Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TEENY-TINY NUTS  (Read 13231 times)

KevinH

Re: TEENY-TINY NUTS
« Reply #30 on: March 11, 2012, 08:20:52 AM »

DR elmore-sorry to hear about the fire, but am glad it's not too bad a mess.

Hope to see you later!

KevinH

« Reply #31 on: March 11, 2012, 08:21:17 AM »

Would have liked to have seen you too, vixmom!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #32 on: March 11, 2012, 08:23:33 AM »

I am afraid I definitely will not be able to be there today. I was trying to rearrange a couple of things but, sadly,  I was unable to do so

I have a Women's Summit I have to attend from 1 -3 today 
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2012, 08:24:24 AM »

I hope all the mini HHW gathering goes well and that pictures are posted!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2012, 08:26:36 AM »

And the word of the day is: ESCULENT!

And The Song Of The Day Is:  SUPPER TIME

vixmom

« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2012, 08:26:58 AM »

Elmore,  how terribly frightening!  I am so glad you were able to put the fire out in time !  I hope that the clean up is not too onerous 

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #36 on: March 11, 2012, 09:01:44 AM »

One job is down: Joshie's vocal score proof is finished and ready to go back for final work.

I've been tied up with emails concerning Toyland, its inventory and evacuation, possibiities, probabilties, a new office space for the McGlinnventory, and other problems coming up this week. Oy!

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #37 on: March 11, 2012, 09:03:45 AM »

Was reading the posts from yesterday--the idea about a smartphone for TCB.  I have a spare LG Optimus model phone that I would be happy to give to you, TCB.  It works with the Virgin Phone network.  It's a pay as you go type of phone and I believe the cost is now $35.00 a month for unlimited internet/text and I think 300 anytime talk minutes. 

What a FABULOUS offer! That would be perfect for TCB.

I am vey happy with the Virgin $35 plan

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2012, 09:08:24 AM »

Elmore,  how terribly frightening!  I am so glad you were able to put the fire out in time !  I hope that the clean up is not too onerous 

The cleanup went very quickly, thanks to Ajax powder, a good scrub brush, Fantastic, and a lot of paper towels. I am a bit concerned that something burning might have fallen behind the stove and is waiting to burst into flame when I turn my back.

In August 1971, the building in Oxford OH next to my apartment burned and collapsed, killing a fireman. My building was closed so I spent 3-4 weeks driving from home to and from work with no possessions and the few clothes I was able to retrieve before the fire got out of control. In 1973, one of my brother's rooms in my parents' home burned up, due to his clutter and something left in the garbage (I've always assumed it was a joint he and his friend Kenny were smking). All of my property suffered smoke and water damage. I do worry about fires.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 09:15:49 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #39 on: March 11, 2012, 09:09:49 AM »

Thanks to DR KEVIN H for NYC report.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Doug R

« Reply #40 on: March 11, 2012, 09:25:52 AM »

Very warm and sunny today so I've been out gardening.

Kerry

« Reply #41 on: March 11, 2012, 09:26:58 AM »

Be careful out there today, Folks!
I like boat races.

vixmom

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2012, 09:31:31 AM »

Was reading the posts from yesterday--the idea about a smartphone for TCB.  I have a spare LG Optimus model phone that I would be happy to give to you, TCB.  It works with the Virgin Phone network.  It's a pay as you go type of phone and I believe the cost is now $35.00 a month for unlimited internet/text and I think 300 anytime talk minutes.  The reason I switched phones to the LG Optimus Slider was because it didn't have the slide out keyboard.  I was having problems with using the on screen keyboard because of the arthritis in my hands.  I don't know if that would be a problem for  you.

If you think it would help, I would be more than happy to send it to you.

See?  Anderson was right!  You are a sweet lady!!

vixmom

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2012, 09:31:58 AM »

Must get ready for the Summit!  Laters!!

vixmom

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2012, 09:32:12 AM »

TRAVELS VIBES FOR JOSE

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2012, 09:40:42 AM »

Beautiful day here in New York, New York.  Had a fun meeting with Kevin - I just had a small English muffin, so if I don't eat any bread later, that will be fine.  I've also walked one mile so far and will walk at least two more before the evening is done.  While I didn't get to bed until three, thanks to the time change, I slept really well - VERY comfy bed and for once a pillow in a hotel that's actually comfortable.  I slept until ten, so seven good hours of sleep. 

