Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE RUBES  (Read 11611 times)

ChasSmith

Re: THE RUBES
« Reply #90 on: August 03, 2012, 11:00:20 AM »

PAGE FOUR FOLLIES IS SOLD OUT DANCE.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: August 03, 2012, 11:00:22 AM »

I'll jog later today - my tummy was feeling a little weird this morning - it's better now, but I think I'll eat a light lunch, then jog later in the afternoon when it cools off a bit.

Doug R

« Reply #92 on: August 03, 2012, 11:20:44 AM »

TOD:
DVD - Edgar Wallace Volume One. Collection of British B movies from the '60s. Very good transfers but it has to be said that these low budget quickies are rather tedious - as I remember them being in the cinema whilst impatiently waiting for the main feature to start. Interesting trip down memory lane though.

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #93 on: August 03, 2012, 11:36:54 AM »

FROM YESTERDAY

The Critics’ Top 10 Greatest Films of All Time:

“Vertigo” (Hitchcock, 1958)
“Citizen Kane” (Welles, 1941)
“Tokyo Story” (Yasujiro Ozu, 1953)
“La Règle du jeu” (Jean Renoir, 1939)
“Sunrise: a Song for Two Humans” (F.W. Murnau, 1927)
“2001: A Space Odyssey” (Stanley Kubrick, 1968)
“The Searchers” (John Ford, 1956)
“Man with a Movie Camera” (Vertov, 1929)
“The Passion of Joan of Arc” (Dreyer, 1927)
“8½”(Federico Fellini, 1963)

Interesting that the "youngest" film is from 1968.

And it wants to be search out three of the films I've never seen: Tokoyo Story, Man With A Movie Camera, and La Règle du jeu.

CITIZEN KANE
is #1
You can dream…or you can do.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #94 on: August 03, 2012, 11:42:41 AM »

The elevator repair men have not shown up, neither have the AC repair men. After 3pm, I will call the repair servivce and yell. The UPS man brought me another fan.  I have five going at the moment and it's still hot as hell.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #95 on: August 03, 2012, 11:43:37 AM »

Good morning, all!

It will be a really lousy day: I got up at 6:30, put the laundry together, opened the door to my apartment to head to the laundromat and find that the elevator is dead, . My entire schedule for the day is screwed: it was to be laundry from 7-9. wait for the AC repair men from 10-3, head out to dinner and vist around 4:15. So, now, depending on when and if the elevator men show up to repair the elevator, the ACrepairmen cannot cart off the air conditioner if they need to - I wouldn't carry the damned thing down three flights f stairs in 90 degree weather for anyone - and I'm not schlepping a heavy load of laundry down the stairs either, and back up when I've finished, so my day is essentially screwed.

Color me pissed.

