Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: MAY I  (Read 14518 times)

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
Re: MAY I
« Reply #90 on: May 01, 2011, 02:02:20 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well...

My friend, Yosh, came home earlier and wanted to make a trip to The London Candy Co. -Once I told him that they served Ovaltine, well... So we had Ovaltine and split an apple pastry. And that's basically all I've done over the past two hours. I am going to attempt to head out again and do a bit more... Or something. ::)

I never thought I'd hear someone say they were going out for Ovaltine! I can understand it, but never expected to hear that.

Jeanne

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: May 01, 2011, 02:03:20 PM »

Congrats to DGD Charlotte!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #92 on: May 01, 2011, 02:04:53 PM »

KevinH, sounds like fun in New York.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #93 on: May 01, 2011, 02:05:09 PM »

Congrats to Charlotte.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #94 on: May 01, 2011, 02:08:15 PM »

Went to see "Memphis" at the movie theater. There were maybe 20 in the audience. I thought the two leads were wonderful and most of the cast did the best they could with lower second rate material.

So many different items borrowed from better shows. In the danceoff, I swore I heard parts of West Side Story's Mambo. And when someone takes his pants off on live TV, I could hear Lorrell in "Dreamgirls" say, "It don't take a wiz to know that only a desperate man would drop his pants in show biz."

Still, I would rather pay $20 for the film than $120 for a live performance to learn that.
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #95 on: May 01, 2011, 02:08:19 PM »

Here is the proof of our very own plaque that will be dedicated on Saturday, May 14, at 10 a.m. on the lawn of the Masonic Lodge!   ;D

I am among the group on the bottom right at the 2007 groundbreaking for our Rehearsal Center.  ;D

Congratulations!!!

Jane

« Reply #96 on: May 01, 2011, 02:12:19 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  We are back from Lima and I've decided to call the doctor's office tomorrow morning for an appointment about this throat thing/cough that I can't shake.  It reminds me of the allergy-induced asthma that I had once in NYC after spending time in a Washington, DC, bookstore with their cats.

Good idea.  You reminded me it is time to get a check up.  I was due for one at the time of my accident & still haven't gotten around to it. 

Jane

« Reply #97 on: May 01, 2011, 02:13:30 PM »

t since I realized I put a part of the bike on backwards

;D

Jane

« Reply #98 on: May 01, 2011, 02:16:12 PM »

I also watched my niece ride her bike this morning. They took her training wheels off last week. And today she was able to ride around the block herself. She was so proud!

Exciting. :)

Jane

« Reply #99 on: May 01, 2011, 02:17:25 PM »

I'm taking a small glass of wine outside to sit with Keith & Craig (Craig is pulling weeds) on this perfect spring day.

John G.

« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2011, 02:23:00 PM »

Sounds wonderful, Jane. I'll grab a glass and be right over.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2011, 02:42:11 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well...

My friend, Yosh, came home earlier and wanted to make a trip to The London Candy Co. -Once I told him that they served Ovaltine, well... So we had Ovaltine and split an apple pastry. And that's basically all I've done over the past two hours. I am going to attempt to head out again and do a bit more... Or something. ::)

I never thought I'd hear someone say they were going out for Ovaltine! I can understand it, but never expected to hear that.

;D  I do not like Ovaltine. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2011, 02:44:25 PM »

Well, I did not get to see this production of CANNIBAL THE MUSICAL.  I missed the previous version due to snow back in 2008.  This time it was my back.  It has been getting worse and worse all last week, so that I was missing a lot of hours of work.  By Friday afternoon, I knew that my weekend was going to be very limited..  I cancelled going to the opening night of my (and Jason Graae's) close and personal friend, Sharry in ALWAYS, PATSY CLINE.  She is not playing the title character, but the other character in the two-character musical

Saturday I had lunch with an old friend that I hadn't seen in 32 years.  Other than that it has been a Valley of the Dolls weekend.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #103 on: May 01, 2011, 02:51:17 PM »

Back to LA on the 12th.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: May 01, 2011, 02:52:04 PM »

Back from delivering CDs, some breakfast, and I've just finished writing the liner notes for our next release.  I'll go do a jog in a little while and then I'm sitting on my couch like so much fish!

