Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: FIREWORKS  (Read 12457 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
FIREWORKS
« on: July 04, 2012, 12:50:28 AM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes had both independence and fireworks, and now it is time for you to post until the independent cows come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: FIREWORKS
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 12:51:44 AM »

And the word of the day is: PYROTECHNICS!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 01:44:11 AM »

I was going to post this yesterday, but my cable modem decided to crap out on me. :P So, here it is now:

Today Yesterday, the family was at my sister's house.  First, we watched a pay-per-view documentary on Chely (pronounced Shelly) Wright called Wish Me Away.  She's is a country-western singer and the first country-western singer to come out as a lesbian!  She doesn't hold back on her experiences and it was very good.  My niece has been a fan of hers for many years.  She actually came to Seattle late last year and sang with the Seattle Women's Chorus.  I went to the concert with my niece and sister and my sister's boyfriend.  It was a very good show...as was the documentary!  Highly recommended by the likes of me (a BK reference).

We then played Scrabble and I lost...fifth out of five players. ::)

:)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 01:46:04 AM »

I was also going to post this yesterday, since no one else has mentioned it yet: 

Opera star soprano Evelyn Lear dies at 86 in Md.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 01:46:29 AM »

George

« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 01:46:48 AM »

Just had to share.

George

« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 01:47:38 AM »

Today, we're all meeting at my parents' house.  Our cousin and his wife are leaving on Thursday, so this'll be the last day to visit with them.  We're having a barbecue.  Good eatin's. :D

Michael

« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 04:09:19 AM »

Happy 4th of July to all USA residents.

I am off to Canada later this AM.
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 04:10:08 AM »

Canada has July 4th,

They just don't celebrate it.
Never stop dreaming.

Ben

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 04:20:59 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Ben

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2012, 04:25:25 AM »

We are on Long Island as I type. I'm having the requiste oatmeal with walnuts, raisins and a banana and a cup of coffee.

It's raining right now. If it rains all day our BBQ w/Anthony's relatives will be an indoor affair.

I have work to do. Two computers to update (even though I'm not trained, I'm the default IT person in the Morelli McLaughlin household). We have a laptop and an old desktop out here and it's used but not attended to until we make a trip.

I've already begun on the desktop (it's older and slower) and will soon begin on the laptop but I had to see what all you beautiful people in the dark were up to, even though it's only 7:15am and most of you are abed.

We're having a bbq and then tomorrow we are seeing a friend for lunch and on Friday we're spending the day with our friend, Alfred, who was our witness at our wedding.

We will most likely be here until Saturday or Sunday. It already feels like the weekend even though it's just Wednesday.

Later, gators.

Danise

« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2012, 04:40:23 AM »

Good morning all.   Thank you, DR John G for the vibes for Thelma, Her friend John and myself.  I think John and Thelma really need them.  Thelma is so giving, she's been helping John these past months with taking him to the doctor and helping him get his affairs in order.  It's so hard, especially with it being a holiday to think that while millions are celebrating someone else is going to slip away today.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2012, 04:44:33 AM »

In other news, I will be staying home so I'll be here for the dogs when the fireworks go off. 

I bought one of those one time use grills that already has the charcoal in it and i bought a good steak, an ear of corn and baked beans for tonights dinner.  I have fresh fruit for desert, strawberries and blueberries along with frozen yogurt for dessert.  Yum!

The dogs have new toys they don't know about yet and a nice bone for each to (hopefully) take their minds off of the fireworks.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 04:48:02 AM by Danise »
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Danise

« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2012, 04:47:35 AM »

I want to wish everyone here (lurkers and posters alike)  a very Happy and Safe 4th!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2012, 05:32:39 AM »

Good morning, all! I slept very well. I did have a long dream about working on something in the Jiulliard theatre dept. and talking to actor Jeff Daniels about an adaptation he'd written of THE TEMPEST. He was friendly, which is not the case in real life.

