Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: OCTOBERFEST  (Read 16105 times)

Sam

• " The best things in life are free "
Re: OCTOBERFEST
« Reply #90 on: October 01, 2011, 10:46:53 AM »

Hi Laura

I'm "dim" alot.  Ok with me, i'm also happy alot.
 :)

And easily amused.

:)
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

Sam

« Reply #91 on: October 01, 2011, 10:48:40 AM »

Must get ready to go, see you later, will start to post from the new guy's house.   

EXTRA SPECIAL VIBES TO EVERYONE.

EXTRA SPECIAL HAPPINESS TO EVERYONE.

EXTRA SPECIAL HEALTH TO EVERYONE.

:-*
"Shoot for the moon.  Even if you miss, you'll land among the stars..."  (Unknown)

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #92 on: October 01, 2011, 10:50:28 AM »

elmore, I don't think he really has the ability to see any wrongdoing ever on his part.  That's who he is.  But rather than scowling or being acerbic this weekend, I just decided to be friendly, which I think he appreciates.  He was awful doing what he did here and elsewhere - and that's on him. 

You're a good man BK! Charlie Brown!

“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Sam

« Reply #93 on: October 01, 2011, 10:52:16 AM »

Oh yea, almost forgot,  i had my second accident at the same corner going home from work on Thursday.  Had to have the car towed to the repair shop, could not drive it home.  The other driver took off my front end when he turned in front of me.  I was stopped at the corner, so i'm ok, just the car parts went flying into the street.  Everything is plastic these days and just pulls off.

I think something is trying to tell me it's time to slow down my life.  

So i'm taking this as a positive thing.  8)

Sam

« Reply #94 on: October 01, 2011, 10:53:53 AM »

;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #95 on: October 01, 2011, 10:57:23 AM »

Good morning!

I'm hoping a computer-savvy DR can help me with my laptop (I'm writing this on my netbook).  The cursor (arrow) will not move.  At first it disappeared completely.  I turned the computer off and on a couple of times.  I hit F8 (based on what I read some where).  I don't know what else to do.  Any suggestions?

I don't now what kind of computer you have, but if you have a Toshiba, there is a little button under the spacebar that turns the cursor on and off.  Maybe you hit it by mistake.
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #96 on: October 01, 2011, 10:57:52 AM »

120 miles to work and 120 miles back? Or 120 miles round trip?
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #97 on: October 01, 2011, 10:58:27 AM »

Problem solved! I called Toshiba and was told there's a little button under the spacebar that turns the arrow on and off. I must have hit it by mistake. Foolish me!

Oh!  Glad I could help.  :D
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: October 01, 2011, 11:00:00 AM »

I have been working 12 -18 hour days all week -  I feel like I have run a marathon =  i just finished catching up =  I am so angry about TCB's  doctor's visit I could scream

I just want to drive over there and kick some ass

All right!  That I would love to see.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #99 on: October 01, 2011, 11:05:09 AM »

Friendly, but dim.

There's nothing wrong with being "dim." We are happy people and easily amused, you know.

;D LOL!    ;D
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #100 on: October 01, 2011, 11:07:25 AM »

Oh yea, almost forgot,  i had my second accident at the same corner going home from work on Thursday.  Had to have the car towed to the repair shop, could not drive it home.  The other driver took off my front end when he turned in front of me.  I was stopped at the corner, so i'm ok, just the car parts went flying into the street.  Everything is plastic these days and just pulls off.

I think something is trying to tell me it's time to slow down my life.  

So i'm taking this as a positive thing.  8)

I am glad you weren't hurt, Sam.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #101 on: October 01, 2011, 11:08:22 AM »

I just turned on the heat, so it must be October.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: October 01, 2011, 11:11:33 AM »

I just turned on the heat, so it must be October.

I actually turned on the heat on Thursday evening, when I got home from the doctor.  I am not sure if I was chilled or just suffering shock.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #103 on: October 01, 2011, 11:14:22 AM »

Halfway through 3rd quarter - Michigan 45, Minnesota 0 - time for the second string...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: October 01, 2011, 11:14:29 AM »

Friendly, but dim.

There's nothing wrong with being "dim." We are happy people and easily amused, you know.

Don't sell yourself short.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Laura

« Reply #105 on: October 01, 2011, 11:23:30 AM »

Only 25 more days of summer here, TCB!

Michael

« Reply #106 on: October 01, 2011, 11:56:53 AM »

I was a little tired late this morning  and took a nap and I woke from a very strange dream.

It was a "Little House On the Prairie" type setting. The main character was twentyish bitter Librarian. The dream was populate with people I've never seen before except my dream had a "Very Special Guest Star" Buffy St. Marie. She played a character who comes to town as the (unnamed) state first Native American politician. She meets the Liberian and it turns out that she is White Buffalo Calf Woman.*

White Buffalo Calf Woma takes the Librarian on a spiritual journey and she is able to find peace and love within herself. She wakes up and is alone in the library thinking it might be a dream.The woman in her Politician guise comes to say goodbye  to the Liberian and she has a cathartic moment and cries. (Emmy type crying)

Librarian  alone goes back to her counter and knocks over some books. One book falls to floor and it is a book about White Buffalo Calf Woman with a picture very special guest star Buffy St Marie on the cover. Something startles her and she wakes up in modern times in a library picking up the same book off the floor.

