Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BUCKLE AND SWASH  (Read 9471 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: BUCKLE AND SWASH
« Reply #90 on: March 27, 2011, 04:58:31 PM »

The Joan Rivers documentary is really amazing: I cried, I laughed, and I appreciated its honesty. She's one brave lady for allowing such close scrutiny. Bravo!

Did she mention what a fool she made of herself in Pennsylvania?

Cillaliz

« Reply #91 on: March 27, 2011, 05:00:59 PM »

Good evening!

Cillaliz

« Reply #92 on: March 27, 2011, 05:01:59 PM »

Well, I went to the place where the festival was supposed to happen today and saw a lot of people walking out.  I asked what was going on and they said it was cancelled due to a power failure. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #93 on: March 27, 2011, 05:03:18 PM »

I heard later on the news that there were repairs being done today down the  street from the center.  I hope it was an emergency and not a scheduled repair.  This has been on the schedule for a long time.  If I had been a food vender who was suddenly out all the food I prepared, I would be looking to file a small claim against someone if it isn't a mistake
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 05:05:34 PM by Cillaliz »

Michael

« Reply #94 on: March 27, 2011, 05:04:53 PM »

So far, the How To Succeed In Busness reviews are pretty good. I want it to be a huge success for Jo Loesser's sake, something good after the debacle of the last Guys and Dolls disaster.

How did Where's Charley do?
Never stop dreaming.

Cillaliz

« Reply #95 on: March 27, 2011, 05:04:55 PM »

I think a movie is a movie and I don't care if it isn't exactly the way it should be in real life. I think the lawyers who are freaking out should take a vacation and get away for a while

Cillaliz

« Reply #96 on: March 27, 2011, 05:06:01 PM »

Jane, she's a comediane, she makes a fool of herself on purpose

Jane

« Reply #97 on: March 27, 2011, 05:21:12 PM »

Not that time.  She was going to develop some property not far where we lived and build a ritzy vacation home resort for her Hollywood (something like that) friends and people of "class".  When you want permission to build in a new area it is not wise to insult the locals and tell them you are bringing in a better group of people. ;D  Needless to say she didn't get permission to build.

Ginny

« Reply #98 on: March 27, 2011, 05:21:21 PM »

Richard and I have been out to the retirement community to turn over keys to my aunt's house to my cousin who arrived this evening from Georgia.  He has a HUGE job this week, clearing out the place and figuring out what to keep and what to disperse.  He has an appoint in the morning with folks there who can help him know what his mom will be able to have in her new digs.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #99 on: March 27, 2011, 05:22:29 PM »

Sorry to hear about the festival, DR Cillaliz.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #100 on: March 27, 2011, 05:27:28 PM »

DR Ginny, I am not at all sorry.  1/2 of our group learned the dance Friday - we should have done a few more run throughs, it wasn't really that smooth yet.  The other 1/2 was learning it today at 1:00 and we were doing the dance at 2:00.  Now, it's not difficult, but it's still 8 people doing a dance together.   I think we would have been really bad today.   If they reschedule, we'll practice more and should be able to do it

Danise

« Reply #101 on: March 27, 2011, 05:37:36 PM »

DR Ginny, I am not at all sorry.  1/2 of our group learned the dance Friday - we should have done a few more run throughs, it wasn't really that smooth yet.  The other 1/2 was learning it today at 1:00 and we were doing the dance at 2:00.  Now, it's not difficult, but it's still 8 people doing a dance together.   I think we would have been really bad today.   If they reschedule, we'll practice more and should be able to do it
So things worked out for the best!  Good news!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #102 on: March 27, 2011, 05:37:56 PM »

I'm glad you aren't sorry.

Cillaliz

« Reply #103 on: March 27, 2011, 05:38:35 PM »

Yup. We all went out for pie at Perkins instead of dancing.  I had Key Lime. It was good

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #104 on: March 27, 2011, 05:40:42 PM »

“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #105 on: March 27, 2011, 05:43:06 PM »

Canned PICKLED beets.
Yummy!

That reminds me I was interrupted while watching.  I want to go back and finish even if it looks disgusting.  It is always a pleasure to watch DR Sandra in action.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #106 on: March 27, 2011, 05:43:17 PM »

Not that time.  She was going to develop some property not far where we lived and build a ritzy vacation home resort for her Hollywood (something like that) friends and people of "class".  When you want permission to build in a new area it is not wise to insult the locals and tell them you are bringing in a better group of people. ;D  Needless to say she didn't get permission to build.