KevinH

« Reply #105 on: May 01, 2011, 03:21:46 PM »

I'm back from The Divine Sister.  It was really hilarious.   Charles Busch and Julie Halston were so much fun to watch.   Any of our New Yorkers know Jennifer van Dyck?  She was great !  I didn't get some of the references, but I figured some were from Doubt and Agnes of God (especially since one of the characters is named Agnes--I thought that was a great clue...).

Charles Busch gave a little speech after the show saying what a great run it's been (9 months) and talked about a few audience members from other nights, such as the woman in the front row, upon seeing Julie Halston come back for another scene, said "not her again."

KevinH

« Reply #106 on: May 01, 2011, 03:24:09 PM »

Sorry the timing couldn't have been better and I could have been here for the haineshisway get-together!   Bruce,  please try and come on a weekend next time!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: May 01, 2011, 04:15:12 PM »

From DR Jrand:
Yes DR JANE - I am a Titanic fanatic.

Then I apologize for not including you in my comments to Cilla & TCB.  I was pretty sure I was missing another Titanic fan but alas my brain couldn't tell me who it was.

No problem DR JANE.  I talk about so many interests and projects here on HHW that I can barely keep up with myself.

The only "film" I have ever been disappointed in is the Playhouse 90 live television version of "Titanic", but given it's limitations, it is still quite interesting.

Hmmm, I have never seen that one.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: May 01, 2011, 04:41:11 PM »

I've been writing my fingers to the bone.

I have discovered that two different versions of "I Wish I Was Single Again,"one for men and one for women, can be put into counterpoint, and I've copied out and harmonized "People, Look East" and "How Far Is It To Bethlehem." I think it is time for some lunch!

"I Wish I Was Single Again" is an Appalachian Christmas Carol?  It must be from the King James Version.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #109 on: May 01, 2011, 04:59:21 PM »

Went to see "Memphis" at the movie theater. There were maybe 20 in the audience. I thought the two leads were wonderful and most of the cast did the best they could with lower second rate material.

So many different items borrowed from better shows. In the danceoff, I swore I heard parts of West Side Story's Mambo. And when someone takes his pants off on live TV, I could hear Lorrell in "Dreamgirls" say, "It don't take a wiz to know that only a desperate man would drop his pants in show biz."

Still, I would rather pay $20 for the film than $120 for a live performance to learn that.

Back to my bifocials.  I thought you wrote, "In the dandruff.........."
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: May 01, 2011, 05:01:38 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well...

Was anyone ever able to get Ovaltine to dissolve in the milk?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #111 on: May 01, 2011, 05:03:59 PM »

Okay, let's get busy here!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: May 01, 2011, 05:05:14 PM »

Is anyone else (Ahh, Ginny) hAving trouble posting today? I hit post and it just sits there.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

« Reply #113 on: May 01, 2011, 05:11:27 PM »

I've been writing my fingers to the bone.

I have discovered that two different versions of "I Wish I Was Single Again,"one for men and one for women, can be put into counterpoint, and I've copied out and harmonized "People, Look East" and "How Far Is It To Bethlehem." I think it is time for some lunch!

"I Wish I Was Single Again" is an Appalachian Christmas Carol?  It must be from the King James Version.
It's one of those "I Wish I Was Single Again instead of married to my mother" carols.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #114 on: May 01, 2011, 05:12:09 PM »

I'm from Kentucky. I can make all in the family appalachian jokes.
― Voltaire

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: May 01, 2011, 05:12:22 PM »

Does anyone (Again I guess, Ginny, plus John G.) have any ideas for cleaning the grout between bathroom tiles.  With my back problems and the arthritis  in my hands, I have no power to scrub any longer.  I need something strong.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 05:14:15 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: May 01, 2011, 05:13:28 PM »

I'm from Kentucky. I can make all in the family appalachian jokes.

Good Lord, John G., I thought you were serious.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #117 on: May 01, 2011, 05:17:28 PM »

DR TCB, sorry I'm not contributing more to the conversation this evening.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #118 on: May 01, 2011, 05:19:38 PM »

Good Afternoon!

Well...

Was anyone ever able to get Ovaltine to dissolve in the milk?

I never liked the taste but I don't recall it was lumpy.  My mother drank it & I often mixed it for her.  I tried it again years later when Bryan came home asking for it & said it was better for me than chocolate. 

Jane

« Reply #119 on: May 01, 2011, 05:20:07 PM »

Is anyone else (Ahh, Ginny) hAving trouble posting today? I hit post and it just sits there.

Yes.  A second click on post usually works. 
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up