Did she dream it or did she embark on a spiritual journey. (Roll end credits)

* For those that may not know who White Buffalo Calf Woman is; she is a sacred woman of supernatural origin, is treated as a prophet or a messiah and is central to the Lakota religion. (So I guess the dream had to take place in one of the Dakotas or Minnesota
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 07:10:54 PM by Michael S »
Never stop dreaming.

Ginny

« Reply #107 on: October 01, 2011, 12:14:53 PM »

Final:  Michigan 58, Minnesota 0 - The Wolverines' first shut-out since 2007.

And the Little Brown Jug stays in A2!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Laura

« Reply #108 on: October 01, 2011, 12:29:54 PM »

It is getting cloudy.

Jennifer

« Reply #109 on: October 01, 2011, 12:45:28 PM »

DR Jane so sorry to hear about your neighbor. What a crazy story. But so lucky for the other man. I can't believe it was his family who had to find him.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #110 on: October 01, 2011, 12:51:20 PM »

:D
Good morning!

I'm hoping a computer-savvy DR can help me with my laptop (I'm writing this on my netbook).  The cursor (arrow) will not move.  At first it disappeared completely.  I turned the computer off and on a couple of times.  I hit F8 (based on what I read some where).  I don't know what else to do.  Any suggestions?

I don't now what kind of computer you have, but if you have a Toshiba, there is a little button under the spacebar that turns the cursor on and off.  Maybe you hit it by mistake.

Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #111 on: October 01, 2011, 12:53:17 PM »

Good morning!

Thank you, my dear.  I was afraid I was being too subtle.
“One thing’s universal,

vixmom

« Reply #112 on: October 01, 2011, 12:55:26 PM »

It is getting cloudy.

rain rain come and stay
Laura wants some rain today

vixmom

« Reply #113 on: October 01, 2011, 12:56:11 PM »

Good morning!

Thank you, my dear.  I was afraid I was being too subtle.

Not for me I truly laughed out loud

vixmom

« Reply #114 on: October 01, 2011, 12:58:40 PM »

speaking of LOL  my mom just told me that she has been signing all he emails to my 12 year old niece (her granddaughter) LOL

Finally Katie asked her  why she was doing that -my Mom said LOL stands for "lots of love" doesn't it?

KevinH

« Reply #115 on: October 01, 2011, 01:01:39 PM »

speaking of LOL  my mom just told me that she has been signing all he emails to my 12 year old niece (her granddaughter) LOL

Finally Katie asked her  why she was doing that -my Mom said LOL stands for "lots of love" doesn't it?

That truly made me LOL!!

vixmom

« Reply #116 on: October 01, 2011, 01:02:29 PM »

I was a little tired late this morning  and took a nap and I woke from a very strange dream.

It was a "Little House On the Prairie" type setting. The main character was twentyish bitter Liberian. The dream was populate with people I've never seen before except my dream had a "Very Special Guest Star" Buffy St. Marie. She played a character who comes to town as the (unnamed) state first Native American politician. She meets the Liberian and it turns out that she is White Buffalo Calf Woman.*

White Buffalo Calf Woma takes the Liberian on a spiritual journey and she is able to find peace and love within herself. She wakes up and is alone in the library thinking it might be a dream.The woman in her Politician guise comes to say goodbye  to the Liberian and she has a cathartic moment and cries. (Emmy type crying)

Liberian alone goes back to her counter and knocks over some books. One book falls to floor and it is a book about White Buffalo Calf Woman with a picture very special guest star Buffy St Marie on the cover. Something startles her and she wakes up in modern times in a library picking up the same book off the floor.

Did she dream it or did she embark on a spiritual journey. (Roll end credits)

* For those that may not know who White Buffalo Calf Woman is; she is a sacred woman of supernatural origin, is treated as a prophet or a messiah and is central to the Lakota religion. (So I guess the dream had to take place in one of the Dakotas or Minnesota

1. Delete this immediately and write the screen play sounds like a Hallmark very special event  special

and 2
(being a lousy typist as we all know, I need to ask this)

Is the embittered person an emigrant from Liberia or a person who works in a library (Librarian)

KevinH

« Reply #117 on: October 01, 2011, 01:02:55 PM »

Problem solved! I called Toshiba and was told there's a little button under the spacebar that turns the arrow on and off. I must have hit it by mistake. Foolish me!

Oh!  Glad I could help.  :D

Thanks, TCB!!

MBarnum

« Reply #118 on: October 01, 2011, 01:31:35 PM »

TOD: I have been blessed to have interviewed a number of celebrities over the years. Cloris Leachman stands out as the funniest and possibly the filthiest. But I think the three that meant the most to me were Lena Horne, Harold Nicholas of the Nicholas Brothers and Bobby Short.

I did not know you had done such things, DR John! Where these food involved interviews?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #119 on: October 01, 2011, 01:36:05 PM »

After seeing Kasey's show at NYMF yesterday, I'm casing out the other shows. I see Sam Brown, the director of KISSLESS, is from Sioux City,DR Cillaliz! The only one I really want to see is PRIDE & PREJUDICE although THE KID WHO WOULD BE POPE sounds like a good time:
http://www.nymf.org/
« Last Edit: October 01, 2011, 01:43:53 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up