Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: FRUITFUL  (Read 42541 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re: FRUITFUL
« Reply #90 on: October 25, 2011, 12:37:01 PM »

This morning, I had a sinus lift.

Yes, a sinus lift.

It was costly (dental insurance didn't cover it), but it's necessary for two implants that I pledged myself I'd get this year.  It will be next year, though, as six months have to pass before any more work can be done.

I was given no pain.   But...I may not blow my nose for two weeks.  If I sneeze, I must do it open-mouthed.  For two weeks.

It seems the actual sinus membrane was lifted and now needs time to settle in and get over the shock of being lifted.

I need to be in stasis for two weeks.  Not a day has gone by in eons that I haven't blown my nose or sneezed.

Should be an interesting two weeks.

Procedure took two-plus hours.  There was lots of cutting and grinding.

I felt nothing but the movement of instruments inside my mouth.

I created a safe place for my thoughts which simply contemplated what might be happening in my mouth.  I never want this procedure again.

That said, I'm fine, resting comfortably, and have a comfortable supply of antibiotics and pain killers.

That is all.

~~~Vibes of Comfort and Success for DR Ron!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

MBarnum

« Reply #91 on: October 25, 2011, 12:39:27 PM »

On the other hand, I have a new favorite Indian actor.

His name is Diganth, and he makes Kannada language films (known as Sandalwood).

Here are two nice shots of him with different looks:

Here is the clean-cut Diganth:

and here is the more scruffy Diganth:

Diganth has loads of charm and I expect big things from him.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 12:41:08 PM by MBarnum »

George

« Reply #92 on: October 25, 2011, 12:41:59 PM »

That is one very attractive man, Mike! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #93 on: October 25, 2011, 12:48:17 PM »

Well the Terror is on the way.....you should have them in time for Halloween.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ben

« Reply #94 on: October 25, 2011, 12:48:53 PM »

I'm back in the Dentist Chair this evening at 6pm. The new crown is ready. Only one more tooth to work on after that. I need prep work for the crown which may take two or three visits, then the impression and then the installation of the crown.

When it's over I will have spent enough to buy a 3-D television.

I understand completely! I think it's time to make an appointment.  I miss my crazy Russian dentist Zhanna.

I have a very quiet but nice and good East Indian dentist, Dr. Najeeb.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #95 on: October 25, 2011, 12:53:57 PM »

Dental visit vibes for DR BEN
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #96 on: October 25, 2011, 12:54:19 PM »

Sinus vibes for DR Ron Pulliam!

Dental vibes for DR Ben!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

MBarnum

« Reply #97 on: October 25, 2011, 12:57:38 PM »

DR Ron, I sure hope that sinus procedure works for you...it sounds like a terrible thing to go through!

MBarnum

« Reply #98 on: October 25, 2011, 12:58:19 PM »

Catching up on the last few days worth of posts and I was sorry to hear about your loss' DR TCB.

MBarnum

« Reply #99 on: October 25, 2011, 12:59:09 PM »

Also sorry to hear about your not being able to get around better, TCB., Maybe it is time to look into early retirement or disability.

MBarnum

« Reply #100 on: October 25, 2011, 01:03:23 PM »

By the way, I am pretty sure Cason lives in Arizona now...along with everyone else.

Ginny

« Reply #101 on: October 25, 2011, 01:11:57 PM »

I am signing out now to pack up the computer and probably won't log in again until we're home.  Au Revoir!  Auf Wiedersehen!  Bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #102 on: October 25, 2011, 01:13:27 PM »

Yes, a sinus lift.

It was costly (dental insurance didn't cover it), but it's necessary for two implants that I pledged myself I'd get this year.  It will be next year, though, as six months have to pass before any more work can be done.

I was given no pain.   But...I may not blow my nose for two weeks.  If I sneeze, I must do it open-mouthed.  For two weeks.

It seems the actual sinus membrane was lifted and now needs time to settle in and get over the shock of being lifted.

I need to be in stasis for two weeks.  Not a day has gone by in eons that I haven't blown my nose or sneezed.

Should be an interesting two weeks.

Procedure took two-plus hours.  There was lots of cutting and grinding.

I felt nothing but the movement of instruments inside my mouth.

I created a safe place for my thoughts which simply contemplated what might be happening in my mouth.  I never want this procedure again.

That said, I'm fine, resting comfortably, and have a comfortable supply of antibiotics and pain killers.

That is all.
Yikes. I don't know that I could remember to sneeze with mouth open. I, too, have sneezed every day for who knows how long. Many vibes on handling that one.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #103 on: October 25, 2011, 01:15:38 PM »

Dental vibes for Ben.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #104 on: October 25, 2011, 01:30:51 PM »

I am signing out now to pack up the computer and probably won't log in again until we're home.  Au Revoir!  Auf Wiedersehen!  Bye for now!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Safe Homeward Travel Vibes to DR Ginny and Richard! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #105 on: October 25, 2011, 01:50:18 PM »

I went to the Oregon Health Sciences University dental school to have a wisdom tooth removed years and years ago.  First off, they turned on the nitrous and then left the room, forgetting they had done that.  That wasn't so bad (LOL), but the student could not get my wisdom tooth out, and the Dean had to come in and use a chisel or something to break the tooth up and remove it.  They ended up leaving shards of my tooth embedded in my gum which took weeks to work themselves out.

