Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: MUTANT WORDS  (Read 42238 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: MUTANT WORDS
« Reply #120 on: March 30, 2012, 04:58:22 PM »

Listening to music.

DERBRUCER

• Let's hear it for the Bruces
« Reply #121 on: March 30, 2012, 05:05:41 PM »

Were the people on the Californian ever reprimanded or brought up on charges?

There is still no agreement on whether or not the Californian was the other ship:

See:  CALIFORNIAN

der Brucer
We live in a universe not of clocks but of clouds.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #122 on: March 30, 2012, 05:07:35 PM »

I'm feeling slightly giddy.  I don't know why.

Other than it's Friday, it's Payday, and there is a lot of buzzing excitement over the Mega Millions jackpot which is now at a record-sharring $650 million.  Can you imagine what you'd do with that kind of money?

Actually...no.  That is soooo much money that, other than hope to become an investor in Kritzerland, I would have absolutely no idea where to start.

:D

I read an article on why you don't want to win this.  I had heard before how many people end up bankrupt and/or divorced.

I'd love to have to opportunity to find out if I would go bankrupt. ;)

I saw a video clip yesterday with Suze Orman and she said that most of the time the main problem (not the only problem, of course) is because they get it all in one lump sum.  If you parse it out over 25 or so years, it's much more manageable AND you only pay taxes on what you get each time, so your taxes would be much, Much, MUCH (that's three muches) less.

Did she mention setting up a trust fund to reduce the taxes & make it all more manageable?

I think so...a trust fund sounds familiar.  I didn't see very much of the clip, though.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Danise

« Reply #123 on: March 30, 2012, 05:19:38 PM »

Hi all.   Sorry for not posting last night.  i was so tired I went to bed very early.

Many thanks to Dr George for the DVD's.  I gave one to the finance guy for our retirement fund down at work.  I was asking him questions about the best thing to do about the money when I get it.  Got some good advise about that and on some other matters.

I found out that if i want the room I will have to pay $500.00 for the stamp/seal and I have to pay for the room to be drawn by an architect and all the permits.  Someone told me it could total a couple thousand.  Thank goodness I'll be getting that money from Frigidare.  I wouldn't be able to afford it.

Turner left several permits open so those will have to taken care of as well.  I was so upset because they will have to be moved to Sergios name.  I'm just so worried that there will be something Turner didn't do and somehow it will be on Sergios record.  That would not be right.  I can't stand the thought that someone who trying to help me might get hurt for something that monster did or did NOT do.

Dr Elmore, thank you for the Michael Ball email!  :)  I haven't had time to watch it yet but I will.

Vibes to all who need them.

DR TCB I'm so glad you got the phone.  I hope it works well for you.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

KevinH

« Reply #124 on: March 30, 2012, 05:24:13 PM »

I picked up a box at the post office.   Looking forward to reading the book--thanks for the bonus item, BK!

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #125 on: March 30, 2012, 05:25:28 PM »

DR Danise I wouldn't worry too much about the permits.  The new contractor should fix any error's the old one made. I'm not sure it is a terrible blight on a contractor's name if they don't pass inspection.  They will just be requested to fix any problems and it shouldn't be a big deal.  That's my take on it from personal experience.

Ginny

« Reply #126 on: March 30, 2012, 05:26:08 PM »

We've had a pretty spectacular thunderstorm and it's cooled off quite a bit.  Very refreshing.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #127 on: March 30, 2012, 05:27:17 PM »

I hope Mr. & Mrs Druxy are well today.

Jane

« Reply #128 on: March 30, 2012, 05:28:12 PM »

We've had a pretty spectacular thunderstorm and it's cooled off quite a bit.  Very refreshing.

It seems too early for refreshing thunderstorms.

Danise

« Reply #129 on: March 30, 2012, 05:28:15 PM »

I hope Mr. & Mrs Druxy are well today.
  Me too!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #130 on: March 30, 2012, 05:29:17 PM »

There are no new or interesting pictures in the book that you haven't already seen DR TCB.....FULL SERVICE, the book, that is.

I like A NIGHT TO REMEMBER - but so many of the people are archetypes instead of named characters, that it's hard to find someone to care about......

I like it specifically for that reason - it just presents the story, which I find more than dramatic enough.  Interestingly, the most moving thing in the film for me is when the musicians stay on and begin playing Nearer My God to Thee.  A wonderful moment.  Were the people on the Californian ever reprimanded or brought up on charges?

Not really.  There is a large group of people called Lordites who have pushed over the years the beilief that the Californian was never close enough to have seen the Titanic, or vise versa.  They have tried to rewrite history to show that there were two other ships sitting between the Titanic and the Californian.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

KevinH

« Reply #131 on: March 30, 2012, 05:30:30 PM »

I may be E&T. I'm possibly expecting a windfall and will have to consult with lawyers, financial consultants, etc.  

Danise

« Reply #132 on: March 30, 2012, 05:31:55 PM »

DR Danise I wouldn't worry too much about the permits.  The new contractor should fix any error's the old one made. I'm not sure it is a terrible blight on a contractor's name if they don't pass inspection.  They will just be requested to fix any problems and it shouldn't be a big deal.  That's my take on it from personal experience.
I hope so.  I just don't trust anything Turner did.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #133 on: March 30, 2012, 05:33:44 PM »

There are no new or interesting pictures in the book that you haven't already seen DR TCB.....FULL SERVICE, the book, that is.

I like A NIGHT TO REMEMBER - but so many of the people are archetypes instead of named characters, that it's hard to find someone to care about......

