Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: EASY LISTENING  (Read 35863 times)

Cillaliz

Re: EASY LISTENING
« Reply #90 on: March 31, 2012, 05:35:28 PM »

I bought some spray for my apple tree, but it started blooming, so now I have to wait until the flowers fall off.   We aren't supposed to have anything blooming yet.  It's just bizarre

Cillaliz

« Reply #91 on: March 31, 2012, 05:35:46 PM »

Well, at least I got us to page 4......dude, it's beef

Cillaliz

« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2012, 05:36:11 PM »

I have no idea who made up that stupid slogan, but dude, it's beef

Cillaliz

« Reply #93 on: March 31, 2012, 05:42:12 PM »

http://www.kcautv.com/story/17303092/more-than-10000-suppo#.T3egctZpeU0.facebook

Here's the story of the rally and what the ABC news story has done to the company

Ginny

« Reply #94 on: March 31, 2012, 05:48:56 PM »

Thankfully, I missed the haggis eating competition...

LOL - words to live by!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Cillaliz

« Reply #95 on: March 31, 2012, 05:49:12 PM »

I do think it's really sad that one reporter can do so much to damage a company when in the 20 years they've been making this product, no one has gotten sick from it. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #96 on: March 31, 2012, 05:56:05 PM »

Gotta cheer for Kansas.   I spent two years there

Cillaliz

« Reply #97 on: March 31, 2012, 06:07:25 PM »

Where is everyone today?   Was there a lottery pool I didn't know about?

Ginny

« Reply #98 on: March 31, 2012, 06:15:39 PM »

Gotta cheer for Kansas.   I spent two years there

Gotta stay loyal to the Big Ten and the state I live in - Go, Bucks (something I don't say often...)!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #99 on: March 31, 2012, 06:20:45 PM »

I am super happy my library got like 20 new dvds. And now we are allowed to reserve them. Some i really wanted to see. And some look interesting (have big stars but i was not familiar with them). Has anyone seen any of these?:

Breaking Dawn
Tower Heist
Reel Steel
Drive
Abduction
Courageous
Hugo
Pusss N Boots
Source Code
J Edgar
Limitless
Something borrowed
I do not know how she does it
The Ides of March
Friends with Benefits
Green Latern
Contagion

Hugo
Source Code
Tower Heist
Real Steel
Drive
Green Lantern
Contagion

How were they? Do any of them seem like my cup of tea?

I'm sorry, I did not mean to include Contagion a movie I want to see, not have seen.

I think HUGO is the best of them & wish I had seen it in 3D on the large screen.  We gave it 4 stars on NetFlix.

IDES OF MARCH in my opinion is the least enjoyable of the movies on your list that I've seen.  Craig decided not to watch it after hearing our comments the following morning.  If you like political movies & are a Ryan Gosling fan than don't listen to me.

The following movies we gave 3 stars out of 5 on NetFlix:

I liked REAL STEEL & think you would.  It has the feel of a YA story.  The violence is basically between robots.

Keith liked DRIVE more than I did.  I can't guess if you would like this one or not.

TOWER HEIST was ok & the actors did a fine job, sadly except for Eddy Murphy who couldn't do too much with his silly script.   It is not really a comedy, IMHO, or a fast action or fast paced movie. It's a heist movie.  We liked Ben Stiller in this so if you like him than watch it.

The GREEN LANTERN might be a weak super hero flick, however, if you like this kind of movie I suggest you watch it.

SOURCE CODE was a little disappointing to us all after they hype about it.  You might like it though, just don't expect it to be fantastic.

Did that help?  Hey, the movies are free for you. ;)

Danise

« Reply #100 on: March 31, 2012, 06:41:54 PM »

Evening all.  Toby the Terrible did ok at his vet visit.  He didn't bite anyone but he was very scared and cried the whole time he was in the lobby.   

Thank goodness that's over for another year.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #101 on: March 31, 2012, 06:45:38 PM »

Poor Toby.

Jane

« Reply #102 on: March 31, 2012, 06:48:05 PM »

We spoke to Bryan this afternoon.  He has been very busy with his Internal Medicine rotation, mostly doing paperwork. ;D

While I'm very pleased he was matched to such a fine program I wish he had been matched in Portland instead.  Then I would try to convince Craig to move to Eugene & we could all live in the same state again.  We haven't done that since we left Michigan.

Danise

« Reply #103 on: March 31, 2012, 06:49:22 PM »

I bought 2 of your books, Bruce on Amazon for my ereader  on my Itouch. Looking forward to reading them.  I bought "There's Mel, etc" and the new one "Album produced by"
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #104 on: March 31, 2012, 06:51:06 PM »

Poor Toby.
  Thanks, DR Jane.  He has slept the entire rest of the day in my bed.  I've even gone into check on him to make sure he wasn't having a reaction to the shots.  He's been ok.  Just traumatized. 
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #105 on: March 31, 2012, 06:53:30 PM »

I'm glad he is physically ok.

