Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TEENY-TINY NUTS  (Read 13331 times)

Danise

Re: TEENY-TINY NUTS
« Reply #60 on: March 11, 2012, 12:53:27 PM »

I normally don't have battery problems but when I was getting all the phone calls/txts/emails from the AC show producer, my battery was barely making it though the whole day at work until I could get it home and on the charger.  I expect the same will happen when things get going with Angies List so I thought a better battery might be a good investment.

I also love the new SkyVi app and the Advanced Task Killer Froyo.  SkyVi makes the Android more like the Apple phone in that it can talk to you and you to it.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #61 on: March 11, 2012, 12:54:21 PM »

Page 3 dance!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #62 on: March 11, 2012, 12:55:28 PM »

Gotta go.  Got a date with a chicken I'm going to bake. ;)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #63 on: March 11, 2012, 12:55:30 PM »

LOL DR derBRUCER - you are assuming I am polite.

It's that old HHW adage:  "when in doubt, give the benefit of same".

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

DERBRUCER

« Reply #64 on: March 11, 2012, 01:02:19 PM »

I survived the time change ...

When you get older you'll come to resent the lost hour - I mean, who knows if we'll be around in Nov to get it back.

der Brucer

DERBRUCER

« Reply #65 on: March 11, 2012, 01:04:03 PM »

Got a date with a chicken I'm going to bake. ;)

Hansel or Gretel?

der Brucer

Ginny

« Reply #66 on: March 11, 2012, 01:10:11 PM »

When you get older you'll come to resent the lost hour - I mean, who knows if we'll be around in Nov to get it back.

der Brucer

Well, there is that, DR der Brucer...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #67 on: March 11, 2012, 01:12:06 PM »

I just had a fire in my kitchen. In my preoccupied state I set an empty bag of chips on a low flame, went back to work and shortly smelled something burning. Luckily the fire involved only the counter, sink and stove. It could have been much worse, although now I need to make time and clean up the damned mess.

elmore, I am certainly glad that the fire wasn't any worse.   I think you need a bit of a diversion this afternoon.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #68 on: March 11, 2012, 01:13:42 PM »

Good morning, DR Danise! I am fine, thanks, grateful that there wasn't a worse fire, and there could have been if the burning bag had fallen into the recyclable paper bin. Everything's cleaned up now, and I've discovered that Ajax scouring powder and a god brush will clean melted plastic off sharp knives. I'm also thoroughly pissed over my stupidity in not turning off the gas burner when I finished my coffee. That was the stupidest move so far this morning.

Is a god brush only good to use on Sunday?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #69 on: March 11, 2012, 01:14:37 PM »

Did everybody who has to turn their clocks ahead?

I did most of mine last night. Plus the others change automatically.

Yup thanks.  We did ours last night & woke up at the usual time, thanks to Keith, this morning.  Now I'm sleepy.

Jane

« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2012, 01:14:49 PM »

First, thanks to all for the travel vibes yesterday.  I got  here without a hitch!

:)

Jane

« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2012, 01:16:47 PM »

Elmore,  how terribly frightening!  I am so glad you were able to put the fire out in time !  I hope that the clean up is not too onerous 

The cleanup went very quickly, thanks to Ajax powder, a good scrub brush, Fantastic, and a lot of paper towels. I am a bit concerned that something burning might have fallen behind the stove and is waiting to burst into flame when I turn my back.

In August 1971, the building in Oxford OH next to my apartment burned and collapsed, killing a fireman. My building was closed so I spent 3-4 weeks driving from home to and from work with no possessions and the few clothes I was able to retrieve before the fire got out of control. In 1973, one of my brother's rooms in my parents' home burned up, due to his clutter and something left in the garbage (I've always assumed it was a joint he and his friend Kenny were smking). All of my property suffered smoke and water damage. I do worry about fires.

I'm very glad the fire wasn't uncontrollable. 

VIBES YOU DON'T EXPERIENCE ANY MORE FIRES!!!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2012, 01:21:50 PM »

Was reading the posts from yesterday--the idea about a smartphone for TCB.  I have a spare LG Optimus model phone that I would be happy to give to you, TCB.  It works with the Virgin Phone network.  It's a pay as you go type of phone and I believe the cost is now $35.00 a month for unlimited internet/text and I think 300 anytime talk minutes.  The reason I switched phones to the LG Optimus Slider was because it didn't have the slide out keyboard.  I was having problems with using the on screen keyboard because of the arthritis in my hands.  I don't know if that would be a problem for  you.

