Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: A KICKSTARTER SUCCESS  (Read 12286 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: A KICKSTARTER SUCCESS
« Reply #60 on: July 17, 2011, 11:26:49 AM »

Page Three!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: July 17, 2011, 11:35:30 AM »

I knew I'd forgotten something! DR Cillaliz, kudos on a successful party! Will you make the society page?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #62 on: July 17, 2011, 11:35:38 AM »

I cannot reveal the things I know from Goodspeed, 1989.  I'm keeping them for the memoirs.

And Miss Clark and Miss Collins are nowhere in the same class.

Elmore, I know your feelings about Ms. Clark, and I am quite sure that they are valid.  But not knowing a thing about the woman, I was truly moved by her performance in TITANIC (a show you also didn't like).
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #63 on: July 17, 2011, 11:36:10 AM »

I knew I'd forgotten something! DR Cillaliz, kudos on a successful party! Will you make the society page?

Ditto!
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #64 on: July 17, 2011, 11:37:07 AM »

I finished the last epsode of THE DUCHESS OF DUKE STREET in a wash of tears. What an amazing series! I'm now watching a BBC dramatization of the life of music hall star Marie Lloyd.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #65 on: July 17, 2011, 11:38:18 AM »

DS Rob arrived home about an hour ago with the great news that he's passed the practical phase of the national paramedic registry test.  Now he just has to pass the written part and find a job!

Congrats to DS Rob.
“One thing’s universal,

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #66 on: July 17, 2011, 11:39:34 AM »

I just don't get it department:  Herman Cain just stated on Fox News Sunday that communities should have the right to ban mosques, but that isn't discrimination based on religion.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #67 on: July 17, 2011, 11:41:22 AM »

DS Craig is on his way home.  I'm pleased he didn't have any of the bad weather we had.  I don't know why I put on summer clothes this morning when it was only 63 degrees.  I think/hoped it will be warmer when we take Sherlock for a walk.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #68 on: July 17, 2011, 11:43:12 AM »

I cannot reveal the things I know from Goodspeed, 1989.  I'm keeping them for the memoirs.

And Miss Clark and Miss Collins are nowhere in the same class.

Elmore, I know your feelings about Ms. Clark, and I am quite sure that they are valid.  But not knowing a thing about the woman, I was truly moved by her performance in TITANIC (a show you also didn't like).

You're right; I thought that the musical TITANIC was terrible: bad book, bad design, bad direction, and some beautiful musical numbers. As to the actress playing a role I assume was based on Molly Brown, I found her over the top and her character truly obnoxious. I'd have preferred less Hyacinth Bucket and more Meredith Willson.  I kept hoping she'd drown by accident. I also dislike her continual reliance on the see-how-hard-I'm working school of acting. It was really over the top in the last CABARET revival.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #69 on: July 17, 2011, 11:45:42 AM »

I just don't get it department:  Herman Cain just stated on Fox News Sunday that communities should have the right to ban mosques, but that isn't discrimination based on religion.

Perhaps the same communities can lasso the wind at the same time and stop these crises in the midwest like the one our DR Cillaliz and her friend Joe went through!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2011, 11:45:48 AM »

Thank you one and all for the vibes and prayers for yesterday's test.  Great strides have been made since the coffin like machine I was in ten years ago.  This time I was like a hamurger patty and they slid me into this giant hamburger bun.  It was pretty close quarters, but I could side out the sides of the bun and even look out a window.  This pill I took did its duty, and I almost fell asleep during the test.

HHW Vibes are magical!

Good news, DR TCB! How soon will they know if they will have to shoot you?

Unfortunately, no one told me that they needed copies of the previous MRI before they could read the new one.  The tech is going to contact my own doctor and my previous surgeon to see if either of them has them on file.  If they are not available, I don't know where we go from here.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2011, 11:47:22 AM »

No, lol, it won't be in the society page.  I have a wonderful group of friends who I've known for the past 10 years.  I've invited people to go out with me, but haven't had a party since I moved here.  It was really past time to do it.  Now that I've done it and it was so successful. I'll do it again, it will just be a smaller group next time so it isn't quite as much work

Cillaliz

« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2011, 11:48:06 AM »

Ditto!

Thanks!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2011, 11:49:16 AM »

elmore, that was my worry.  But since it's a Monday, who knows?

