Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: TEENY-TINY NUTS  (Read 13388 times)

Ginny

Re: TEENY-TINY NUTS
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2012, 02:33:17 PM »

DR Elmore - I don't remember the 1977 fire in your family's home, but understand why you're concerned to this day about fire.  Just this past week, I singed a potholder on a stove burner.  The really scary part is that the potholder was wrapped around my hand at the time  :o

DR Ginny, the fire in my parents' home was in September of 1973; I didn't know you then.

Oh, I had just moved to Middletown.  If you'd told me then that I'd still be here 38+ years later, I'd have told you NO WAY!

Hmm, where did I get 1977?  Maybe I'm not as rested as I thought...
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 02:42:15 PM by Ginny »
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2012, 02:50:11 PM »

Craig came home from playing basket ball, with teachers at the elementary school he works at, & wondered why Sherlock was wearing a sock.  I noticed Craig was wearing his contacts instead of his glasses & asked if it was to protect his face from getting his glasses smashed into it.  He responded, yes like today when I got elbowed in the nose.   ::)  He was a bit woozy at first but fortunately his nose wasn't broken.  :)

I'm glad he is okay.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #92 on: March 11, 2012, 02:51:52 PM »

If you'd told me then that I'd still be here 38+ years later, I'd have told you NO WAY!

Sigh, so sad, another Broadway Star shunted off the track to fame to a simple life in Oblivion Middletown. But then 38 years ago you probably weren't contemplating the joys of Grannyhood.

Now you can lay awake nights pondering the answer to the ultimste question "What should the Baby call you?"

Nana - nope, that's the Darling Dog
Gram - nope that's a cracker
Granny - nope, that's a knot
Mum-Mum - nope, that's what a stuttreing florist sells

Life still has its challenges ahead.

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #93 on: March 11, 2012, 02:52:17 PM »

Was reading the posts from yesterday--the idea about a smartphone for TCB.  I have a spare LG Optimus model phone that I would be happy to give to you, TCB.  It works with the Virgin Phone network.  It's a pay as you go type of phone and I believe the cost is now $35.00 a month for unlimited internet/text and I think 300 anytime talk minutes.  The reason I switched phones to the LG Optimus Slider was because it didn't have the slide out keyboard.  I was having problems with using the on screen keyboard because of the arthritis in my hands.  I don't know if that would be a problem for  you.

If you think it would help, I would be more than happy to send it to you.

That is a very kind and generous offer, Danise.  Let me check things out and I will get back to you.  I definately need a keyboard that  I can actually use.
No problem.  I don't know about the pen/styles thing DR Ginny spoke of but it would be GREAT if that would help. :)

Please forgive my stupidity.  So, the keyboard is on the screen?
“One thing’s universal,

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #94 on: March 11, 2012, 02:54:59 PM »

Who's on first?
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #95 on: March 11, 2012, 02:57:18 PM »

Good morning, DR Danise! I am fine, thanks, grateful that there wasn't a worse fire, and there could have been if the burning bag had fallen into the recyclable paper bin. Everything's cleaned up now, and I've discovered that Ajax scouring powder and a god brush will clean melted plastic off sharp knives. I'm also thoroughly pissed over my stupidity in not turning off the gas burner when I finished my coffee. That was the stupidest move so far this morning.

Is a god brush only good to use on Sunday?

I suggest you find one to keep around the place before your surgery.

Believe me, I dream of being able to clean up areas of my place, take extra stacks of cardboard out to the recycling, and taking out the newspapers and cans, etc.  I'm just not able to do anything.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #96 on: March 11, 2012, 03:00:18 PM »

If you'd told me then that I'd still be here 38+ years later, I'd have told you NO WAY!

Sigh, so sad, another Broadway Star shunted off the track to fame to a simple life in Oblivion Middletown. But then 38 years ago you probably weren't contemplating the joys of Grannyhood.

Now you can lay awake nights pondering the answer to the ultimste question "What should the Baby call you?"

der Brucer

My mother opted for Gram.  By the time she died, my sister and I called her Gram, my friends and co-workers knew her as Gram, and my sister in-law's family and her friends all called her Gram.
“One thing’s universal,

Ginny

« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2012, 03:02:52 PM »

der Brucer

My mother opted for Gram.  By the time she died, my sister and I called her Gram, my friends and co-workers knew her as Gram, and my sister in-law's family and her friends all called her Gram.

