Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SUMMER KNOWS THAT IT'S NOT SUMMER, SO KNOCK OFF THE DAMN HEAT WAVE, WILL YA?  (Read 18851 times)

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities

And the word of the day is: HENDIADYS!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  NIGHT AND DAY

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!

Why is it that something as simple as Lipton Onion Soup Dip can be so damn tasty?

I use onion soup mix plus a can of diced tomatoes with the juice to make a tasty soup broth. Then add veggies and meat (unless I'm making it for DR Sandra).

Yum.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

td

• td

In honor of our discussions about LOST HORIZON, part two:  Am I the only DR who has this:

http://castalbums.org/recordings/Songs-from-Lost-Horizon-and-Themes-from-Other-Movies-1972-Ed-Ames/23835
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

TCB

• Because I can!

Yesterday (I believe), DR JMK posted this:

"JR, someone with almost your initials is playing Indy with Beaverton's (NOT Tumwater's  ) Shoshana Bean."

And said person with "almost your initials" just posted this on Twitter:

Just had terrifying realization that people paid money for their tickets tonight.

;D

I didn't understand the first part of this post yesterday, and I really don't understand it now.
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

My library has THE NIGHT CIRCUS on ebooks & I'm 12th on the waiting list.  While there I checked and, to my relief, have two days left to finish my book.  I can now relax while I read though I still plan on finishing it today.

Is The Night Circus a Young Adult book? I've heard some buzz about it. I'm curious. But i have so many books on my list to read I can't keep up with all i want to read.

George

I'm
 at my cousin's house and I forgot to bring my Kindle :(
I am posting this from my niece's smart phone.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

Hope Sherlock is feeling better.

TCB

• Because I can!

Why is it that something as simple as Lipton Onion Soup Dip can be so damn tasty?

Do you eat it straight out of the packet?

Of course not.  Mixed with sour cream, or sometimes IMO, or sometimes with yogurt.
“One thing’s universal,

td

• td

DR Jennifer, no, THE NIGHT CIRCUS is not a young adult novel, though I suppose a teenager might enjoy it.  It's more a fantasia for adults who can still remember the sights, the sounds, the smells and the magic that circuses or carnivals could bring.
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

George

~~~~~NON-HACKING AND NON-DRIPPING VIBES FOR DR JMK~~~~~

~~~DITTO!!~~~

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench

Oy! The Guthrie Theatre PINAFORE looks really awful. It has none of the wonderful "play with the original" of the Joseph Papp PIRATES OF PENZANCE. This is more "Anything Pins Adore" with lots of "new" rhumba and Latin arrangements. I think I'll turn it off.

http://www.tcdailyplanet.net/arts/hms-pinafore-guthrie-theater-review

I'm about to change the channel myself. I wouldn't mind the update(!) musical arrangements if the production elements had been updated too.

However, the sailor pants are quite well-fitting. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

TCB

• Because I can!

Oy! The Guthrie Theatre PINAFORE looks really awful. It has none of the wonderful "play with the original" of the Joseph Papp PIRATES OF PENZANCE. This is more "Anything Pins Adore" with lots of "new" rhumba and Latin arrangements. I think I'll turn it off.

Oh, Joseph Papp's PIRATES OF PENZANCE was wonderful.  That was when I first fell in love with Kevin Kline............... and vice versa!  ;)
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!

In honor of our discussions about LOST HORIZON, part two:  Am I the only DR who has this:

http://castalbums.org/recordings/Songs-from-Lost-Horizon-and-Themes-from-Other-Movies-1972-Ed-Ames/23835

Hmmm, how did I miss that one.
“One thing’s universal,

George

And now I am off.  Be back later!

Laura

Dang, TCB. Now you have me wanting some Lipton Onion Soup Dip.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

Oh, Joseph Papp's PIRATES OF PENZANCE was wonderful.  That was when I first fell in love with Kevin Kline............... and vice versa!  ;)

If this abortion from the Guthrie were half as wonderful as the Joseph Papp production, I might like it, but the over-the-top campiness and musical direction and (re)arrangements are putrid.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

TCB

• Because I can!

