News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: MAY I  (Read 14493 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: MAY I
« Reply #150 on: May 01, 2011, 06:21:37 PM »

Does anyone (Again I guess, Ginny, plus John G.) have any ideas for cleaning the grout between bathroom tiles.  With my back problems and the arthritis  in my hands, I have no power to scrub any longer.  I need something strong.
Ovaltine?  ;D

Horlicks?
Make Your Own Luck.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #151 on: May 01, 2011, 06:25:38 PM »

I see that actor William Campbell has died.

He was a very nice guy.  In his later years, he was the chief fundraiser for the Motion Picture Home.
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #152 on: May 01, 2011, 06:29:52 PM »

I watched THE GREEN HORNET (2011) this afternoon.

This is the kind of movie that makes me angry.

It had a very funny concept (i.e. spoofing the classic superhero) that worked at first, then it just ran out of steam and disintegrated into a stupid CGI action movie.

:-\
You can dream…or you can do.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #153 on: May 01, 2011, 06:41:10 PM »

did this work?
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #154 on: May 01, 2011, 06:41:22 PM »

finally!

vixmom

« Reply #155 on: May 01, 2011, 06:43:51 PM »

every time I tried to post I would get "you have already submitted this post" and then it would throw me out

how unseemly!

vixmom

« Reply #156 on: May 01, 2011, 06:44:44 PM »

It has been a very busy weekend

vixmom

« Reply #157 on: May 01, 2011, 06:46:14 PM »

On Friday I drove the Vixter to the DMV where she registered to vote and passed her drivers' permit test

vixmom

« Reply #158 on: May 01, 2011, 06:47:57 PM »

Then we went out to the Outback for a lovely birthday dinner with Vixdad, vixnana & vixpapa, vixuncle and his wife

we didn't get home until half past eleven and so all went off to bed

vixmom

« Reply #159 on: May 01, 2011, 06:49:29 PM »

Saturday day was spent shopping for the foodstuffs for the Vixters' friends birthday party 

vixmom

« Reply #160 on: May 01, 2011, 06:52:08 PM »

We arrived at the church at 4 to set up (we rented the church hall) and discovered that the previous group was still there and hadn't even begun cleaning up yet - in fact they were just finishing eating their meal   so our preparations were very rushed as the guests arrived at 6   somehow we managed to be ready though

vixmom

« Reply #161 on: May 01, 2011, 06:54:43 PM »

the party ended at 11 but by time all the guests left and  we had cleaned up and set the the hall up for this morning's event it was after midnight

vixmom

« Reply #162 on: May 01, 2011, 06:56:56 PM »

This morning we had to be at church by 8:30 to teach Sunday school and attend church. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #163 on: May 01, 2011, 06:59:10 PM »

Does anyone (Again I guess, Ginny, plus John G.) have any ideas for cleaning the grout between bathroom tiles.  With my back problems and the arthritis  in my hands, I have no power to scrub any longer.  I need something strong.

http://www.zap-restorer.com/?leadsource=PS136&s_kwcid=TC|6221|zap%20cleaner||S|e|5723576539&gclid=CJu3qsf_x6gCFQkSbAodymJZpA

Keep the windows open.  In the shower for the small area I need it (we put in a fake marble, not exceptionally beautiful but extremely easy to clean) I use a small scrub brush.  I don't need to scrub too hard with it.

We need to clean the grout between the tile on the floor.  I read Borax is good but I expect scrubbing will be required.  I'm curious what responses you get to this question.

I'd start of by wiping, scrubbing off what you can. Then...

If you have an extra spray bottle, just fill it with a diluted bleach solution. Give the grout a few spritzes after you shower - or a couple of minutes before you shower. Do that daily. The bleach solution should eventually whiten things up.

Actually, Jose, that was my brainstorm this afternoon.  But I wanted it to work instantly.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

vixmom

« Reply #164 on: May 01, 2011, 06:59:29 PM »

The elderly lady that we drive home every week insisted on taking us to lunch to celebrate the Vixter's birthday  so we did not get home until 2:30 - then the Vixter, Vixdad and I went out in the Vixdadmobile for the Vixter's first ever driving lesson

vixmom

« Reply #165 on: May 01, 2011, 07:01:39 PM »

Then we came home and she went directly to church Youth Group where they played a soccer game, ping pong and musical chairs

when she got  home she was exhausted and went immediately to bed - she promises to pop in tomorrow

vixmom

« Reply #166 on: May 01, 2011, 07:03:31 PM »

http://www.zap-restorer.com/?leadsource=PS136&s_kwcid=TC|6221|zap%20cleaner||S|e|5723576539&gclid=CJu3qsf_x6gCFQkSbAodymJZpA

Keep the windows open.  In the shower for the small area I need it (we put in a fake marble, not exceptionally beautiful but extremely easy to clean) I use a small scrub brush.  I don't need to scrub too hard with it.

We need to clean the grout between the tile on the floor.  I read Borax is good but I expect scrubbing will be required.  I'm curious what responses you get to this question.

If you have an extra spray bottle, just fill it with a diluted bleach solution. Give the grout a few spritzes after you shower - or a couple of minutes before you shower. Do that daily. The bleach solution should eventually whiten things up.