I like it specifically for that reason - it just presents the story, which I find more than dramatic enough.  Interestingly, the most moving thing in the film for me is when the musicians stay on and begin playing Nearer My God to Thee.  A wonderful moment.  Were the people on the Californian ever reprimanded or brought up on charges?

Not really.  There is a large group of people called Lordites who have pushed over the years the beilief that the Californian was never close enough to have seen the Titanic, or vise versa.  They have tried to rewrite history to show that there were two other ships sitting between the Titanic and the Californian.

It was my understanding laws requiring someone at the radio at all times were put into effect after the Titanic sank.

Jane

« Reply #134 on: March 30, 2012, 05:34:09 PM »

I may be E&T. I'm possibly expecting a windfall and will have to consult with lawyers, financial consultants, etc.  

;D

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #135 on: March 30, 2012, 05:34:14 PM »

Just last week Zach asked me how much longer it would be until Current TV fired Keith Olbermann.  The answer is:  yesterday.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

KevinH

« Reply #136 on: March 30, 2012, 05:35:16 PM »

I picked up "My Week with Marilyn" at the Redbox at the supermarket.  I've heard good things about it.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #137 on: March 30, 2012, 05:38:30 PM »

Warner has licensed virtually the entire Samuel Goldwyn catalog, which means we may finally be able to see Frances in HD.  ;)
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #138 on: March 30, 2012, 05:40:57 PM »

It was my understanding laws requiring someone at the radio at all times were put into effect after the Titanic sank.

Yes, eventually it became a requirement.
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #139 on: March 30, 2012, 05:42:00 PM »

So whichever ship or ships didn't catch the distress signal there wouldn't have been any legal charges made against them.

Danise

« Reply #140 on: March 30, 2012, 05:45:44 PM »

Woo and Hoo!  Good luck!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #141 on: March 30, 2012, 05:46:49 PM »

Hi all.   Sorry for not posting last night.  i was so tired I went to bed very early.

Many thanks to Dr George for the DVD's.  I gave one to the finance guy for our retirement fund down at work.  I was asking him questions about the best thing to do about the money when I get it.  Got some good advise about that and on some other matters.

I found out that if i want the room I will have to pay $500.00 for the stamp/seal and I have to pay for the room to be drawn by an architect and all the permits.  Someone told me it could total a couple thousand.  Thank goodness I'll be getting that money from Frigidare.  I wouldn't be able to afford it.

Turner left several permits open so those will have to taken care of as well.  I was so upset because they will have to be moved to Sergios name.  I'm just so worried that there will be something Turner didn't do and somehow it will be on Sergios record.  That would not be right.  I can't stand the thought that someone who trying to help me might get hurt for something that monster did or did NOT do.

Dr Elmore, thank you for the Michael Ball email!  :)  I haven't had time to watch it yet but I will.

It isn't a DVD, DR Danise; it's a bootleg of CD of the show.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ginny

« Reply #142 on: March 30, 2012, 05:47:04 PM »

Yeah, but it's also too early for temps in the 80's, too!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: March 30, 2012, 05:49:23 PM »

I think you are needlessly worrying over these permits, DR Danise. For one thing, these companies working for you are loaded, and it's all publicity and advertising fees for them. If you're lucky, maybe they wll then sue the ass, too, for the extra fees.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #144 on: March 30, 2012, 05:51:10 PM »

LMAO!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #145 on: March 30, 2012, 05:54:23 PM »

There is still no agreement on whether or not the Californian was the other ship:

der Brucer

When I was out at the wreck site, there was a Lordite who was one of the guest speakers.  He and I clashed early on, and he wouldn't call on me after he found out that I didn't agree with him.  The last night we were at the site, he put on this huge demonstation to prove that it was impossible for the Titanic and the Californian to have seen each other.  First he had this other ship sail out something like 6.5 miles and then we watched from the deck as the other ship set off rockets, which were quite visable.  Then the ship sailed out another 6.5 miles (or something like that) and then they set off rockets again.  The Lordite was speaking from the bridge, and all of us were standing at the rails when he triumphantly shouted, "Fire your rockets."

Even without the use of binoulars, everyone on board our ship started shouting, "I can see them!"
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 07:21:36 PM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,

Jane

« Reply #146 on: March 30, 2012, 05:54:39 PM »

Yeah, but it's also too early for temps in the 80's, too!

Exactly, too early that you need to be cooled down. ;)

Jane

« Reply #147 on: March 30, 2012, 05:55:33 PM »

der Brucer

When I was out at the wreck site, there was a Lordite who was one of the guest speakers.  He and I clashed early on, and he wouldn't call on me after he found out that I didn't agree with him.  The last night we were at the site, he put on this huge demonstation to prove that it was impossible for the Titanic and the Californian could have seen each other.  First he had this other ship sail out something like 6.5 miles and then we watched from the deck as the other ship set off rockets, which were quite visable.  The the ship sailed out another 6.5 miles (or something like that) and then they set off rockets again.  The Lordite was speaking from the bridge, and all of us were standing at the rails when he triumphantly shouted, "Fire your rockets."

Even without the use of binoulars, everyone on board our ship started shouting, "I can see them!"

;D

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #148 on: March 30, 2012, 05:56:23 PM »

Sergio?
“One thing’s universal,

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #149 on: March 30, 2012, 05:59:44 PM »

Why are there always these people trying to rewrite history?  I've just read up on the findings and there's not much wiggle room for the poor Californian and Mr. Lord.  But no discipline seems to have taken place.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up