Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SUMMER KNOWS THAT IT'S NOT SUMMER, SO KNOCK OFF THE DAMN HEAT WAVE, WILL YA?  (Read 18689 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were hot, and now it is time for you to post until the summer cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?

And the word of the day is: HENDIADYS!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.

Well, today is the start of a weekend of visiting the cousin!  I don't know if I'll be able to ketchup on HHW, but I certainly do hope so.  If not, Have a Great Weekend, All!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ben

Morning all.

That is all.

Doug R

It's not just L.A. having a heat wave. London has been unseasonably hot over past weeks. October should be misty, breezy, cold and wet. It's very disconcerting.

Doug R

My ISP provider has told me that, based on my present broadband usage, I am a "relatively heavy user" and that I'm likely to go over my 2GB monthly allowance which is intended for light users and that if I go over 2GB I will automatically be upgraded to an unlimted allowance and charged accordingly.  I don't know what that's all about. I've been with the same ISP provider for many years, and have been consistent in my usage but all of a sudden I'm exceeding my allowance?  Maybe I've just been getting away with it for years.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

Vibes for Vixmom's dad.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

Thanks, MBarnum.
― Voltaire

John G.

TOD:

CD: All-American, Encores' Boys from Syracuse, some Jerome Kern

MP3: 42nd Street, The Rocky Horror Show

Doubt I will have time for a DVD this weekend.
― Voltaire

John G.

My ISP provider has told me that, based on my present broadband usage, I am a "relatively heavy user" and that I'm likely to go over my 2GB monthly allowance which is intended for light users and that if I go over 2GB I will automatically be upgraded to an unlimted allowance and charged accordingly.  I don't know what that's all about. I've been with the same ISP provider for many years, and have been consistent in my usage but all of a sudden I'm exceeding my allowance?  Maybe I've just been getting away with it for years.
I think that's when my doctor told me to lose weight or else. Or was that beltwidth? It's too early.
― Voltaire

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall

Doctor visit vibes for the father of DR VIXMOM.

Audition vibes for finding the right people to DR ELMORE and Audition Playing Vibes for DR JOSE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.

The person eliminated on Pwoject Wunway should have gone home many challenges ago.....I think the last TWO should have been sent packing....but only three of the last four will "show" at fashion week -

It has been pretty clear which contestant the judges/producers have favored since the beginning......I hope I am wrong.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.

Sounds like Out of the Box is coming right along......

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.

Guy Haines Sings Lost Horizon.......

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.

Today is a work day.

oh well.

Michael

Good morning to all

Health vibes to Vixmon's father
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

Good morning, all! I had a doozyof a dream involving Rebecca Luker, Judy Kaye, Gary Miller who directed the Men's Chorus, my late friend Roderick Cook (who introduced me to the original Irma la Douce Elizabeth Seal), and a lot of other folk, and now I remember very little of it. What I do remember is the huge and noisy downpour that occurred sometime between midnight and 3:30am.

This morning I have more auditions. Jarrod Emick has taken another job and left the Appalachian piece. So, we're still looking for two men to replace him and Ben Hope and a young lady to play the young wife. Our DR Jose is playing the auditions, which suddenly appeared yesterday. Following that, I ned to stop by the Encores! office before heading back uptown. Then, it's either laundry or writing a harp part.

TOD: 
  DVD:  Oh, lordy! those three Netflix items are still sitting here
  CD: Appalachian/folk/country/bluegrass, Gi;bert & Sullivan, Offenbach, Guy Haines, Jacques Brel
  VCR: Light entertainment shorts
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

I would like to hear Guy sing, "I Might Frighten Her Away"
Never stop dreaming.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Michael

TOD

Hoping that First Nudie Musical and Lost Horizon will arrive today or tomorrow so I can watch.
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.

Supernatural is on tonight!  I hope it stops being the Sam Show.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)

DR Doug R, do you have a wireless router that's unprotected?  Maybe someone living near by has been leaching onto your wi-fi and downloading/uploading mass amounts of data.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)

And the word of the day is: HENDIADYS!

I know a dark secluded place.
A place where no one knows your face.
A glass of wine, a fast embrace.
It's called--
Hendiadys Hideaway!
Ole!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)

MEdia Check:

CDs:  I've been on a FOLLIES kick, listening to each of the recordings during dinner the past week.

DVR:  SITTING PRETTY with Clifton Webb as Mr Belvadere--I've never seen this!

DVD:  Bette Midler's THE SHOWGIRL MUST GO ON, Carrie Fisher's WISHFUL DRINKING and Pee Wee Herman's Broadway show.
-- Anaïs Nin

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com

TOD:

So much stuff to watch.  Not sure how much I'll get to this weekend:

THE GOOD WIFE, Season 2
LAW & ORDER: SVU, Season 12
FATHER OF INVENTION
YOUNG WINSTON
THE PRIVATE FILES OF J. EDGAR HOOVER
RUGGLES OF RED GAP
THE CREATURE WASN'T NICE

You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com

It looks like I'm going to be teaching a 2-day weekend seminar in January at the Austin School of Film on The Art of Storytelling.

I'd better re-read my book on the subject so that I'll know what I'm talking about.

::)
You can dream…or you can do.

Doug R

DR Doug R, do you have a wireless router that's unprotected?  Maybe someone living near by has been leaching onto your wi-fi and downloading/uploading mass amounts of data.

A good question DR Dan but no - my router is security protected.

FJL

That sounds great, Druxy!

FJL

Doug R - Will they provide you with a count of your usage if you ask them?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7   Go Up