Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: THE SUMMER KNOWS THAT IT'S NOT SUMMER, SO KNOCK OFF THE DAMN HEAT WAVE, WILL YA?  (Read 18791 times)

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench

I've seen the Kurt Weill Newsletter edit of my KNICKERBOCKER HOLIDAY review, and I am quite happy with it. Now I'm waiting on word on what numbers Kate Baldwin will sing in the Encores! Gala. I've got the first half of the Finale so I can begin that, and I've got other work sitting here as well.

Anyone watching the Guthrie Theatre HMS PINAFORE on PBS tonight?

I am now!  thankyou for mentioning it!

I switched over to Dateline. I like Gilbert and Sullivan, but this is a production for folk who either don't know them or think they're fools. I find no affection in any of this travesty. The Guthrie should be ashamed.

I'm wondering if this broadcast will actually help The Guthrie in the long run in terms of national recognition and stature?

And I swear that's Tony Walton's set for the touring version of the Lincoln Center Anything Goes.
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!

Hope Sherlock is feeling better.

Thank you.  The two books I downloaded to my Nook might be young adult.  I'm only guessing by the descriptions.

Jane

Dang, TCB. Now you have me wanting some Lipton Onion Soup Dip.

So do I though I never eat it anymore.

Jane

COPING VIBES FOR DR TCB!!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

I've seen the Kurt Weill Newsletter edit of my KNICKERBOCKER HOLIDAY review, and I am quite happy with it. Now I'm waiting on word on what numbers Kate Baldwin will sing in the Encores! Gala. I've got the first half of the Finale so I can begin that, and I've got other work sitting here as well.

Anyone watching the Guthrie Theatre HMS PINAFORE on PBS tonight?

I am now!  thankyou for mentioning it!

I switched over to Dateline. I like Gilbert and Sullivan, but this is a production for folk who either don't know them or think they're fools. I find no affection in any of this travesty. The Guthrie should be ashamed.

I'm wondering if this broadcast will actually help The Guthrie in the long run in terms of national recognition and stature?

And I swear that's Tony Walton's set for the touring version of the Lincoln Center Anything Goes.

As soon as the piece began with the sailors semaphoring, I thought "they're trying to make it into 'Anything Goes!'"

The musical director should be embarrassed by his work, from the new "vocal" arrangements on down. I guess he was "inspired" by the John McDaniel work on THE PIRATES OF [THE CARIBBEAN] PENZANCE.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2011, 07:21:00 PM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

'night

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench

And...

I had an "early" morning this morning, and I have another one tomorrow, so...

Goodnight.
Make Your Own Luck.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.

In honor of our discussions about LOST HORIZON, part two:  Am I the only DR who has this:

http://castalbums.org/recordings/Songs-from-Lost-Horizon-and-Themes-from-Other-Movies-1972-Ed-Ames/23835

Hmmm, how did I miss that one.
I don't have that one but I do have Jim Nabors and Marilyn Horne with Madeleine Kahn doing "Man of la Mancha."
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

I meant to mention that I went to Big Lots when I was in Buffalo.  I remember one of the HHWers mentioning the DVD bargains that can be found there.  Sure enough, I picked up "Sunset Boulevard" for only $3!
What a find!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

Ooh! Ooh!  Memory flasback:  I recall cleaning my first apartment -- a two-bedroom in Vicenza, Italy (small kitchen, wonderful layout of rooms, nice balconies) -- and listening to Streisand sing "I Never Has Seen Snow."     It was on "Barbra Streisand...and other Musical Instruments" which was a newish LP recording in my collection at that time (1973).   

It reminds me that I don't play music while I clean any more.   What's up with that?   It was always a huge help!
Music and cleaning certainly do go together. Too bad I've given up the cleaning thing entirely.

You and I are sharing the same apartment?
You know, my place is so messy that I probably wouldn't notice if we were.
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

LOL,. I was just thinking that I have sour cream in the fridge and maybe some soup mix in teh cupboard

Cillaliz

Does anyone actually make Onion Soup with it anymore?

Did anyone ever make Onion Soup with it?

Cillaliz

Why is it that something as simple as Lipton Onion Soup Dip can be so damn tasty?

a man after my own heart --- after our  chips and dip would you like to join me in a run to the border?  Jose can come too

I'd join you, but I'm more of a Taco Johns kind of girl

Cillaliz

I went to the movie 50/50 tonight.  It's about a guy who gets cancer, not the cheeriest of topics, but it's really a good movie, funny, touching and everything in between. 

Cillaliz

Vibes to Sherlock and all the humans that need them~!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

apropos of nothing
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

Health Vibes to JMK and family

vixmom

Health Vibes to Sherlock

vixmom

Painfree vibes to TCB, Jane,Elmore,Jose oh

heck  painfree vibes to allof us

vixmom

I am looking forward to seeing Out of the Box   it won;lt be in quick time will it?  I still cannot see any of Melody's stuff

vixmom

Why is it that something as simple as Lipton Onion Soup Dip can be so damn tasty?

a man after my own heart --- after our  chips and dip would you like to join me in a run to the border?  Jose can come too

I'd join you, but I'm more of a Taco Johns kind of girl

I don't think we have any of those here .... but if it's good healthy well made mexican food  I probably won't like it --- give me that processed junk food 

vixmom

I have sour cream and onion dip

no potato chips or pretzels though....

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?

I turned back on to PINAFORE at 11 to see Barbara Bryne, of SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE, dressed as Queen Victoria serenaded  by the "March of Peers" from IOLANTHE with new lyrics and a synthesized arrangement that sounded like a skating rink. The musical director, who wrote these awful charts should stay in the dinner theatre world.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical

JMK, but you didn't discover the ants because they had an unusual crunch & taste to them. :P

That's what you think.  :)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

My Mom used to make a surprisingly delish casserole with frozen (I know, I know) broccoli and spinach mixed with sour cream and Lipton Onion soup mix, topped with cheese.  Yummy.

JMK

OMG--don't ask me why I was thinking of this, but I wanted to see if Chaz Bono was still on DWTS (which I have never, ever watched, BTW), so I went to Wikipedia to look up the show.  You fans probably know this already, but I was gobsmacked by how many countries have a franchise--Estonia, Romania!  Good Lord!  What do they do, walk down the street and pick random people and say, "You're a STAR, come dance with us!"  :)

JMK

Of course, judging by the people they get on the US version, that's evidently what they do here, too.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall

I was just about to say - if you didn't stick with it, you missed Jack's Mother as Queen Victoria....courtesy "additional material by Jeffrey Hatcher."

I am pretty distressed by the whole thing.....but I might be a purist or some such person.....  And yes the arrangements were annoying.

Well - I think I like the Australian ESSGEE production better than what I saw this evening......the curtain call from ESSGEE...produced by and starring the same man...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mi1Jjyl5uSc
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall

That is the man who played Ralph in the ESSGEE production produced said production.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up