Sounds horrible.  At least the shards didn't have to be removed surgically.

Jane

« Reply #106 on: October 25, 2011, 01:51:19 PM »

I had been going to the same dentist since I was 12 years old. A couple of years before he planned to retire, he brought in a young dentist, and they worked together for quite some time. So when my dentist did retire, I was okay with the new one because the retiring one was confident in the new one. I will not go anywhere else.

The only dental work I've needed is five (yes five) wisdom teeth removed and one crown to fix a broken tooth, plus some fillings. My dental hygienist makes sure things are healthy every six months.

I wish that is all I have ever needed, except for the 5 wisdom teeth part.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #107 on: October 25, 2011, 01:51:28 PM »

Back from my meeting and deal is done.  Kritzerland will be releasing its first newish Broadway show (albeit one that closed in June) The People In The Picture, starring Donna Murphy, with music by Mike Stoller and Artie Butler, and lyrics by Iris Rainer Dart.  Very excited to be doing this and it's on the very fast track for a December release.  This was originally coming on a different label, but they parted ways a few months ago - and when I heard how this label does things and the charges they make (believe me they pay for NOTHING - the authors paid for everything, and would have paid for printing, pressing and everything else), fees for all manner of pointless things - which is, I think, how they stay in business.  Well, that's just disgusting to me and if you heard the outrageous charges it would be disgusting to you.  It certainly was disgusting to the authors, who are very happy to be doing this with Kritzerland, who charges no fees like those as we really have no employees. 

Jane

« Reply #108 on: October 25, 2011, 01:58:08 PM »

I just managed to check-out my second library e-book, the Dick Van Dyke autobiography.  Now I just have to figure out how to get it onto my Kindle (which is not wi-fi.)
[/quot

Yes, a sinus lift.

HEALING, AND COPING WHILE YOU HEAL, VIBES!!!!

Jane

« Reply #109 on: October 25, 2011, 01:59:29 PM »

DR Ron, I sure hope that sinus procedure works for you...it sounds like a terrible thing to go through!

Yes but I'm sure you will be happy with the implants.

FJL

« Reply #110 on: October 25, 2011, 02:03:14 PM »

Vibes to Ron

FJL

« Reply #111 on: October 25, 2011, 02:03:41 PM »

Dental vibes to Ben

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #112 on: October 25, 2011, 02:22:03 PM »

Miss Williams and Mr. Forrest do a whole lot with a whole little. Mr. Duvall,

Miss Williams?  Miss Cindy Williams?  Wasn't she one of those out of work actors who got together to make a film spoofing the industry?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

John G.

« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2011, 02:29:22 PM »

Back from my meeting and deal is done.  Kritzerland will be releasing its first newish Broadway show (albeit one that closed in June) The People In The Picture, starring Donna Murphy, with music by Mike Stoller and Artie Butler, and lyrics by Iris Rainer Dart.  Very excited to be doing this and it's on the very fast track for a December release.  This was originally coming on a different label, but they parted ways a few months ago - and when I heard how this label does things and the charges they make (believe me they pay for NOTHING - the authors paid for everything, and would have paid for printing, pressing and everything else), fees for all manner of pointless things - which is, I think, how they stay in business.  Well, that's just disgusting to me and if you heard the outrageous charges it would be disgusting to you.  It certainly was disgusting to the authors, who are very happy to be doing this with Kritzerland, who charges no fees like those as we really have no employees. 
I, for one, can't wait to hear the score. So, thanks for this.
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2011, 02:37:11 PM »

I, for one, can't wait to hear the score. So, thanks for this.

Yes, really looking forward to this album!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2011, 02:39:28 PM »

I may have asked this question before, but if I did I have forgotten.  And worse, if I did I also forgot the answer.  This is not really a ASK BK QUESTION, but more an anyone can answer question.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got another Playbill Discount e-mail today offering me up to $50.00 off tickets to MAMMA MIA.  Is this still the same original run of MAMMA MIA; of for some strange reason has it already been revived?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #116 on: October 25, 2011, 02:47:05 PM »

I may have asked this question before, but if I did I have forgotten.  And worse, if I did I also forgot the answer.  This is not really a ASK BK QUESTION, but more an anyone can answer question.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I got another Playbill Discount e-mail today offering me up to $50.00 off tickets to MAMMA MIA.  Is this still the same original run of MAMMA MIA; of for some strange reason has it already been revived?

It's the original production that still running!

MBarnum

« Reply #117 on: October 25, 2011, 02:49:44 PM »

DR Ginny, wishing you and Richard a uneventful flight home! What a wonderful vacation you guys had!!!

George

« Reply #118 on: October 25, 2011, 02:50:28 PM »

And just very recently, it passed Miss Saigon to become the 10th longest running show (8th longest running musical) on Broadway!  Its 10th anniversary was just last week on October 18th.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 02:59:51 PM by George »

MBarnum

« Reply #119 on: October 25, 2011, 02:50:33 PM »

I am trying to decide whether to go to the gym this evening or just stay home and watch CRY OF THE WEREWOLF (1944).

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up