Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BUCKLE AND SWASH  (Read 9460 times)

Ben

Re: BUCKLE AND SWASH
« Reply #30 on: March 27, 2011, 09:31:35 AM »

And voila!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2011, 09:41:26 AM »

DR elmore I just added "Unconditional Love" to my NetFlix queue.

Jane

« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2011, 09:42:03 AM »

From DR Laura:
Jane, Joshie seems to be doing well. They were pleased that his gums look better on the last visit. He is currently purring loudly on my lap and patting my face.
:) :D

Jane

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2011, 09:44:26 AM »

From Cilla:
Ahhh, I'm sorry Jane.   I have a water dish that was Petey's  I may have used it for Nilla and Callie for a little while, but it's packed away.  I just can't seem to use it for any other cats.

Thank you.  This had been up in the cupboard for a long time.  I think I should go get her a new dish.  The one for dry food seems a little deep, maybe I'll get her something new.

Jane

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2011, 09:54:57 AM »

This is sooooo cute!!!

Jane

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2011, 09:56:21 AM »

Thanks George.

Jane

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2011, 09:57:09 AM »

Thanks to everyone for the hugs and the vibes.  Can't say this is easy, but it's been a hell of a lot easier knowing I have people in my life that care.  The ex, I'm afraid, doesn't have that network of friends.  I'm feeling sorry for him. 

More later!

You are very kind.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2011, 10:02:46 AM »

I am watching THE MUSIC MAN on Blu ray....and it is MOST excellent.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jane

« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2011, 10:03:37 AM »

DR Jane--Sheena licks Toby as well so I'm not sure who is "top" dog.  I will say that I tried to put their collars on them again but as soon as I do one drags the other around by the collar so I took them off again. 

Collars can be dangerous when dogs play.  Both dogs are micro-chipped?

Jane

« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2011, 10:06:42 AM »

A very active and sort of heated conversation has started up on my criminal defense listserv about THE LINCOLN LAWYER.  I haven't seen it yet, but apparently there are a number of ethical issues and trial issues that don't look good for criminal defesne lawyers.  I think it's a little much to expect the movie to follow all the ethical rules, but some people get all out of shape over it

Nursie gets upset if a film isn't following historical accuracy. History and biography have never been good as dramatizations without dramatic license. Why not the law as well?

I was on a jury around 1986, for a simple armed robbery on a taxi driver, where the defendant, who was caught wearing the victim's hat and leather jacket, was very guilty. The ones who refused to convict - and because of them we were sequestered for two days -  asked the prosecutor after the trial, "where were the DNA tests or fingerprint results?" The attorney's comment: this is a simple robbery trial; you watch too much tv. We can't afford the tests you're asking about."

That is funny.

Medical shows take liberal license with medicine, just watch HOUSE if you don't believe it. ;D  I'm sure police shows do the same thing.

Jane

« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2011, 10:07:23 AM »

Thanks for all the good wishes for my brother, Jay, and his fiancée.

*My brother had to call my mother twice to tell her the good news. Apparently, she didn't really "understand" it the first time. ;)

;D

Congratulations to your brother and future sister-in-law!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2011, 10:10:05 AM »

DR elmore I just added "Unconditional Love" to my NetFlix queue.

It's a mess of a movie, but i found it very funny and the cast quite wonderful. Any movie that ends with the entire cast on the Sally Jesse Raphael Show singing "I Can't Live Without You"along with Barry Manilow is clearly deranged, and I found it quite a hoot.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2011, 10:13:09 AM »

I'm on the horns of a proverbial dilemma: do I go back to the rch fool for whom I was working or stay with the one who's currently driving me mad? Decisions, decisions.

Fiddledeedee. I'll think about it tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 11:14:37 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2011, 10:55:50 AM »

Good idea, Scarlet.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2011, 11:14:15 AM »

A very active and sort of heated conversation has started up on my criminal defense listserv about THE LINCOLN LAWYER.  I haven't seen it yet, but apparently there are a number of ethical issues and trial issues that don't look good for criminal defesne lawyers.  I think it's a little much to expect the movie to follow all the ethical rules, but some people get all out of shape over it
I think that may have been what I liked about it. It wasn't all cut-and-dried or black-and-white. But I can understand lawyers not liking that, much in the way that I've not liked the way some journalists have been portrayed in movies.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2011, 11:18:16 AM »

