Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RADICAL BURRITO  (Read 13219 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE RADICAL BURRITO
« on: December 11, 2011, 01:12:08 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were radical and wrapped in a burrito, and now it is time for you to post until the radical cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE RADICAL BURRITO
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2011, 01:13:06 AM »

And the word of the day is: ADYTUM!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2011, 02:16:36 AM »

A Very Happy Birthday to DR Ginny!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2011, 02:21:27 AM »

Today, I will be working concessions for a local production of "The Nutcracker" ballet.  I may go in to watch for a little bit, but I'm not a great fan of this ballet.  I loved Mark Morris' "The Hard Nut," but this will be the traditional version.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2011, 04:30:24 AM »

Happy Birthday, Ginny! 

May there be many more.
You can dream…or you can do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2011, 05:07:20 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm sitting in seat 4A waiting for my flight to depart from IAD and head to JFK.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2011, 05:07:47 AM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR GINNY!!!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2011, 05:08:24 AM »

And they're closing the cabin door...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Doug R

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2011, 05:08:59 AM »

I attempted to start doing my Christmas cards today but the Royal Mail online postage website is having technical problems. I've already lost several payments because the site would either not print the postage labels or would print garbled labels. There is an apology on the site and they say they will give refunds but at the moment the online postage facility is not working at all. It seems that the company which manages the online postage moved it onto a new server about two weeks ago and there have been problems since then.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 05:14:42 AM by Doug R »

Doug R

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2011, 05:10:11 AM »

Have a very happy birthday DR Ginny.

KevinH

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2011, 05:23:34 AM »

The happiest of birthdays to DR Ginny!

Jennifer

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2011, 05:26:43 AM »

DR Jose:
DR Jennifer - If your mother did end up getting you a Kindle, would she be offended if you returned it for store credit and/or another item?

No she probably wouldn't mind if i returned it. But i'm just wondering if there was some kind of special (why she had to rush to the store when it opened).

Jennifer

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2011, 05:31:00 AM »

DR George wrote:

Congrats on the free Kindle!  Mine was free, too, but I got mine with points from my debit card.  The 3G is cell phone technology...meaning, you can use it anywhere you could use a cell phone.  Mine doesn't have 3G, either.  I can download to the Kindle through a USB cable from my computer or use Wi-Fi.  They all should have that.  And you will use the keyboard.  You can search a document, there's a web browser (if you have Wi-Fi), things like that.

So without 3G just means i cannot download books anywhere (only where there is wifi?)

I'm curious when you send a book from amazon to your computer and then to your kindle, do you need to have an app on your computer for this?

Also, (and forgive how dumb these questions sound) I know to buy a book from amazon you have to have your kindle registered. But then i'm curious what the process is after that. For instance i have a giftcard in my account. Does the kindle book just go to your computer/kindle as soon as you buy it. Is there an option to choose my giftcard as payment (i think you have to set up a certain credit card as the payment card).

I'm trying to figure out if people in canada use their kindles differently (i.e., if it is cheaper to send it to your computer and then USB it to your kindle or just sending it straight to kindle).

KevinH

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2011, 05:31:31 AM »

NYC Weekend continued:

For DR TCB and anyone else who's wondering how On A Clear Day handles the switch from David Gamble to Melinda Wells:   When David is under hypnosis, he starts to channel(?) Melinda.  The sofa he's sitting on turns around and he disappears and we see Melinda.   So whenever Dr. Mark Bruckner is talking to Melinda we see the actress (who's a terrific singer, by the way), except at the end of Act One when Mark is kissing Melinda and she steps aside and David is in her place.  The lighting is kind of dark.  So Mark just starts to kiss David and the curtain falls!

Doug R

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2011, 05:31:52 AM »

I was woken up last night about 1.00am in the morning by the TV switching itself on. This has been happening about once a week since I bought the TV in October. It doesn't just switch itself on - it turns up the volume to maximum so there's no way I can sleep through it! I contacted the manufacturers LG today and they say it's probably trying to update the software. They suggest I go into the menu and turn the auto software update off. So I've done that which hopefully will cure the problem - but it must be some sort of design fault, otherwise why have an auto update if you can't use it.

Jennifer

« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2011, 05:32:23 AM »

Happy Birthday to DR Ginny!

Doug R

« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2011, 05:34:06 AM »

Meanwhile, the laundry is going round and round.

Doug R

« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2011, 05:36:53 AM »

Ah! I've just sold another item on Amazon Marketplace. I've found selling on Amazon to be far more successful than selling things on eBay.

