Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: BEGINNING THE NEW BOOK  (Read 11248 times)

Doug R

Re: BEGINNING THE NEW BOOK
« Reply #60 on: January 02, 2012, 09:47:05 AM »

Thanks DR JOSE and DR JMK - I will let you know what I think, you KNOW I will.

And yes I agree that Cumberbatch is a right proper last name.

Perhaps DR DOUG R has had the opportunity to view said program as well.

Everyone I know likes it but I don't. I'm a traditionalist. I like my Holmes in a deerstalker, walking through Victorian fog shrouded streets.

Doug R

« Reply #61 on: January 02, 2012, 09:48:19 AM »

Gosh! First time ever I've started a new page. It was entirely accidental.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #62 on: January 02, 2012, 09:49:57 AM »

Everyone I know likes it but I don't. I'm a traditionalist. I like my Holmes in a deerstalker, walking through Victorian fog shrouded streets.

Did you ever see the version with Matt Frewer?  I commented to Betsy that he was either a genius or an idiot with his interpretation, I couldn't quite decide.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #63 on: January 02, 2012, 09:51:04 AM »

What happened to the fence?

See my earlier post--the wolf huffed and he puffed and he blew the damn thing down.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Ginny

« Reply #64 on: January 02, 2012, 09:56:30 AM »

I'm now posting from the iPad that I gave Richard for Christmas.  It's pretty cool!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #65 on: January 02, 2012, 10:02:05 AM »

We're watching the Rose parade on HGTV - looks like a beautiful day in SoCal!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #66 on: January 02, 2012, 10:06:56 AM »

We're watching the Rose parade on HGTV - looks like a beautiful day in SoCal!

I watched the Opening Number, which for a parade, was pretty spectacular. But then the next float up featured Kenny G. Well... No so much. ::)
Make Your Own Luck.

Ginny

« Reply #67 on: January 02, 2012, 10:13:21 AM »

We get annoyed with the announcers who say, "Let's listen to this band," and can only keep quiet for 10 seconds.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #68 on: January 02, 2012, 10:13:46 AM »

Oh...

So, I'll be heading to St. Louis from January 18-20. Mainly "just because", but also because I have a couple of friends in the soon-to-open production of Sunday in the Park with George at The Rep. -And I also have/had some soon-to-expire frequent flyer miles and hotel points.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #69 on: January 02, 2012, 10:14:44 AM »

Oh...

Time for me get ready to venture into downtown Richmond - all 12 blocks of it - with my parents.

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Doug R

« Reply #70 on: January 02, 2012, 10:41:11 AM »

Did you ever see the version with Matt Frewer?  I commented to Betsy that he was either a genius or an idiot with his interpretation, I couldn't quite decide.  ;)

I rather liked him.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #71 on: January 02, 2012, 11:47:20 AM »

I would have sworn that today's topic would be our New Year's Resolutions.  Silly me!
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #72 on: January 02, 2012, 11:48:34 AM »

Quote from: TCB on January 01, 2012, 03:05:02 PM
I went to bed last night, but ended up staying awake until 4:00 a.m.  First I watched (or listened) to the Live at Lincoln Center New Year's Eve Concert.  They were doing an all Gershwin and Bernstein program.  They did CANDIDE and WEST SIDE STORY DANCES for the Bernstein and Concerto in F and the Rhapsody in Blue for Gershwin.  I was not familiar with the piano soloist, Jean-Yves Thibaudet.  Since I know little about music, I  should probably not comment on any parts of it, but it was a nice concert.

Then since it was after eleven, I fiugred that I might as well watch the Space Needle fireworks.  But after that, I could not fall asleep.

DR TCB, if my calculations are correct, factoring in the time difference you were falling asleep about the time Richard and I were leaving for Lima this morning.

Ginny, that must have been the car door slamming I heard as I was drifting off.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 12:56:14 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #73 on: January 02, 2012, 12:03:48 PM »

Here's the direct link to episode five.  It's almost finished "processing" and should be up momentarily.  "Like" if you like, leave comments if you like, and, most importantly, share it on Facebook and with all your friends.

http://youtu.be/CgrhPYR5q5w

Well, Big Happy Pants! ;D I think that this should be TAO's next big show!!

It probably will be, but I won't see it unless Gregory Harrison and DR George are both in the show!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #74 on: January 02, 2012, 12:05:03 PM »

Deranged episode of "Outside the Box." Wonderfully deranged.

I can't wait for the musical version of "Inherit the Wind."

Oh, you little monkey!
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #75 on: January 02, 2012, 12:17:23 PM »

I went to bed last night, but ended up staying awake until 4:00 a.m.  First I watched (or listened) to the Live at Lincoln Center New Year's Eve Concert.  They were doing an all Gershwin and Bernstein program.  They did CANDIDE and WEST SIDE STORY DANCES for the Bernstein and Concerto in F and the Rhapsody in Blue for Gershwin.  I was not familiar with the piano soloist, Jean-Yves Thibaudet.  Since I know little about music, I  should probably not comment on any parts of it, but it was a nice concert.

Then since it was after eleven, I fiugred that I might as well watch the Space Needle fireworks.  But after that, I could not fall asleep.

DR TCB, if my calculations are correct, factoring in the time difference you were falling asleep about the time Richard and I were leaving for Lima this morning.

