Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN  (Read 7940 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re: BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN
« Reply #120 on: August 21, 2012, 07:05:52 PM »

Car is booked, I'm mostly packed, so I can relax for an hour or so before starting the notes.  I don't really have to get up till nine-thirty, and then I'll Fed Ex my chocolate licorice and then relax till the car picks me up at eleven-fifteen.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #121 on: August 21, 2012, 07:06:03 PM »

Page five?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #122 on: August 21, 2012, 07:07:43 PM »

As for horrible hotel stories, well...

During the bus & truck tour I did of Anything Goes, we stayed in a couple of very "interesting" properties. The Ramada Inn in New Orleans had nice big rooms. Alas, it appeared that none of the tubs had been cleaned in weeks, if not months. I still remember turning on the shower and watching in shock and horror all the mildew and dirt on the floor of the tub start to "part".

Then there was the one in EconoLodge in Flint, Michigan (I think). Apparently, the property had just lost it's official EconoLodge franchise license: the "Econo" part of the big lighted sign out front was covered up. The linens were questionable. We were told NOT to use the back parking lot after 10:00pm. The double-locks did not lock. -And, yes, the first night we stayed there, there was some sort of drug bust in the back parking lot.

And then there was the Milford Plaza... Truly the smallest room I have ever stayed in. And one of the dirtiest too.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #123 on: August 21, 2012, 07:08:36 PM »

In the "Wow, I hadn't heard that department," Rosie O'Donnell is recovering from a heart attack that sounds very similar to the one I had 2 years ago.

I know you told us at the time, but what were your symptoms, DR Ginny?

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #124 on: August 21, 2012, 07:09:07 PM »

Car is booked, I'm mostly packed, so I can relax for an hour or so before starting the notes.  I don't really have to get up till nine-thirty, and then I'll Fed Ex my chocolate licorice and then relax till the car picks me up at eleven-fifteen.

bk - I can meet you for a quick breakfast. My auditions don't start till 10:30, and since they're starting with dancing, I don't really need to be there until 11:00.
Make Your Own Luck.

Cillaliz

« Reply #125 on: August 21, 2012, 07:09:27 PM »

Best experience: Teh Netherlander in Cincinnati

Worst: Super 8 in Butte, MT

I've stayed at the Netherlander, it was nice

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #126 on: August 21, 2012, 07:13:15 PM »

When I lived in San Diego county many moons ago, my then-boyfriend and I used to like to drive to the little mountain town of Julian. We discovered a most intriguing B&B there. Our first stay was rather conventional, ie, we stayed in the main house. However, there was a large tree in the rear of the house and they had built a tree house into it. No insulation, so it could get very hot or very cold. No bathroom--you had to come into the main house. Not really all that comfortable, but very fun. One night was enough. We had had our little adventure and then opted for comfort.
I loved Julian. Apple Country!
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Cillaliz

« Reply #127 on: August 21, 2012, 07:14:57 PM »

Keith & I each got a new keyboard & mouse today.  We picked out the same one.  It is nice not to have them sticking all the time.  Keith also got a new computer.

Well if you're getting a new mouse, it's nice to get a new computer to go with it :)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #128 on: August 21, 2012, 07:18:25 PM »

LOL DR Cilla. 

Cillaliz

« Reply #129 on: August 21, 2012, 07:19:11 PM »

One of my favorite motel rooms was at the Palazzo in Las Vegas when I went to a seminar.  The rooms are all suites and huge with an incredible bathroom.  I loved it.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #130 on: August 21, 2012, 07:19:58 PM »

Dinner tonight at Restaurant Week: Arugula with housemade andouille and a blackened tomato dressing, local chicken breast with fresh vegetables, and fresh  fruit for dessert. Followed by a cheese plate of Texas cheeses.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

« Reply #131 on: August 21, 2012, 07:20:10 PM »

We went to Best Buy which is near Falcon Northwest where Keith buys his computers & since I reminded him I really need a new keyboard he remembered he did as well.  Of course now I don't have an excuse for typo's.

