Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Down

Author Topic: NAUSEOUS NOTES  (Read 20175 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: NAUSEOUS NOTES
« Reply #180 on: June 03, 2011, 08:41:44 PM »

~~~~~EASE OF PAIN VIBES TO DR TCB~~~~~
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #181 on: June 03, 2011, 08:45:36 PM »

I took the battery out and put it out on the patio, where it is warm (95 degrees) and dry. I'll put it in rice overnight, I guess. I wonder if it will be safe to turn it back on in the morning?

DR Laura - You can try to turn the phone on now. If it's dead, it's dead - and it won't do anything, won't shock you. If it doesn't turn on - or if it turns on "weak", put in back in the rice. In the morning, try to turn it on again. If it doesn't turn on, connect it to the charging cord, then try again.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #182 on: June 03, 2011, 09:08:18 PM »

And...

Today is mom's birthday. -Happy Birthday, Mom!

I believe we - my brothers and their kids and myself - will be heading down to Richmond tomorrow or on Sunday for a proper birthday dinner.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #183 on: June 03, 2011, 09:12:14 PM »

Just been on the couch resting - and watched some hideous motion picture I'd TIVOd - TV movie called Lucy about Lucy and Desi.  Rachel York and some of the worst casting choices I've ever seen in one film.  You know you're in trouble when they tell you that Eddie Cantor is directing and starring in Roman Scandals.  How hard is it to use the handy-dandy imdb or go to the library to see that the director was Frank Tuttle?  How HARD?  And Rachel York, whatever one thinks of her, is not a patch on the butt cheeks of Miss Ball.

I saw this when it was first broadcast and was ....  well pretty much horrified by the whole thing... Rachel York being one of the things that horrified me....it also seems to me that at least once in "1956" - they drove away from Desilu in a 1958 Lincoln.

DR JRand - Are you familiar with An Evening With Lucille Ball: "Thank You For Asking" which stars Suzanne LaRusch and is directed by Lucie Arnaz? It's part of this summer's line-up at the Cape Playhouse.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #184 on: June 03, 2011, 09:20:35 PM »

In totally random news...

A friend of mine tipped me off to this website which offers some pretty nice retro-ish prescription eyeglasses for just $95/pair*: Warby Parker. They even offer a Free Home Try-On program where you can order five different frames to try on at home for five days before you buy.

*And that includes the frames and the lenses. For higher indexes, there's an additional $30 charge.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #185 on: June 03, 2011, 09:37:20 PM »

And other sort of random news...

Another friend of mine unearthed these videos that accompanied Cleo Laine's Sondheim album:

Everybody Says Don't

Losing My Mind

-I had no idea these existed. Alas, they're quite, well... literal. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #186 on: June 03, 2011, 09:38:26 PM »

DR Jose, is this your official move to DC for the duration or are you returning to NYC next week?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #187 on: June 03, 2011, 09:41:30 PM »

And just to properly close this thread(?), here's Dorothy Collins on "The David Frost Show" singing "Losing My Mind".
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #188 on: June 03, 2011, 09:42:16 PM »

DR Jose, is this your official move to DC for the duration or are you returning to NYC next week?

DR elmore - I'll be back next Monday night. I will head down for the duration the following Monday, June 13.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #189 on: June 03, 2011, 09:49:15 PM »

And...

I'm sleepy.

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #190 on: June 03, 2011, 09:53:15 PM »

Just been on the couch resting - and watched some hideous motion picture I'd TIVOd - TV movie called Lucy about Lucy and Desi.  Rachel York and some of the worst casting choices I've ever seen in one film.  You know you're in trouble when they tell you that Eddie Cantor is directing and starring in Roman Scandals.  How hard is it to use the handy-dandy imdb or go to the library to see that the director was Frank Tuttle?  How HARD?  And Rachel York, whatever one thinks of her, is not a patch on the butt cheeks of Miss Ball.

I saw this when it was first broadcast and was ....  well pretty much horrified by the whole thing... Rachel York being one of the things that horrified me....it also seems to me that at least once in "1956" - they drove away from Desilu in a 1958 Lincoln.

DR JRand - Are you familiar with An Evening With Lucille Ball: "Thank You For Asking" which stars Suzanne LaRusch and is directed by Lucie Arnaz? It's part of this summer's line-up at the Cape Playhouse.

A year or so ago I told of Suzanne finding me on Facebook - we went out to lunch at Mo's.  She was in a show of mine at the Morgan Theater back in 1974 (I talk about it in the book) - I had no idea she was doing the Lucy thing, and she's really good - has the voice, mannerisms, and look down perfectly.  I think there are clips on You Tube.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #191 on: June 03, 2011, 09:54:13 PM »

We worked for about three hours on Barbara's book and it's basically designed (Grant had done all the preliminary stuff before) - it looks very good and now we'll proof and make fixes next week and put the puppy to bed.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #192 on: June 03, 2011, 09:55:29 PM »

We all then went to Hamburger Hamlet - I was VERY nervous about eating anything, but also very weak from not eating for over twenty-four hours.  I was feeling a little bit less queasy, so I took Barbara's advice and had the rotisserie chicken and it was very good and I was so hungry I ate it all up.  So, hopefully I won't regret it.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #193 on: June 03, 2011, 10:48:30 PM »

I am super queasy again - not good.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #194 on: June 03, 2011, 10:53:13 PM »

Welcome twelve GUESTS.  Nobody here but us nauseous chickens.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]   Go Up