Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DINNER PARTY  (Read 8936 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE DINNER PARTY
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2012, 07:40:08 AM »

Page Two Zasu Pitts dance.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2012, 07:50:14 AM »

TOD

A good dinner party is an ideal way to spend time with ideal people.  And it doesn't have to be something ridiculously formal.  There have definitely been times that friends and I have experienced this, if not actually calling it a "dinner party", and those times are unforgettable.  They're also all too infrequent.  (Which needn't and shouldn't be the case.  Note to self.)  And it needn't or shouldn't be just people you already hang out with.  Bringing a couple of new people into the mix might be a happy accident, or an art, but when it happens right, that's what makes this kind of thing so perfect.

P.S. -- I highly recommend the East Coast as a perfect locale for MR BK reviving his Beef Stroganoff skills.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 08:06:08 AM by ChasSmith »

FJL

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2012, 08:00:47 AM »

Favorite quote of the day

"I can say with great certainty that it might"

- CNN legal analyst on whether the Supreme Court will rule soon on health reform

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #33 on: June 21, 2012, 08:01:07 AM »

I received my radio tubes in the mail today.

DR DANISE remember when you go up into the attic to empty your pan.....that call is coming from INSIDE THE HOUSE!!!!!!!!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2012, 08:04:24 AM »

Off to the Y - bye for now!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

ChasSmith

« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2012, 08:18:56 AM »

I probably missed an earlier post, but is this in reference to vintage radios, or something else entirely?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2012, 08:24:59 AM »

BK:  This couple from the UK...one of which is a projectionst:  Is he a regular on FSM Messageboard?  I know one of those Brit guys at FSM is a projectionist, a film music fan, and he's a very interesting fellow.   

Sounds like QUITE the partay.  That chicken stew...did Miss Julie have any garlic in it?
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

JMK

• G-d made stars galore.--ZMK, modern prophet
    • All About Jeff:  The Musical
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2012, 08:29:01 AM »

Miss Zasu Pitts did NOT get to meet Miss Frances Farmer, despite Mrs. Lillian Farmer's best attempt.
Would you like to take a picture of my lipoma for posterity?

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

JMK

« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2012, 08:29:35 AM »

Or so we have been led to believe.

"It is a tale of conflicting loyalties, megalomania, love, hate and a number of other issues I can't remember."

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2012, 08:35:18 AM »

I am back from Kinko's, and the $95 extimate was about a third of what they told me today: $292. Now, that's approximately 2250 copies at $0.13/page, which is outrageous and I will call kinko main offices and complain. If it had been $0.15 for each double page, as I was led to believe last night when I questioned the $95.00, that would have come to around $169.00 which seems fairer, given the number of copies. The toner is aeound $60.00, which they get at a lower rate, I'm sur, and $20.00 for the three reams of paperfor the entire job. Something is wrong with this greedy picture.

Anyway, I may simply go with Staples and finish the damned thing.

It's too damned hot to be so pissed off, but the check from the Man from Philadelphia hasn'ty arrived and I don't know how the hell he expcts me to pay fpr any work without the fuckin money.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 08:59:40 AM by elmore3003 »
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

ChasSmith

« Reply #40 on: June 21, 2012, 08:44:19 AM »

"The forecast for today is:  HOT!"
  --Samuel L. Jackson in "Do the Right Thing"

JMK

« Reply #41 on: June 21, 2012, 09:03:24 AM »

My new Teeter Hangup has just arrived.  Now I must wait for DS Gabe to arise to help me drag it downstairs and assemble it.

ChasSmith

« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2012, 09:11:13 AM »

Stuck on Page 2.  Where is everybody -- outside, enjoying a brisk walk in the sun?

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2012, 09:14:41 AM »

So as long as I'm feeling crabby today, who's in charge of this "Upload Folder" and why hasn't it been emptied?

Fed Ex was no help. They tell me copy rates are set by each store on market demands.