It is a damp and cool July 4th, and I am reveling in the temperature although I do feel for eceryone with barbecue, family, and other outdoor plans. I hope you all have a great day today.  I plan to do as little as possible: work on a few necessary emails, edit a bit of music, and watch DVDs.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  Vibes to John, friend of DR Danise's friend Thelma! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

KevinH

« Reply #15 on: July 04, 2012, 05:39:20 AM »

Happy Independence Day!

KevinH

« Reply #16 on: July 04, 2012, 05:41:49 AM »

Vibes for Thelma and John.

KevinH

« Reply #17 on: July 04, 2012, 05:42:16 AM »

It's so strange not going to work on a Wednesday!

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #18 on: July 04, 2012, 05:55:37 AM »

Good morning, all.

More vibes for those traveling, those in need and those in need of a little rest today.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Danise

« Reply #19 on: July 04, 2012, 05:56:12 AM »

Thank you DR's Elmore and KevinH for the vibes. 

I am also finding it strange that I have today off.  I'm thinking about going to a movie or going to look at the fridges that are on sale today.  I wish I could go ahead and get one but have no place to put it until the kitchen gets started.

I wanted to give you all an update on the bus situation.  The newspaper article will be out next week.  Jackie Callaway from 28 news will be out on the 9th to interview everyone on the bus so there's our written and tv press.  I just hope it works.  I don't fancy having to drive to work and paying for parking.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

John G.

« Reply #20 on: July 04, 2012, 05:58:36 AM »

TOD: I'm loving the notes on the "Follies" remixes. Please continue the song by song commentaries, as I am sure others are.

Are you limited on the "Follies" release to 1,000 copies? If not, how many do you plan for a first edition?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #21 on: July 04, 2012, 05:59:09 AM »

Good morning, all.

Supposed to be thunderstorms today, but it's still going up to 90.  I had my Independence Day last weekend and again yesterday, and I think that's about as Independent as I'm going to get this year.  Except that in this neighborhood, we can expect to hear fireworks going off probably every night through the next weekend.  I'm close to a large lake where there's always plenty of whoopin' and hollerin' going on during the summer, but just distant enough from it that the sounds are a pleasant background and do not disrupt my precious existence.  And if the storms cooperate, there might still be some outdoor grilling later.  So, okay, maybe just a little more Independent.

John G.

« Reply #22 on: July 04, 2012, 06:03:27 AM »

I know it's not everyone's favorite show, but "1776" is now playing in honor of the day. It's been a few years since I've seen it.
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #23 on: July 04, 2012, 06:05:43 AM »

TOD:  Another "Follies" question.  Has the 16-track vs. 8-track controversy been officially put to rest?  Or do you believe there's still a chance that a 16 continues to slumber patiently, in hiding, waiting to be discovered someday? 

ChasSmith

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2012, 06:09:59 AM »

I love "1776", and thank you for the reminder.  It's a day for "The Music Man" and for giving my laserdisc of the complete "1776" a spin.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: July 04, 2012, 06:53:31 AM »

I know it's not everyone's favorite show, but "1776" is now playing in honor of the day. It's been a few years since I've seen it.

It's one of mine!
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #26 on: July 04, 2012, 06:55:32 AM »

1776 is also on TCM later today.

Vibes for JOHN AND THELMA, friends of DR DANISE.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2012, 06:55:34 AM »

Independence Day greetings!  The brutal heat wave continues here in SW Ohio, so we'll probably stay in and watch the celebrations on TV.  So far, I've sliced strawberries and had them on cereal for breakfast and I've made a blueberry pie.  Richard and I will have a nice steak dinner this evening.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2012, 06:56:01 AM »

Why has my picture disappeared?  Does anyone still see my avatar?  I can't....
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Ginny

« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2012, 06:56:18 AM »

Vibes of strength for Thelma and comfort for her friend John.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8   Go Up