Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: THE YEAR IN REVIEW  (Read 17905 times)

Cillaliz

Re: THE YEAR IN REVIEW
« Reply #150 on: December 30, 2010, 04:45:03 PM »

Callie has a funny bump on her lip that I think has grown a little.  She doesn't seem to mind it a bit.  I set a vet appointment for her on Monday.  Boo is going along to get a microchip.  Then all the cats will be chipped.  I will feel much better about that

Danise

« Reply #151 on: December 30, 2010, 04:46:06 PM »

Had a lovelier than lovely lunch with dear reader Jeanne at Hugo's, which contained this classic Jeanne moment:  Jeff Goldblum is walking from his table to the front door, saying hi to several people as he does.  I say, "Oh, there's Jeff Goldblum."  Jeanne looks around, doesn't really know WHERE to look despite the very tall and distinctive Mr. Goldblum, finally focuses on him and then turns back to me and utters this classic - "I don't know who he is."
:)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #152 on: December 30, 2010, 04:46:13 PM »

Thanks for heating vibes, DR Jane.   The problem is, I'm not 100% sure that is a problem.  I'm still not used to having Central heat and air so I'm not sure how it works.   

It's warm now-- 68 degrees so I don't have it on.  Overnight the weatherman said it will go down in the upper 50's by morning so I am going to put it on when I go to bed and set it to 67 again.  We'll just have to see what happens.

Perhaps the central heating was set for p.m. when it should be a.m.?
  I don't think mine works with a timer.    It's just heat/cool  auto/fan and a button to set the target temp. up or down. 

And 17 degrees is way, way, way, way (that's FOUR) to cold for a hot house flower like me!

How in the heck are you ever going to see snow, if you continue to be a hot house flower?
  Thru the window, of course!  ;)

;D

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #153 on: December 30, 2010, 04:46:44 PM »

Had a lovelier than lovely lunch with dear reader Jeanne at Hugo's, which contained this classic Jeanne moment:  Jeff Goldblum is walking from his table to the front door, saying hi to several people as he does.  I say, "Oh, there's Jeff Goldblum."  Jeanne looks around, doesn't really know WHERE to look despite the very tall and distinctive Mr. Goldblum, finally focuses on him and then turns back to me and utters this classic - "I don't know who he is."

You should send that to Reader's Digest!

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #154 on: December 30, 2010, 04:46:53 PM »

Callie has a funny bump on her lip that I think has grown a little.  She doesn't seem to mind it a bit.  I set a vet appointment for her on Monday.  Boo is going along to get a microchip.  Then all the cats will be chipped.  I will feel much better about that

Vibes for Callie & excellent idea for Boo.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #155 on: December 30, 2010, 04:49:50 PM »

Thanks for heating vibes, DR Jane.   The problem is, I'm not 100% sure that is a problem.  I'm still not used to having Central heat and air so I'm not sure how it works.   

It's warm now-- 68 degrees so I don't have it on.  Overnight the weatherman said it will go down in the upper 50's by morning so I am going to put it on when I go to bed and set it to 67 again.  We'll just have to see what happens.

I don't think mine works with a timer.    It's just heat/cool  auto/fan and a button to set the target temp. up or down. 

And 17 degrees is way, way, way, way (that's FOUR) to cold for a hot house flower like me!

How in the heck are you ever going to see snow, if you continue to be a hot house flower?

Hmm, you need a vacation in Switzerland!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #156 on: December 30, 2010, 04:51:56 PM »

Too bad you don't need flea treatment, then you could go for chip and dip!
“One thing’s universal,

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #157 on: December 30, 2010, 04:52:20 PM »

DR Elmore - HOLIDAY, by Vampire Weekend?

Ok, that's weird.  Just got through talking about vampire musicals with the DP and I open HHW, and this is the first thing I see.

Danise

« Reply #158 on: December 30, 2010, 04:53:02 PM »

I agree.   You know, DR Jane, I never gave the chip a thought when Ann posted about that dog on Facebook--yet I've taken a couple of dogs to my local vet to be checked for one.   Most, sadly don't have one.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #159 on: December 30, 2010, 04:54:33 PM »

Hmm, you need a vacation in Switzerland!
  I'm game--Let's go!  :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #160 on: December 30, 2010, 04:57:10 PM »

We've had enough dips around here to last a lifetime (the dips for ringworm).  Like your pun though

Cillaliz

« Reply #161 on: December 30, 2010, 04:59:29 PM »

Ricky came with a chip from the shelter. They insist on it.  The next one to go to the vet was Callie, so I got her a chip.  Boo doesn't have one yet because there hasn't been a reason to go to the vet since I started doing this.  So I told them she's coming with us on Monday so I can do both of them in one visit.   