Cillaliz

« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2011, 11:51:39 AM »

My friend Fiona, who couldn't make it to the party last night, wants me to meet her for the movie Horrible Bosses this afternoon.  I just emailed her and gave her my regrets.  I'm really tired - actually it's my feet, ankles and calves that are killing me.  I have been on my feet for most of the past few days and I"m really not used to it. 

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2011, 11:53:42 AM »

I just finished watching LITTLE BIG MAN w/Dustin Hoffman.

It holds up very well...and I was amazed at how many former publicity clients, as well as late friends, were in it.
You can dream…or you can do.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2011, 11:58:19 AM »

Damn that Democratic National Committee.  They really know how to sucker me into opening their e-mails.  I am sure they knew that I wouldn't pass up an e-mail with the subject line, "Huge!"
“One thing’s universal,

FJL

« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2011, 12:04:15 PM »

No, lol, it won't be in the society page.  I have a wonderful group of friends who I've known for the past 10 years.  I've invited people to go out with me, but haven't had a party since I moved here.  It was really past time to do it.  Now that I've done it and it was so successful. I'll do it again, it will just be a smaller group next time so it isn't quite as much work

"Carol Channeling" channels Carol Channing singing DO IT AGAIN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6sM5Jmrw2Y

But seriously, so glad you had such a great time and that all went so well, Cilla!

Cillaliz

« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2011, 12:09:57 PM »

"Carol Channeling" channels Carol Channing singing DO IT AGAIN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6sM5Jmrw2Y

But seriously, so glad you had such a great time and that all went so well, Cilla!

:)  Thanks

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2011, 12:12:59 PM »

My dear friend who drove me to my appointment is one of the nicest people you could ever hope to know.  If she has a flaw, it is that she tends to blurt out what she thinks, even when she should probably not say anything.

I have been living with this horrible fear of what might be wrong with me, but until I have told that the problem is not my back, I refuse to think about the other possibility.  My friend had not seen me in the last four weeks, so she hadn't seen how badly my condition had become.  With in the first three minutes of seeing me, she said, "Oh my God, it looks to me like you have ____.  I ignored the first comment, but once we got into her car and were driving to the appointment, she said it twice more.

I overreacted.  I told her quite loudly that the thought had crossed my mind, and others had mentioned it too; but until I heard differently from the doctor, I didn't want that word said outloud.  I am very lucky that she didn't just dump me out into the street and leave me there.  I have since apologized.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2011, 12:35:10 PM »

Has anyone braved the crowds to go see HARRY POTTER yet?
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2011, 12:37:10 PM »

TCB, I'm sure she understands.  You're going through a very stressful time and she knows that. I hope you hear soon what the problem is and I hope the news is the best it could possibly be

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2011, 12:37:36 PM »

Is anyone planning to brave the crowds to go see HARRY POTTER?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2011, 12:38:20 PM »

TCB, I'm sure she understands.  You're going through a very stressful time and she knows that. I hope you hear soon what the problem is and I hope the news is the best it could possibly be

Thank, Cilla.  I hope so.
“One thing’s universal,

Cillaliz

« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2011, 12:38:56 PM »

I have never read a Harry Potter book.  I have never seen a Harry Potter movie.  I have nothing against Harry Potter, the genre just isn't my cup of tea

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2011, 12:39:43 PM »

Has anyone ever heard of HARRY POTTER?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: July 17, 2011, 12:41:55 PM »

I have never read a Harry Potter book.  I have never seen a Harry Potter movie.  I have nothing against Harry Potter, the genre just isn't my cup of tea

When my friend, Stan, offered to lend me the first HARRY POTTER book, I thought he was crazy.  But I took it home, and one day when I was out of books to read, I picked it up, and I instantly fell in love with the characters and the story.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #87 on: July 17, 2011, 12:43:31 PM »

I never read any of the WIZARD OF OZ books, but I imagine that reading them for the first time was simialar to the discovery of Harry Potter.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #88 on: July 17, 2011, 12:44:41 PM »

DS Craig is on his way home.  I'm pleased he didn't have any of the bad weather we had.  I don't know why I put on summer clothes this morning when it was only 63 degrees.  I think/hoped it will be warmer when we take Sherlock for a walk.

Is Craig coming back early?  Or have I lost track of time?
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: July 17, 2011, 12:52:02 PM »

Is anyone planning to brave the crowds to go see HARRY POTTER?

Our DR John G mentioned that he is watching the DVD of Part One so he can see Part Two tomorrow (I think) and I need to do the very same thing. I want to see it next week.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up