Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: I HEART NEW YORK AND I'M ON MY WAY HOME  (Read 9993 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: I HEART NEW YORK AND I'M ON MY WAY HOME
« Reply #120 on: May 12, 2011, 07:07:27 PM »

PAGE FIVE TIME-FOR-ME-TO-GO-HOME DANCE!!

;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: May 12, 2011, 07:36:02 PM »

Yay! BK is safely home, and I am off to bed.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Cillaliz

« Reply #122 on: May 12, 2011, 07:44:13 PM »

Greetings from Memphis!!  I'm having a great time and the travel vibes worked wonders.  My flight landed early and since there seemed to be a shortage of cabs, they put me in a cab with two men going to the Peabody.  when we arrived there they said they'd split the cost to that point and i could just pay to my hotel.  LOL, so they each paid 18 and I would have only had to pay 5.   I gave the cabbie an extra 5.  It was still 20 less than what I would have paid had I taken the cab myself.

Michael

« Reply #123 on: May 12, 2011, 07:46:06 PM »

Is this new information that Ashton Kutcher is replacing Charlie Sheen on TWO AND A HALF MEN?  Or  had this been rumored for a while?

I heard it was supposed to be Hugh Grant
Never stop dreaming.

Cillaliz

« Reply #124 on: May 12, 2011, 07:48:12 PM »

I had no idea when I signed up for this conference that it's become quite an event.  The same person has organized it for 7 years and as he said tonight..."Any one can have a CLE....we want you to learn AND party"  So when we checked in we each got a goodie bag, water candy, potato chips, nuts, sunflower seeds...you name it.  All sorts of goodies for the room.   They have hospitatility suites in two different hotels where you can go have free wine, goodies just hang out etc. 

They have shuttles for every event, to get to the conference etc.  And everyone is SO friendly

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: May 12, 2011, 07:50:31 PM »

This afternoon, I jumped on the shuttle and headed to the cooking contest.  I did the public favorite tasting.  I wasn't really impressed with the 5 I got to taste, but it was still fun.  I quickly realized that the key to the whole thing is you have to be associated with a team. If you aren't you can't taste anything, you can't really join them and hang out. You can just sort of walk around and look at things.   I did find out tomorrow night we are associated with a team and our group will have a place to hang out. So it will be much more fun.

Cillaliz

« Reply #126 on: May 12, 2011, 07:52:08 PM »

I came back and since my key says I can get into the concierge lounge, i tried it.  It got me to the floor and the door was open so I went in.  Tonight, it worked to get me to the floor but not in the door.  Someone came along and when I showed them my key, let me in, lol.  So I grabbed some cookies, pop and an orange and came back to the room.   I'm going to try it for breakfast in the morning and see what happens

Cillaliz

« Reply #127 on: May 12, 2011, 07:53:40 PM »

Tonight there is music for our group. Michael Gross I think. he was the in Sha Na Na and the youngest person at Woodstock.  I just wasn't in the mood for more entertainment and came back to the room

Cillaliz

« Reply #128 on: May 12, 2011, 07:58:05 PM »

The river is definitely flooded, but downtown is totally dry.  I'm only a couple blocks away and the street closest to the river is only closed in a very small area.  I hear the worst is in West Memphis. If you didn't look to the west, you wouldn't know it was flooded.  I'm not minimizing the fact that there is real damage, but the media has made it sound like Memphis is totally underwater.  It isn't.

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: May 12, 2011, 08:22:14 PM »

I'll post some photos tomorrow.  I had a great view of the flooding from the upper floor of the hotel

Cillaliz

« Reply #130 on: May 12, 2011, 08:27:22 PM »

Oh dinner tonight at the Rendevous was ok.   It's a really cool place.  I'm just beginning to wonder if I really like barbeque. 

Tomorrow our lunch for the conference will be catered by an Indian restaurant and a different barbeque restaurant.  Saturday lunch will be catered by a japanese restaurant and another barbeque restaurant.  It's all included and just part of the deal.   I like this place

Laura

« Reply #131 on: May 12, 2011, 08:27:57 PM »

You have lots more fun at your meetings than I do at mine, Cillaliz. Mine are usually at "The Home."