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2012, 09:41:43 AM »

Kevin really wants to bring the Kritzerland shows to New York, so we're going to see how to go about doing that - what venue would work, and how, time-wise, I can make it work.  We already have a year and a half's worth of shows built and ready.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2012, 10:02:53 AM »

Exciting news.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2012, 10:48:52 AM »

For TCB:

This is the phone of which Denise speaks (I think):

Read about it HERE

If you opt to go this way, I could probably help you over the start-up hurdles.

der Brucer

Biggest down-side on this phone - no flash for the camera (All your bedroom videos will need to be at full lighting conditions)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2012, 10:49:03 AM »

Didn't the writer sing the song The Rose on the Oscar show....for some reason?

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2012, 10:50:29 AM »

Maybe not....I don't see anything on the inner webs.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #51 on: March 11, 2012, 10:57:55 AM »

From Vixmom:
Hence the origin of the common saying "While the Keith's away, the coyote will play"

Sorry, I should have mentioned Keith was working in the yard.

Danise

« Reply #52 on: March 11, 2012, 11:13:06 AM »

For TCB:

This is the phone of which Denise speaks (I think):

Read about it HERE

If you opt to go this way, I could probably help you over the start-up hurdles.

der Brucer

Biggest down-side on this phone - no flash for the camera (All your bedroom videos will need to be at full lighting conditions)

Yes that is the very phone I'm talking about.    Thanks for the photo, Der B!   It's in very good shape, about a year old but I never had any problems with it (except for the on screen keyboard).  The phone I bought to replace it is the very same one except it has the slide out keyboard.

I would love to see it get used by a friend who needs it then sit in a drawer.  I would appreciate the help with getting it changed over to TCB because I've never done that but I would guess I would just need to call Virgin and let them know that he is the new owner.

The only other thing I can think of is that you might want to go on Ebay and invest in a longer lasting battery.   Going on the web eats power like you wouldn't believe.  I just bought an extended battery for the new phone and it only cost me around eighteen bucks.   It makes the back of the phone a little larger and you can't buy a snap on case but it is well worth it so you don't have to keep charging the phone as often.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #53 on: March 11, 2012, 11:15:47 AM »

Was reading the posts from yesterday--the idea about a smartphone for TCB.  I have a spare LG Optimus model phone that I would be happy to give to you, TCB.  It works with the Virgin Phone network.  It's a pay as you go type of phone and I believe the cost is now $35.00 a month for unlimited internet/text and I think 300 anytime talk minutes.  The reason I switched phones to the LG Optimus Slider was because it didn't have the slide out keyboard.  I was having problems with using the on screen keyboard because of the arthritis in my hands.  I don't know if that would be a problem for  you.

If you think it would help, I would be more than happy to send it to you.

See?  Anderson was right!  You are a sweet lady!!
Awwww.  I don't know about that. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DERBRUCER

« Reply #54 on: March 11, 2012, 12:08:14 PM »

The serendipity of foot-dragging – or how I got a Smart-Phone at no added cost)

Some 5 years ago, to appease my daughter’s attempts to drag me into the 21st Century, I bought a call phone. I opted for the cheapest deal I could find – a Virgin Mobile dumb-phone with a pay-ss-you-go plan.  The basic cost was $20 every 90 days to keep the phone active; calls would be charged by the minute ($.50 every day I made a call, plus 20 cents/minute for each call. Daughter was, of course, appalled:- I would go broke paying by the minute).

Well, the reason I wanted the phone was to enjoy its “mobile feature”, so, I left it in the car, turned off, unless I was on the go.

I’m not a big “on the go” phone chatter, so I never once needed to add money; in fact, the unused dollars kept accumulating in my account

As time went on, I found the idea a better mobile phone desirable – my aging eyes and shaky fingers made using the phone’s old-fashion keypad entry awkward – and texting by numeric keypad is a night-mare (unless you’re teen-age enabled).

I wanted to keep my old plan and buy a new phone, but Lordy, what ever happened to the $20 cell! The cheapest phone available with a touch-screen for data entry was $90.

On a lark, I emailed Virgin and asked them if I could apply any of the balance of my account to purchasing a new phone; sure, was the reply, you can use you account to purchase anything on our web site.

