Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A KICKSTARTER SUCCESS  (Read 12285 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
Re: A KICKSTARTER SUCCESS
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2011, 08:33:55 AM »

*Does anyone know if they went ahead and cancelled - did not schedule - the performances of Silence: The Musical this past weekend since the WSMA was in London? Or did his understudy go on?
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2011, 08:34:08 AM »

And that has brought us to Page Two!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2011, 08:40:09 AM »

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2011, 08:40:39 AM »

*That was for you DR JRand. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2011, 08:45:21 AM »

In other news...

I had initially planned to head up to NYC tomorrow morning (and then back on Tuesday morning), but I think I'm just going to stay put and enjoy another full day of rest and relaxation here in the DC-area. *I also haven't seen John Michael, Alyssa or Emily since I started back down here, and I really should remedy that situation sooner rather than later.
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #35 on: July 17, 2011, 08:46:20 AM »

I shall take your information under advisement DR ELMORE.

When I was a grad student in 1970, Judy Collins performed at Miami University and I was really excited to see her because I loved her recordings. It was a very fraught performance: she seemed unhappy, not very communicative with the audience, and left the stage with no encores. For a long time I thought her the rudest performer I'd ever been unlucky to see. A friend of mine from school worked for her as a seamstress sometime between 1972 and 1976 and said she was a total bitch to work for. 

Sometime in the mid to late 1990s, Jonathan Tunick. who had scored several numbers for her, refudiated this. I had read about her son Clark's suicide and I started reading things she'd written. She wrote honestly about all of her marital problems, custody fights, and general misery in the late 1960s and 1970s: getting neurotic and paranoid, going through panic attacks and cancelling performances, and, when I finally met her around 2003, I found her a very kind lady, shy and gracious, and I forgave her for that concert. I'll never know what was going through her life in May 1970, so I guess I'm grateful for the time she gave that audience, and I wish her well.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 08:49:13 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #36 on: July 17, 2011, 08:47:28 AM »

DR MBarnum - If the farmers and the cowmen in Oklahoma! aren't enough to make your consider a trip to DC this summer, maybe this is:

Spirit of Bollywood blossoms in D.C. area
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #37 on: July 17, 2011, 08:49:06 AM »

When I was a grad student in 1970, Judy Collins performed at Miami University and I was so excited to see her because I loved her recordings. It was a very fraught performance: she seemed unhappy, not very communicative with the audience, and left the stage with no encores. For a long time I thought her the ridest performer I'd ever been unlucky to see. A friend of mine from school worked for her sometime between 1971 and 1976 and said she was a total bitch tp work for. 

Sometime in the mid to late 1990s, Jonathan Tunick. who had scored several numbers for her, refudiated this. I had read about her son Clark's suicide and I started reading things she'd written. She wrote honestly about all of her marital problems, custody fights, and general misery in the late 1960s and 1970s: getting neurotic and paranoid, going through panic attacks and cancelling performances, and, when I finally met her around 2003, I found her a very kind lady, shy, gracious, and I forgave her for that concert. I'll never know what was going through her life in May 1970, so I guess I'm grateful for the time she gave that audience and I wish her well.

Hmmm... I wonder what kind of personal strife Vicki Clark has been going through then?

::)
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: July 17, 2011, 08:50:00 AM »

When I was a grad student in 1970, Judy Collins performed at Miami University and I was so excited to see her because I loved her recordings. It was a very fraught performance: she seemed unhappy, not very communicative with the audience, and left the stage with no encores. For a long time I thought her the ridest performer I'd ever been unlucky to see. A friend of mine from school worked for her sometime between 1971 and 1976 and said she was a total bitch tp work for. 

Sometime in the mid to late 1990s, Jonathan Tunick. who had scored several numbers for her, refudiated this. I had read about her son Clark's suicide and I started reading things she'd written. She wrote honestly about all of her marital problems, custody fights, and general misery in the late 1960s and 1970s: getting neurotic and paranoid, going through panic attacks and cancelling performances, and, when I finally met her around 2003, I found her a very kind lady, shy, gracious, and I forgave her for that concert. I'll never know what was going through her life in May 1970, so I guess I'm grateful for the time she gave that audience and I wish her well.

Hmmm... I wonder what kind of personal strife Vicki Clark has been going through then?

::)

I cannot reveal the things I know from Goodspeed, 1989.  I'm keeping them for the memoirs.

And Miss Clark and Miss Collins are nowhere in the same class.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 08:52:44 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #39 on: July 17, 2011, 09:05:56 AM »

OH, DR elmore! It appears you edited your response! And I missed your initial posting! ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #40 on: July 17, 2011, 09:06:47 AM »

And now...

Time to finish up our first full week of performances of Oklahoma!

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #41 on: July 17, 2011, 09:07:26 AM »

*That was for you DR JRand. ;)

I know....I know.....   :P :P :P :P :P :P :P :P ;D :P :P :P :P :P :P
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: July 17, 2011, 09:23:58 AM »

OH, DR elmore! It appears you edited your response! And I missed your initial posting! ::)

:-*

I'm sneaky!

