Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DINNER PARTY  (Read 8918 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
THE DINNER PARTY
« on: June 21, 2012, 12:04:01 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes spoke of a dinner party, and now it is time for you to post until the cows come home - they were at a dinner party, too, and were happy they were served chicken rather than beef.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: THE DINNER PARTY
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2012, 12:04:47 AM »

And the word of the day is: NOCTILUCENT!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2012, 12:05:24 AM »

Welcome fifty GUESTS.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #3 on: June 21, 2012, 12:05:38 AM »

Who are you people?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #4 on: June 21, 2012, 12:05:45 AM »

CRANBERRIES!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2012, 12:05:52 AM »

Post deleted.

Michael

« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2012, 03:52:53 AM »

good morn to all
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #7 on: June 21, 2012, 03:54:01 AM »

sounds like something one takes to stop coughing and go sleep
Never stop dreaming.

Ben

« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 04:28:55 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: June 21, 2012, 05:04:25 AM »

Good morning, all! Last night I dreamed about Goodspeed. chorus girls leaving the business from frustration or romantic problems and the dread Victria Clark. Lordy!

Today, I am staying close to home, although I will cart this score to Kinko;s and have the 10 copies run off. DR George, I scrwed up my post last night with my poor typing. It's a score of 220 pages. Ten copies printed on both sides (110 pages when finished) would cost me $220 at Staples, which is $0.10/page and seems a bit much to  me. I think Kinko's estimate of $95 is way off as well and the actual price form them is smewhere in the middle. I'll report back.

When I finish the trip to Kinko's, I will throw the laundry into the washers and work on the EILEEN notes. Time's getting short for my deadline.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 06:36:22 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #10 on: June 21, 2012, 05:05:40 AM »

It's already 81 in NYC.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #11 on: June 21, 2012, 05:16:42 AM »

Good morning, all.

Cool vibes for those sweltering in the heat. Who knows what the day will be like here?

Victoria Clark-free vibes for Elmore.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #12 on: June 21, 2012, 05:23:22 AM »

TOD:

I love to throw parties, but I haven't in the past few years because of finances and school work. But  this Easter I held my usual get-together, which is generally for about eight friends who are without a place to go. I usually try to cook something I've never made before, such as prime rib. This year, the invite list grew to more than 15 and it didn't matter. Two friends decided to take over the main course, which freed me to do a deep cleaning. Everyone had their full, and about eight of us sat around outside at the ending of the evening with drinks and watched the fireflies dance about. I  think BK had it right. It's more about having a good balance of people than anything else.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2012, 05:54:50 AM »

Coffee!   Good morning, all. 

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #14 on: June 21, 2012, 06:13:01 AM »

And The Song Of The Day Is:  MOONGLOW

Jennifer

« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2012, 06:34:35 AM »

Good morning, all! Last night I dreamed about Goodspeed. chorus girls leaving the business from frustration or romantic problems and the dread Victria Clark. Lordy!

Today, I am staying close to home, although I will cart this score to Kinko;s and have the 10 copies run off. DR George, I scrwed up my post last night with my poor typing. It's a score of 220 pages. Ten copies printed on both sides (110 pages when finished) would cost me $220 at Staples, which is $0.10/page and seems a bit much to  me. I think Kinko;s estimate of $95 is way off as well and the actual price form them is smewhere in the middle. I'll report back.

When I finish the trip to Kinko's, I will throw the laundry into the washers and work on the EILEEN notes. Time's getting short for my deadline.

You should have gotten the guy from Kinkos to write down 220 pages/both sides and list your quote on a piece of paper. There is no use in him giving you a quote if it's gonna change today. :)

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2012, 06:37:30 AM »

It's already 81 in NYC.

Even though I've got the AC and three fans blowing, there's a layer of cool air with a burning subtext assualting me at all times.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2012, 06:38:07 AM »

Today, I am staying close to home, although I will cart this score to Kinko;s and have the 10 copies run off. DR George, I scrwed up my post last night with my poor typing. It's a score of 220 pages. Ten copies printed on both sides (110 pages when finished) would cost me $220 at Staples, which is $0.10/page and seems a bit much to  me. I think Kinko;s estimate of $95 is way off as well and the actual price form them is smewhere in the middle. I'll report back.

You should have gotten the guy from Kinkos to write down 220 pages/both sides and list your quote on a piece of paper. There is no use in him giving you a quote if it's gonna change today. :)

I reported last night that I thought his quote was low based on misunderstanding me.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2012, 06:38:35 AM »

Time to go out into theheat and visit Kinko!

John G.

« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2012, 06:46:28 AM »

Cillaliz: I had deep-fried butter at a concert in Louisville a couple of years back. It was a dessert. Think of it as ravioli with cinnamon-sugar lightly dusted on top. The butter complemented the dough and was quite nice -- if you like butter.

I've ordered butter soup, so you can imagine my thoughts on the subject.  :)
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2012, 06:56:52 AM »

I love butter, but I thought that was a joke above!

Ginny

« Reply #21 on: June 21, 2012, 06:58:55 AM »

Thursday morning greetings!  Day 2 of HVAC installation here - they warned us yesterday that we may not have heat by the end of the day, but we'll have air conditioning.  Glad it's not the other way around!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Kerry

« Reply #22 on: June 21, 2012, 07:03:03 AM »

Hello to all of you out there.
I like boat races.

Danise

« Reply #23 on: June 21, 2012, 07:13:15 AM »

Hi all.  I just had the AC guys come and look at my unit.  It's cracked and that why the pan keeps filling up.  They have to order a part but they said it is an easy fix.  I'll take their word for that.  What do I know about central heat/air units?

I'm thrilled that the darn thing is going to be fixed and i won't have to climb up in the attic every 2 weeks to drain the pan.

Hope your install goes smooth DR Ginny.  I confess that now that I'm used to having it, I can't imagine going without the ac/heat.  Can't believe I lived in this house for over 30 years without either.

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #24 on: June 21, 2012, 07:14:17 AM »

Gotta scoot and get to work but I am going make myself something to eat before I go.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Ginny

« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2012, 07:18:38 AM »

Hope your AC really is that easy to fix, DR Danise.  Have a great day!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2012, 07:22:06 AM »

We lived in Fort Lauderdale throughout the 1960s ... without air conditioning.  To this day, I have no idea how that was possible.  It's unimaginable to me now.  But people told us we'd adapt (like, after a year or so!), and adapt we did.  And that was way more common then than you'd think.  I remember "heat waves" in which I'd be particularly uncomfortable, but I think that for the most part it was something we didn't think much about.

My parents finally put a window unit into their bedroom because my mom had a night job at the hospital that she loved, so in order to get decent sleep during the day there was no choice but to have some a/c.  And boy, did that room feel like heaven.

Ginny

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2012, 07:23:03 AM »

I'm a little wistful today, because lots of librarians are making their way to southern California for the American Library Association Annual Conference in Anaheim.  Richard and I are already looking forward to next year's conference in Chicago, though.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2012, 07:36:57 AM »

Librarians On The Loose - sounds like a Radley Metzger film!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #29 on: June 21, 2012, 07:38:10 AM »

I always look for Jeanne's uncle's name when I watch the episodes of The Gale Storm Show that DR MBARNUM sent me.....he made Gale looked great and could really shoot a terrific musical number as well!

With Zasu Pitts....though.....well what you saw was what you got.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up