Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Down

Author Topic: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL  (Read 11720 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL
« on: January 16, 2011, 12:29:37 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were high schoolish and musicalish, and now it is time for you to post until the high school cows come home.  They're currently performing Bye Bye Cowdie.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: HIGH SCHOOL MUSICAL
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 12:30:25 AM »

And the word of the day is: OSSIFY!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 01:47:43 AM »

Yesterday, Jane wrote:
HEALING VIBES TO DC EBONIE!!

THANKS JANE...AND EBONIE THANKS YOU, TOO!!

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 02:10:18 AM »

Yesterday, my sister, niece and I went to Seattle to have breakfast at a local place called Cafe Flora.  It's my niece's all-time favorite restaurant.  She had the vegan Basic Breakfast, my sister had their blueberry bread French toast (although, it's not on the .pdf menu) and I had the Ranch Colorado Scramble.  It was all quite delish!  We also had lattes and mochas to drink.  This was my sister's latte (I forget what kind she got):
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 02:20:40 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 02:12:59 AM »

This was Hilary's caramel latte:

George

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 02:13:17 AM »

And here's my mocha:

George

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 02:19:14 AM »

After breakfast (and the real reason for the road trip), we got back into the car and headed back south to Ikea.  We were there for a little over an hour and my sister got three shelf units.

Guess what I'll be doing today. :P

George

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 02:24:29 AM »

Then, after unloading the purchases at my sister's house, we all went to our parents' house for dinner...although, I was not hungry, yet.  We played Scrabble and I lost!  Then, we all went home.  I watched some TV (most of Miss America ::)) and now am going to bed.

Ben

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 04:37:11 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ginny

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 04:37:11 AM »

Sunday morning greetings!  Now that it's daylight, I can confirm that Savannah is, indeed, beautiful and later I'll take some pictures to post.

We're up early to drive up to Hilton Head Island to attend church.  Of course, it's not as early as we're usually up on Sundays - we'd be leaving the house about now if we were going to Lima.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 04:37:34 AM »

Hi, Ben!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ben

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 04:38:55 AM »

Had a very nice impromptu visit with Kevin H. last night. He came over to the apartment for a bit and then we went to dinner at Good Stuff Diner (we have been there before with Amy and Larry and Jose and others of the HHW gang). He then went off to see Phantom of the Opera with Hugh Panaro. Tomorrow he's going to a friend's son's wedding at Chelsea Piers.

Ben

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 04:39:10 AM »

Hi, Ginny!

Ben

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 04:40:13 AM »

We are having visitors today as well. Our friends, Paul and Mark, are coming over in the afternoon. We still have the tree up since our holiday was interrupted by illness so we are having friends over for late holiday visits.

Ben

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2011, 04:40:29 AM »

Don't have to go back to work until Tuesday!

Ben

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 04:40:50 AM »

Friday I see the surgeon again to finally set the date for the appendectomy.

Ben

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 04:44:14 AM »

Cilla, there are cables (I've seen them at Best Buy) that plug into the USB ports and they help you transfer your setting and programs from one computer to another. I've never used them but they are supposed to be fairly easy to use. You don't need the program discs, etc. just the cable.

Laura

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 06:05:49 AM »

That's some mighty purty coffee, George.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 06:19:26 AM »

Good morning, all! Last night I had a long dream about driving around Middletown, Ohio, following a huge storm, looking for Christmas gifts, tracking down an old friend, and arguing with my mother. I haven't dreamed about her in years, but she was in and out of this dream, mostly sitting in the passenger seat since I was driving her old Chrysler. I have no idea of what period of  time this dream occurs: the old friend was from the 1970s, as were the car and the geography, but downtown Middletown was the urban-depressed territory it is today, and shopping was impossible. I remember, too that we were on a deadline to finish Christmas and gifts by midnight before I had to leave. My one clear memory of the dream is getting stuck driving up  a steep hill in Middletown and the steering wheel coming apart in my hands while my mother made one of her "I've been meaning to get that fixed" excuses and the car slid back down the hill as I prayed no one would hit us.

My work marathon continues into today. I will leave shortly for Toyland. I've got about five hours of edits and things to be accomplished and I like to finish up and get home early. Then submit my invoice.

Tomorrow is Martin Luther King day, so I will stay home and spend the entire day getting my tax receipts in order for my accountant. If I work on my taxes two days a week, I'll be ready for him on Feb 3.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jennifer

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 06:40:07 AM »

I watched Miss America (haven't watched a pageant in a long time). The thing that bugged me most was that they kept changing their clothes. And then they wouldn't remind us what each girl's talent/dress was. How are we supposed to remember? We're supposed to be memorize it all?  I think if they had stayed in the same gown for talent, evening dress and questions it would have been so much easier to remember who was who (since many look similar).

Laura

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 06:46:34 AM »

Today there is a marathon in town, which closes many streets and freeway exits/entrances. My DH's usual 6 minute three-mile drive turns into 29 minutes and 14 miles, according to Mapquest. Most people won't even bother trying to come to church today. It is practically impossible.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 06:58:10 AM »

.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2011, 06:58:58 AM »

Fun vibes for DR GINNY and DH RICHARD!!!

Piano playing vibes for DR JOSE - perhaps you will spot an adult today.  Please let us know what is the most interesting outfit you see today - and the most unfortunate song choice.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2011, 07:20:12 AM »

Last night, I finished watching BASIL DEARDEN'S LONDON UNDERGROUND, the new 4-movie set from Criterion.

Good writing, direction and fine performances from actors who knew how to speak in a way that the audience could understand what they were saying.  [Is that a lost art?]

The only problem with the movies is that they are fifty years or more old, and they deal with issues like racism and homophobia in ways that are very outdated in today's world.

That aside, all four movies employ good storytelling, are very entertaining and well worth a look.

For the record, they are SAPPHIRE, THE LEAGUE OF GENTLEMEN, VICTIM and ALL NIGHT LONG.
You can dream…or you can do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2011, 07:32:54 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I just finished my breakfast.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 07:34:02 AM »

Oh...

Alpen© Muesli

And now I'm sipping on a cup of Japanese green tea.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2011, 07:37:03 AM »

Fun vibes for DR GINNY and DH RICHARD!!!

Piano playing vibes for DR JOSE - perhaps you will spot an adult today.  Please let us know what is the most interesting outfit you see today - and the most unfortunate song choice.

Well... There was at least one if not two "unfortunate" outfits yesterday. Alas, they were owned by the same young girl.  Thankfully, the young girl's mother only presented them as an option for what her daughter was going to wear for today's audition panels.  And, even more thankfully, the teacher very kindly suggested that her daughter did not need to wear a "costume" - rather costumes (one for each song) - today. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2011, 07:39:49 AM »

DR CILLA LIZ - I think DR BEN is right.....the cable OR flash drives.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Transferring-files-and-settings-frequently-asked-questions

And just remember that transferring files via cable can be a slow process depending upon just much "stuff" you have to transfer. So... Bring a book. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #28 on: January 16, 2011, 07:42:10 AM »

DR elmore - I have a few questions about "Naughty Marietta" to ask you.  -Mainly in regards to the song - and the performance practice, tradition - of "It's Very Soft For Simon" (or "It's Very Soft for Silas").  A friend of mine somehow selected the song for a competition, and let's just say that we're having some "issues" with its presentation.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #29 on: January 16, 2011, 07:47:31 AM »

In other news...

I need to get ready for the rest of my day.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9   Go Up