Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: OUTSIDE THE BOX EPISODE TWO  (Read 20010 times)

Jennifer

Re: OUTSIDE THE BOX EPISODE TWO
« Reply #90 on: November 20, 2011, 12:14:53 PM »

My aunt and uncle are taking me out for Chinese food tonight!

I love Chinese food! Yeah!

Jennifer

« Reply #91 on: November 20, 2011, 12:15:36 PM »

I will have to record TAR. Here it is on at 7pm. Because the channel it is on is having tonight's awards show.

FJL

« Reply #92 on: November 20, 2011, 12:18:48 PM »

JohnG -  Thanks for reading it and your thoguhts!  Much appreciated.

JMK - I've only gotten to meet Brooks Ashmanskas at a couple of parties and backstage at his shows a couple of times, but he's actually performed Skip's work a number of times.

KevinH

« Reply #93 on: November 20, 2011, 12:38:45 PM »

Here's my obligatory HHW mention that I'm doing laundry.

Ginny

« Reply #94 on: November 20, 2011, 01:06:55 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  We are home from Lima and I'm really glad.  It was rainy and foggy from Sidney (where we ate lunch) on and I was driving.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #95 on: November 20, 2011, 01:08:58 PM »

Can you drive using a cell phone in Ohio or do you need a hands free device?

Since I do use my cell phone from time to time while driving, I'm glad to see this info:

Cell Phone and Texting Laws
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #96 on: November 20, 2011, 01:27:09 PM »

BK, I love today's episode of Outside the Box!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #97 on: November 20, 2011, 01:31:06 PM »

Quotes from: vixmom and Jose on November 19, 2011, 11:57:24 PM
what is the difference between the Nook Color and the Nook Tablet?

Jose - Um... I think there's a side-by-side comparison chart at http://www.barnesandnoble.com/u/nook/379003208

From what I can tell, the main additional feature of the Tablet is the built in HD Hulu and Netflix streaming capabilities.

Read David Pogue's comments about it, though because the "HD" claims, according to Mr. Pogue, (a trustworthy source) are exaggerated.

Nook Tablet

Oh, by the way,

Morning all.

That is all.

I've been seriously looking into which one to buy the Nook or Kindle. An IPad is too expensive for just being a reader.

I went to the B & N Botique last night and looked at Nook Color. (Tablet doesn't interest me)

Today I will go to Staples and look at the kindle, I'm leaning towrds the Nook because there larger selection of books, you can read books in the store. There is an yearly fee of $80.00 for the kindle if I understand what Pogue said in his article. B & N discounts their ebooks. You can join there B & N club for $25. They will put that towards the cost, but the club doesn't work on the ebooks.

I will make my decision after I go to staples

where do you want to buy them from?

My wonderful local bookstore is now selling ebooks from their website.  So far the prices have been comparable to Amazon & Barnes & Noble.  These are nice people who own the store & treat their employees well so I plan to purchase my books from them when possible.

http://www.bloomsburyashland.com/

Jane

« Reply #98 on: November 20, 2011, 01:31:58 PM »

DR TCB asked where i was (yesterday).

I went to a craft fair! Love those.

What did you buy me?

I actually didn't buy anything. Although my sister bought me some fudge (i love fudge).

My niece got this fancy pencil. A lady made a fancy girl that sits on the eraser of the pencil.

My niece loved it as soon as she saw it. My sister told her she could have one thing from the fair but she needed to look at everything first.

The whole time she was saying that i was thinking "um do you know your daughter ... she is so coming back for that pencil!" :)

:)

Doug R

« Reply #99 on: November 20, 2011, 01:58:26 PM »

Since I do use my cell phone from time to time while driving, I'm glad to see this info:

I'm surprised that so many States allow the use of hand held phones while driving. In the UK it's completely illegal. There have been numerous cases of drivers causing accidents and deaths due to them being on the phone or texting. Mind you, it doesn't stop people - I see drivers all the time here using hand held phones.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: November 20, 2011, 02:01:22 PM »

Back from delivering a big box o' CDs and some lunch.  I shall now relax a little - still raining heavily, which is kind of nice, actually.  We now have at least one of our obligatory "dislikes" on the video - and I think we can all guess who was kind enough to leave it.

What's so amazing to me always is that FJL posts something positive - people agree, but some folks can't help but go in and trumpet how they don't.  Why?  It's fine not to like something but why go into a thread that's positive to do so?  Just to be negative?  My response, if I cared to make one, which I don't, would be the same as FJL's - some find things funny, some don't.  Who cares?  That's the way it's been with comedy since the year One.  Some people find Adam Sandler funny - I don't.  But I don't really feel the need to go into every pro-Adam Sandler thread and thread crap.  But that's the Internet.  And, of course, we know who at least one of those threadcrappers is.

Ginny

« Reply #101 on: November 20, 2011, 02:01:51 PM »

I don't use my phone often while driving and I use the speaker feature if I'm in traffic or if I think any maneuvering will be required.  Of course, I don't drive that much anymore since I retired...

Jane

« Reply #102 on: November 20, 2011, 02:03:08 PM »

Thank you.  Bryan called from his cell while driving through Ohio on his way to an interview in Pittsburgh.  The reception was so bad he switched to holding the phone & said he wouldn't get a ticket.  I guess he was right.  I'm surprised how many states don't have a ban.  I find using a bluetooth more complicated & distracting than holding my cell while driving.

