Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: A DAY AND NIGHT ON THE TELEPHONIC DEVICE  (Read 7373 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
A DAY AND NIGHT ON THE TELEPHONIC DEVICE
« on: December 28, 2011, 12:10:02 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had a telephonic vibe for obvious reasons, and now it is time for you to post until the telephonic cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: A DAY AND NIGHT ON THE TELEPHONIC DEVICE
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2011, 12:10:45 AM »

And the word of the day is: ADVENTIVE!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2011, 12:11:35 AM »

And a very happy haineshisway.com birthday to the very errant and truant dear reader Julie.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 12:54:38 AM »

A Very Happy Birthday to DR Julie!! ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Doug R

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 01:26:37 AM »

I'm back home after a very long drive because there was so much traffic. It makes a change to be in the country and pleasant to spend Christmas there with twelve family members but I can't be away from civilisation for too long!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 04:04:01 AM »

I'm back home after a very long drive because there was so much traffic. It makes a change to be in the country and pleasant to spend Christmas there with twelve family members but I can't be away from civilisation for too long!
I hear ya.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 04:04:12 AM »

Good morning, all.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #7 on: December 28, 2011, 04:04:28 AM »

Happy, happy, DR Julie.
― Voltaire

FJL

« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2011, 05:24:50 AM »

Happy happy happy (that's three happys) birthday to dear DR Julie!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2011, 05:46:12 AM »

Good morning, all! I feel much better today. i was moving about by 7:15, so far this morning's only aggrabation has been an inability to log on to HHW, which was a problem for about 30 minutes.

I have few plans for today beyond my usual schedule: finish putting the "Yesterdays Dance" into full score, running a few errands, and printing out some scores for DEAREST ENEMY.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Happy Birthday to Our E&T DR Julie !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Kerry

« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2011, 05:56:40 AM »

It's Wednesday, and it's cold and dark.
I like boat races.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #11 on: December 28, 2011, 06:12:35 AM »

Happy Birthday DR JULIE!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #12 on: December 28, 2011, 06:13:13 AM »

I don't understand the Apple Time Machine that MR BK is talking about.  I don't know if PC's have such an animal......
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2011, 06:24:09 AM »

Happy Birthday to DR Julie!
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2011, 06:28:14 AM »

Our coffee machine here at work is spewing out dirty water and glunk.  The woman from HR who knows how to fix is is out today.  I went on-line to read how to clean it out, but then decided against it--I am weary of being the Mr. Fix-It of the office.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2011, 06:38:00 AM »

I have been incredibly lazy at reading these past few months.  It took me a long time to read the Wendy Wasserstein book and now I am still slugging through the Joe Papp biography.  The Kindle version of THE NIGHT CIRCUS became available to me through my library and I'm hoping that as long as I don't connect my kindle to the WhisperNet that it won't expire long enough for me to read it.

I did learn something new from the Papp book this morning (or maybe something I hear long ago and forgotton):  Michael Bennett actually took time off from the A CHORUS LINE workshop to direct Neil Simon's GOD'S FAVORITE, which turned out to be a flop.  Unfortunately, the book doesn't explain why he took the job.  I guess I'll have to go to a Bennett biography to find out about that.
-- Anaïs Nin

Ginny

« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2011, 06:56:15 AM »

Wednesday morning greetings!  It's amazing how much better I feel after a good night's sleep.  I've been to the vampire's lab for a routine blood test and am now ready to take on the day.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2011, 06:56:29 AM »

Happiest of birthdays to DR Julie!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2011, 06:58:02 AM »

Well, I have learned that nine o'clock is the new six o'clock - my senior tech is East Coast.  BUTT - he was great and everything including migrating to iCloud is now done.  The printer issue was interesting - as soon as I told him it was an HP he asked me how many words were in my network name - on my old computer it was one word - here, when we set it up, it set up as Bruce Kimmel's network.  He said that HP has a known issue with multiple words in wireless networks, so he had me change it to my one-word version and then changed the security setting to the opposite one that we had and voila - all is well with the printer.  I'll call HP later and let them know they might want to write that little thing down.  We did have to have the printer find the new name but that took all of ten seconds.  Then he talked me through the migration and I'm on iCloud and boy does that synch stuff much faster than Mobile Me did.  And he actually stayed on the phone while I did the one-click set-up on the iPhone and iPad so it's all done now.  Hopefully everything from here on in will be fine and dandy with this here beautiful computer.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2011, 06:58:40 AM »

