Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: STARS  (Read 14258 times)

Danise

Re: STARS
« Reply #210 on: January 17, 2011, 05:46:07 PM »

I'm so honored.  I hope she went to a good home. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Laura

« Reply #211 on: January 17, 2011, 05:47:42 PM »

She was very sweet and friendly. I'm sure she did.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

Danise

« Reply #212 on: January 17, 2011, 05:47:46 PM »

Sherlock.

Sherlock sure grew up to be a fine figure of a fella, too!
Say THAT 3 times fast.  ;)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #213 on: January 17, 2011, 05:49:04 PM »

And because of the CPaP machine and supplies, I made the hard decision that maybe I'd better try to stay where I'm at, job wise.   I can't take the chance of losing the medical insurance.

It hasn't been easy.
  What kind of mask/machine do you have?
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Cillaliz

« Reply #214 on: January 17, 2011, 05:50:37 PM »

DR CILLA LIZ I meant to write yesterday, can't you get a cord that has the new connection on one end and the old connection on the other......I saw them at one time.....but I think it was back in the 20th century.

I'm not sure, I'm trying to investigate all that.  It's the big wide LPT or whatever you call it.  It was the standard forever, now all the computers just have USB ports for printers

I have the same problem with my printer, Cilla.  I have the large LPT on one end, but not one on my comptuer.  You can buy these, but I found out that I could buy a new printer for far less than I would pay for this hummer.

I'm going to talk to Edith. What I'm considering is getting her a good laser printer and a new computer and just using the ancient Sharp machine as a copier and fax machine. We've been having problems with the way it prints envelopes lately, so a new printer may be the best way to go.  I just didn't want to HAVE to take that option until I looked into all the possibilites. That's why I returned the computer. 

Danise

« Reply #215 on: January 17, 2011, 05:51:09 PM »

She was very sweet and friendly. I'm sure she did.
  I hope so.  Thank you so much for showing her to me.  I wish I could have taken her but I don't think Sheena or Toby are cat friendly.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #216 on: January 17, 2011, 05:55:21 PM »

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY, GINNY AND RICHARD!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Danise

« Reply #217 on: January 17, 2011, 05:57:51 PM »

Well, I hate to say it but I have to go.  I have to shower and get my clothes set out for work tomorrow.

Have a wonderful evening all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #218 on: January 17, 2011, 05:59:31 PM »

We have a form of pasties here in ND called Fleishkeichla

I will pass on Montana's delicacy.. Rocky Mountain Oysters (also called Prairie oysters) do not sound appetizing in the least.

Thank you for clarifying that for me, Dakota.  I thought that was what Montana was offering.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #219 on: January 17, 2011, 06:03:41 PM »

And because of the CPaP machine and supplies, I made the hard decision that maybe I'd better try to stay where I'm at, job wise.   I can't take the chance of losing the medical insurance.

It hasn't been easy.
  What kind of mask/machine do you have?

Something called a ResMed Auto 25. Mask goes over the head. I'd like to get one of the new ones that just has a cord that goes under the nose.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #220 on: January 17, 2011, 06:04:21 PM »

TOD:

I have long thought that Lillian Jackson Braun's THE CAT WHO...series of mystery books would make a great TV series or series of TV movies, with Tom Selleck in the role of Jim Qwilleran. He is now just at that right age.

I agree about the books, MBarnum; but I can't see Tom Selleck as Qwill.  However, he does have a great moustache.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #221 on: January 17, 2011, 06:06:53 PM »

I will pass on Montana's delicacy.. Rocky Mountain Oysters (also called Prairie oysters) do not sound appetizing in the least.

Thank you for clarifying that for me, Dakota.  I thought that was what Montana was offering.
I once worked a food booth that sold calf fries, as we call them here in Texas. I ate one. Now I don't need to do that again.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #222 on: January 17, 2011, 06:07:21 PM »

Jan Horvath and I put up our draft of our

HOLLYWOOD GOWN installment for "Day After Golden Globes"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh_Pf4zr3wc
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 06:09:50 PM by FJL »

Laura

« Reply #223 on: January 17, 2011, 06:07:50 PM »

Arizona's was fry bread -- something I may have had once. Maybe.
"Your lucky number is 7. You will soar to great heights. Be sure to ride The Cyclone."
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

John G.

« Reply #224 on: January 17, 2011, 06:08:04 PM »

TOD:

I have long thought that Lillian Jackson Braun's THE CAT WHO...series of mystery books would make a great TV series or series of TV movies, with Tom Selleck in the role of Jim Qwilleran. He is now just at that right age.

I agree about the books, MBarnum; but I can't see Tom Selleck as Qwill.  However, he does have a great moustache.
Sam Elliott has the right mustache, but I don't know that he has the right temperament for Quilleran.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #225 on: January 17, 2011, 06:10:57 PM »

Jan Horvath and I put up our draft of our

HOLLYWOOD GOWN installment for "Day After Golden Globes"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hh_Pf4zr3wc
Fun, but it still doesn't explain a few of those wardrobe atrocities. Although what could?
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #226 on: January 17, 2011, 06:11:01 PM »

For DR Jane and any other USA network fans. One of my favorite shows, WHITE COLLAR is starting again tomorrow (January 18th). An ROYAL PAINS (another one of my favorites) starts Jan 20th.