Jane

« Reply #103 on: November 20, 2011, 02:04:18 PM »

I'm surprised that so many States allow the use of hand held phones while driving. In the UK it's completely illegal. There have been numerous cases of drivers causing accidents and deaths due to them being on the phone or texting. Mind you, it doesn't stop people - I see drivers all the time here using hand held phones.

Texting is crazy as you have to look away from the road to text.

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #104 on: November 20, 2011, 02:09:03 PM »

We heard this morning that friend of the Vixter's,  an 18 years old boy who had been missing since Thursday , was found yesterday morning -- police suspect he was murdered

we are all reeling   this is a boy we have know since the Vixter's preschool days --- , 
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 02:32:28 PM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

Ginny

« Reply #105 on: November 20, 2011, 02:12:01 PM »

DR Vixmom - what an awful piece of news!  Hugs to The Vixter...

Jane

« Reply #106 on: November 20, 2011, 02:12:24 PM »

DR's Vixter & Vixmom I am so very, very sorry to hear your sad news.  Hugs & vibes of comfort to you both.

Ginny

« Reply #107 on: November 20, 2011, 02:12:36 PM »

DR Jane - I would NEVER text while driving.

Jane

« Reply #108 on: November 20, 2011, 02:16:15 PM »

LOL Ginny, I don't know about you but I am not capable of driving & texting.  I am very slow at texting even when I'm not doing anything else.

Vixter09

• " .... Whoops..."
« Reply #109 on: November 20, 2011, 02:17:24 PM »

Hi everyone....

I need to ask a favor of all of you...

My friend Kyle Underhill was found murdered yesterday in a marsh. He didn't deserve to go out like that... my friends and I are pretty torn up about it happening, and we were hoping that you could keep his name in your prayers. Thank you so much guys...
I'm not the egg man,
I'm not the walrus,
I am the Moose Girl,
Goo goo ga chu

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #110 on: November 20, 2011, 02:19:16 PM »

Hi everyone....

My friend Kyle Underhill was found murdered yesterday in a marsh. He didn't deserve to go out like that... my friends and I are pretty torn up about it happening, and we were hoping that you could keep his name in your prayers. Thank you so much guys...
What a horrible story. And yes, you got 'em.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #111 on: November 20, 2011, 02:20:16 PM »

Will do so DR Vixter, and for you & all who loved your friend.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #112 on: November 20, 2011, 02:21:01 PM »

I loved the Episode 2!

And then I found on youtube clips from the Chicago Light Opera Works production of THE GOLDEN APPLE with a good cast and a full orchestra: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1khi-gxI-c&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

It's great hearing the full Act one Finale and Judgment of Paris, which are cut on the OBC.
Thank you. Hope to catch that later.

I guess there is a reason why I have never heard the score before.
Wonderful show. "Lazy Afternoon" comes from it, and that is such a sensual piece of songwriting. I love everything I've heard from it. Just wish there were a full recording, and at the right speed. The vinyl was speeded up a bit. (Sped up a bit?)
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: November 20, 2011, 02:21:26 PM »

Hi everyone....

vixter, this is horrible! What happened? Does anyone know anything?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: November 20, 2011, 02:23:26 PM »

DR Vixter 09, Kyle's family and friends will remain in my prayers.  I'm so sorry you have to deal with this - {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

Vixter09

• " .... Whoops..."
« Reply #115 on: November 20, 2011, 02:24:25 PM »

Hi everyone....

vixter, this is horrible! What happened? Does anyone know anything?

We know he went missing Wensday and was found yesterday morning.......It's horrible....... No one knows how he died, I just hope it was quick. And my friends are setting up a memorial at the school possibly on Tuesday so I'll go to that.

....Happy Thanksgiving. What am I thankful for now....?
I'm not the egg man,
I'm not the walrus,
I am the Moose Girl,
Goo goo ga chu

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #116 on: November 20, 2011, 02:25:00 PM »

Jrand, funny about the windows - normally I would not have shot the long way in that room, I would have shot the other way, as I have at Screenland here in LA, but I loved the look of the windows so we did that.  FJL posted on Talkin' Broadway - mostly positive responses, but naturally dcb, who I think we ALL know, had to come in, as always, and make a disparaging comment, and one other guy said he didn't like it because he saw the original movie during its original run.  I don't really understand his point - it's almost as if he took the clip seriously.  You would think dcb, who I think we ALL know, would get tired of this crap, but apparently this crap is what dcb lives for - every waking minute of every waking day.

I didn't comment on the windows.....but I was thinking la mem chose.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 02:27:40 PM by Jrand61 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #117 on: November 20, 2011, 02:27:15 PM »

Most horrifying news....sorry to hear it.....DR VIXTER and VIXMOM.

Thoughts and prayers of course.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #118 on: November 20, 2011, 02:28:10 PM »

MR BK did you say that Mr Sherman might sign a few extra booklets for those of us for some reason did not get one?

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #119 on: November 20, 2011, 02:34:26 PM »

Thank you all for you r kind wishes I hope you will understand if we are absent fora little bit
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up