Actually, Jose, that was my brainstorm this afternoon.  But I wanted it to work instantly.

you need to be in one of those 30 minute television commercial presentations for it to work instantly!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #167 on: May 01, 2011, 07:08:53 PM »

I've been reading Oxygen bleach is nontoxic & better to use.  The longer you let it sit on the grout the less scrubbing that is needed.

Jane

« Reply #168 on: May 01, 2011, 07:09:30 PM »

You know I would have to give away, or not accept, the hazelnut bar.  The chocolate is pretty traditional then? 

The chocolate it pretty traditional. They're just made in Greece.

They have a Greek newsstand set up in the front of their restaurant. Magazines, newspapers, candies, chocolate bars, and packaged croissants(?!?). Even though the products are real, they are just there for display. None of it for sale - at least legally. So... From time to time, Pavlos and Abby give away some of the items. :)

Interesting.

Jane

« Reply #169 on: May 01, 2011, 07:09:52 PM »

Then I continued walking east through the northern edge of Little Italy into Chinatown. I stopped into Prosperity Dumpling for some Pork & Chive Dumplings - 5 for a $1! - as well as a Sesame Pancake - also just a $1! Then I noticed a small Chinese bakery I hadn't seen before: an Almond Cookie and a Lao Bo Ping ("Wife Cake") - both for a whopping 60-cents!

I love almond cookies.  I've never had one I purchased at a Chinese bakery.  Was it exceptional?  I had to look up Wife Cake.  What was the filling in yours?

DR Jane - The interesting thing about a lot of the Almond Cookies at the Chinese bakeries here in NYC - and elsewhere - is that they are topped with Walnuts - ??? They're basically like large shortbread cookies with ground almonds mixed into the dough... And then topped with walnuts. ;)

The Wife Cake was filled with winter melon and sesame seeds.

I'm not sure I would like the "almond" cookies.  Do the restaurants serve traditional ones?   I am curious to taste a small piece of Wife Cake if the opportunity arises. 

I think you would like the Wife Cake, DR Jane. It's basically a pastry filled with a not-so-sweet filling. Think of it as a smoother and lighter version of prune or apricot filling.

Sounds good. :)

Jane

« Reply #170 on: May 01, 2011, 07:10:51 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well...

My friend, Yosh, came home earlier and wanted to make a trip to The London Candy Co. -Once I told him that they served Ovaltine, well... So we had Ovaltine and split an apple pastry. And that's basically all I've done over the past two hours. I am going to attempt to head out again and do a bit more... Or something. ::)

I never thought I'd hear someone say they were going out for Ovaltine! I can understand it, but never expected to hear that.

;D  I do not like Ovaltine. 

Was anyone ever able to get Ovaltine to dissolve in the milk?

I never liked the taste but I don't recall it was lumpy.  My mother drank it & I often mixed it for her.  I tried it again years later when Bryan came home asking for it & said it was better for me than chocolate. 

DR Jane - Are you also not a fan of malted milk?

I like malted milk balls, not a malted drink.  Sometimes a vanilla malted shake is ok.

Jane

« Reply #171 on: May 01, 2011, 07:14:05 PM »

On Friday I drove the Vixter to the DMV where she registered to vote and passed her drivers' permit test

DR Vixter,

Jane

« Reply #172 on: May 01, 2011, 07:15:28 PM »

'night

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #173 on: May 01, 2011, 07:18:24 PM »

The elderly lady that we drive home every week insisted on taking us to lunch to celebrate the Vixter's birthday  so we did not get home until 2:30 - then the Vixter, Vixdad and I went out in the Vixdadmobile for the Vixter's first ever driving lesson

Did you leave out the part about the paramedics having to cut you out of the Vixdadmobile?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #174 on: May 01, 2011, 07:23:10 PM »

[

I've been reading Oxygen bleach is nontoxic & better to use.  The longer you let it sit on the grout the less scrubbing that is needed.

I have never heard of Oxygen Bleach is that a Canadian product?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #175 on: May 01, 2011, 07:24:18 PM »

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #176 on: May 01, 2011, 07:25:51 PM »

Back to LA on the 12th.

bk - Any plans for the 11th? Are you going to try to catch a matinee and/or evening show?

Well, I have to see Baby, It's You, don't I? :)  The day of the 11th I think there will be some work, too.  I'm hoping that there will be time for some kind of get-together because I dearly miss our New Yorkers.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #177 on: May 01, 2011, 07:37:03 PM »

House Hunters has a real estate agent named Donna Reed who is showing her clients stone homes.  Those of a certain age will appreciate the irony.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

vixmom

« Reply #178 on: May 01, 2011, 07:38:42 PM »

Did you leave out the part about the paramedics having to cut you out of the Vixdadmobile?

She drove pretty well --- of course she was only driving in a beach parking lot  and she declined the opportunity to drive us home

vixmom

« Reply #179 on: May 01, 2011, 07:39:24 PM »

House Hunters has a real estate agent named Donna Reed who is showing her clients stone homes.  Those of a certain age will appreciate the irony.

LOL!!

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up