Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE BIG SLEEP  (Read 11508 times)

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
Re: THE BIG SLEEP
« Reply #120 on: April 09, 2011, 06:19:06 PM »

Yes, I did just call them hooligans.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #121 on: April 09, 2011, 06:19:32 PM »

I find it odd that BK would scold me for being E&T and then not at least say "hello" to me upon my return.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #122 on: April 09, 2011, 06:26:11 PM »

Laura, I can't remember (as my "tax bucket" brain fade should amply demonstrate)--are you in Arizona?  Betsy wants to go to the Grand Canyon this summer.  Where is the best place to stay?  Flagstaff?  Is that even close, LOL?  I haven't been to the Grand Canyon since I was about 10.  :)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #123 on: April 09, 2011, 06:38:50 PM »

We had a nightmare hotel stay in Milwaukee at a hotel with an indoor pool.  The staff refused to tell a bunch of hooligans who were partying literally all day (and well into the night) down there to keep the noise down.  We were not happy campers.

They wouldn't move you or comp the room?  The boys must have been disappointed they couldn't swim.

Jane

« Reply #124 on: April 09, 2011, 06:39:10 PM »

I find it odd that BK would scold me for being E&T and then not at least say "hello" to me upon my return.

;D

Jane

« Reply #125 on: April 09, 2011, 06:39:33 PM »

Laura, I can't remember (as my "tax bucket" brain fade should amply demonstrate)--are you in Arizona?  Betsy wants to go to the Grand Canyon this summer.  Where is the best place to stay?  Flagstaff?  Is that even close, LOL?  I haven't been to the Grand Canyon since I was about 10.  :)

Be sure to go to Sedona.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #126 on: April 09, 2011, 06:42:01 PM »

I just saw that ROPE OF SAND is available on Netflix's streaming video. Think I'll watch it. Netflix gave me lots of film noir recommendations, too. I do enjoy good film noir.
Love film noir. Don't know "Rope of Sand."
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #127 on: April 09, 2011, 06:49:18 PM »

Reading HHW on my NEW SONY VAIO desktop computer......that will SOON replace my previous SONY VAIO COMPUTER.

Many nice new features.  Although it will take some getting used to....and I still have to migrate a few things and reinstall a few items.  I do have my mail set up, now I just have to get my address book imported and stuff like that there.

And of course find my book of PASSWORDS so that I can access all of the important sites I visit everyday.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2011, 06:49:39 PM »

Thanks for the Jerusalem report, DR JOSE.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #129 on: April 09, 2011, 06:50:18 PM »

Auditions are Sunday at 3 p.m. and again on Monday at 7 p.m. - so I probably won't hear anything at least Tuesday morning.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #130 on: April 09, 2011, 06:50:44 PM »

Cha cha kick?

DR JMK you are confused....the conga has the KICK.

Jane

« Reply #131 on: April 09, 2011, 06:59:00 PM »

DR JMK have you ever taken the boys to Mesa Verde?

If you go be sure to stay on top of the mesa INSIDE THE PARK at the Far View Lodge

JMK

« Reply #132 on: April 09, 2011, 07:09:44 PM »

Jane, it wasn't an issue of the kids not being able to swim--it was an issue of literally round the clock LOUD noise which the hotel absolutely refused to do anything about.  We found out later a bunch of people had complained about it and I went down and read them the riot act when we got ready to check out and I do believe we got a rather sizable discount and an apology.

I grew up in Utah, as you may recall, so I have very fond memories of several wonderful vacations in Mesa Verde, and I think I even still have some of my souvenirs from going there with my Dad when I was little.  I still remember climbing those rope ladders.

Jane

« Reply #133 on: April 09, 2011, 07:16:09 PM »

Jane, it wasn't an issue of the kids not being able to swim--it was an issue of literally round the clock LOUD noise which the hotel absolutely refused to do anything about.  We found out later a bunch of people had complained about it and I went down and read them the riot act when we got ready to check out and I do believe we got a rather sizable discount and an apology.

I grew up in Utah, as you may recall, so I have very fond memories of several wonderful vacations in Mesa Verde, and I think I even still have some of my souvenirs from going there with my Dad when I was little.  I still remember climbing those rope ladders.

But have you taken the boys there?

I got that the issue was the noise I just thought swimming would be difficult with hooligans in the pool. :)

Cillaliz

« Reply #134 on: April 09, 2011, 07:27:19 PM »

Sorry I'm not around tonight.  I'm posting between storm warnings.   Tornadoes to the east of us huge hail to the west and lots of lightning and thunder.  I herded cats and spent about an hour in the basement.  New warning coming, not sure if the sirens will go again.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #135 on: April 09, 2011, 07:30:03 PM »

Sorry I'm not around tonight.  I'm posting between storm warnings.   Tornadoes to the east of us huge hail to the west and lots of lightning and thunder.  I herded cats and spent about an hour in the basement.  New warning coming, not sure if the sirens will go again.
Fair weather vibes. And stay safe.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: April 09, 2011, 07:32:01 PM »

We're still under a severe thunderstorm warning and the thunder is getting worse, so I should probably go unplug the router.