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2012, 09:16:21 AM »

No one is in charge of the upload folder. Bruce doesn't have tech support. He has to ask one of the old designers or Web friends to empty the uploader.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2012, 09:19:47 AM »

He mailed it yesterday? Yesterday?

F%#K!!!!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2012, 09:20:21 AM »

No one is in charge of the upload folder. Bruce doesn't have tech support. He has to ask one of the old designers or Web friends to empty the uploader.

Can this day get any better?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2012, 09:34:38 AM »

I'm glad I thought ahead this morning and brought a lunch into the office so I don't have to venture out into the heat until I leave for the day.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2012, 09:45:23 AM »

BK:  This couple from the UK...one of which is a projectionst:  Is he a regular on FSM Messageboard?  I know one of those Brit guys at FSM is a projectionist, a film music fan, and he's a very interesting fellow.  

Sounds like QUITE the partay.  That chicken stew...did Miss Julie have any garlic in it?

Yes, it was Dave Norris.  I'm sure there was garlic in the chicken stew.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2012, 09:46:38 AM »

It's still only 82 here. Don't understand this weather.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2012, 09:47:04 AM »

I probably would have slept until ten had the phone not rung, but now I am up.  I was having really weird dreams.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #51 on: June 21, 2012, 09:48:46 AM »

I probably missed an earlier post, but is this in reference to vintage radios, or something else entirely?

Props for "The Curious Savage".

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #52 on: June 21, 2012, 09:52:58 AM »

According to Weather Bug, it's 91 degrees here in Conshohocken but it feels like 92!  I thought so...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jennifer

« Reply #53 on: June 21, 2012, 09:54:04 AM »

Good morning, all! Last night I dreamed about Goodspeed. chorus girls leaving the business from frustration or romantic problems and the dread Victria Clark. Lordy!

Today, I am staying close to home, although I will cart this score to Kinko;s and have the 10 copies run off. DR George, I scrwed up my post last night with my poor typing. It's a score of 220 pages. Ten copies printed on both sides (110 pages when finished) would cost me $220 at Staples, which is $0.10/page and seems a bit much to  me. I think Kinko;s estimate of $95 is way off as well and the actual price form them is smewhere in the middle. I'll report back.

When I finish the trip to Kinko's, I will throw the laundry into the washers and work on the EILEEN notes. Time's getting short for my deadline.

You should have gotten the guy from Kinkos to write down 220 pages/both sides and list your quote on a piece of paper. There is no use in him giving you a quote if it's gonna change today. :)

I reported last night that I thought his quote was low based on misunderstanding me.

I know you did. I just meant that it isn't right that the guy was giving out incorrect quotes. If he had written it down maybe they would have had to honor it.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #54 on: June 21, 2012, 09:55:57 AM »

I wanted to tweet on Twitter about Twitter being down but Twitter is down...
-- Anaïs Nin

ChasSmith

« Reply #55 on: June 21, 2012, 09:57:44 AM »

I've got the house so cold (because I'm afraid to let the a/c cycle on and off too many times, lest it stop doing so entirely) that it felt really good just now walking down to the road to pick up the mail.  And it's only 88 here anyway, according to the World Wide Web.

The mail made me feel even better, though, because now I have "When a Stranger Calls" on DVD.  Tonight, man.  

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #56 on: June 21, 2012, 09:58:50 AM »

Hello, Goodbye.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #57 on: June 21, 2012, 09:59:16 AM »

Only 86 degrees here.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #58 on: June 21, 2012, 09:59:58 AM »

DR TCB my rehearsals are 7 p.m. - 9 p.m. right now since we are working on individual scenes.  Once we starting running acts....the rehearsals will be longer.

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #59 on: June 21, 2012, 10:01:07 AM »

Today will see laundry get done as I'm down to 2 days left of my time off before I start camp on Monday for 5 weeks.  I should probably sit down at ye ol' keyboard and look at "Legally Blonde" as we audition on Saturday.  Incidentaly, at camp on Monday, we are starting "Disney's Aida - The School Edition" - which should be fun.  I don't need to spend much time on that.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up