Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RADICAL BURRITO  (Read 13283 times)

Ginny

Re: THE RADICAL BURRITO
« Reply #90 on: December 11, 2011, 12:18:55 PM »

Happy Birthday, Ginny.  I'll leave a present at Lake Oswego City Hall for you.

Thanks, DR JMK - say HI to my twin!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #91 on: December 11, 2011, 12:22:35 PM »

Happy Birthday to my neighbor in Ohio...DR GINNY!

Thank you, DR JRand - here's the photo that was taken at your workplace several years ago on my birthday weekend...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #92 on: December 11, 2011, 12:23:31 PM »

HAP-HAP SLAP-HAPPY BIRTHDAY WISHES TO DR GINNY

Thank you, DR ArnoldMBrockman!

Ginny

« Reply #93 on: December 11, 2011, 12:24:02 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DR GINNY!!!!!

Thanks, DR Kerry - and for the cake photo on Facebook!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #94 on: December 11, 2011, 12:24:30 PM »

BK, is the party today the one that your neighbors host, which Jack Larson attends?  Or am I confusing it with a different  time of the year?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Ginny

« Reply #95 on: December 11, 2011, 12:25:50 PM »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday to my Dear Friend Ginny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, dear DR Elmore - and thanks for the e-card!  Do you remember when you surprised me with a cake 36 years ago?

Ginny

« Reply #96 on: December 11, 2011, 12:26:54 PM »

Happy Birthday, Ginny!!!

Thank you, DR Laura - I ate ice cream (well, frozen custard...) today.

Ginny

« Reply #97 on: December 11, 2011, 12:27:53 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY GINNY!!!!

Thank you, DR Cillaliz - great photo of you playing your flute!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2011, 12:28:25 PM »

I'm up, finally, after a good night's sleep.  And yes, where is MBarnum?  Someone please write him and find out the deal.

DR TCB & I both mentioned he is working & taking less time on the computer for play.  Why not send him a birthday email.

Sorry, I do birthday wishes for dear readers here.  He's been coming to this site for many years.  Daily.  And I think a simple two-minute visit here to acknowledge everyone's wishes would have been nice.  It's so funny to me when people use this "he's working and taking less time to play on the computer" thing - it just doesn't compute to me.  I think it's been pretty obvious that I've been VERY busy doing any number of projects in the last three months - endless work - I find time to make a post or two and write the notes - every day.  It doesn't take me very long.

Ginny

« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2011, 12:28:28 PM »

Happy, happy, Ginny!

Thank you, thank you, DR John G!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #100 on: December 11, 2011, 12:28:53 PM »

BK, is the party today the one that your neighbors host, which Jack Larson attends?  Or am I confusing it with a different  time of the year?

No, they don't do a Christmas partay.

Ginny

« Reply #101 on: December 11, 2011, 12:29:36 PM »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: December 11, 2011, 12:29:58 PM »

And now Grant tells me we're not working until five - which is when the partay is beginning.  This annoys me, frankly, and I'm really bored that it's taken exactly ONE YEAR to get four tracks done.  I may just cancel the whole project now because it's enervating and nauseating at the same time. 

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: December 11, 2011, 12:30:46 PM »

to our DR Ginny!
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #104 on: December 11, 2011, 12:32:28 PM »

DR Elmore - Richard says Gary Holt was a fraternity brother of his and asked me to ask you to say HI to Gary next time you talk to him!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #105 on: December 11, 2011, 12:32:31 PM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I'm sitting in seat 4A waiting for my flight to depart from IAD and head to JFK.

Is that First Class?
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #106 on: December 11, 2011, 12:32:49 PM »

to our DR Ginny!

Thank you so much, DR TCB!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: December 11, 2011, 12:49:59 PM »

DR George wrote:

Congrats on the free Kindle!  Mine was free, too, but I got mine with points from my debit card.  The 3G is cell phone technology...meaning, you can use it anywhere you could use a cell phone.  Mine doesn't have 3G, either.  I can download to the Kindle through a USB cable from my computer or use Wi-Fi.  They all should have that.  And you will use the keyboard.  You can search a document, there's a web browser (if you have Wi-Fi), things like that.

So without 3G just means i cannot download books anywhere (only where there is wifi?)

I'm curious when you send a book from amazon to your computer and then to your kindle, do you need to have an app on your computer for this?

Also, (and forgive how dumb these questions sound) I know to buy a book from amazon you have to have your kindle registered. But then i'm curious what the process is after that. For instance i have a giftcard in my account. Does the kindle book just go to your computer/kindle as soon as you buy it. Is there an option to choose my giftcard as payment (i think you have to set up a certain credit card as the payment card).