Even though this is Friday night, I am going to sign off early and go to bed.  I have been in horrible pain all day.  And on top of that, I have feeling extremely depressed this week.  So..................
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!

G'night!
“One thing’s universal,

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

I've seen the Kurt Weill Newsletter edit of my KNICKERBOCKER HOLIDAY review, and I am quite happy with it. Now I'm waiting on word on what numbers Kate Baldwin will sing in the Encores! Gala. I've got the first half of the Finale so I can begin that, and I've got other work sitting here as well.

Anyone watching the Guthrie Theatre HMS PINAFORE on PBS tonight?

I am now!  thankyou for mentioning it!
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?

Dang, TCB. Now you have me wanting some Lipton Onion Soup Dip.

Does anyone actually make Onion Soup with it anymore?

Make Your Own Luck.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?

Back from a really long but fun day of shooting.  We actually got behind a teeny bit with the first of the three numbers, because unlike the other stuff we've done, this one involved basically two people and a lot of action, which we had to break down into many shots.  So, we wrapped that one a half hour late, but then sort of caught up with the second number, but then got slightly behind again with the third number, mostly because the camera place had said they'd fully charged all the batteries when, in fact, they were all half-charged.  So, we lost about twenty minutes dealing with constant charging and battery changes towards the end of the day.  We felt just a little bit of pressure because the dweeb who own the studio didn't ever think, well, what if they need to go a little later.  So, he wanted and needed to lock up at four-thirty sharp - had we not been pressured like that at the end, it would have been much nicer.  These jernts are usually booked until six or even eight in the evening, but apparently this was the only day this week they weren't.  But, still, they should know to leave at least an hour of pad at the end of a session.  We actually wrapped the final number around 4:10, only ten minutes late, but then had to put the studio back the way we found it, which took the other twenty minutes.  Then we shot Matt Ashford's set-up scene, which only took a half-hour and then we had to dump all the sound and footage onto our backup drive and that took close to an hour, so I had to cancel on going to see Annie tonight.  Better that way, I think.  I would have probably liked just about twenty more minutes to do a handful more shots on the final number, but we really did get plenty of footage, which will give the editor plenty of choices.

vixmom

BLUE by Lou Aronica is today's free Nook.  Also offered is UNTIL AGAIN the prequel to BLUE.

thankyou!  I have just downloaded both

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?

And...

I believe I'll watch THIS this "classic" G&S clip instead.

« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 06:56:21 PM by JoseSPiano »
Make Your Own Luck.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

I've seen the Kurt Weill Newsletter edit of my KNICKERBOCKER HOLIDAY review, and I am quite happy with it. Now I'm waiting on word on what numbers Kate Baldwin will sing in the Encores! Gala. I've got the first half of the Finale so I can begin that, and I've got other work sitting here as well.

Anyone watching the Guthrie Theatre HMS PINAFORE on PBS tonight?

I am now!  thankyou for mentioning it!

I switched over to Dateline. I like Gilbert and Sullivan, but this is a production for folk who either don't know them or think they're fools. I find no affection in any of this travesty. The Guthrie should be ashamed.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

vixmom

a man after my own heart --- after our  chips and dip would you like to join me in a run to the border?  Jose can come too

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

And...

I believe I'll watching THIS this "classic" G&S clip instead.

I'd never seen that before!  George Rose was the nicest man. I wish the film were as good as the stage production.

vixmom

I loved this show and Kevin Kline is all mine! Mine I tell you!

vixmom

I am afraid I too switched off HMS  we are no watching the other PBS station - New Tricks is on

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!

I use onion soup mix plus a can of diced tomatoes with the juice to make a tasty soup broth. Then add veggies and meat (unless I'm making it for DR Sandra).

Yum.

And me ;)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up