Cillaliz

« Reply #132 on: May 12, 2011, 08:37:13 PM »

DR Laura, I've never seen a meeting and events so well planned.  It's really amazing.  There were 100 people at dinner tonight and between 200-300 for the conference.  There are judges, government lawyers, private lawyers, non profit group lawyers,  all together.  Cool. I've heard the sessions are more workshop than lecture.  I'm looking forward to finding that out..  What really blows me away is how friendly everyone is.  I'm glad I"m here and will likely come back next year.   They are already asking us to book our hotel room for next year, lol

Cillaliz

« Reply #133 on: May 12, 2011, 08:38:03 PM »

Ok, I'm really tired and looking forward to a night without any cats biting my toes.   

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #134 on: May 12, 2011, 09:05:32 PM »

Greetings from Memphis!!  I'm having a great time and the travel vibes worked wonders.  My flight landed early and since there seemed to be a shortage of cabs, they put me in a cab with two men going to the Peabody.  when we arrived there they said they'd split the cost to that point and i could just pay to my hotel.  LOL, so they each paid 18 and I would have only had to pay 5.   I gave the cabbie an extra 5.  It was still 20 less than what I would have paid had I taken the cab myself.

:)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #135 on: May 12, 2011, 09:08:08 PM »

wow cilla, i knew i was going to enjoy your posts on this trip. :)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #136 on: May 12, 2011, 09:34:03 PM »

I've printed out all the Mulholland Falls orders, I've eaten, I've unpacked, and I even managed to watch a completely magical and quite brilliant motion picture on Blu and Ray - even more amazing given that it was a film from 2010.  In fact, it is now my favorite film of 2010.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #137 on: May 12, 2011, 09:46:58 PM »

Today is Sam's Birthday!  Happy Birthday to DR Sam!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Laura

« Reply #138 on: May 12, 2011, 09:51:59 PM »

Happy Birthday, Sam! I hope that new boy of yours did something special for you!

Laura

« Reply #139 on: May 12, 2011, 09:53:20 PM »

I heard professional fireworks going off over at the university a little bit ago to celebrate graduation. Then on the online newspaper a minute ago, I saw that the fireworks started a brushfire.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #140 on: May 12, 2011, 10:01:20 PM »

Good Evening!

I'm sleepy, so...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #141 on: May 12, 2011, 10:02:49 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Which hotel is the host hotel for your conference?  -And be sure to ride the trolley at least once. -I'm also trying to think which Indian and Japanese restaurants will be catering your lunches.

*If you're in the mood for a huge breakfast, hit the Blue Plate Cafe.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #142 on: May 12, 2011, 10:04:29 PM »

DR Cillaliz - Oh, and yes, Gus's Fried Chicken!

-And as for liking or not liking BBQ, well... I actually prefer pulled pork and sliced (beef) brisket over ribs. Maybe you'll find that you prefer the same. And if you get a chance to try some "burnt ends", do so.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #143 on: May 12, 2011, 10:11:29 PM »

Thanks, Ron Pulliam. I was going to point out the same.

Don't blame me, fellas!  I just cut and paste.

Blame Canada!

Or blame Jose!

You rang?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #144 on: May 12, 2011, 10:12:43 PM »

I just came back from visiting Ruby. I am sure I made her mad by interfering.

DR Laura - Was your "visiting" construed as "interfering"? Or did you do some "interfering" during your visit?
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #145 on: May 12, 2011, 10:13:16 PM »

Did I miss Sam's birthday???  Well, a happy haineshisway.com birthday cheer to dear reader Sam!!!  I guess that's what happens when one is tired and in a different time zone.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #146 on: May 12, 2011, 10:13:55 PM »

I forgot to mention that they were selling drinks, popcorn, and candy in the aisles at Baby, It's You.  When did Broadway become a sporting event?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #147 on: May 12, 2011, 10:14:45 PM »

I'll put Sam in tomorrow's notes, belatedly.

Laura

« Reply #148 on: May 12, 2011, 10:15:33 PM »

I just came back from visiting Ruby. I am sure I made her mad by interfering.

DR Laura - Was your "visiting" construed as "interfering"? Or did you do some "interfering" during your visit?

I didn't start out interfering. But when I discovered that she had canceled her one-meal-a-day order and hadn't had anything to eat since Tuesday...

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #149 on: May 12, 2011, 10:24:20 PM »

I forgot to mention that they were selling drinks, popcorn, and candy in the aisles at Baby, It's You.  When did Broadway become a sporting event?
"Rock of Ages"?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up