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #162 on: December 30, 2010, 05:00:22 PM »

DR TCB - the USPS site tells me you received your envelope yesterday.  I hope they are being truthful.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #163 on: December 30, 2010, 05:00:26 PM »

We've had enough dips around here to last a lifetime (the dips for ringworm).  Like your pun though

Thanks.  Just a little New Year's Eve party humor.
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #164 on: December 30, 2010, 05:00:40 PM »

Vibes for DR BEN!

Feel better vibes for DR JOSE and DR TCB.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #165 on: December 30, 2010, 05:01:35 PM »

I am earning a dollar here and a dollar there by signing up and accessing EBAY through Ebates.  It's money for nothing.

Cillaliz

« Reply #166 on: December 30, 2010, 05:01:42 PM »

They estimate something like 80% of lost animals with chips are reunited with owners.  Of course they are the people selling the chips, but seeing how it works at the vet, it's really amazingly easy for them to scan an animal and read the chip number.  I've registered the other two and will pay to register Boo too

Jane

« Reply #167 on: December 30, 2010, 05:01:59 PM »

I agree.   You know, DR Jane, I never gave the chip a thought when Ann posted about that dog on Facebook--yet I've taken a couple of dogs to my local vet to be checked for one.   Most, sadly don't have one.

Worst are people who have lost their pets and apparently no one found the pet and checked for a chip.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #168 on: December 30, 2010, 05:02:10 PM »

DR TCB - the USPS site tells me you received your envelope yesterday.  I hope they are being truthful.

I think they are probably correct, although I didn't even notice it was there until I went down to the laundry room today.  I am looking forward to watching it.  Thank you, Jack!
“One thing’s universal,

Danise

« Reply #169 on: December 30, 2010, 05:02:54 PM »

I didn't get to tell you all about the poor turtle I found a few months back.

I was driving home and saw what I thought was gopher turtle (endangered species) trying to cross the road.  I turned the car around to go back to get him/her.  I was going to take it to a local park where it would be safe.  In just that little bit of time someone hit him/her.  It crushed the whole back side of the shell but it was alive and in pain.

I rushed him/her to a local emergency animal clinic and even the gal at the front desk said there aren't to many of them left in these parts.  They were very happy that I at least brought him/her in so they could try to help it. 

I called the next day to check on him/her but they wouldn't tell me anything.   At least  I know if they couldn't help he/she didn't suffer. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #170 on: December 30, 2010, 05:03:48 PM »

I'm not too concerned about Callie right now.  I've done some research that leads me to believe this is common in cats and probably not a big deal, but I'm going to get it checked as there are a number of mouth cancers common in cats and if it's something serious I want to catch it as soon as possible

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #171 on: December 30, 2010, 05:04:30 PM »

I really do think I am feeling better, but I just felt the urge to take another dose of Imodium.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #172 on: December 30, 2010, 05:04:45 PM »

When Echo was a puppy chips were fairly new and Keith was concerned it would be harmful.  To my regret she never had one.  Sherlock was chipped during one of his early vet visits. 

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #173 on: December 30, 2010, 05:04:45 PM »

Mild weather without earthquakes right now.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #174 on: December 30, 2010, 05:05:23 PM »

I think they are probably correct, although I didn't even notice it was there until I went down to the laundry room today.  I am looking forward to watching it.  Thank you, Jack!

Tell me that AFTER you watch it!  LOL

Danise

« Reply #175 on: December 30, 2010, 05:05:25 PM »

I am earning a dollar here and a dollar there by signing up and accessing EBAY through Ebates.  It's money for nothing.
  How does that work, DR JRand?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #176 on: December 30, 2010, 05:06:09 PM »

What a shame Danise.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #177 on: December 30, 2010, 05:06:42 PM »

I didn't get to tell you all about the poor turtle I found a few months back.

I was driving home and saw what I thought was gopher turtle (endangered species) trying to cross the road.  I turned the car around to go back to get him/her.  I was going to take it to a local park where it would be safe.  In just that little bit of time someone hit him/her.  It crushed the whole back side of the shell but it was alive and in pain.

I rushed him/her to a local emergency animal clinic and even the gal at the front desk said there aren't to many of them left in these parts.  They were very happy that I at least brought him/her in so they could try to help it. 

I called the next day to check on him/her but they wouldn't tell me anything.   At least  I know if they couldn't help he/she didn't suffer. 

That made me sad.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #178 on: December 30, 2010, 05:06:42 PM »

I agree.   You know, DR Jane, I never gave the chip a thought when Ann posted about that dog on Facebook--yet I've taken a couple of dogs to my local vet to be checked for one.   Most, sadly don't have one.

Worst are people who have lost their pets and apparently no one found the pet and checked for a chip.

I heard a story of a cat that was at our locak animal control.  It was going to be put down and was on the table when they finally checked for a chip and found one

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #179 on: December 30, 2010, 05:06:57 PM »

Last Thursday evening of 2010.....hard to believe.

Last night I watched THE LAVENDER HILL MOB which I had never seen.....and had in fact avoided.  It was a most enjoyable and delightful movie.  Now I want to see it again!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up