Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: I'D WALK A MILE FOR A CAMEL  (Read 14194 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: I'D WALK A MILE FOR A CAMEL
« Reply #180 on: July 20, 2012, 05:31:14 PM »

DR Danise did the new air pan arrive as promised?

Laura

« Reply #181 on: July 20, 2012, 05:32:47 PM »

Jane, it is red and black. I tried to fix the color because it was in the shade and the camera didn't like the lighting.

It is a vermillion flycatcher -- a nice summer bird here if you know where to look.
"That's a lotta hamsters."

Danise

« Reply #182 on: July 20, 2012, 05:45:23 PM »

No.  It was rescheduled for next Monday but when I got home there was an email from the contractor stating he wants to come out on Thursday.  Now I may have call and see if I can have the AC date changed to then so I can get both done with out missing to much time at work.
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

ChasSmith

« Reply #183 on: July 20, 2012, 05:45:49 PM »

Who was it that recently purchased EVERYTHING WAS POSSIBLE?  I hope you got a good price on your copy.  Playbillstore.com has the medium softcover copy on sale for $13.95.

I ordered the paperback for $16.97 ($12.98 + $3.99 shipping).  Playbillstore.com would charge $7.95 for shipping.  But thanks for the info. :)

I'm the one who had lucked out on a beautiful hardcover copy for practically nothing.  Probably from a library book sale, which are abundant in this part of the world.  In fact, I'm getting up tomorrow at dawn's crack to go to one of the good ones.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #184 on: July 20, 2012, 05:48:23 PM »

Who was it that recently purchased EVERYTHING WAS POSSIBLE?  I hope you got a good price on your copy.  Playbillstore.com has the medium softcover copy on sale for $13.95.

I ordered the paperback for $16.97 ($12.98 + $3.99 shipping).  Playbillstore.com would charge $7.95 for shipping.  But thanks for the info. :)

I'm the one who had lucked out on a beautiful hardcover copy for practically nothing.  Probably from a library book sale, which are abundant in this part of the world.  In fact, I'm getting up tomorrow at dawn's crack to go to one of the good ones.

Nice!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jane

« Reply #185 on: July 20, 2012, 05:48:36 PM »

Jane, it is red and black. I tried to fix the color because it was in the shade and the camera didn't like the lighting.

It is a vermillion flycatcher -- a nice summer bird here if you know where to look.

It is beautiful.  I don't believe we have them here.

Jane

« Reply #186 on: July 20, 2012, 05:49:13 PM »

No.  It was rescheduled for next Monday but when I got home there was an email from the contractor stating he wants to come out on Thursday.  Now I may have call and see if I can have the AC date changed to then so I can get both done with out missing to much time at work.

Darn!  Did you still leave work early?

Jane

« Reply #187 on: July 20, 2012, 05:49:34 PM »

Nice!

Ditto!

Jane

« Reply #188 on: July 20, 2012, 05:51:42 PM »

Craig had plans to see DARK NIGHT tonight. 

Jane

« Reply #189 on: July 20, 2012, 05:52:18 PM »

Since we didn't hear from Craig today I'm rather sure he didn't find an apartment.  I hope tomorrow is his lucky day.

FJL

« Reply #190 on: July 20, 2012, 06:02:48 PM »

So sad about that connection, JohnG, and for all the victims in Colorado.

FJL

« Reply #191 on: July 20, 2012, 06:03:27 PM »

Thank you, Laura, for that brightness in your link.

FJL

« Reply #192 on: July 20, 2012, 06:08:13 PM »

Lovely to see you, Larry.  Glad to be of whatever help I could be, and for me it was an added bonus to visit with you and get to see the office for my first time - i guess I'd never visited you there before. 

FJL

« Reply #193 on: July 20, 2012, 06:10:48 PM »

Jeanne, sorry that guy was such a nudge, but also glad he wasn't a lunatic!

Ginny

« Reply #194 on: July 20, 2012, 06:22:23 PM »

DR Elmore - glad the move went smoothly!  Thanks for your help, DR FJL!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #195 on: July 20, 2012, 06:24:45 PM »

Sorry to hear that, JohnG.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #196 on: July 20, 2012, 06:25:53 PM »

Well, I'm off to rehearsal...I'll just be watching again.  It went fairly well last night (although long).  There certainly are good actors in the show.

