Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN  (Read 7772 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN
« on: August 20, 2012, 09:00:27 PM »

Well, you've read the notes, the notes were back in the saddle again, and now it is time for you to post until the cows (who are back in the saddle again) come home.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2012, 09:01:52 PM »

And the word of the day is: NAFF!

Druxy

• druxmanworks.com
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2012, 09:18:50 PM »

TOD:

Unfortunately, no hotel rooms have ever become etched in my memory.  They've all been pretty much the same.

I do recall that, when I was in the UK with Sandy, there was one hotel (don't recall the city) where the room we stayed in was supposed to be haunted, but the ghost never appeared.

::)
You can dream…or you can do.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2012, 09:31:45 PM »

Good morning and good night, all.

Vibes for all in need.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

ChasSmith

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2012, 09:36:33 PM »

Odd, having the daily notes appear while one is still up at night.

What are we going to read in the morning?!???

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2012, 01:22:47 AM »

Good morning, all! Today we finish the recording. We have one more pass at "Here In My Arms" before we record Jim and Annalene in "Here's A Kiss" and "Bye and Bye."

Yesterday, we finished up all of the other cast and chorus numbers, and I think we are in very good shape. Last year, we seemed to be rushing to finish up EILEEN till the last minute. I don't think today will be nearly so stressful. The band has played everything in the overture and instrumental pieces by now, so it's our conductor's job to shape them, and he's very good.

Kim Criswell, our official den mother, has been fantastic, and I do adore her. She spent her free time in the studio yesterday making a contact sheet of all the cast members, which is fantastic to have. We didn't do that on EILEEN and it took me months to get the info from cast members.

Tomorrow, I've got a meeting and a dinner, so I'll pack in the morning and then play. I'll leave here around 8am (3 am NYC time). Such an adventure!

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2012, 01:23:58 AM »

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Excellent Vibes and Xylophones for BK's recording today! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Ben

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2012, 02:59:53 AM »

Morning all.

That is all.

Danise

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2012, 03:46:58 AM »

Good morning all!

DR Elmore, if you think about it, could you please bring me a rock?  Any old rock will do.  A small one will do.  Don't take the Blarney Stone,  I don't think they would like that.  I used to ask people for them when they were taking trips to places I knew I'd never make it to and I would put them in the yard.  Years from now when they do a dig, they will wonder how a stone from these different places have come to be here in this one place.

Doctor visit today so I will be leaving work early.  YaY!!!!!!

Vibes to all who need them.

Have a wonder filled day!
Touch Magic, Pass it on!

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2012, 04:09:27 AM »

DR Danise, I will go to St Stephens Green and find a lovely rock from the park for your collection.

I had breakfast with Jim Cleverton, our leading man, after Judy and I listened to some compositions for a theatre piece by Hal Cazalet, our juvenile lead. I will read a bit for I head out at 1pm to pick up a rock for DR Danise and stroll around the block before we head to the studio to finish the recording.

Last night, I had to say goodbye to John Molloy, Joe Corbett, Philip O'Reilly, and Rachel Kelly, along with the chorus, and I will miss them very much. I find rthe saddest part of working on something is when I've finished and head home, while the cast stays to run the show, or when a session ends and everyone disperses back to their normal routine. I don't like goodbyes.

I think the British crew - Kim, Hal, Jim and Annalene - are planning something for tonight. They will leave tomorrow morning, and I will head out the day after.

It's a really beautiful day in Dublin: nice temperature and weather.

Michael

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2012, 04:26:40 AM »

Good morning to all

Safe travels to elmoore3003
Never stop dreaming.

Michael

« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2012, 04:28:47 AM »

I returned home late last night to the report that Phyllis Diller passed away.

I was sad to hear of the passing of Phyllis Diller. I had the opportunity to meet her twice both working on the Julie Amato show in Canada. It was education watching her perform. Even had drinks after the show. It was during a break in the taping where the director Stan Jacobson asked her for a joke and she proceeded to tell the dirtiest joke I ever heard. I was sitting on a stool in the control booth and I literally fell off it. Afterwards I asked her about the joke and she told me that was the kind of humor women had to do in order to get noticed. But she refined her act to the one that we all know and love. And by fluke I found the show> Apr 5, 1977 - Julie Amato and Phyllis Diller spoof Mother Goose. Julie sings "You Make Me Feel like Dancing" and "What Are You Doing the Rest of Your Life?"
Never stop dreaming.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 05:01:47 AM »

Good news about DR JOHN G's friend Bonnie.  Continued healing vibes.