Jane

« Reply #132 on: August 21, 2012, 07:20:48 PM »

BRUCE, SAFE AND EASY TRAVEL VIBES TOMORROW!!!

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #133 on: August 21, 2012, 07:21:34 PM »

We went to Best Buy which is near Falcon Northwest where Keith buys his computers & since I reminded him I really need a new keyboard he remembered he did as well.  Of course now I don't have an excuse for typo's.

DR Jane - You now have a new excuse for typos as you get used to your new keyboard. ;)
Make Your Own Luck.

Jane

« Reply #134 on: August 21, 2012, 07:22:13 PM »

Speaking of travel, leaving our little Medford airport I was subject to such a long search of my carry on luggage I almost missed my flight.

Jane

« Reply #135 on: August 21, 2012, 07:22:52 PM »

DR Jane - You now have a new excuse for typos as you get used to your new keyboard. ;)

;D

When I hit a key now, correct or not, it prints it.  Before it would skip letters.

Cillaliz

« Reply #136 on: August 21, 2012, 07:23:49 PM »

the worst room I ever stayed in was a place I was thankful to find.  I was driving through a blizzard and finally got off the road in Cameron,MO.   I waited too long because all the hotels seemed to be booked. I finally stopped at the Kam-Ron Inn (or something like that).  I got the last room.  The closet was a pipe coming off of a hot water heater, there was duct tape on the walls covering cracks, the phone was in a room you had to go outside and about 5 doors down to get to.  I'm sure it's not usually sold out with family travelers, but it was that night.   There was about a foot of snow in the morning and I heard someone was killed walking from his car on the interstate.   It was a nightmare of a room....clean, though...but if I hadn't found it, I'm not sure what I would have done

Jane

« Reply #137 on: August 21, 2012, 07:25:06 PM »

'night

Cillaliz

« Reply #138 on: August 21, 2012, 07:39:16 PM »

I spent 3 hours in the car with my client today.  I told her at one point I was trying to lose weight.  She said "You really did a good job last time you did it"  LOL  I told her I've known her too long if she saw me be fat, lose weight and get fat again.  Sheesh!

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #139 on: August 21, 2012, 07:41:07 PM »

Jane, you just reached a 45,000 post plateau! 

I got a picture of it, but for some reason, I can't log into Photobucket!  I'll e-mail it to my home and post it from there. :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Cillaliz

« Reply #140 on: August 21, 2012, 07:41:52 PM »

It was a draining day.  It was an asylum hearing for one of my favorite clients.  The judge didn't rule, but it was an emotional roller coaster.  I really don't know which way he's going to go on this one.

Cillaliz

« Reply #141 on: August 21, 2012, 07:45:30 PM »

I am so glad summer is almost over.   I'm alive and kicking, so I can't say it was horrible, but it was way down on the list of best summers ever...maybe not even on the list at all.  If this summer was a person, it would be off my Christmas card list!

Cillaliz

« Reply #142 on: August 21, 2012, 07:45:54 PM »

Never mind that I haven't sent Christmas cards in a couple years

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #143 on: August 21, 2012, 07:47:37 PM »

Jose call me in the morning.  Not sure if the timing will work, but let's see.

Cillaliz

« Reply #144 on: August 21, 2012, 07:47:41 PM »

I am looking forward to the next couple weekends.  I'm planning to actually work on the yard and the house.  Saturday night my friends are having another Hootie fest.  That's the party that got me started on my flute again last year.   AND if i'm very lucky and can stay healthy, I'm going to try to finish the upstairs room over labor day.

Cillaliz

« Reply #145 on: August 21, 2012, 07:47:55 PM »

Oh we can get past this page

Cillaliz

« Reply #146 on: August 21, 2012, 07:48:03 PM »

It just takes a little push

Cillaliz

« Reply #147 on: August 21, 2012, 07:48:10 PM »

And it takes a little shove

Cillaliz

« Reply #148 on: August 21, 2012, 07:48:30 PM »

And a little squeeze (like trying to fit into my dress pants)

Cillaliz

« Reply #149 on: August 21, 2012, 07:48:48 PM »

And we can't forget to smile
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up