If you think it would help, I would be more than happy to send it to you.

That is a very kind and generous offer, Danise.  Let me check things out and I will get back to you.  I definately need a keyboard that  I can actually use.
“One thing’s universal,

DERBRUCER

« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2012, 01:22:00 PM »

Question for BK:

If memory serves, when you left Varese Sarabande you took your catalog to The Label Whose Name Can Not Be Spoken (TLWNCNBS).

With the demiise of the high-jacked TLWNCNBS, what happened to the catalog?

I ask becasue I was looking up the Cast Reording for PLAY ON and found no new producers (just off label sellers).

der Brucer

Or do I need to wait for the book?

Ginny

« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2012, 01:25:32 PM »

DR Elmore - I don't remember the 1977 fire in your family's home, but understand why you're concerned to this day about fire.  Just this past week, I singed a potholder on a stove burner.  The really scary part is that the potholder was wrapped around my hand at the time  :o
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Ginny

« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2012, 01:30:36 PM »

DR TCB - Richard had trouble with the on-screen keyboard on his iPhone, but has started using this stylus/pen combo and it's been a big help.  If you end up taking DR Danise's phone, I will send you a stylus as a get-well gift!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2012, 01:32:29 PM »

On the subject of proofing:

Yesterday, while reading Stephen Citron's book about Sondheim and Lloyd Webber, I came across a photo from A Little Night Music of Desiree (Glynis Johns, her daughter (Judy Kahan) and her maid (Despo). The latter looks nothing like Hermione Gingold, yet the woman is identified in the caption as being Desiree's mother. The book makes some other deplorable mistakes, including writing about how "Every Day a Little Death" is composed in a variation of 3/4 time, when it is not. (My vocal score has it in 4/4 and Sondheim himself has spoken a great deal about how it is not one of the waltz variations.)

This morning, in the musical overview, "Strike Up the Band," author Scott Miller writes about "composer Noble Sissle" and his score for "Shuffle Along" before repeating a quote that was from the show's real composer, Eubie Blake. Sissle was lyricist.

Yet, hard as we try when we edit, mistakes will get past people.

The author probably asked Ms Johns on one of her drinking days who was in the picture with her.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2012, 01:32:37 PM »

Beautiful day here in New York, New York.  Had a fun meeting with Kevin - I just had a small English muffin, so if I don't eat any bread later, that will be fine.  I've also walked one mile so far and will walk at least two more before the evening is done.  While I didn't get to bed until three, thanks to the time change, I slept really well - VERY comfy bed and for once a pillow in a hotel that's actually comfortable.  I slept until ten, so seven good hours of sleep. 

I only use my Cell Phone if I have a flat tire.

(It also helps to have a passanger to do the texting.)

;D

I'm enjoying your phone stories.  Gosh I've missed you.

Jane

« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2012, 01:34:12 PM »

Sunday afternoon greetings!  I survived the time change and actually slept better than I usually do on clock-changing nights. 

:)

I hope you still feel the same way tomorrow.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2012, 01:37:28 PM »

To top of my day, I was invited by BK to join him and his friend Walter at Joe Allen's after the show.  I spotted them right away --they had a great view of the entrance.  Walter was interesting and friendly and BK was as funny as ever.

Brent and Bernie joined us not long after.  I do believe they were quite surprised to see me, but were gracious as always. 

I really enjoyed myself and heard some discussion of Brent's possible participation in Outside the Box--I'm sure it will be hilarious!

Thanks again to BK for inviting me----it was so great of you!

Speaking of Brent, I was curious to know if Brent had any desire to return to Vegas to do POTO one more time before it closes.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2012, 01:50:13 PM »

der Brucer

I suppose so.  :-\   ;D

Jane

« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2012, 01:51:35 PM »

DR Elmore - I don't remember the 1977 fire in your family's home, but understand why you're concerned to this day about fire.  Just this past week, I singed a potholder on a stove burner.  The really scary part is that the potholder was wrapped around my hand at the time  :o

Scary for sure.  I'm glad you are ok.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2012, 01:52:00 PM »

I only use my Cell Phone if I have a flat tire.