Until later!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #197 on: July 20, 2012, 06:31:04 PM »

I've never partaken of Costco food in the store.  They do have good chicken salad that you can take home.

I've eaten hotdogs there a lot. They have a big hot dog and drink for like $1.50.

Jennifer

« Reply #198 on: July 20, 2012, 06:32:35 PM »

George, do you know if Costco takes requests for new food selections? They clearly buy in very large volume, which gives them clout with their suppliers, and they seem quite customer-oriented.

I don't know if they take requests.  You could check out their website www.costco.com and look around.  You might have to go to their customer service desk and ask there.  I've never heard of anyone submitting requests.

I don't have a Costco membership--I just don't buy enough to make it worthwhile--but I do occasionally go there with friends. Virtually all my friends are members. I was just curious.

Here you don't need a membership to eat at the food court. You don't need your membership card to go to that part of the store.

Jennifer

« Reply #199 on: July 20, 2012, 06:34:30 PM »

This bit of information from the shooting in Colorado bothers me: what fool takes a 3-month old baby to a midnight movie?

Maybe one with a baby that can sleep through anything.;)

I only read the headline on that & don't know the full story. 

I agree with DR Jane. That was my first thought. Although i wouldn't take a baby to the movies. However here they have movies that are specifically for moms and babys (i guess the babys sleep thru it).

I would imagine the baby was going to sleep through the whole movie. ANd if it woke up the mom would have left. But i also didn't read the story.

Jane

« Reply #200 on: July 20, 2012, 06:36:56 PM »

DITTO!

Jane

« Reply #201 on: July 20, 2012, 06:52:48 PM »

'night

Ginny

« Reply #202 on: July 20, 2012, 06:55:21 PM »

'night!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #203 on: July 20, 2012, 06:55:39 PM »

Just in from one of the food truck parks. A Cooking Channel show called "Eat Street" was filming at the Alamo Street Eat park. They interviewed me as if I were the oldest friend of the owner of the truck, Tapa Tapa. I met him a year ago this weekend and probably a couple more times since, and only for a brief interval each time. Then I had to talk on camera about his food as if I were an expert on it. This is something I generally do only at my keyboard, writing and rewriting until it's right.

But the food was delicious. Rodolfo made an oatmeal cream pie that he topped with peanut butter and jelly, then he added a slab of foie gras on top. It was like a dream treat for someone who's got a bad case of the munchies from smoking a little too much happy stuff.

He also had a great and easy treat to make: Cubes of watermelon and mint leaves topped with Pop Rocks that just sort of dances around in your mouth.

I have to go to filmings on Saturday and Sunday, too. And it's hot. Who knows how much weight I'll gain.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #204 on: July 20, 2012, 06:57:02 PM »

Watching Cristopher Walken in a children's musical version of "Puss in Boots." Very strange, very low budget, but Ann Criswell did the score and it's not bad, just not very well presented.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #205 on: July 20, 2012, 07:08:49 PM »

Callie is most pleased that I am home today

As am I - please take care of yourself, DR Cillaliz!

thanks Ginny.   I slept for a few hours after getting home from the doctor and then went downtown and had a pulled pork sandwich with some friends.  I was worn out and came back home.   I've been sleeping a lot this week - 12-14 hours a day.  My doctor said that's normal so I feel better about it

Cillaliz

« Reply #206 on: July 20, 2012, 07:12:20 PM »

Went to my doctor for a follow up today.  She said I'll be sore and tired for about 4-6 weeks, but that I'll be fine.   I tried to work, but only lasted a couple hours and had to come home.   About ready to fall asleep right now.

Glad to hear you got checked out and received good news. Vibes for speedy healing.

thanks.  I was pretty sure that I was progressing normally, but decided to check with my doctor before finalizing anything with the insurance co

Cillaliz

« Reply #207 on: July 20, 2012, 07:12:53 PM »

We don't have a Costco at all

Cillaliz

« Reply #208 on: July 20, 2012, 07:16:02 PM »

Thanks for the notes, all. Jessica Ghawi had moved to Denver about a year ago after living here. Odd thing, according to the news reports, is that she had survived a shooting only a few weeks ago.

I read some of her story earlier today. :(

They just did a piece about here on Dateline.  So sad. She looks like an amazing person

FJL

« Reply #209 on: July 20, 2012, 07:16:05 PM »

DITTO!

Ooh, that's so nice, thank you guys for saying that, too, Jane and Ginny. :)   
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up