Do you guys know something I don't?

Anyway, MY mother is Gram.  We'll cross that bridge when we get there...
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2012, 03:09:21 PM »

der Brucer

Do you guys know something I don't?

Anyway, MY mother is Gram.  We'll cross that bridge when we get there...

I was merely discussing what my mother opted to use.  I will let der Brucer respond to any inside info.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2012, 03:18:44 PM »

DR TCB - Richard had trouble with the on-screen keyboard on his iPhone, but has started using this stylus/pen combo and it's been a big help.  If you end up taking DR Danise's phone, I will send you a stylus as a get-well gift!

Sorry, Ginny, I forgot to respond to your post.  If I opt to use Danise's  phone, I would be delighted to receive a stylus.  Thank you.  I feel like I am back in the early 90s all over again.  In those days, my techmology score was a -5.  Now I feel the same way about LG, androids, ipads, ibrows, think pads, and all the rest that I don't even know the names.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #100 on: March 11, 2012, 03:29:19 PM »

Craig came home from playing basket ball, with teachers at the elementary school he works at, & wondered why Sherlock was wearing a sock.  I noticed Craig was wearing his contacts instead of his glasses & asked if it was to protect his face from getting his glasses smashed into it.  He responded, yes like today when I got elbowed in the nose.   ::)  He was a bit woozy at first but fortunately his nose wasn't broken.  :)

I'm glad he is okay.

Thanks. 

Jane

« Reply #101 on: March 11, 2012, 03:30:58 PM »

der Brucer

I want to be a Grammy but my children aren't cooperating. :(   

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #102 on: March 11, 2012, 03:40:19 PM »

I managed to get to HHW on my cell phone, and I even managed to get to today's posts; but, 1) the font was so small even my cheaters didn't help that much, and 2) I had no idea how to post from there.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #103 on: March 11, 2012, 03:41:11 PM »

Maybe I will try it tonight on my Kindle.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #104 on: March 11, 2012, 03:43:06 PM »

I can enlarge the print on my Nook & expect you can do so on your Kindle.

Ginny

« Reply #105 on: March 11, 2012, 03:44:16 PM »

DR TCB - Richard had trouble with the on-screen keyboard on his iPhone, but has started using this stylus/pen combo and it's been a big help.  If you end up taking DR Danise's phone, I will send you a stylus as a get-well gift!

Sorry, Ginny, I forgot to respond to your post.  If I opt to use Danise's  phone, I would be delighted to receive a stylus.  Thank you.  I feel like I am back in the early 90s all over again.  In those days, my techmology score was a -5.  Now I feel the same way about LG, androids, ipads, ibrows, think pads, and all the rest that I don't even know the names.

You're welcome, DR TCB.  Just let me know if you get any kind of device with a touchscreen.  Otherwise, I'll sent you something else...

Ginny

« Reply #106 on: March 11, 2012, 03:45:18 PM »

Using the Kindle for internet access is clunky, at best.  Unless you have a Kindle Fire, in which case you need a stylus.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #107 on: March 11, 2012, 03:53:18 PM »

So the Spartans won the Big 10 Championship game today.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #108 on: March 11, 2012, 03:59:02 PM »

I am able to enlarge the font on my Kindle, it was my cell phone that I could barely read.
“One thing’s universal,

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #109 on: March 11, 2012, 04:03:15 PM »

On the subject of proofing:

Yesterday, while reading Stephen Citron's book about Sondheim and Lloyd Webber, I came across a photo from A Little Night Music of Desiree (Glynis Johns, her daughter (Judy Kahan) and her maid (Despo). The latter looks nothing like Hermione Gingold, yet the woman is identified in the caption as being Desiree's mother. The book makes some other deplorable mistakes, including writing about how "Every Day a Little Death" is composed in a variation of 3/4 time, when it is not. (My vocal score has it in 4/4 and Sondheim himself has spoken a great deal about how it is not one of the waltz variations.)