Hoo and Ray!  I love both these shows!  Thanks for posting!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #227 on: January 17, 2011, 06:13:26 PM »

We are in for the evening after a FABulous dinner at Elizabeth.  I had the roasted chicken and Richard had the pork chop, followed by almond pecan tart for me (no ice cream) and Savannah cream cake for him.  Not something we'd do often, but perfect for such a special occasion.

Thanks to DRs KevinH, Jennifer, and TCB for the anniversary wishes!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #228 on: January 17, 2011, 06:14:50 PM »

Job vibes for DR John G!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #229 on: January 17, 2011, 06:16:01 PM »

It sounds like you had a lovely anniversary, Ginny.  :)
                                                           -- The Amazing Karnak

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #230 on: January 17, 2011, 06:16:17 PM »

I could use some vibes. I got a face-to-face interview set for Thursday afternoon. Not only does the job pay well
but it's only 30 hours a week, so I have more time for class work.

John vibes for Job.

Wait!  Reverse that.

Job vibes for John.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #231 on: January 17, 2011, 06:18:24 PM »

John G - Hoping for more fun atrocities at the SAG Awards.

Helena Bonham Carter aims for that, doesn't she?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #232 on: January 17, 2011, 06:21:08 PM »

I actually prefer when the host does a monologue. And I like to have the host on throughout the night.

I thought that Ricky Gervais was okay. Funny some of the time. But I think he crossed the line a few times.

Re:  The Golden Globes.

Ricky Gervais was the host for last year's broadcast.  The Hollywood Foreign Press knew exactly what they were getting.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #233 on: January 17, 2011, 06:25:52 PM »

We are in for the evening after a FABulous dinner at Elizabeth.  I had the roasted chicken and Richard had the pork chop, followed by almond pecan tart for me (no ice cream) and Savannah cream cake for him.  Not something we'd do often, but perfect for such a special occasion.

Thanks to DRs KevinH, Jennifer, and TCB for the anniversary wishes!
And I was just thinking I needed some ice cream tonight.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #234 on: January 17, 2011, 06:26:36 PM »

John G - Hoping for more fun atrocities at the SAG Awards.

Helena Bonham Carter aims for that, doesn't she?
She's got leftovers from the Bellatrix wardrobe.
― Voltaire

George

« Reply #235 on: January 17, 2011, 06:26:43 PM »

I could use some vibes. I got a face-to-face interview set for Thursday afternoon. Not only does the job pay well
but it's only 30 hours a week, so I have more time for class work.

~~~Extra Interview Vibes for John G.!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #236 on: January 17, 2011, 06:30:15 PM »

Is anyone watching the new US version of "Being Human"?

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #237 on: January 17, 2011, 06:32:00 PM »

Home from the movies (Harry Potter) a trip to Costco, and now dinner. (steak. lobster ravioli and salad)

FJL

« Reply #238 on: January 17, 2011, 06:33:55 PM »

The Times has a fascinating analysis of Golden Globes fashion

http://runway.blogs.nytimes.com/2011/01/17/fashion-has-a-moment-at-the-golden-globes/?ref=fashion

The last paragraph deals with Helena Bonham Carter to some extent.

"Helena Bonham Carter’s print-and-tulle dress was not so interesting in itself — a classic bit of Vivienne Westwood — but Ms. Carter, English and eccentric, seemed to understand its effect on her. Julianna Margulies picked a Saint Laurent gown, with a small black bodice and a draped pink skirt. Ms. Margulies rarely gets it wrong, and maybe the archive design looked better in person, but some greater pizzazz was needed to carry it off."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #239 on: January 17, 2011, 06:34:10 PM »

I was going to go over to Largo today to the SPCA to discuss arrangements for Sheena and Toby, should something ever happen to me but there is such a bad storm right now that I had to cancel my appointment.

I don't like to drive over the bridges that cross the bay when it's dry but a rain slicked road is to scary for me.   Not to mention I really don't know my way around Largo.  I don't want to cause an accident by going to slow or not knowing the turn lanes.

What arrangements are you planning to make?
  I've wanted to put something in place in case something ever happened to me.  I want something on paper giving the SPCA full rights to take Sheena and Toby.  I want to leave them something in my will or life insurance to make sure they will not be put down and find a good home.  I was going to meet to find out exactly what I need to do.

I put something in my will about the "family" taking care of them but with the way things are I'm not 100% sure of the arrangement.

Danise, I talked it over with my friends Sharry and Michael and they agreed to take the repsponsibility for making sure that Nicky is taken into a perfect home.  Then I put a clause in my will that will be given total control of Nicky, and I set aside some money for them in return.
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11   Go Up