DR TCB, I stayed last year in a 4-star hotel, the Merrion, and I wish I were there again. The Hibernian Club is beautiful, but it's for wealthy businessmenm such as the Man from Philadelphia who made the decision we would all stay there, only now the only one of the group going is me, and I'm not a wealthy businessman nor do I wish to work on a rehearsal-recording project dressed like a broker or an attorney. I've voiced my concerns..

~~~Vibes of Coping!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #96 on: August 03, 2012, 11:44:04 AM »

I have a rehearsal tonight - even though I told the director that Friday nights were very difficult for me.

There are four people out - away from home - but he is determined to block Act Three tonight - which is following the blocking in the book, except when he doesn't want to......so it's mostly confusion.

And we don't have an official rehearsal schedule...it's just everybody come every night....and we will do something.

So I am not pleased.

Nor should you be!  This does not sound like it's going to be a pleasant situation. :-\
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #97 on: August 03, 2012, 12:02:07 PM »

The AC men are cancelled for the day, and we are rescheduled for next Wednesday from 9am-3 pm. Once they heard the elevator was dead, they were happy to reschedule.
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

George

« Reply #98 on: August 03, 2012, 12:47:22 PM »

And Follies is sold out.

Congratulations, BK!!

George

« Reply #99 on: August 03, 2012, 12:47:50 PM »

Wow! Qantas is currently offering a 30%-off discount on their International First Class Fares... That would bring the round trip fare from Los Angeles to Sydney down to... Well... $16,986... <gulp!!!!>

:o

George

« Reply #100 on: August 03, 2012, 12:48:32 PM »

Am I the only DR who saw the cane image last night from a different angle than was described?  Pehaps it's meant to be seen in two different ways? 

:o Oh, my!  I had no idea when I posted that picture!!  Really, I didn't!

FJL

« Reply #101 on: August 03, 2012, 12:55:06 PM »

PAGE FOUR FOLLIES IS SOLD OUT DANCE.

Mazeltov to BK!

Certainly a short enough time to be a major success, but a long enough time so that no one can possibly kvetch that they didn't have enough of an opportunity to get on the stick and get a copy if they wanted to.

If anyone wanted one and didn't get one, it's their own fault,    just about perfect amount of time between announcement and selling out.

Ginny

« Reply #102 on: August 03, 2012, 01:19:54 PM »

Allow me to show off my Vera Bradley Grand Traveler in the Tea Garden pattern!  Thank you to those of you who helped me win it!

"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

« Reply #103 on: August 03, 2012, 01:29:12 PM »

Very nice, Ginny!

Ginny

« Reply #104 on: August 03, 2012, 01:59:33 PM »

Thanks, DR George!

Now I'm wondering if it's too "summery" to take to England in January?
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #105 on: August 03, 2012, 02:01:58 PM »

I guess kickstarter is the way to get a cast album these days. Now. Hear. This. is going the route now:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nowherethis/now-here-this-original-cast-recording
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #106 on: August 03, 2012, 02:02:28 PM »

Thanks, DR George!

You'll be noticeable in a heavy fog with that.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #107 on: August 03, 2012, 02:06:55 PM »

Am I the only DR who saw the cane image last night from a different angle than was described?  Pehaps it's meant to be seen in two different ways? 

:o Oh, my!  I had no idea when I posted that picture!!  Really, I didn't!

Well, at least you see it in "that" way as well now.  :)

« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 02:10:35 PM by Ron Pulliam »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ginny

« Reply #108 on: August 03, 2012, 02:12:29 PM »

Thanks, DR George!

You'll be noticeable in a heavy fog with that.

LOL, DR John G, I didn't think of that!  The pattern name IS Tea Garden and the lining kind of looks like the Olympic rings.

Ginny

« Reply #109 on: August 03, 2012, 02:14:13 PM »

Signing off to go pick up a pizza and take it to share with my Mom - bye for now!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #110 on: August 03, 2012, 02:15:44 PM »

And they'll probably raise the money to do that cast album - and the cast album will cost them about thirty grand.  You do the math.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #111 on: August 03, 2012, 02:16:51 PM »

Had lunch at the Daily Grill, as planned, and had my 600 calorie meal.  A crabcake BLT (under 600 actually) and a couple of pieces of fruit.  It was very good and filling, too.  Tiny little bun, which was fine.  I'll jog in a while.  I'm just being lazy today and won't write until this evening.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #112 on: August 03, 2012, 02:17:16 PM »

I picked up no packages and no important envelope - the latter best be here tomorrow.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #113 on: August 03, 2012, 03:07:32 PM »

I have a rehearsal tonight - even though I told the director that Friday nights were very difficult for me.

There are four people out - away from home - but he is determined to block Act Three tonight - which is following the blocking in the book, except when he doesn't want to......so it's mostly confusion.

And we don't have an official rehearsal schedule...it's just everybody come every night....and we will do something.

So I am not pleased.

And you wanted to be in this production?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #114 on: August 03, 2012, 03:11:54 PM »

Good morning, all!

It will be a really lousy day: I got up at 6:30, put the laundry together, opened the door to my apartment to head to the laundromat and find that the elevator is dead, . My entire schedule for the day is screwed: it was to be laundry from 7-9. wait for the AC repair men from 10-3, head out to dinner and vist around 4:15. So, now, depending on when and if the elevator men show up to repair the elevator, the ACrepairmen cannot cart off the air conditioner if they need to - I wouldn't carry the damned thing down three flights f stairs in 90 degree weather for anyone - and I'm not schlepping a heavy load of laundry down the stairs either, and back up when I've finished, so my day is essentially screwed.

Color me pissed.

DR TCB, I stayed last year in a 4-star hotel, the Merrion, and I wish I were there again. The Hibernian Club is beautiful, but it's for wealthy businessmenm such as the Man from Philadelphia who made the decision we would all stay there, only now the only one of the group going is me, and I'm not a wealthy businessman nor do I wish to work on a rehearsal-recording project dressed like a borker or an attorney. I've voiced my concerns..

What is a "Borker" -  it actually sounds like something that might be a lot of fun, but I can't imagine you'd need a business suit for it.

;D LMAO! ;D (Sorry, I can't roll on the floor.)
“One thing’s universal,

MBarnum

« Reply #115 on: August 03, 2012, 03:13:27 PM »

No top ten list of greatest movies is complete without at least 9 of them being in Hindi.

The tenth would be in Punjabi, naturally.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #116 on: August 03, 2012, 03:13:37 PM »

DR Elmore:   OY!!!   

Quick elevator repair vibes to DR Elmore.   Which floor do you live on?

The 47th!
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #117 on: August 03, 2012, 03:17:37 PM »

Thanks for the wishes DR ELMORE.....I am not optimistic in any of those categories, but I think our audiences will enjoy it.

I love the stage version of TMM.  I never saw the Broadway production, but I saw it done here in Tacoma, and I thoguht it was delightful.  And I enjoy several of the new songs.

I am not a fan of the film TMM.  Great cast, but the show is a mess.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #118 on: August 03, 2012, 03:18:30 PM »

I feel fine today also, but I still had the sweaty problem.  I even took a cool shower.  But the minute I stepped out of the house and into the humidity--Flehh! 

You probably should have dressed first.
“One thing’s universal,

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #119 on: August 03, 2012, 03:20:20 PM »

It's like words with a K in them, I think

Good Kmorning!
“One thing’s universal,
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6   Go Up