Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: STAY AWAY FROM ANYONE WIELDING AN AX  (Read 38280 times)

Jennifer

Re: STAY AWAY FROM ANYONE WIELDING AN AX
« Reply #120 on: April 13, 2012, 06:25:44 PM »

Today is the first day i've been on my bike since the warm hot weather in the beginning of March. It just became so cool and dreary for the last month. Today was very nice. I think it was low 60s when i went. Hopefully we can stick with temps like that.

Jennifer

« Reply #121 on: April 13, 2012, 06:26:12 PM »

At least the path at the lake was fine. Although it is weird riding around when all the trees are bare.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #122 on: April 13, 2012, 06:26:14 PM »

DR Jennifer when I put a book on hold using the library website it tell me how many people have holds & what my number on the queue is.  It also says how many books the library has.  That way I can see where I am.  Sometimes it changes slightly because you can but a hold on your hold.  Once you release that you drop back in where you left off without going to the back of the queue. 

Jennifer

« Reply #123 on: April 13, 2012, 06:28:39 PM »

My niece is so cute. She has started reading chapter books to herself. I am very impressed at 6 1/2. I'm not even sure if the other kids in her class can read in English (since they are really only teaching them to read in French). Although i would imagine that they would sort of get the idea for English books.

One day she was reading beside me. And she kept laughing out loud and asking if she could tell me the funny parts. :)

Jane

« Reply #124 on: April 13, 2012, 06:30:03 PM »

Today is the first day i've been on my bike since the warm hot weather in the beginning of March. It just became so cool and dreary for the last month. Today was very nice. I think it was low 60s when i went. Hopefully we can stick with temps like that.

:)

Jane

« Reply #125 on: April 13, 2012, 06:31:32 PM »

While I'm staying in the pool for the same length of time as always, 45 minutes, I'm doing more laps in the same amount of time.  In the beginning I had to rest a lot.

Jennifer

« Reply #126 on: April 13, 2012, 06:31:42 PM »

DR Jennifer when I put a book on hold using the library website it tell me how many people have holds & what my number on the queue is.  It also says how many books the library has.  That way I can see where I am.  Sometimes it changes slightly because you can but a hold on your hold.  Once you release that you drop back in where you left off without going to the back of the queue. 

I think your library puts a book in the sytem very early on. I like that idea. Mine doesn't do that. My sister's library is sort of in between. They put the book into their system i think when they order it. So you can see where are you (although not when you suggest the book).

I wish i could see what place i am. Usually i am first. Although it seems when i really want a book then i am second.

I can usually tell how popular a book is. For instance this other book i am waiting for i am 95% sure i am first. I sort of had a feeling about the book the other girl took (where i am 2nd).

My library only puts the book into their system when they have received their copy at the library to process. But we can't even see our place then (for instance i saw the book was in binding 2 days ago). Only when they put the reservations in the system (on the day the books go out) can you see your position.

Jennifer

« Reply #127 on: April 13, 2012, 06:32:48 PM »

DR jane i like the idea that you can put a hold and then go back into the queue. Although i'm not sure i would like it if i thought i was next. I would only like it if i was away and didn't want to lose my place.

For us if you are away you basically lose your spot.

Jane

« Reply #128 on: April 13, 2012, 06:33:53 PM »

My niece is so cute. She has started reading chapter books to herself. I am very impressed at 6 1/2. I'm not even sure if the other kids in her class can read in English (since they are really only teaching them to read in French). Although i would imagine that they would sort of get the idea for English books.

One day she was reading beside me. And she kept laughing out loud and asking if she could tell me the funny parts. :)

Does she read well in French?

Jane

« Reply #129 on: April 13, 2012, 06:34:18 PM »

Sherlock suffers from a rare condition, he is very afraid of his loud farts. LOL.  Really afraid.  Last night he ran over Keith jumping off the bed.  It is a good thing he rarely has gas.

Jane

« Reply #130 on: April 13, 2012, 06:36:31 PM »

DR jane i like the idea that you can put a hold and then go back into the queue. Although i'm not sure i would like it if i thought i was next. I would only like it if i was away and didn't want to lose my place.

I noticed my numbers changing once in awhile but if I was tracking where I was on the queue I saw it happening.  It sure beats finally getting near the top of the queue only to end up number 50 again.

Jennifer

« Reply #131 on: April 13, 2012, 06:40:17 PM »

Unbelievably well. She is the top reader in her class. The teacher can't believe how well she is doing.

Jane

« Reply #132 on: April 13, 2012, 06:41:33 PM »

I think your library puts a book in the sytem very early on. I like that idea. Mine doesn't do that. My sister's library is sort of in between. They put the book into their system i think when they order it. So you can see where are you (although not when you suggest the book).

I wish i could see what place i am. Usually i am first. Although it seems when i really want a book then i am second.

I can usually tell how popular a book is. For instance this other book i am waiting for i am 95% sure i am first. I sort of had a feeling about the book the other girl took (where i am 2nd).

My library only puts the book into their system when they have received their copy at the library to process. But we can't even see our place then (for instance i saw the book was in binding 2 days ago). Only when they put the reservations in the system (on the day the books go out) can you see your position.