Continued recording vibes for MR BK and for DR ELMORE in far Erie.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

ChasSmith

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 05:04:50 AM »

Good morning, all.

Coffee, oh yeah, baby.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2012, 05:07:01 AM »

Phyllis Diller was a true original.....unfortunately her stab at a network television series was pretty lame - the premise was not a good fit for her.....and it was....well not very funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--fk7HzTipI&feature=related

My late friend John was president of one of her fan clubs - and I met her with him when she did a show in Indy way back in the 20th century.....she was a most entertaining lady quite unlike her public persona....at least with us.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2012, 05:07:27 AM »

Yes we are most anxious to see your photos from yesterday DR CHAS SMITH.

ChasSmith

« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2012, 05:07:36 AM »

A double helping of recording and traveling VIBES for BK and for DR Elmore.

ChasSmith

« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2012, 05:09:09 AM »

Phyllis Diller meant a LOT to me and my family in my growing up years.  A very special lady.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2012, 05:15:58 AM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I slept.
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #19 on: August 21, 2012, 05:16:24 AM »

bk - I'll text/call you later. I may be finished early today, so I may stop by the session.
Make Your Own Luck.

Doug R

« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2012, 05:17:01 AM »

Whilst driving around in the motor, I noticed that the sound from the stereo was coming through on only one of the two speakers. A bit of Googling indicated that this was a common fault and was due to the wiring between the car and door having snapped (all that opening and closing the door). I was able to reconnect the snapped wires by adding some speaker cable wrapped with insulating tape. Simple, but it did the trick. Being useless at fixing anything to do with cars, I now feel quite proud of myself. 

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #21 on: August 21, 2012, 05:19:14 AM »

As for the Topic of the Day...

The Crown

Although, I also remember getting upgraded to a suite at The Omni Shoreham in DC. It was truly the size of a large apartment.

Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #22 on: August 21, 2012, 05:20:01 AM »

DR elmore - Here's to a wonderful wrap-up session!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #23 on: August 21, 2012, 05:20:37 AM »

And since I want to grab a nice breakfast before today's auditions...

Laters...
Make Your Own Luck.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #24 on: August 21, 2012, 05:20:38 AM »

TOD:

Like DR Druxy, just about all my hotels stays have been pretty much non-descript.  However, there was the time when, because of a booking error on the hotel's part, I was bumped up to a suite at the Ritz Carlton in Dallas.  Talk about livin' large!  It was a HUGE room with big gorgeous views plus an incredibly luxurous bathroom (big jacuzzi bathtub and a walk-in shower that had jets of water coming at you from every direction!)  The only drawback was that I was on this trip by myself--it would have been much more fun if I had a work buddy to share it with.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2012, 05:27:16 AM »

I'm up after another night of spotty sleep.  Same deal - fell asleep at about 12:30, woke up at two, unable to get back to sleep until four, so about five hours of sleep.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2012, 05:40:37 AM »

Sometime during the early 90s, Phyllis Diller was a guest on a local "Morning Zoo"-type radio show for a broadcast that was held in the court of the Gallery (a shopping mall in the city.)  I was walking though on my way to work and stopped to watch some of it.  She was hitting it off pretty good with the team of radio jocks and played along with their routines.  During a commercial break, she told her version of The Aristocrats joke and the crowd roared!  The next day, the Inquirer ran a story about her appearance on the show and the radio hosts jumped over themselves heaping nothing but praise for "Phyl Dill".
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2012, 05:52:10 AM »

Phyllis Diller was a true original.....unfortunately her stab at a network television series was pretty lame - the premise was not a good fit for her.....and it was....well not very funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--fk7HzTipI&feature=related

My late friend John was president of one of her fan clubs - and I met her with him when she did a show in Indy way back in the 20th century.....she was a most entertaining lady quite unlike her public persona....at least with us.

I remember watching THE PRUITTS OF SOUTH HAMPTON religiously every week and learning the theme song by heart.  And just the other week I caught an episode of LOVE, AMERICAN STYLE that featured Pyll Dill along with Hermione Gingold, Nanette Fabray and Ruth McDevitt.

But I have absolutely no memory of THE BEAUTIFUL PHYLLIS DILLER SHOW.

-- Anaïs Nin

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2012, 06:12:19 AM »

And the word of the day is: NAFF!

And The Song Of The Day Is: WE'RE A COUPLE OF SWELLS

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2012, 06:19:44 AM »

Great Phyllis Diller stories from all. She was a bright spot on the comedy scene.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up