Ginny, that must have been the car door slamming I  heard as I was drifting off.

We tried to be quiet, DR TCB!

Jennifer

« Reply #76 on: January 02, 2012, 12:22:29 PM »

The violence level is comparable to the Swedish version. There are some very disturbing images of the victims of the serial killer and of the cat (too many of the cat). It's impossible to make the rape of Lisbeth anything but disturbing and her revenge is less graphic than the Swedish version without losing any of its impact. 

The images of the victims wasn't that disturbing to me. Is the rape less graphic? I found the rape and revenge much too graphic. I am guessing that these are less graphic in the US version. Is it actually suitable for a teenageer because to me the Swedish version was 18+.

Jennifer

« Reply #77 on: January 02, 2012, 12:23:58 PM »

The violence level is comparable to the Swedish version. There are some very disturbing images of the victims of the serial killer and of the cat (too many of the cat). It's impossible to make the rape of Lisbeth anything but disturbing and her revenge is less graphic than the Swedish version without losing any of its impact. 

My wife and I were going to see this today, but if an animal gets killed (the cat?), perhaps we'll pass.

Should we pass?
It's a fake cat. But it's disturbing nonetheless.

I don't remember the cat from the books or Swedish movie. So i guess it wasn't that memorable to me.

Jennifer

« Reply #78 on: January 02, 2012, 12:25:22 PM »

I didn't get to see all of the Rose parade. I went over to watch it with my niece. Although she wasn't that focused on it. Her idea of watching is doing something else at the same time. :)

But then at noon she got hungry. And then after that her sister got hungry.  So i will go thru my recording of it later.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: January 02, 2012, 12:29:29 PM »

Oy, the tenants just called.  We had a huge windstorm last night and part of the fence at the rental blew over.

How strange, last night was the first night that we didn't have a wind storm.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #80 on: January 02, 2012, 12:31:46 PM »

I'm up.  I didn't get to sleep until almost three thanks to non-stop and really loud sirens all over the San Fernando Valley - it went on for almost two hours - anything in the news about whatever it was?

Hopefully not more fires!
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: January 02, 2012, 12:35:40 PM »

I've been writing.  First I futzed with, finessed, and made additions to everything I'd written yesterday - that took almost an hour.  Since then I've written about nine pages, so that's pretty good, and I'm sure I'll do more this afternoon.  I wasn't too unhappy with what I'd written - it held my interest and seemed okay to me.  The musical director came and got his music.  I haven't done the jog yet but am about to, and after that I'll probably get something to eat, then try to do another four or five pages.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #82 on: January 02, 2012, 12:36:58 PM »

As to the title of the new book - yes, I've had the title since thinking of it, and no, I'm not quite ready to reveal what it is, although I don't think it would be so hard to guess.  And printing the first line of the book would give it away.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #83 on: January 02, 2012, 12:47:59 PM »

I have always said that friends of mine must be crazy.  Here is my friend, Betzy (and one of the finest actresses I have ever worked with), at Tacoma's Polar Bear Plunge.

http://blog.thenewstribune.com/photo/2012/01/01/pt-defiance-polar-bear-plunge/#id=album-292381&comment-1644=undefined&num=content-5315093

“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #84 on: January 02, 2012, 12:52:53 PM »

What happened to the fence?

See my earlier post--the wolf huffed and he puffed and he blew the damn thing down.  ;)

Wow!  Was that filmed for GRIMM?
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #85 on: January 02, 2012, 12:57:25 PM »

Ginny, that must have been the car door slamming I  heard as I was drifting off.

We tried to be quiet, DR TCB!

I  could have felt a pea under my mattress, which I guess makes me a queen.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 01:15:26 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #86 on: January 02, 2012, 01:01:42 PM »

For DR Cillaliz or any DR who has seen THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO

How violent is this version?  I've seen the Swedish version and read the books. But I am curious since it is for 13+ in US how violent this version is especially compared to the Swedish version (which i liked but found much violence).

I never read the book (s).  I never saw the Sedish version.  And I have no desire to see the new American version, even though I am a fan of Daniel Craig.
“One thing’s universal,

Jennifer

« Reply #87 on: January 02, 2012, 01:19:45 PM »

For DR Cillaliz or any DR who has seen THE GIRL WITH THE DRAGON TATTOO

How violent is this version?  I've seen the Swedish version and read the books. But I am curious since it is for 13+ in US how violent this version is especially compared to the Swedish version (which i liked but found much violence).

I never read the book (s).  I never saw the Sedish version.  And I have no desire to see the new American version, even though I am a fan of Daniel Craig.

I loved the books. They are really great. So sorry we don't get to read the rest of this series (since the author died and the books that were drafts are not being released).  The Swedish versions were very good (although just too much violence for me).

I will definitely see the US version. Just wondering if i should wait for dvd. If it is really graphic then i'd rather have the option of fast forwarding.

FJL

« Reply #88 on: January 02, 2012, 01:45:28 PM »

There is some good news already this year....

Aretha Franklin is engaged!!!!

FJL

« Reply #89 on: January 02, 2012, 01:46:57 PM »

I've been writing.  First I futzed with, finessed, and made additions to everything I'd written yesterday - that took almost an hour. 

Wasn't there a play called FUTZ in the 1960s or 1970s? 
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up