JMK

« Reply #137 on: April 09, 2011, 07:41:04 PM »

But have you taken the boys there?

I got that the issue was the noise I just thought swimming would be difficult with hooligans in the pool. :)

Nope, haven't taken the boys to Mesa Verde, but have talked about it a lot.  :)

IIRC, during the hotel fiasco we actaully took the boys swimming at an outdoor neighborhood pool.

JMK

« Reply #138 on: April 09, 2011, 07:58:58 PM »

Just my luck--I come back and everyone else leaves.  ;)

Jennifer

« Reply #139 on: April 09, 2011, 08:05:14 PM »

Jane, I do feel bad about your problems with the hotel, especially since it sounds like the problems were completely avoidable. You have a very legitimate gripe. I've had problems with Hilton's in the past--very poor customer service. I hope you get some sort of compensation.

I'm guessing you try to avoid Hilton Hotels now.  The dog convention making it nicer to be around the action.  They had a nice outside area where we ate dinner and chatted with other people and their dogs.  When it was chilly out we ate in the bar area just inside the patio.

RE: DR Jane's probs at the hotel.  Things happen. But when you check and re-check and they tell you things are fine and then you go to check out and they give you a warm ice pack ... well they should be happy that DR Jane was there instead of me. Because i would have demanded that they get me a cold ice pack immediately.

Ginny

« Reply #140 on: April 09, 2011, 08:13:12 PM »

Posting on my Kindle because my MacBook seems to be very sick.  I`m not happy and probably will not be online until I get home tomorrow evening.  Vibes to all!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #141 on: April 09, 2011, 08:17:15 PM »

DR JMK, Montezuma Castle and Tuzigoot are also places we enjoyed visiting in AZ when our son was young.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: April 09, 2011, 08:19:21 PM »

JMK - after your more than a month-long absence, I figured you wouldn't mind if I took a day to acknowledge your return :)  What is the saying - what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

Cillaliz

« Reply #143 on: April 09, 2011, 08:19:22 PM »

Oh man,  I herded the cats the first time the sirens went off.  Got them down the basement.  Boo got up stairs and I chased her all over the house. I was frantic and ticked off and that scared her so she ran even more.  I finally got her downstairs, played with her and had food and water so she calmed down.....

They finally gave the all clear and I made my last post....then out of the blue...TORNADO WARNING , TAKE COVER.....  Oh man!  They reported the best chance of a tornado was a local State Park....I would be right in the path, so in a mad rush I grabbed all three cats and headed back down the basement.  I told myself earlier if there was a tornado warning I'd put them in their carriers, but there was no tornado spotted, just the possibility, so I didn't traumatize them any further.  They were upset with me and pretty confused, but they were all in one of two rooms and I could have gotten them into their carriers fairly quickly.    I also had the doors shut upstairs into the hall and kitchen (there is no door to the basement) so they wouldn't have gotten far. 

Anyway, no tornado here, but there have been tornados all night across the state so I took the warnings very seriously.  We are all back upstairs, looks like the storm has passed us here but there is a train of them headed across the state
« Last Edit: April 09, 2011, 08:23:17 PM by Cillaliz »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: April 09, 2011, 08:19:37 PM »

Conversely, what's good for the gander is good for the goose.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: April 09, 2011, 08:20:54 PM »

Allergy problems again.  I've been feeling off the whole day - I didn't go to the Wechter event because of it, and I've just sort of been taking it easy.  Got the master for Black Sunday, which sounds faboo.  A little shocking and off-putting that only three people around these parts are interested, but that's the way the Bava crumbles.

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: April 09, 2011, 08:26:13 PM »

At least one town was hit very hard tonight. Don't know the extent of the damage,but they aren't letting anyone into town due to the damage, so the news reporters haven't gotten there yet.

JMK

« Reply #147 on: April 09, 2011, 08:27:26 PM »

JMK - after your more than a month-long absence, I figured you wouldn't mind if I took a day to acknowledge your return :)  What is the saying - what's good for the goose is good for the gander.

How long was Jose gone again?   ;D

I'm just joking.   We emailed, and I emailed with several others here, it's not like I was really "gone."  Not like others who will not be named.  Jose.   ;D

Cillaliz

« Reply #148 on: April 09, 2011, 08:27:37 PM »

My mother turns 84 on Monday, so tomorrow I'm getting up very early and going to see her.  As luck would have it, my nephew, his wife and little Gabe are in town this weekend, so I'll be getting up very early to make the two hour drive in time to see them for coffee while mom and dad are in church

JMK

« Reply #149 on: April 09, 2011, 08:28:28 PM »

I am actually on break for a performance I am hosting--another Rave in the Nave, which BK his very own self did.  So the fact that I am posting while hosting should prove this is the site I love mosting.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up