Cheetah has died.  He was 80.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2011, 06:59:31 AM »

Jrand, Time Machine is a backup drive - initially it backs up your entire computer, and then does hourly backups of whatever's new - it has two TBs of space so it can hold a huge amount of stuff.  But my Time Machine is part of Time Capsule - an all in one unit that is also my wireless router - it's a great everything in one place machine. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2011, 06:59:41 AM »

And now, back to bed.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2011, 06:59:51 AM »

And now - Dino at the piano.

John G.

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2011, 07:10:12 AM »

I have been incredibly lazy at reading these past few months.  It took me a long time to read the Wendy Wasserstein book and now I am still slugging through the Joe Papp biography.  The Kindle version of THE NIGHT CIRCUS became available to me through my library and I'm hoping that as long as I don't connect my kindle to the WhisperNet that it won't expire long enough for me to read it.

I did learn something new from the Papp book this morning (or maybe something I hear long ago and forgotton):  Michael Bennett actually took time off from the A CHORUS LINE workshop to direct Neil Simon's GOD'S FAVORITE, which turned out to be a flop.  Unfortunately, the book doesn't explain why he took the job.  I guess I'll have to go to a Bennett biography to find out about that.
Marsha Mason, via Neil Simon, was the one who made Bennett change the ending so that Cassie would get her place on the line.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2011, 07:11:51 AM »

Horrible case of cedar allergies bugging me today. I feel as if I'm going to sneeze all day.
― Voltaire

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2011, 07:14:03 AM »

QUATERMASS AND THE PIT is one of my favorite sci-fi movies.

It's extremely well done and has a fascinating plot.

Yes, the ending is a bit over the top, but this is a film that I always enjoy watching.
You can dream…or you can do.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2011, 07:21:29 AM »

My wife and I have an HP printer, and we've had nothing but problems with it.

These days, we just use it as a scanner and print off my older black and white laser printer.

Awhile back, we even got VISA to refund our $150.00 (?) extended warranty fee because, for some unknown reason, HP had neglected to enter our warranty in their computer system, so that when we called for help, they had no record of it.

The next printer we buy will NOT be a HP.

BTW: Sometimes these printer/network problems can be resolved by just unplugging the printer from the power source for one minute, then plugging it in again.  So far, that has worked for me.  Fingers crossed.
You can dream…or you can do.

Doug R

« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2011, 07:26:20 AM »

Cheetah has died.  He was 80.

Wow! I had no idea chimpanzees lived to that age.

Jennifer

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2011, 07:56:43 AM »

Quote from: JMK on December 27, 2011, 12:08:29 PM

Today's The Times They Are A-Changin' Rant:  When I was being raised, we were taught that the "t" in often was silent, and in fact I knew a guy who was working on his Master's Degree at the same time I was working on mine who did a thesis on the different "classes" of people who pronounced the word variously with the "t" silent or not.  In those days (early 80s), saying the "t" was a sign of a less "privileged" socioeconomic upbringing, at least according to this guy's research.  In the ensuing years, things have changed and it's harder and harder to find anyone who pronounces "often" without saying the "t."

DR TCB wrote:
Canadians have always used the "t."

Actually we don't pronounce the "t" here.  Or at least I don't. Some others here might. I say "offen".

Jennifer

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2011, 07:59:23 AM »

We were supposed to get our first big snowstorm of the year 15-25 cms. Only it didn't snow.  I can't remember that ever happening before.

It did rain a lot. I guess it just wasn't cold enough to snow. But we were supposed to get a lot of days with snow over the next week.

:(
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up