Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: EASY LISTENING  (Read 35796 times)

MBarnum

Re: EASY LISTENING
« Reply #60 on: March 31, 2012, 12:30:34 PM »

I am awaiting a call from my buddy Jim as we are supposed to go out to eat at KING FALAFEL. I wish he would hurry,
'cause I am starving.

MBarnum

« Reply #61 on: March 31, 2012, 12:31:08 PM »

Thanks to JMK and Amazon.com I have discovered tons of other favorite easy listening albums.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #62 on: March 31, 2012, 12:32:21 PM »

In the unbelievable department:  I was preparing to get in the shower when the doorbell rang.  I thought perhaps it was FedEx delivery I needed to sign for, so I pulled on some shorts and a t-shirt, but I still had my Plaque rinse in my mouth, since I expected just to sign and then close the door.  Who should be there but two elderly Jehovah's Witness women thrusting Jesus pamphlets at me.  I pointed to my mouth and swished the liquid around so they knew my mouth was full, vigorously shook my head no, waved my hands "no" and pointed to our mezuzah, at which point one of the women PUSHED PAST ME and tried to enter my home.  I was gobsmacked.  I put up my hands and REALLY vigorously motioned for her to back up and attempted to close my door.  She stayed in the doorway and her long coat got stuck in the door opening between the jamb.  At which point the other woman started wagging her finger at me and exclaiming "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness" as if I were doing something wrong.

Long story short:  police were called, I don't think those particular Jehovah's Witnesses will be returning here anytime soon.  Aside from the charges I could press for unlawful entry, Lake Oswego also has a very aggressive anti-solicitation law that they were in violation of.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2012, 12:59:57 PM »

In the unbelievable department:  I was preparing to get in the shower when the doorbell rang.  I thought perhaps it was FedEx delivery I needed to sign for, so I pulled on some shorts and a t-shirt, but I still had my Plaque rinse in my mouth, since I expected just to sign and then close the door.  Who should be there but two elderly Jehovah's Witness women thrusting Jesus pamphlets at me.  I pointed to my mouth and swished the liquid around so they knew my mouth was full, vigorously shook my head no, waved my hands "no" and pointed to our mezuzah, at which point one of the women PUSHED PAST ME and tried to enter my home.  I was gobsmacked.  I put up my hands and REALLY vigorously motioned for her to back up and attempted to close my door.  She stayed in the doorway and her long coat got stuck in the door opening between the jamb.  At which point the other woman started wagging her finger at me and exclaiming "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness" as if I were doing something wrong.

Long story short:  police were called, I don't think those particular Jehovah's Witnesses will be returning here anytime soon.  Aside from the charges I could press for unlawful entry, Lake Oswego also has a very aggressive anti-solicitation law that they were in violation of.

Wow!  What a story.

:o

I remember, years ago, when these folks came to our door, my ex-wife wouldn't let them in.

Instead, she would stand there and debate with them.

::)
You can dream…or you can do.

FJL

« Reply #64 on: March 31, 2012, 01:15:59 PM »

JMK - Glad you're OK.  I take it it's not dangerous in your area to just open the door without asking who's there.

JMK

« Reply #65 on: March 31, 2012, 01:23:45 PM »

JMK - Glad you're OK.  I take it it's not dangerous in your area to just open the door without asking who's there.

We have frosted glass windows on either side of the door, so I can see who's there, albeit in a sort of diffuse, slightly distorted way.  So I knew it was two women, I just didn't realize it was two zealots LOL.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #66 on: March 31, 2012, 01:24:33 PM »

Wow!  What a story.

:o

I remember, years ago, when these folks came to our door, my ex-wife wouldn't let them in.

Instead, she would stand there and debate with them.

::)

I've had several really fun debates/conversations with JWs through the years, but that's only been after I INVITED them into my home.  ;)

Jennifer

« Reply #67 on: March 31, 2012, 01:33:09 PM »

I am super happy my library got like 20 new dvds. And now we are allowed to reserve them. Some i really wanted to see. And some look interesting (have big stars but i was not familiar with them). Has anyone seen any of these?:

Breaking Dawn
Tower Heist
Reel Steel
Drive
Abduction
Courageous
Hugo
Pusss N Boots
Source Code
J Edgar
Limitless
Something borrowed
I do not know how she does it
The Ides of March
Friends with Benefits
Green Latern
Contagion

Hugo
Source Code
Tower Heist
Real Steel
Drive
Green Lantern
Contagion

How were they? Do any of them seem like my cup of tea?

Jennifer

« Reply #68 on: March 31, 2012, 01:34:24 PM »

Has anyone seen any of these?:

Hugo - we own - best of the bunch if you like whimsy
Source Code - saw in theatre - irratic pace but very enjoyable
J Edgar - have on order, anxious to see
Green Lantern - saw with Grand Kids - a very weak Superhero Flick
Contagion - saw in theatres - SUPERB a real nail-biter

der Brucer

Thanks.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #69 on: March 31, 2012, 01:49:35 PM »

I'm up after ten hours of sleep.  I guess I needed it, and it was easy since it's very gray out and that always helps me to sleep.  But a jog is out now, and I'll have to go to Mystery and Imagination in about thirty minutes.