Well, Mr. kept-his-mouth-shut for five years had accumulated an account balance pushing $400!!! All that money either for a shopping spree or texting contributions  at $5/pop to Haitian Relief.

Charity begins at home.

I spent $280 for the best smart-phone available (A Motorola Triumph) and bought an up-grade for Woody for $90 – and still have money left. To make internet usage cost effective I did have to upgrade my plan to a $35/month version (which a great deal cheaper than most competitive services); that gets me unlimited 3G Internet and 300 minutes/month of vocal chit-chat.
I left Woody’s plan at the $20/90 day limit (he can get Internet by the minute, but it’s pricey) He can however receive text messages and reply with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard.

I am having fun learning the neat things I can do with my Smart Phone:

A.   I have a text version of my Medication list available for Dr. Visits
B.   I have the 1500 record Excel spreadsheet of all our DVD’s handy for viewing when shopping. (And I have a quick-link to IMDB to check on film details) (See Note 1)
C.   I can send photos of merchandise from a store to my daughter to see if that’s the thing she wants.
D.   I can check on restaurants and use a phone hot-link to make a call to check on daily specials or make reservations)
E.   I can check on show times at Movie theatres and buy tickets ahead (at a premium).
F.   I can amuse myself in the Dr’s waiting room reading the current news updates. (Or catch up on Haines His Way – see Note 2)
G.   I can use Amazon to check on prices while out shopping.

Note 1. The Outlet Mall has a recent addition – an OOPS store that sells deeply discounted books, CDs, and DVDs (no Blue Ray yet DVDs are 3 for $15! Lots of Al Pacino, Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson, etc)
Our last DVD shopping binge was at Blockbusters whose close out sale included virtually everything, including Blue Rays, at $3.00 each!

Note 2: Haines His way is a bit clunky to use on a Mobile – even in landscape mode, easily readable type size throws most messages off screen. Plus, you need to expand the screen greatly to be able to touch-activate the page numbers to navigate. Someday maybe we’ll have a Mobile-friendly version that puts the left hand side avatar/stats window on top of the messages (at least puts the Users name in the message heading so you can move the screen to the right while scrolling down).

der Brucer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #55 on: March 11, 2012, 12:14:04 PM »

I only use my Cell Phone if I have a flat tire.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #56 on: March 11, 2012, 12:33:42 PM »

I would appreciate the help with getting it changed over to TCB because I've never done that but I would guess I would just need to call Virgin and let them know that he is the new owner.

The only other thing I can think of is that you might want to go on Ebay and invest in a longer lasting battery.  

A: "GIFTING" YOUR OLD VIRGIN PHONE

Earn free airtime after you swap your phone
If you've just gotten another Virgin Mobile phone for yourself, why not give your old Virgin Mobile phone to someone else?

Pass it on to a friend and they could get 60 minutes in bonus airtime when they reactivate your old phone and Top-Up for the first time.

Better than that, you could get a 60 minutes airtime bonus, too.

Just make sure to switch your phone number to a new Virgin Mobile phone before you give your old phone to anyone else.

B. On battery use.

Those of us who are mobi9lity-challenged have nifty work-arounds:

In the home environment have a AC-to-USB cord connector at the end of an extention cord by your arm chair/sofa and another by your bed; move your phone with its mini USb/USB cord attached.

In the on-the-go environment - have a 12VDV/USB charger in your car to hook up your phone.

Rearely are you going to out and about with your phone on draining the battery.

(Now if I were gadding about on day trips using mass transit I might have second thoughts on a bigger battery.)

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #57 on: March 11, 2012, 12:40:08 PM »

I only use my Cell Phone if I have a flat tire.

Well, actually they come in quite handy if you're running late for an appoinment; a quick text is a lot easier than stopping at a gas station to make a phone call and a lot more polite than letting your host hanging.

der Brucer

Also, if you have relatives in a rural area that always fail to plan more than 20 minutes ahead, it's nice to text "Will be passing the Market in 10 minuts - need anything?" when driving up to a family get-together.

(It also helps to have a passanger to do the texting.)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #58 on: March 11, 2012, 12:49:32 PM »

LOL DR derBRUCER - you are assuming I am polite.

Ginny

« Reply #59 on: March 11, 2012, 12:52:58 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  I survived the time change and actually slept better than I usually do on clock-changing nights.  For the first time in several weeks, it was dark and cold when we left for Lima, but it was sunny and warm for the return.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up