News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: MAY I  (Read 14466 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
MAY I
« on: May 01, 2011, 12:20:40 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were very May-like, and now it is time for you to post until the lusty month of May cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: MAY I
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2011, 12:21:49 AM »

And the word of the day is: EFFLORESCE!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2011, 12:24:19 AM »

For the many errant and truant, I'm just posting again that the new book is up for pre-order at http://kritzerland.com/masquers.htm.  Signed copies, of course.  For those who'd prefer the less expensive paperback version, it's available now at amazon and barnesandnoble.com (a really good price there, as is the hardcover version, I have to say) - they'll ship immediately from there.  I'll have books in two weeks.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2011, 01:43:57 AM »

I've certainly been one of the errant and truant.  I will have more than two whole days to ketchup on after today's matinee and strike.  I'm glad I checked in, because I have just purchased the new Adriana Hofstetter book! 
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 01:48:49 AM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2011, 01:54:35 AM »

Cannibal! The Musical! has been going quite well, especially this last weekend.  Last night (Saturday night), we not only had a full house, but I'd heard that they added five additional chairs!  AND with Friday's show, we broke even so that Saturday and Sunday's shows are all profit!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2011, 01:55:40 AM »

Today, we have our last performance, then we strike the set and it'll all be done. :)

George

« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2011, 01:57:40 AM »

And on that note (C-natural), I'm off to bed.

I really can't wait to have time for myself to read what's been happening during the last few days on HHW. :D

George

« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2011, 01:58:15 AM »

But before I go...A Very Happy Birthday to DR The Vixter!! ;D

Ben

« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2011, 04:22:12 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

FJL

« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2011, 04:38:33 AM »

It's morning here in midtown, too.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2011, 04:44:38 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2011, 04:44:53 AM »

Great news, George, on the success of the show.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ben

« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2011, 05:04:52 AM »

I won't be around on May 10th. I'm going to DC that weekend to see Follies and I'm taking a couple of extra days beyond that so I won't be here to see BK or the show.

Michael

« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2011, 05:18:28 AM »

I love may being so lusty

http://youtu.be/v7rjgfY9_mU
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2011, 05:53:36 AM »

Good morning, all! I watched five episodes of DOWNTON ABBEY last night and I didn't get to bed till after 1 am. Last night's peculiar dream took place in Oxford, OH, on the Miami Uiversity campus, but I recall little of the events. I do remember that the health center, a friend with a cold, the Miami University King Library, and Mary Rodgers Guettel were all in it.

Today, I am home working on Appalachian holidays and hardships. I may step out to the market but I'm going nowhere else. I've go some writing to accomplish. I will have a bit of work before we begin rehearsals on May 23.

BK, May 10 has been added to my calendar but I can make no promises yet about being there.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 05:55:13 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2011, 06:19:37 AM »

Oh my, I forgot today was May. Ricky played "bite mom's toes while she's sleeping" at 6:40 this morning.  I looked at the clock and thought it said 8:40 so i got up.  It wasn't until I was in the kitchen and noticed that the clock said 7:15 that I realized that happened.

Cillaliz

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2011, 06:19:54 AM »

I really want to go for a bike ride, but it's only 38 degrees, so I think I'll wait

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2011, 06:56:05 AM »

It is a gloriously sunny day here in the Pacific NW--finally!  For the second time since we've lived here, a friggin' crazy woodpecker has gone after the metal chimney that exits the wood surround, waking Betsy and me to the lovely sound of what appears to be us being mortared and shelled by incoming shrapnel.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2011, 08:18:35 AM »

My gorgeous goddaughter Charlotte is now a graduate of University of Michigan. Ron flew up Friday from DC to catch one day's worth of the festivities.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2011, 08:24:14 AM »

My gorgeous goddaughter Charlotte is now a graduate of University of Michigan. Ron flew up Friday from DC to catch one day's worth of the festivities.

CONGRATULATIONS to Charlotte and To You Larry

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2011, 08:30:27 AM »

And the word of the day is: EFFLORESCE!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  HURRY! IT'S LOVELY UP HERE

KevinH

« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2011, 08:37:49 AM »

Greetings from New York!   I had planned on coming here this weekend but wasn't really sure until  Friday.  For one thing, I didn't have a hotel until Friday night.  I had no luck with priceline.com and settled on The Milford Plaza.  I like the location since it's right in the theater district and is near the Port Authority, where I get the bus to JFK.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2011, 08:42:12 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And, yes... It's May!
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2011, 08:44:59 AM »

New York visit vibes for DR KEVIN H.

Congrats to the goddaughter of DR ELMORE!

Congrats to DR GEORGE on the success of his show....closing day vibes as well.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2011, 08:45:55 AM »

It is raining here again today - and we have our May Bored....I mean....Board Meeting this afternoon.

And of course TAR is on tonight....although with my favorite team gone.....I shall have to find someone else to root for.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2011, 08:46:08 AM »

DR KevinH - Welcome back to NYC!

-Can you tell if they did any actual work on the Milford Plaza? I know they had closed it down with the intention of doing a major(!) renovation, but then those plans fell through and they quietly re-opened.
Make Your Own Luck.

KevinH

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2011, 08:46:35 AM »

I can't believe my luck in getting a cheap ($30) ticket to How to Succeed... yesterday.   I had checked out the various lotteries and "rush" policies before I got here.  I got to the Al Hirschfeld Theatre at about 1 pm and asked the ticket seller if he had any rush seats by any chance.  He said he had one left so I grabbed it. It was a box seat, so the ticket was stamped "partial view," but it was really a great seat for the most part.  The woman in front of me blocked my view a little but for most of the show I could see very well.  

I was very impressed with Daniel Radcliffe (and particularly Tammy Blanchard, who plays Hedy LaRue).  The whole cast was great.   And I don't recall ever hearing such deafening applause at the end of  a show (well, the audience was very vocal throughout).  

While not the greatest singer, Daniel really pulls it off.  And I thought his dancing was terrific.

I'm going to meet my friends from California here in October so most likely I'll see the show again then.  

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2011, 08:47:39 AM »

Oh... I guess Brent Barrett is back in Chicago.... ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

KevinH

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2011, 08:47:58 AM »

DR KevinH - Welcome back to NYC!

-Can you tell if they did any actual work on the Milford Plaza? I know they had closed it down with the intention of doing a major(!) renovation, but then those plans fell through and they quietly re-opened.

Hi DR Jose!  I had read that they're still doing renovations, but I haven't really seen a sign of it.  I have a very basic room, but it's clean!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2011, 08:49:31 AM »

I Forget...Does One Evaporate When They Reach Eighteen?????
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up