I'm not defending her since I know none of the details, I have no idea how many years ago this "insult" occurred, and clearly something she was involved in didn't happen in some geographic area of PA, but I know none of the details and yours are vague. I admire her drive, her politics, her charitable work for Gods Love We Deliver, and her outrageous sense of comedy.

Now I will watch the first episodes of MILDRED PIERCE, which I am looking forward to immensely. When this miniseries finishes, I'll watch Miss Crawford's version again.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #107 on: March 27, 2011, 05:49:51 PM »

And now, for your culinary enjoyment, I present our very own DR Sandra, starring in a short film.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnFa6zO13CQ

DR Laura I'm surprised you weren't laughing harder. ;D   :D

Jennifer

« Reply #108 on: March 27, 2011, 05:51:13 PM »

The Joan Rivers documentary is really amazing: I cried, I laughed, and I appreciated its honesty. She's one brave lady for allowing such close scrutiny. Bravo!

I really want to see this. I watch her on Fashion Police every week and think she is a hoot.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: March 27, 2011, 05:52:25 PM »

I watched a motion picture on Blu and Ray, then finally heard the two bonus tracks for Pirates, the film versions of the main and end title, which I was none too pleased with sound-wise.  Additionally, I'd forgotten that the DVD's end titles fade out after about 1:10 - which I found odd when I watched it, for a movie of the 80s.  Well, luckily, the French blu-ray had arrived a few days ago - it's region B - I put it in and I was right - the real end titles run close to five minutes and are superb and the sound on the blu-ray is amazing DTS-Master Audio.  But I know no one who has a multi-region blu-ray player, so how to transfer it.  My mastering guy doesn't have one.  In talking to him, he told me to go look at the player - we ascertained that it had in and out RCA jacks and that I could plug it directly into my CD burner - I doubted it, but figured it out and by gum and by golly and buy bonds it worked.  And now we have the full end credits in glorious sound so instead of making that a bonus track, we'll actually use it in the album sequence - then the film version of the main title will be the one and only bonus track.  Very happy now.

Jennifer

« Reply #110 on: March 27, 2011, 05:52:47 PM »

Just watched TAR (it was on here at 7pm) and now am getting ready for CELEB APPRENTICE.

Jane

« Reply #111 on: March 27, 2011, 05:58:16 PM »

I'm not defending her since I know none of the details, I have no idea how many years ago this "insult" occurred, and clearly something she was involved in didn't happen in some geographic area of PA, but I know none of the details and yours are vague. I admire her drive, her politics, her charitable work for Gods Love We Deliver, and her outrageous sense of comedy.

I lived it.  She and her lawyer were extremely insulting to the natives, so much so we all wondered WHY she would want to live near us.  That along with her cruel fat jokes to Elizabeth Taylor turned me off of her.  I appreciate reading your complimentary comments & knowing another side of her.

Danise

« Reply #112 on: March 27, 2011, 06:05:09 PM »

Just watched TAR (it was on here at 7pm) and now am getting ready for CELEB APPRENTICE.
Me too! 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #113 on: March 27, 2011, 06:05:20 PM »

Night all!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: March 27, 2011, 06:38:43 PM »

I lived it.  She and her lawyer were extremely insulting to the natives, so much so we all wondered WHY she would want to live near us.  That along with her cruel fat jokes to Elizabeth Taylor turned me off of her.  I appreciate reading your complimentary comments & knowing another side of her.

Liz supposedly credited Joan Rivers' barbs as being responsible for her eventual weight loss.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #115 on: March 27, 2011, 06:42:26 PM »

I thought it was the other way around, Joan did it to make her lose weight.  I remember Liz asking her to stop. ;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: March 27, 2011, 06:42:44 PM »

Liz Taylor (who hated being called Liz) and Joan Rivers shared a mutual best friend in Roddy McDowell.  They attended dinner parties at the same time at Roddy's home, and no blood was spilled.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #117 on: March 27, 2011, 06:47:56 PM »

I didn't know Roddy was friends with Joan.  I don't blame her for hating the name Liz, especially when I think Elizabeth is such a beautiful name.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #118 on: March 27, 2011, 06:57:30 PM »

Finished "Downton Abbey," which means I have to go back to reading class readings. Ugh.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #119 on: March 27, 2011, 07:01:48 PM »

'night
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up