Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DINNER PARTY  (Read 8595 times)

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
Re: THE DINNER PARTY
« Reply #150 on: June 21, 2012, 08:46:30 PM »

Page six!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #151 on: June 21, 2012, 08:49:21 PM »

Back from a nice German dinner with friends. Mickey turned 80 while we were in Italy, so those of us who couldn't celebrate it then got together and took her out to dinner.

Now, it's time to watch the rest of "Chitty Chitty Bang Bang."
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #152 on: June 21, 2012, 08:53:01 PM »

I'll ask for some class finding vibes for Craig.  He has four co-requisite classes he needs to take.  Of course he prefers to get as many out of the way before beginning the program at Johns Hopkins in September.  The problem is he can't find all the classes he needs and three of them have pre-requisites.

He got one of the pre-requisites waived leaving only three left.  The class that had the pre waived is not offered on line which means he will have to go to Maryland next month to take it.  Which means we will have to cut our L.A. trip short to return in time to watch Yogi & Kitty for a week and a half.

He is still working on the other three classes.  Finding on line classes would be the best option.  There is one possibility for a class beginning on Monday, with in state fees too.
Obviously, you'll need to make sure the credits are transferable if the classes are not associated with his school of choice.
― Voltaire

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #153 on: June 21, 2012, 09:30:01 PM »

I'm a little wistful today, because lots of librarians are making their way to southern California for the American Library Association Annual Conference in Anaheim.  Richard and I are already looking forward to next year's conference in Chicago, though.

Several of our union representatives are going.  I'm not...obviously.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #154 on: June 21, 2012, 09:36:21 PM »

Stuck on Page 2.  Where is everybody -- outside, enjoying a brisk walk in the sun?

Today was the day of the month where I have to compile all the invoices that are to be paid and check them against a report of all the invoices that have been paid in our computer system to make sure that everything matches.  I didn't have time to do much of anything else.

I'm home now and am watching the last two episodes of "Fringe."
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #155 on: June 21, 2012, 09:39:36 PM »

So how does the school edition end? I thought that being entombed alive was pretty awful. Not exactly a Disney ending.
I agree. I hear they're still entombed, but in a happy way.

I hear they interpolate "But Alive" from APPLAUSE

It's still grisly, but it's peppy.

That's funny. :D

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #156 on: June 21, 2012, 10:01:47 PM »

Finished with my viewing and shall now take a nice hot shower then relax.

ChasSmith

« Reply #157 on: June 21, 2012, 10:23:18 PM »

Just back from PROMETHEUS in IMAX 3D.  Friend is a manager at the local plex where they just converted one screen to IMAX, so I saw it for free in a dress rehearsal for employees, family, and friends.  I guess no one has many family or friends because there were only eight people there.

Very enjoyable.  At this point I'm not even trying to figure out how good the film is or isn't.  The 3D was wonderful, and all eight of us had a rollicking good time.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 10:34:49 PM by ChasSmith »

George

« Reply #158 on: June 21, 2012, 10:25:06 PM »

Surgeon's follow-up appointment report:   Don't expect any improvement for a year, but keep doing the P.T.

~~~CONTINUED RECOVERY VIBES FOR DR TCB!!~~~

ChasSmith

« Reply #159 on: June 21, 2012, 10:29:57 PM »

Surgeon's follow-up appointment report:   Don't expect any improvement for a year, but keep doing the P.T.

~~~CONTINUED RECOVERY VIBES FOR DR TCB!!~~~

Indeed!

George

« Reply #160 on: June 21, 2012, 10:36:01 PM »

I'll ask for some class finding vibes for Craig.  He has four co-requisite classes he needs to take.  Of course he prefers to get as many out of the way before beginning the program at Johns Hopkins in September.  The problem is he can't find all the classes he needs and three of them have pre-requisites.

He got one of the pre-requisites waived leaving only three left.  The class that had the pre waived is not offered on line which means he will have to go to Maryland next month to take it.  Which means we will have to cut our L.A. trip short to return in time to watch Yogi & Kitty for a week and a half.

He is still working on the other three classes.  Finding on line classes would be the best option.  There is one possibility for a class beginning on Monday, with in state fees too.

Higher Education Vibes for DS Craig~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~~~DITTO!!~~~

George

« Reply #161 on: June 21, 2012, 10:42:45 PM »

I didn't watch the last episode of "Fringe," because I wanted to watch tonight's "Kathy."  Her special guest is the one and only (and close personal friend of DR Danise) Anderson Cooper!  He's very funny with her and obviously likes her.

George

« Reply #162 on: June 21, 2012, 11:05:24 PM »

I find THIS rather interesting.  Well, mostly the bit about the Working cast album. 
I saw that. I've got the "Working" and "Madam," but I'd like to get "The Desert Song." I wish they would release the studio album of "Rose-Marie" with Julie Andrews and Giorgio Tozzi.

You mean this one?

Julie Andrews Rose-Marie Amazon
Yeah, but I was wishing somebody else would release it in this country. Sepia is a British label, and their versions of "Hazel Flagg" and "Make a Wish" were not great in terms of sound. There's something flat about both that is different from how vibrant they sound on vinyl. Perhaps if BK remastered them ... (Columbia Masterworks, or whatever the label is, has redone "Make a Wish" and the sound is supposed to be great, but I haven't bought it yet.)

I bought the Broadway and London cast recordings of Flower Drum Song on Hallmark Records.  I got them from Amazon.com, but they're imports from London.  They BOTH were the mono versions and the listings didn't specify that. :P They were cheap, so it wasn't too bad.

George

« Reply #163 on: June 21, 2012, 11:05:42 PM »

I was able to copy the London cast recording in stereo from the library.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 11:08:06 PM by George »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #164 on: June 21, 2012, 11:49:40 PM »

The B'way stereo version should be readily available on CD and I don't think it's that hard to find the UK one in stereo either - I may even have an extra copy here somewhere.

George

« Reply #165 on: June 21, 2012, 11:56:36 PM »

Tomorrow night, some friends and I are going to see some other friends in The Lakewood Playhouse's production of A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum.  There's a pretty good review of it HERE.  I'll need to get cash to pay back the person who bought the tickets. 

George

« Reply #166 on: June 22, 2012, 12:08:33 AM »

In 1992, 20 years ago last month actually, I played Hero in a local production and it turns out that the guy who played Pseudolus 20 years ago is playing Erronious in Lakewood's production!  I don't think that I've seen him since then.  I wonder if he remembers me.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]   Go Up