Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: CELEBRATING THE 100TH KRITZERLAND CD RELEASE  (Read 14239 times)

TCB

• Because I can!
Re: CELEBRATING THE 100TH KRITZERLAND CD RELEASE
« Reply #120 on: October 05, 2011, 02:39:45 PM »

Page Five
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #121 on: October 05, 2011, 02:41:04 PM »

Been E&T due to my own illness for a change.  Had a bad head cold that started Saturday morning and just got worse and worse.  I stayed home from the office and from visiting my mom at the rehab center the past two days and spent the time mostly laying on the sofa and watching Martha Stewart making paper mache bats.  Finally felt well enough this morning to force myself out of the house and into the office (though I still feel a little "iffy".)

Glad you are feeling a little better, Dan (T-M)
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #122 on: October 05, 2011, 02:44:05 PM »

Thanks, DR FJL!

If you people keep this up, I'll have to put on my red fringed gown and feathered tiara and walk down the center of the grand stairs...

Flats or heels?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2011, 02:45:15 PM »

Cilla, I saw your friend at the Amanda Knox press conference.  Unfortunately they kept introducing Ted Simon as Theodore Simon, and all I could think of was Alvin's two brothers.

;D

Jane

« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2011, 02:46:25 PM »

I'm taking my car in for servicing tomorrow. I hope the mechanics don't find a million things wrong with it as they did last year when I ended up paying the equivalent of about $1,500.

GOOD LUCK!  I'm taking mine back tomorrow morning for the diagnostic test.  While I'm there I'll check out Best Buy (a big chain here) for washers & dryers.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2011, 02:48:54 PM »

I feel like crap today. Went to bed at 7pm last night and slept till almost 6 am this morning. I am hoping it is just the allergies attacking me rather then a cold, since my vacation is only 2 days away.

Health vibes to MBarnum!
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2011, 02:49:40 PM »

Jane, I chose my dryer because I liked the door handle. I  know that sounds silly, but there were a lot of dryers that had very hard-to-open doors. I knew I would have to live with it for many many years, so I wanted one with an easy-to-open door.

So be sure you like the feel of the washer and dryer. You have to live with them for a long long time.

Thank you.  The fancy machine dryer also has an easy to open door, problem is it opens sideways.  While I sit here typing I'm also looking at my machines.  I really spend too much time looking at them but can't help that.  My current, Whirlpool Calypso, machines are far better looking than most.  Apparently so many people hated them they have been discontinued.  I don't know why the newer models can't look nicer.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2011, 02:53:19 PM »

Great news about your mom going home, Dan!
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #128 on: October 05, 2011, 03:04:36 PM »

I spent the morning at The Monarch Scientist's house. The Monarch Party is in her yard this year. She was inundated with caterpillars. When she finds caterpillars, she puts them in a mesh hamper to keep them safe. Today she released 14 butterflies. Inside, another 12 emerged. They will be freed tomorrow.

that would be fun, DR Laura!! I still consider watching caterpillars become butterflies to be one of my fondest childhood experiences.

MBarnum

« Reply #129 on: October 05, 2011, 03:05:56 PM »

Welcome back to NYC DR ELMORE....that was a quick trip!

And now to watch some MBARNUM films!

Oh, goody! I hope you will enjoy them...I particulary liked TOKYO AFTER DARK and YOUNG CAPTIVES. THE BIG NIGHT was pretty fun, also. I had no idea that singer Randy Sparks had done any acting!

MBarnum

« Reply #130 on: October 05, 2011, 03:08:27 PM »

My Hollywood dance card is filling up.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #131 on: October 05, 2011, 03:10:48 PM »

Congratulations to

Kritzerland!

“One thing’s universal,

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #132 on: October 05, 2011, 03:28:58 PM »

I'm taking my car in for servicing tomorrow. I hope the mechanics don't find a million things wrong with it as they did last year when I ended up paying the equivalent of about $1,500.

GOOD LUCK!  I'm taking mine back tomorrow morning for the diagnostic test.  While I'm there I'll check out Best Buy (a big chain here) for washers & dryers.

Jane, I got my washer (top loader) and dryer at Best Buy five years ago...they were fairly inexpensive:  not high-end, on sale and an additional discount if I signed up for their credit card.  They're still going strong and are good enough for me. :D

But I do realize that you have different considerations and needs than I have.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 03:30:45 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: October 05, 2011, 03:33:36 PM »

Congratulations to

Kritzerland!

That is so tasteful, I will simply add:
Ditto!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #134 on: October 05, 2011, 03:45:15 PM »

Well...that is what "would" happen when your dancing partners move at the pace of a snail.

