Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BEATING A HASTY RETREAT  (Read 9541 times)

Cillaliz

Re: BEATING A HASTY RETREAT
« Reply #120 on: January 29, 2011, 06:18:10 PM »

thinking of making banana bread

Cillaliz

« Reply #121 on: January 29, 2011, 06:18:57 PM »

I also have all the entries for our Siouxland Film Festival here.  I have to verify the times and figure out the total run time for each category before our meeting on Wednesday

Ginny

« Reply #122 on: January 29, 2011, 06:20:21 PM »

I'm watching the repeat of Harry's Law.  I really like this show

Darn - I wish I'd known this was on!  Just caught the last 10 minutes or so.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: January 29, 2011, 06:20:41 PM »

We went from almost no entries to a decent amount with a couple stragglers after the deadline that we've decided to accept.  For various reasons the people who usually take care of ads, announcing entries are being accepted etc. didn't do it this year.  So it was a scramble at the last minute to pull it off.  But, it looks like we did.  So "Na, na, na ,na ,na" to those who tried to ruin our festival

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: January 29, 2011, 06:21:53 PM »

You can watch full episodes online here http://www.nbc.com/harrys-law/

Ginny

« Reply #125 on: January 29, 2011, 06:24:39 PM »

Thanks for the link, DR Cillaliz.  The pilot got a scathing review in USA TODAY and Cincinnatians like to bash it for incongruities, but I like Kathy Bates, so I'll give it a try.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: January 29, 2011, 06:25:05 PM »

I ended up watching Monsieur Beaucaire, which has a really funny screenplay. I may watch one of the Road movies now.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #127 on: January 29, 2011, 06:35:26 PM »

I feel bad for the first two skaters, I'm sure this isn't the skate they wanted for the Nationals

Ginny

« Reply #128 on: January 29, 2011, 06:43:47 PM »

We went to the movie today at the multiplex where Mom and I will see RISE, the figure skating movie, on Feb. 17.  I wanted to scope it out before trying to take her there and we decided that Richard will go along and see one of the other movies while we see RISE.

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: January 29, 2011, 06:52:35 PM »

I really want to see Rise, but I'd have to drive to Omaha and I don't want to do that for an evening movie

Ginny

« Reply #130 on: January 29, 2011, 06:54:13 PM »

I don't blame you, DR Cillaliz, especially in the winter...

Cillaliz

« Reply #131 on: January 29, 2011, 06:55:14 PM »

I wish it was going to be in Sioux City

Ginny

« Reply #132 on: January 29, 2011, 06:57:51 PM »

Some of this skating is really painful to watch.

Cillaliz

« Reply #133 on: January 29, 2011, 06:57:59 PM »

Oh man, this skater is really having trouble.  Poor girl

Cillaliz

« Reply #134 on: January 29, 2011, 06:58:56 PM »

I give her a lot of credit for continuing.  I hope the audience gives her a good ovation for not giving up

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #135 on: January 29, 2011, 07:00:06 PM »

To make this nothing day complete, I will make coffee, do dishes, and go to bed and read.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2011, 07:00:27 PM »

Morning all.

I know how you feel DR Laura.  I was up most of the night in spite of going to bed early.

I have twin problem with my sleep apnea.  Lately, if I don't use the humidifier, I've been waking up with a totally dry mouth/throat.  I can't even swallow. 

If I use the humidifier, my head gets to full of moisture and I have the Mother of all sinus headaches.  Not to mention my nose stuffs up and I can't use the machine. 

I had to sleep without it last night night so I kept having horrible dreams where I was drowning. It's funny because even in the dream I know it's because I'm not breathing but I can't wake myself up.  When I finely managed pull myself back to the real world,  I got up and sat in the living room from about 2 AM to around 5AM.  I turned the humidifier off and did finely fall asleep but now my head is completely stuffed. 

I guess I'm just going to have to get used to waking up with a dry mouth but I've read that isn't good for you.

I am so tired and I feel like a major grump right now.

I have a 1:30 appointment to go to H & R Block to get Ye Old Taxes taken care of.  I'm hoping that I will get a nice refund so I can get new tires for Bonny and pay off some of the smaller bills.  And maybe get a nice thing or two for me!

When I started using my machine, the humidifier was not an option. When I got my new machine, it was included, so I started using it. But I had to stop for the same reasons you said. I don't dry out as badly as you do, but I cannot sleep without the machine any more.

I really hope the problem clears up for you.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2011, 07:14:47 PM »

Gnight!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

John G.

« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2011, 07:24:13 PM »

Back from a lovelier than lovely lunch with La Graae.  We'll be recording his new Jerry Herman club act live, probably at the end of March.
Sounds great.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ginny

« Reply #139 on: January 29, 2011, 07:30:56 PM »

Back from a lovelier than lovely lunch with La Graae.  We'll be recording his new Jerry Herman club act live, probably at the end of March.
Sounds great.

It certainly does!

John G.

« Reply #140 on: January 29, 2011, 07:32:37 PM »

Judging the wine competition was wonderful work. It ended at about 2:30. After that, some friends and I went walking in HemisFair Park beneath the Tower of the Americas. The temperature was in the mid-70s and everything was beautiful and felt like spring. We then sat outside and had a few beers (what most wine judges drink after a day of wine). Then we had a lovely dinner. And I'm exhausted.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #141 on: January 29, 2011, 07:35:39 PM »

TOD:

Well.....two of them.....

Ravel's Bolero
Orff's Carmina Burana

But there are MANY......

Ditto and ditto and ditto. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #142 on: January 29, 2011, 07:39:19 PM »

"Einstein on the Beach" and "Nixon in China" are another couple of possibilities.

When I was going to Western Washington University, the music library (where I worked) had a record sale.  I bought several, including Einstein on the Beach, Satyagraha and Akhnaten.  My favorite of the three was Satyagraha. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ginny

« Reply #143 on: January 29, 2011, 07:42:20 PM »

Signing off to watch the final 3 skaters and then get to bed - early call for Lima tomorrow!

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #144 on: January 29, 2011, 07:48:59 PM »

Greetings one  and alll!
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
Noodles Grow... Meat Shrinks... Oh the beauty of cooking!
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #145 on: January 29, 2011, 07:50:29 PM »

I have been monitoring the news out of the Egypt the last couple of days. My cousin Ericka Galegher, is teaching there and is now soewhat away from th erioting

I just pray she stays safe Seh is very scared and nervouse as no knows what is going to happen overnight
Mischief is where you are old enough to know better but young enough to try!~~ DakotaCelt, 2004
If a man loses something and he goes back and looks carefully, he will find it ~~ Sitting Bull
"Humility is probably the most difficult virtue to realize." --Thomas Yellowtail, CROW
Continue to contaminate your bed, and you will one night suffocate in your own waste. ~~ Chief Seattle, 1854

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #146 on: January 29, 2011, 07:53:12 PM »

TOD:

Well.....two of them.....

Ravel's Bolero
Orff's Carmina Burana

But there are MANY......

Ditto and ditto and ditto. :)

Agree And I also like the score from Les MIserables

DakotaCelt

• Life is a Dance!!
« Reply #147 on: January 29, 2011, 08:06:49 PM »

I was watching soem of the coverage on the BBC and Al-Jazeera

George

« Reply #148 on: January 29, 2011, 08:11:50 PM »

Cool!! 

George

« Reply #149 on: January 29, 2011, 08:16:30 PM »

It'll be on in a few minutes.  I set my DVR to record it, because I'm watching "A Dry White Season."  The CD arrived yesterday and the movie is on today.  What a coinkydink!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up