Ginny

« Reply #43 on: July 17, 2011, 09:42:15 AM »

DS Rob arrived home about an hour ago with the great news that he's passed the practical phase of the national paramedic registry test.  Now he just has to pass the written part and find a job!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #44 on: July 17, 2011, 09:48:20 AM »

*Does anyone know if they went ahead and cancelled - did not schedule - the performances of Silence: The Musical this past weekend since the WSMA was in London? Or did his understudy go on?

They aren't talking ;)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #45 on: July 17, 2011, 09:57:15 AM »

I was wondering that myself.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #46 on: July 17, 2011, 10:03:12 AM »

Good morning.  I"m pooped out!  It really was a great time last night and was worth all the work, but my back hurts and my feet hurt and I'm sleepy.  I'm really glad that we did the clean up last night.  I have things to put away, but if I don't do it right now, it really doesn't matter.   Paul is going to come over today and get some of the left over beer.  There's quite a bit here and I never drink it sitting here myself.  I got an email about the owner of the bowl I had no idea about and the "friend" who was very well behaved has offered to come over and deliver the dishes left here to their respective owners.  One less thing to worry about

Cillaliz

« Reply #47 on: July 17, 2011, 10:06:37 AM »

This was one of the hit recipes of the party. The person who brought it just shared it with all of us so I thought I'd pass it on

CURRIED CHICKEN PATE

1 ˝ Cups chopped cooked chicken
1 Stick butter, cut into bits
˝ Medium Delicious Apple, peeled
1 Shallot, coarsely chopped
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
˝ tsp salt
˝ tsp curry powder
Freshly ground pepper
In a food processor, combine chicken, butter, apple, shallot, lemon juice, salt, curry powder, and pepper.  Puree until smooth.
Pack mixture into a serving crock.  If made in advance, cover and refrigerate up to 2 days. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #48 on: July 17, 2011, 10:08:17 AM »

Has anyone ever used one of those Newave ovens advertised on TV

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #49 on: July 17, 2011, 10:28:57 AM »

I'm up - at least I got a great eight hours - after Monday my plan is get nine hours a day to catch up.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: July 17, 2011, 10:57:43 AM »

They aren't talking ;)

Mum's the word.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #51 on: July 17, 2011, 10:59:20 AM »

I'm up - at least I got a great eight hours - after Monday my plan is get nine hours a day to catch up.

BK, there was an interested response to my inquiry, but a fear that possible FOLLIES rehearsals could be a problem. I gave them your emal address.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #52 on: July 17, 2011, 11:02:15 AM »

Thank you one and all for the vibes and prayers for yesterday's test.  Great strides have been made since the coffin like machine I was in ten years ago.  This time I was like a hamurger patty and they slid me into this giant hamburger bun.  It was pretty close quarters, but I could see out the sides of the bun and even look out a window.  This pill I took did its duty, and I almost fell asleep during the test.

HHW Vibes are magical!
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 11:41:49 AM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

FJL

« Reply #53 on: July 17, 2011, 11:06:33 AM »

Great funding news.  Congrats, BK.

FJL

« Reply #54 on: July 17, 2011, 11:07:17 AM »

Thank you one and all for the vibes and prayers for yesterday's test.  Great strides have been made since the coffin like machine I was in ten years ago.  This time I was like a hamurger patty and they slid me into this giant hamburger bun.  It was pretty close quarters, but I could side out the sides of the bun and even look out a window.  This pill I took did its duty, and I almost fell asleep during the test.

HHW Vibes are magical!

Hooray for TCB and the vibes

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #55 on: July 17, 2011, 11:09:22 AM »

Glenn and I had dinner at a restaurant at Albert Dock.   It took forever to be served and the food was just passable.  Glenn ordered garlic bread.  I don't particularly like garlic and at first turned down his offer to try some.  He told me there was very little garlic, so I tried some-it was very good bread but hardly any garlic at all.

So then it was time for the concert at the Liverpool Philharmonic Hall.  It was conducted byJohn Wilson, who's considered a young genius here (I think he's about 38 yrs old).  Maybe some of the HHWs have head of him?  He also conducts the "Proms" sometimes.

The show was a tribute to Lerner and Loewe and starred Anthony Andrews of Brideshead Revisited fame (and he played the prime minister in The King's Speech); Annalene Beechey, who starred in a touring production of My Fair Lady with Mr Andrews; Kim Criswell and our own Mr. Barrett.

Mr. Barrett!  You must have been shocked!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #56 on: July 17, 2011, 11:11:43 AM »

Thank you one and all for the vibes and prayers for yesterday's test.  Great strides have been made since the coffin like machine I was in ten years ago.  This time I was like a hamurger patty and they slid me into this giant hamburger bun.  It was pretty close quarters, but I could side out the sides of the bun and even look out a window.  This pill I took did its duty, and I almost fell asleep during the test.

HHW Vibes are magical!

Good news, DR TCB! How soon will they know if they will have to shoot you?

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #57 on: July 17, 2011, 11:18:10 AM »

Congrats, BK on being fully funded.

DITTO!!!

Jane

« Reply #58 on: July 17, 2011, 11:20:48 AM »

DS Rob arrived home about an hour ago with the great news that he's passed the practical phase of the national paramedic registry test.  Now he just has to pass the written part and find a job!

Congratulations on passing today & VIBES for the next exam!!!

Jane

« Reply #59 on: July 17, 2011, 11:21:29 AM »

Cilla I very happy your party was a great success. :)
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7   Go Up