KevinH

« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2011, 05:49:24 AM »

As I mentioned yesterday, the singing was really great in "Clear Day."  After reading so much criticism of the actor who plays David ( I just tried to look up his name online, but the internet connection is maddingly slow), I was pleasantly surprised by his performance.  He was very likeable and had a very pleasant singing voice.  And at the stage door he was very grateful to the people who wanted his autograph.  

And the actress who plays Melinda as well as the one who plays Dr. Bruckner's colleague were also terrific.  

As for Harry Connick, I enjoyed his performance.  It took a little getting used to his rendition of the songs, which he sang in his own style, of course.    

Okay, I have to mention "She Wasn't You," which is sung in different versions , including the one sung by Barbra in the movie.   It is ultimately sung by four people (Mark, David, Mark's colleague and Warren (David's boyfriend).  And none of them sung the high notes at the end that our own B Barrett did on his Alan Jay Lerner CD (or in the City Center Encores production of On a Clear Day).

Tonight is the premiere.  I'm going to try and go to see the "Red Carpet" entrances.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2011, 05:53:06 AM »

Happy Birthday, Ginny.  I'll leave a present at Lake Oswego City Hall for you.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

KevinH

« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2011, 05:56:13 AM »

On to Hugh Jackman.   It was really a great show--he's quite the showman and a great dancer.   Not a great singer, but certainly entertaining.  Very funny!  And loves doing the Peter Allen character, which he did at the start of Act 2.  

About 10 minutes into the show there were some latecomers.  He asked them how dinner was.   They said the reason they were late was the traffic.  Hugh then mentioned something about Nancy Pelosi being in town (I guess saying that she caused the traffic problem).  Well, a couple of people, notably someone in the front row booed loudly.  Hugh said "Don't boo!  She' s here tonight!"  Sure enough, I looked back and there she was in an aisle seat on the left side about 12 rows back.  Hugh welcomed her and mentioned she was the first female Speaker of the House. She got a nice round of applause.

KevinH

« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2011, 06:01:18 AM »

Hugh J's show included 6 female dancers (and a couple of them did a little singing) as well as 4 Australian aborigines, who performed a song, which included the playing of two digeridoos (I think that's how you spell it). 

Hugh asked an older gentleman named Bob to come up on the stage with him.  He was a big hit, looking like he was right at home!  His wife was beaming when he answered Hugh's question about why he looked so happy. He said "I love my life and I love my wife."

KevinH

« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2011, 06:10:55 AM »

After the show, Hugh explained that this is the time of the year that the theatres all raise money for Broadway Cares/Equity Fights Aids.  So he started an auction for a meet-and -greet backstage, a photo and his autographed t-shirt (that he had worn on stage).  He started the bidding at $1,000.  The Nancy Pelosi-hater said "let's just make it "10,000."  Hugh looked stunned and said "how about $11,000."  Someone in the mezzanine bid that amount.  So the NP guy said "how about $20,000?"  So Hugh stopped the bidding and someone brought out another t-shirt (from Act 1).  He said he'd like to auction both and wondered whether the bidder in the mezzanine would go for $20,000.  The man said yes, after his wife advised him to.   So he made $40,000 in about 5 minutes.   

There was also an offer to go backstage for a photo for $2,500. 

I went to the stage door, not thinking I'd get close enough, but I did manage to get my playbill signed (the secret is to politely put reach over the person in front of you and put the playbill in front of the person signing, patiently waiting your turn!).

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2011, 06:11:02 AM »

Thanks for the Broadway report DR KEVINH.

Continued travel vibes and skunk free vibes for DR JOSE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #24 on: December 11, 2011, 06:11:20 AM »

Happy Birthday to my neighbor in Ohio...DR GINNY!

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2011, 06:11:39 AM »

I am working today.

Yes I know it's Sunday....but there you are.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2011, 06:12:27 AM »

Tonight is the TAR finale.

And with the completely legitimate no matter how many people complain elimination last week - the million dollars is up for grabs.

KevinH

« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2011, 06:13:24 AM »

Well, it's time to have some breakfast.   I'm going to go to the Book of Mormon lottery.  After I fail to win that, I think I'll see David Hyde Pierce's new play called "Close Up Space."

KevinH

« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2011, 06:14:32 AM »

Thanks for the Broadway report DR KEVINH.

Continued travel vibes and skunk free vibes for DR JOSE.

Glad you enjoyed it, DRJRand61

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2011, 06:15:52 AM »

We certainly have a lot of December birthdays here at HHW.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up