And it is able to lift the car as well as a jack?
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2012, 01:57:09 PM »

This morning I found little droppings of blood had been tracked through the house.  I followed the trail & cleaned them up while Keith checked Sherlock out.  Somehow Sherlock scraped the pad of his foot and is now wearing one of my socks to protect it.  Keith looked on the deck & in the dog run & can't see what might have caused it.

Jane

« Reply #84 on: March 11, 2012, 01:57:27 PM »

Craig came home from playing basket ball, with teachers at the elementary school he works at, & wondered why Sherlock was wearing a sock.  I noticed Craig was wearing his contacts instead of his glasses & asked if it was to protect his face from getting his glasses smashed into it.  He responded, yes like today when I got elbowed in the nose.   ::)  He was a bit woozy at first but fortunately his nose wasn't broken.  :)

Danise

« Reply #85 on: March 11, 2012, 02:03:34 PM »

Was reading the posts from yesterday--the idea about a smartphone for TCB.  I have a spare LG Optimus model phone that I would be happy to give to you, TCB.  It works with the Virgin Phone network.  It's a pay as you go type of phone and I believe the cost is now $35.00 a month for unlimited internet/text and I think 300 anytime talk minutes.  The reason I switched phones to the LG Optimus Slider was because it didn't have the slide out keyboard.  I was having problems with using the on screen keyboard because of the arthritis in my hands.  I don't know if that would be a problem for  you.

If you think it would help, I would be more than happy to send it to you.

That is a very kind and generous offer, Danise.  Let me check things out and I will get back to you.  I definately need a keyboard that  I can actually use.
No problem.  I don't know about the pen/styles thing DR Ginny spoke of but it would be GREAT if that would help. :)
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #86 on: March 11, 2012, 02:06:17 PM »

der Brucer

I suppose so.  :-\   ;D

I just remembered, we gained an entire day this year so losing one hour isn't a big deal. ;)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #87 on: March 11, 2012, 02:13:31 PM »

DR Ginny, the fire in my parents' home was in September of 1973; I didn't know you then.

I didb't go to the gathering; I lost time this morning because of the fire, and Iwas really leery about going out for a couple of hours in case a bit of burning something was smoldering outside my sight. It's better for my peace of mind to work here.

I finished all of the full scores that need editing and Josh's vocal score, so now I cn buckel down to the recording booklet.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #88 on: March 11, 2012, 02:14:45 PM »

Good morning, DR Danise! I am fine, thanks, grateful that there wasn't a worse fire, and there could have been if the burning bag had fallen into the recyclable paper bin. Everything's cleaned up now, and I've discovered that Ajax scouring powder and a god brush will clean melted plastic off sharp knives. I'm also thoroughly pissed over my stupidity in not turning off the gas burner when I finished my coffee. That was the stupidest move so far this morning.

Is a god brush only good to use on Sunday?

I suggest you find one to keep around the place before your surgery.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #89 on: March 11, 2012, 02:16:23 PM »

On the subject of proofing:

Yesterday, while reading Stephen Citron's book about Sondheim and Lloyd Webber, I came across a photo from A Little Night Music of Desiree (Glynis Johns, her daughter (Judy Kahan) and her maid (Despo). The latter looks nothing like Hermione Gingold, yet the woman is identified in the caption as being Desiree's mother. The book makes some other deplorable mistakes, including writing about how "Every Day a Little Death" is composed in a variation of 3/4 time, when it is not. (My vocal score has it in 4/4 and Sondheim himself has spoken a great deal about how it is not one of the waltz variations.)

This morning, in the musical overview, "Strike Up the Band," author Scott Miller writes about "composer Noble Sissle" and his score for "Shuffle Along" before repeating a quote that was from the show's real composer, Eubie Blake. Sissle was lyricist.

Yet, hard as we try when we edit, mistakes will get past people.

The author probably asked Ms Johns on one of her drinking days who was in the picture with her.

I had a couple of run ins with that author at the Drama Book Shop. He was married ro some lady who was more well-known than he. He was not the brightest bulb in the lamp.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6   Go Up