Danise

« Reply #106 on: March 31, 2012, 07:00:51 PM »

In the unbelievable department:  I was preparing to get in the shower when the doorbell rang.  I thought perhaps it was FedEx delivery I needed to sign for, so I pulled on some shorts and a t-shirt, but I still had my Plaque rinse in my mouth, since I expected just to sign and then close the door.  Who should be there but two elderly Jehovah's Witness women thrusting Jesus pamphlets at me.  I pointed to my mouth and swished the liquid around so they knew my mouth was full, vigorously shook my head no, waved my hands "no" and pointed to our mezuzah, at which point one of the women PUSHED PAST ME and tried to enter my home.  I was gobsmacked.  I put up my hands and REALLY vigorously motioned for her to back up and attempted to close my door.  She stayed in the doorway and her long coat got stuck in the door opening between the jamb.  At which point the other woman started wagging her finger at me and exclaiming "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness" as if I were doing something wrong.

Long story short:  police were called, I don't think those particular Jehovah's Witnesses will be returning here anytime soon.  Aside from the charges I could press for unlawful entry, Lake Oswego also has a very aggressive anti-solicitation law that they were in violation of.
  Sorry but I had to laugh when I read this because it reminded me of what happened to another friend of mine.  She was really into doing costumes for the scifi conventions.  Well, it happened that she was working on one that like a warlock for one of her kids and had a knock of the door by some JW's.  What did she do?  She saw them through the door and pulled on the cape and grabbed the walking stick she had made with a crystal ball type thing on the top of it.  She opened the door and they couldn't get away fast enough!  I think they thought they had come to Satin's door! 

She said she had a really good laugh.

My method is to tell who ever comes to door that I am the opposite of what ever they are.  If its a Baptist, I'm a devoted Catholic.  If they are Catholic, I'm Baptist, etc.  Don't argue with them just agree and send them on their merry little way.  That is if I even answer the door.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jane

« Reply #107 on: March 31, 2012, 07:03:40 PM »

Funny story from your friend DR Danise.

Jane

« Reply #108 on: March 31, 2012, 07:03:46 PM »

'night

Danise

« Reply #109 on: March 31, 2012, 07:07:33 PM »

I'm glad he is physically ok.
  He's in very good health.  A touch overweight but very full pep and vigor.  I just felt bad because I had to go to the pound to get his tag (my vet never has them) and they were having an adopt-a-thon.  Of course I saw several little dogs that would have gladly taken home with me.  I just hope they all got good homes.

I felt bad about turning them away but like I told them, I would rather have 2 and be able to take good care of them with all of the shots /meds/food/toys/goodies/etc  they need then to many and not be able to properly care for them.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #110 on: March 31, 2012, 07:08:38 PM »

I'm going too.  'night.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

vixmom

• Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty
« Reply #111 on: March 31, 2012, 07:17:48 PM »

sorry to have been E & T   its was a busy week ---
Commit random acts of kindness and sudden beauty

It’s weird being the same age as old people

vixmom

« Reply #112 on: March 31, 2012, 07:20:12 PM »

this weekend is our annual ICON convention  that Vixdad & I have been attending for 26 years  (this is  the 31st annual convention)

vixmom

« Reply #113 on: March 31, 2012, 07:22:48 PM »

monday through wednesday i worked late

vixmom

« Reply #114 on: March 31, 2012, 07:24:04 PM »

thursday vixter and i went to the high school musical as several of her friends were in it so ihad to leave work on time

vixmom

« Reply #115 on: March 31, 2012, 07:26:16 PM »

i had  planned to be off on friday because of the convention but of course on thursday i got all sorts of panicky calls about closings that had to happen on friday

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #116 on: March 31, 2012, 07:28:27 PM »

thursday vixter and i went to the high school musical as several of her friends were in it so ihad to leave work on time
What show did they do?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

vixmom

« Reply #117 on: March 31, 2012, 07:30:44 PM »

i agreed to schedule but advised that all info had to be to me early so i could get everything done before i needed to leave at 5:30 --I was prmiseed that I would have everything by 2PM --- of course 5 pm came and went and stioll I did not have what I needed   

fiNALLY  At 5:25 the info arrived  far toolate for me to get anyting donr and since I was going to be out and we already had a fullslate I couldn't leave it for my colleague to handle

John G.

« Reply #118 on: March 31, 2012, 07:31:05 PM »

The comments about poor Toby made me think how much like people cats can be. Some just hate anything different. Others are just fond of affection from anyone. There was a chocolate brown/black cat at the gardening center today who let anybody pet her. She felt like silk and I wish I could have brought her home with me. She does belong to the owners, so I'm sure they wouldn't have liked that. Neither would the bird.  ;)
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #119 on: March 31, 2012, 07:31:30 PM »

One more.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up