This morning, in the musical overview, "Strike Up the Band," author Scott Miller writes about "composer Noble Sissle" and his score for "Shuffle Along" before repeating a quote that was from the show's real composer, Eubie Blake. Sissle was lyricist.

Yet, hard as we try when we edit, mistakes will get past people.

The author probably asked Ms Johns on one of her drinking days who was in the picture with her.
After "Mary Poppins" and "The Ref," Ms. Johns can do no wrong.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #110 on: March 11, 2012, 04:04:37 PM »

On the subject of proofing:

Yesterday, while reading Stephen Citron's book about Sondheim and Lloyd Webber, I came across a photo from A Little Night Music of Desiree (Glynis Johns, her daughter (Judy Kahan) and her maid (Despo). The latter looks nothing like Hermione Gingold, yet the woman is identified in the caption as being Desiree's mother. The book makes some other deplorable mistakes, including writing about how "Every Day a Little Death" is composed in a variation of 3/4 time, when it is not. (My vocal score has it in 4/4 and Sondheim himself has spoken a great deal about how it is not one of the waltz variations.)

This morning, in the musical overview, "Strike Up the Band," author Scott Miller writes about "composer Noble Sissle" and his score for "Shuffle Along" before repeating a quote that was from the show's real composer, Eubie Blake. Sissle was lyricist.

Yet, hard as we try when we edit, mistakes will get past people.

The author probably asked Ms Johns on one of her drinking days who was in the picture with her.

I had a couple of run ins with that author at the Drama Book Shop. He was married ro some lady who was more well-known than he. He was not the brightest bulb in the lamp.
Which one, Citron or Miller?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #111 on: March 11, 2012, 04:05:54 PM »

Long day. Paella Challenge had to be covered (and the weather for it was glorious, sunny and healthful feeling). Then one of the city's most famous restaurateurs died. So much for any time off.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #112 on: March 11, 2012, 04:05:57 PM »

I am able to enlarge the font on my Kindle, it was my cell phone that I could barely read.

Oops, sorry. :)

Jane

« Reply #113 on: March 11, 2012, 04:06:59 PM »

DR John I'm sorry if you lost a friend today.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: March 11, 2012, 04:23:13 PM »

Long day. Paella Challenge had to be covered (and the weather for it was glorious, sunny and healthful feeling). Then one of the city's most famous restaurateurs died. So much for any time off.

Were you friends?
“One thing’s universal,

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #115 on: March 11, 2012, 04:46:38 PM »

To top of my day, I was invited by BK to join him and his friend Walter at Joe Allen's after the show.  I spotted them right away --they had a great view of the entrance.  Walter was interesting and friendly and BK was as funny as ever.

Brent and Bernie joined us not long after.  I do believe they were quite surprised to see me, but were gracious as always. 

I really enjoyed myself and heard some discussion of Brent's possible participation in Outside the Box--I'm sure it will be hilarious!

Thanks again to BK for inviting me----it was so great of you!

Speaking of Brent, I was curious to know if Brent had any desire to return to Vegas to do POTO one more time before it closes.

or indeed to the lovely state of Washington to perform a private show
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: March 11, 2012, 04:49:14 PM »

To top of my day, I was invited by BK to join him and his friend Walter at Joe Allen's after the show.  I spotted them right away --they had a great view of the entrance.  Walter was interesting and friendly and BK was as funny as ever.

Brent and Bernie joined us not long after.  I do believe they were quite surprised to see me, but were gracious as always. 

I really enjoyed myself and heard some discussion of Brent's possible participation in Outside the Box--I'm sure it will be hilarious!

Speaking of Brent, I was curious to know if Brent had any desire to return to Vegas to do POTO one more time before it closes.

Now, vixmom, we can't hope for the impossible dream.
“One thing’s universal,

Laura

« Reply #117 on: March 11, 2012, 04:49:42 PM »

Good afternoon.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: March 11, 2012, 04:50:39 PM »

Good afternoon.

Hey, Laura, I hope today was a better day than yesterday for you.
“One thing’s universal,

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #119 on: March 11, 2012, 04:51:10 PM »

Now, vixmom, we can't hope for the impossible dream.

To reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeach the unreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeachable staaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar
« Last Edit: March 11, 2012, 05:07:40 PM by vixmom »
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up