Vibes for Matthew.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2011, 11:27:16 AM »

Congratulations, Danise. (I'm only now catching up on yesterday.)
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #47 on: March 27, 2011, 11:28:08 AM »

Finishing up "Downton Abbey," which is due back at the library and I haven't been able to watch except in stolen moments. Great fun. Great Maggie Smith.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #48 on: March 27, 2011, 11:36:18 AM »

Had to work at a local event yesterday to benefit the local chapter of Les Dames d'Escoffier, which exists to help women in the culinary profession. It was called Olives Ole and it featured olive plants for sale, olive oil tastings, olives, etc. I helped cooked and serve a veggie pita that was really quite wonderful. A colorful array of orange and red peppers, Asian eggplant, mushrooms, pattypan squash, yellow squash all on a homemade pita, topped with feta, olives, grilled scallions, olive oil and lemon juice.

Then it was off to the 83rd birthday of a friend who wanted to host a tequila tasting. Eight tequilas, then margaritas, all outdoors, followed by dessert in their wonderful treehouse. Didn't get home until well past midnight, which made getting to church at 8 this morning hard.
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #49 on: March 27, 2011, 11:55:38 AM »

Tequila tasting?  Doesn't it taste the same after two shots?

KevinH

« Reply #50 on: March 27, 2011, 12:02:22 PM »

Hello--it's a sunny but cold day.  I guess it's a little colder than usual for the Cherry Blossom Festival.  I haven't been down to see the trees in years.  I really should make it a point to do so this year.

Jane

« Reply #51 on: March 27, 2011, 12:03:17 PM »

I think not DR Jrand. ;D

KevinH

« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2011, 12:08:18 PM »

Thanks for answering my question about The Book of Mormon, DR Ben.   I just read they have a lottery before each show.   I don't know if there's any point in my entering it ( next time I"m in NY).  I think I must have tried the Wicked lottery about 25 times over the years and never won.  I did pay full price and see it a few years ago (and loved it).

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #53 on: March 27, 2011, 12:44:07 PM »

Hello--it's a sunny but cold day.  I guess it's a little colder than usual for the Cherry Blossom Festival.  I haven't been down to see the trees in years.  I really should make it a point to do so this year.

I saw the cherry trees on Friday. They wer beautiful.

It's the first time I've ever seen them.

FJL

« Reply #54 on: March 27, 2011, 12:54:18 PM »

I'm on the horns of a proverbial dilemma: do I go back to the rch fool for whom I was working or stay with the one who's currently driving me mad? Decisions, decisions.

What are you saying, Larry?  Has the guy in California made attempts to resume that project?

Ginny

« Reply #55 on: March 27, 2011, 01:07:55 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  We are back from Lima on this sunny, but c-c-c-cold, day.  We made a nursing home visit to a parishioner who had hip replacement surgery in Columbus on Tuesday.  Her 90-year-old husband drove her back to Lima on Friday for 2 weeks of recovery/rehab before she goes home.  He was in church this morning and she was all perky when we visited - they're great examples of how to age!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2011, 01:09:38 PM »

What are you saying, Larry?  Has the guy in California made attempts to resume that project?

Half-assed attempt.

Laura

« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2011, 02:04:39 PM »

You work for whichever one pays and doesn't ask you do to anything illegal, immoral, or unethical.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Jane

« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2011, 02:06:02 PM »

Hello--it's a sunny but cold day.  I guess it's a little colder than usual for the Cherry Blossom Festival.  I haven't been down to see the trees in years.  I really should make it a point to do so this year.

I saw the cherry trees on Friday. They wer beautiful.

It's the first time I've ever seen them.

When I was in the study at the NIH I wanted to do Spring instead of October so I could see the trees in bloom.  Had I not done October our NY walking/eating tour might never have happened so I'm glad I did October.

Danise

« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2011, 02:06:18 PM »

I understand exactly how you feel.  Now that they have us doing payroll (which I swore to myself I would never EVER do again) I have only 2 choices--stay and do what I hate or try to move on and maybe not make the pay that I am now.  Considering that I have some nasty habits--like eating and enjoying have a roof over my head, not to mention  2 dogs to support (Lord help me if the treats stopped) I have to stay where I am.  I hate that it seems like I have no say in the matter.  I feel so trapped. :(
Touch Magic, Pass it on!
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up