Vibes you sell lots of books!!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: March 31, 2012, 01:52:39 PM »

No selling books today - the signing is booked, though - three weeks from tomorrow - April 22, the first time we'll do one on a Sunday, which they say is much better for them these days.  I took them ten copies of the book so they can display it and such.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #71 on: March 31, 2012, 01:53:29 PM »

Rehearsal begins in about thirty minutes - just one fellow going over one song that the MD has been having trouble with - then the stumble-through is at three, then immediately on to dinner in the Bank of Bur.

Jane

« Reply #72 on: March 31, 2012, 01:54:11 PM »

I'm shocked!!  Any Jehovah's Witnesses people I have known over the years would probably be horrified.  Good for you for calling the police.  Do the police have the names of the women?

Jane

« Reply #73 on: March 31, 2012, 01:59:43 PM »

No selling books today - the signing is booked, though - three weeks from tomorrow - April 22, the first time we'll do one on a Sunday, which they say is much better for them these days.  I took them ten copies of the book so they can display it and such.

Then vibes the book display attracts interest for your book signing. :)

I still have eBooks to read from the library, with a few more expected any day, that must be read before your book.  I couldn't completely wait & took a peek this morning & read your very nice dedication. 

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #74 on: March 31, 2012, 03:08:38 PM »

Loving the book!!  (have I said that already?)   My main frustration is that when I went the digital route and began to store all my CD's on a hard drive as CD's took up a lot of space - when you have as many as I (and many others here) do, I just uploaded the cast albums and not solo albums.  So, the solo albums in question in the book are in storage and the time it would take to upload them would take FOREVER.   If I won that damn lottery, I'd have the time!!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2012, 03:29:54 PM »

Matthew, no more local productions of Sunset Blvd. Imagine if the direction had been good but the Norma had been bad. That would have been a nightmare.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2012, 03:31:01 PM »

JMK, I'm sorry you got gobsmacked when your gob was already full of toothpaste. You could have drooled on them.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2012, 03:32:29 PM »

Thankfully, I missed the haggis eating competition. Instead, I went to an Asian market and found roasted pork belly on sale. I'm very, very happy.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #78 on: March 31, 2012, 03:34:26 PM »

I also bought some plants and put them in. Six zucchini, an oregano, a plumbago, purslaine. And it hit 90 today. Summer is here.
― Voltaire

JMK

« Reply #79 on: March 31, 2012, 03:35:47 PM »

I'm shocked!!  Any Jehovah's Witnesses people I have known over the years would probably be horrified.  Good for you for calling the police.  Do the police have the names of the women?

I don't think so--I just saw the policeman go down and stop them in the street and talk to them for a while, after which they scurried rather quickly to their car and departed.  I stood in my driveway and glared at them as they passed.   ;D

Jane

« Reply #80 on: March 31, 2012, 03:44:53 PM »

JMK, I'm sorry you got gobsmacked when your gob was already full of toothpaste. You could have drooled on them.

I expected for him to say he spit the Plaque rinse on them, not necessarily intentional.  Really, how long can you hold that stuff in your mouth‽   Apparently longer than I can. :)

Jane

« Reply #81 on: March 31, 2012, 03:45:25 PM »

I don't think so--I just saw the policeman go down and stop them in the street and talk to them for a while, after which they scurried rather quickly to their car and departed.  I stood in my driveway and glared at them as they passed.   ;D

:D

Jane

« Reply #82 on: March 31, 2012, 04:34:30 PM »

It suddenly became very loud outside.  It is hailing rather hard out there.

John G.

« Reply #83 on: March 31, 2012, 04:49:03 PM »

Hope everything is OK, Jane. The hail storms have been nasty here this year.
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #84 on: March 31, 2012, 04:51:07 PM »

Interesting it went from pouring rain to hard hail & now the sky is clear.

Jane

« Reply #85 on: March 31, 2012, 04:51:46 PM »

DR John G I just saw your post.  Thanks, we were nice and comfy inside. :)

John G.

« Reply #86 on: March 31, 2012, 05:18:12 PM »

Here is a wonderful interview with Tom Jones that mentions the College Collage recording. It also includes two simple, direct and beautiful new lyrics he's written for his Harold and Maude musical.

http://www.playbill.com/news/article/161236-PLAYBILL-BRIEF-ENCOUNTER-With-Tom-Jones-Lyricist-of-The-Fantasticks-I-Do-I-Do-and-Harold-and-Maude
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #87 on: March 31, 2012, 05:30:08 PM »

When I was growing up. My mom would tell us all to hide and be quiet until they left the door.  She didn't even answer the door, we just hid.

Cillaliz

« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2012, 05:33:51 PM »

Today I went to the community gathering to support BPI and their Lean textured beef, which ABC calls pink slime.  I was told by a sheriff that they planned to make 16,000 burgers, but I heard they made over 30,000.  It was really crowded.  I am now the proud owner of a shirt that says "DUDE IT'S BEEF!"  lol.   We've been eating this stuff for 20 years.  The process kills e coli, not really sure how anyone could be against that. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #89 on: March 31, 2012, 05:34:41 PM »

It was 90 degrees here today....way too hot for me.  I hate this weather
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7   Go Up