The books that go in early are usually from a popular series so they know they will be getting it.  I don't know if they wait until they can be pre-ordered to make the queue available.  I wish they did the same with eBooks.  I can't put a hold on my hold either.  Before our last trip I took a few books off my queue and back into my wish list.

Jane

« Reply #133 on: April 13, 2012, 06:41:47 PM »

Unbelievably well. She is the top reader in her class. The teacher can't believe how well she is doing.

Jennifer

« Reply #134 on: April 13, 2012, 06:42:39 PM »

I noticed my numbers changing once in awhile but if I was tracking where I was on the queue I saw it happening.  It sure beats finally getting near the top of the queue only to end up number 50 again.

We don't have numbers like that here. You would never ben number 50 for anything. I know your library serves a lot of areas. How many people do you think live in these areas?

Here my library is only for my one suburb. There is another library 10 minutes away. There are a lot of people that live in the suburb (maybe 50-70K). But i think if you were number 20 for something it would be extremely odd.

Even the dvds that you can now reserve. There are at most 6 reservations for each new movie.

Jennifer

« Reply #135 on: April 13, 2012, 06:45:45 PM »

I am so happy that Passover is over tomorrow.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #136 on: April 13, 2012, 06:46:17 PM »

Now that I've seen all of the first season of "Boardwalk Empire," it's time for the last season of "Big Love."
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #137 on: April 13, 2012, 06:50:08 PM »

We don't have numbers like that here. You would never ben number 50 for anything. I know your library serves a lot of areas. How many people do you think live in these areas?

Here my library is only for my one suburb. There is another library 10 minutes away. There are a lot of people that live in the suburb (maybe 50-70K). But i think if you were number 20 for something it would be extremely odd.

Even the dvds that you can now reserve. There are at most 6 reservations for each new movie.

I was exaggerating a little.  That has only happened with the really hot books like the Millennium Trilogy.  Yes, we do cover a very large area. 

The DVD's seem to have long waits.  It is easier for us to go to the Red Box for $1.20  & they have been sending us special discounts.

Jane

« Reply #138 on: April 13, 2012, 06:50:41 PM »

Do you eat matzo instead of bread?

Jane

« Reply #139 on: April 13, 2012, 07:04:09 PM »

'night

Jennifer

« Reply #140 on: April 13, 2012, 07:18:17 PM »

Do you eat matzo instead of bread?

Well i don't eat bread. But i am not crazy about matzah. I did have pizza on it one day. And i had chocolate covered another day.

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: April 13, 2012, 07:24:07 PM »

I have no idea when this is being broadcast this weekend, and the IMDB tells me nothing. It will be available as a set from Amazon on April 24, so I just ordered it,

The miniseries is on Saturday and Sunday night on ABC
http://tv.nytimes.com/2012/04/14/arts/television/titanic-a-mini-series-starts-on-saturday-on-abc.html
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 07:28:43 PM by Cillaliz »

FJL

« Reply #142 on: April 13, 2012, 07:24:14 PM »

Anyone else watching the Lionel Richie concert? 

His "You Are" with Blake Shelton feels almost like they're singing to each other rather than with each other.

John G.

« Reply #143 on: April 13, 2012, 07:48:07 PM »

Big Lots had some good new choices today, including "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang" and "West Side Story." I also dropped 99 whole cents on a double-feature of Elvira favorites, "Monster of Hydra" and "The House That Screamed."
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #144 on: April 13, 2012, 07:52:43 PM »

Anyone else watching the Lionel Richie concert? 

His "You Are" with Blake Shelton feels almost like they're singing to each other rather than with each other.

I love it when that happens.

;)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #145 on: April 13, 2012, 08:18:06 PM »

I managed to injure myself twice today. One was very odd. I was reaching down to throw something away in a garbage under the computer. And some how i reached with my neck and stretched it wrong. And boy did it hurt. It is still not feeling great. But i can still move around.

Am having difficulty picturing this.  Were you somehow holding that something you were throwing away in your mouth?  And that's why you reached with your neck?

That's sort of like a form of whiplash, I'm reckoning.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

John G.

« Reply #146 on: April 13, 2012, 08:46:10 PM »

I managed to injure myself twice today. One was very odd. I was reaching down to throw something away in a garbage under the computer. And some how i reached with my neck and stretched it wrong. And boy did it hurt. It is still not feeling great. But i can still move around.

Am having difficulty picturing this.  Were you somehow holding that something you were throwing away in your mouth?  And that's why you reached with your neck?

That's sort of like a form of whiplash, I'm reckoning.
A chair massage might help.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #147 on: April 13, 2012, 08:47:50 PM »

So, I don't have a Blu and Ray player yet. Anybody know if my laptop will play these? The library has started getting Blu-Ray discs, so I guess I have to buckle down and get one.
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #148 on: April 13, 2012, 09:10:42 PM »

The first four episodes of "Big Love" are really depressing. And it doesn't look like the rest of the season is going to get much better. Bummer.

― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #149 on: April 13, 2012, 09:10:52 PM »

One more.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up