(Apologies to Elmo if I stepped on toes).
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Cillaliz

« Reply #135 on: October 05, 2011, 03:45:49 PM »

Seems like the voting on DANCING WITH THE STARS is vřting off whoever's the least famous.

I was so mad last night. They were my favorite team!

It's not just about who is least famous, because JR Martinez is not famous (which is why he probably won't win). But how well-known you are does play a big part of things.

I think re: who went home last night part of it is because she is not that well known. I think part is because people thought she was safe. I also think part of it is that they've gone at the beginning of the show all of the weeks ( I think it's better to go towards the end of the show).  Also, some people really dislike her partner (i think he is a great choreographer).

I don't think it helped that Cher tweeted asking people to vote for Chaz (and saying she would come to the show next week if he was still on).

I don't like that the judges votes count for so little. :(

DR Jennifer....tell us how you really feel :)

I guess I don't really mind.  Ok, so she was a good dancer, but she wasn't one of my favorites.  I would have gotten rid of Chaz, but I'm not surprised that he's still on.  It's not a true dancing contest it's an entertainment show.  They always have some who are not the best dancers but who have a following and keep it interesting.  I don't mind it

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: October 05, 2011, 03:49:05 PM »

Cilla, I saw your friend at the Amanda Knox press conference.  Unfortunately they kept introducing Ted Simon as Theodore Simon, and all I could think of was Alvin's two brothers.

LOL, I know. That's why I always call him Ted.

Cillaliz

« Reply #137 on: October 05, 2011, 03:52:15 PM »

Congrats to Kritzerland!!!!!

Laura

« Reply #138 on: October 05, 2011, 03:53:47 PM »

They are saying we will have more rain tonight.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Laura

« Reply #139 on: October 05, 2011, 03:55:57 PM »

According to Accuweather, last night we had .06 inches of rain where I live. The first measurable rain since August 3, when we had .17 inches.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

George

« Reply #140 on: October 05, 2011, 04:14:53 PM »

Well, I just purchased two tickets (for me and my friend, Margo) through Fandango to see tonight's showing of The Phantom of the Opera, here in Olympia!  I don't know if it actually was shown here on Sunday, but it it definitely is being shown tonight! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: October 05, 2011, 04:16:17 PM »

BK

I have not as of this afternoon received the Blu Ray of TFNM. Are you sending it with the CD?

Anyone who ordered CD and Blu-ray together get them together - unless you're saying you were a Kickstarter person, in which case it was sent and I can track it.  Drop me an e-mail.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #142 on: October 05, 2011, 04:28:40 PM »

Well...that is what "would" happen when your dancing partners move at the pace of a snail.

(Apologies to Elmo if I stepped on toes).

No reason at all to apologize! How fast does a dance card fill when they're all dancing with walkers?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

« Reply #143 on: October 05, 2011, 04:29:13 PM »

Jane, I got my washer (top loader) and dryer at Best Buy five years ago...they were fairly inexpensive:  not high-end, on sale and an additional discount if I signed up for their credit card.  They're still going strong and are good enough for me. :D

What did you get?  Yes, I do a lot of very heavy loads & hand washables.  I also want an attractive machine, which I think isn't going to happen.  I really don't think I'm going to get the over sized machine which is nice looking and even comes in a cool looking grafite.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #144 on: October 05, 2011, 04:42:42 PM »

Steve Jobs has just died
“One thing’s universal,

George

« Reply #145 on: October 05, 2011, 04:44:06 PM »

What did you get?  Yes, I do a lot of very heavy loads & hand washables.  I also want an attractive machine, which I think isn't going to happen.  I really don't think I'm going to get the over sized machine which is nice looking and even comes in a cool looking grafite.

Jane, I got this WASHING MACHINE and this DRYER.  They're both fairly basic models without fancy looks or options.

Click HERE for a large picture of the washing machine and HERE for a large picture of the dryer.

Jane

« Reply #146 on: October 05, 2011, 05:10:56 PM »

Jane, I got this WASHING MACHINE and this DRYER.  They're both fairly basic models without fancy looks or options.

Click HERE for a large picture of the washing machine and HERE for a large picture of the dryer.

Thanks.  It is interesting as I haven't explored that brand before.  May they last you many more years without needing repairs!!!!!!

Ginny

« Reply #147 on: October 05, 2011, 05:12:20 PM »

Steve Jobs has just died

What a loss - and way too soon  :'(
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #148 on: October 05, 2011, 05:17:07 PM »

Steve Jobs has just died

What a loss - and way too soon  :'(

I just came in to make the same comment.

Jane

« Reply #149 on: October 05, 2011, 05:24:18 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up