I'm trying to figure out if people in canada use their kindles differently (i.e., if it is cheaper to send it to your computer and then USB it to your kindle or just sending it straight to kindle).

Jennifer, not trying to pass the buck, but I would suggest that you go to Amazon.com and Search the Kindle Store for Kindle Support.  They really have everything you could possibly want to know about the Kindle and downloading of books.  I would not want to give you any false information.

I would tell you that you do not want to download a book to your computer and then to the Kindle.  I don't have 3G on mine, but I download just fine.  I believe (and here I go giving possible wrong info) every Kindle has Wireless, you just need to turn it on when you want to order a book, and turn it back off after the book downloads.  You can do that by clicking on the Menu button.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2011, 01:45:45 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: December 11, 2011, 12:53:37 PM »

As I mentioned yesterday, the singing was really great in "Clear Day."  After reading so much criticism of the actor who plays David ( I just tried to look up his name online, but the internet connection is maddingly slow), I was pleasantly surprised by his performance.  He was very likeable and had a very pleasant singing voice.  And at the stage door he was very grateful to the people who wanted his autograph.  

And the actress who plays Melinda as well as the one who plays Dr. Bruckner's colleague were also terrific.  

As for Harry Connick, I enjoyed his performance.  It took a little getting used to his rendition of the songs, which he sang in his own style, of course.    

Okay, I have to mention "She Wasn't You," which is sung in different versions , including the one sung by Barbra in the movie.   It is ultimately sung by four people (Mark, David, Mark's colleague and Warren (David's boyfriend).  And none of them sung the high notes at the end that our own B Barrett did on his Alan Jay Lerner CD (or in the City Center Encores production of On a Clear Day).

Tonight is the premiere.  I'm going to try and go to see the "Red Carpet" entrances.

So, Kevin, do you think it will be a "hit" or a "miss?"
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #109 on: December 11, 2011, 12:58:08 PM »

Thanks for the Broadway report DR KEVINH.

Continued travel vibes and skunk free vibes for DR JOSE.

Yes, thank you, KevinH.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #110 on: December 11, 2011, 12:58:54 PM »

We certainly have a lot of December birthdays here at HHW.

That's what I was thinking.
“One thing’s universal,

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: December 11, 2011, 01:13:57 PM »

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday to my Dear Friend Ginny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you, dear DR Elmore - and thanks for the e-card!  Do you remember when you surprised me with a cake 36 years ago?

No.

1975?

I honestly have no memory of the event.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: December 11, 2011, 01:16:46 PM »

And now Grant tells me we're not working until five - which is when the partay is beginning.  This annoys me, frankly, and I'm really bored that it's taken exactly ONE YEAR to get four tracks done.  I may just cancel the whole project now because it's enervating and nauseating at the same time. 

Someone needs a hug!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: December 11, 2011, 01:18:04 PM »

DR Elmore - Richard says Gary Holt was a fraternity brother of his and asked me to ask you to say HI to Gary next time you talk to him!

Yes, he was a fraternity brother of Richard's. That I remember!

Ginny

« Reply #114 on: December 11, 2011, 01:23:00 PM »

No.

1975?

Cast meeting for "Charlie Brown" - cake and a Snoopy autograph dog, signed by cast & crew - I'm working on a photo...

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #115 on: December 11, 2011, 01:24:24 PM »

No.

1975?

Cast meeting for "Charlie Brown" - cake and a Snoopy autograph dog, signed by cast & crew - I'm working on a photo...

My only memory of "Charlie Brown" is sacking Roger Roe for missing a rehearsal.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #116 on: December 11, 2011, 01:25:24 PM »

This rebuilding an orchestra score from band parts is sure tedious work!

How did I ever survive the GIRL CRAZY recording?

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: December 11, 2011, 01:27:27 PM »

I went ahead and splurged on a cab back into the city from JFK. When I got into the taxi line, the dispatcher and some of the drivers had a case of the giggles. Apparently, it was a very slow morning at the Jet Blue terminal at JFK. I got in my cab around 9:40am. My cab driver got to the JFK cab lot at 5:00am... I was his first fare of the day!?!?!

Isn't that something like an eight hour cab ride?
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #118 on: December 11, 2011, 01:29:23 PM »

Check out the upside down autograph on Snoopy's left rear paw:

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: December 11, 2011, 01:33:32 PM »

“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8   Go Up