Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: BERSERK  (Read 13565 times)

Ginny

Re: BERSERK
« Reply #120 on: August 30, 2012, 04:20:50 PM »

DR Ginny, if you can't vent here, where can you vent!!

That's a comfort, DR MBarnum!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #121 on: August 30, 2012, 04:22:25 PM »

DR DOUG R is that a new avatar?  Very nice.

I agree. :)
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #122 on: August 30, 2012, 04:22:42 PM »

They have posted the position that I am currently working as a contractor. I will be applying, probably later this afternoon, and would appreciate those job vibes and prayers HHW is so well known for.

~~~Job Applying Vibes for DR John G.!!~~~
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #123 on: August 30, 2012, 04:23:14 PM »

Getting ready to go to a REHEARSAL OF THE WHOLE SHOW!!!

Pray for Rosemary's Baby.

~~~Break Leg Vibes for DR JRand!!~~~

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #124 on: August 30, 2012, 04:25:42 PM »

Our "rainstorm" seems to be done - about eight minutes, but for six of the eight it was really coming down - the streets were so hot from before that steam is rising from them.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #125 on: August 30, 2012, 04:25:58 PM »

I just wish it would continue for a while and take the heat away.

George

« Reply #126 on: August 30, 2012, 04:31:04 PM »

Well, my writing partner, Bonnie, has discovered that we have sold 700 copies of the books in the three weeks that it's been out. But we don't know what that means. Is it good? Is it bad? I wish the woman at the publishing company had placed it in some sort of context.

Congrats, John G!  Selling 700 copies sound great!

George

« Reply #127 on: August 30, 2012, 04:31:52 PM »

THE LANGOLIERS -- good one, DR Ginny.

I never saw the movie, but I read the Stephen King story when it was first published.  I remember that I really enjoyed it.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #128 on: August 30, 2012, 04:33:39 PM »

Thanks, DRs John G and Jane.  Sorry to be such a complainer the past couple of days.

Anytime.  Yesterday was just venting, not complaining.  Today with your mother, that has to hurt. :(

She's always been one of the most positive, upbeat people I've ever known - sometimes annoyingly so.  It's really a downer to see her become so negative and withdrawn.

Trying on clothes that don't fit can do that to anyone.  Her problem sounded extra upsetting.  I hope you will find something she can be happy, or happy enough, with. 

VIBES YOUR MOTHER QUICKLY BOUNCES OUT OF HER MOOD & IS BACK TO HER NORMAL "ANNOYINGLY" HAPPY SELF!

Ginny

« Reply #129 on: August 30, 2012, 04:34:30 PM »

Congratulations to DR John G and Bonnie on the sale of their first 700 copies!
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #130 on: August 30, 2012, 04:38:35 PM »

I did go over to the neighbors and he was home and promised he'd fix the sprinkler timer.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #131 on: August 30, 2012, 04:39:00 PM »

Rain is done.  Come back little rain.

Jane

« Reply #132 on: August 30, 2012, 04:39:54 PM »

I did go over to the neighbors and he was home and promised he'd fix the sprinkler timer.

:)

MBarnum

« Reply #133 on: August 30, 2012, 04:54:18 PM »

Is DR Hisaka still in Los Angeles or has she returned to Japan? Wherever she is I hope she is happy and healthy...and maybe she will pop in her one day again and say howdy!

Jane

« Reply #134 on: August 30, 2012, 05:33:18 PM »

My thoughts as well DR MBarnum.

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #135 on: August 30, 2012, 05:51:52 PM »

Well, my writing partner, Bonnie, has discovered that we have sold 700 copies of the books in the three weeks that it's been out. But we don't know what that means. Is it good? Is it bad? I wish the woman at the publishing company had placed it in some sort of context.

I pre-ordered mine the day you mentioned it, so I've done my bit. Is anyone advertising it in San Antonio?  Will there be a book signing? Perhaps you and your co-author should hire a PR person?
The publisher has a PR staff, but they rolled out 25 of these across the country in one day. I think they're focused on Chicago or Nashville or Pittsburgh at the moment. We have one signing set up and are planning a second.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #136 on: August 30, 2012, 05:56:05 PM »

Good Morning!

I'm up, I'm up... And I biked about 11 miles this morning... And then I biked 8 more.

That is great. Do you get sore when you bike that much?

Ginny

« Reply #137 on: August 30, 2012, 05:57:06 PM »

Thanks, DRs John G and Jane.  Sorry to be such a complainer the past couple of days.

Anytime.  Yesterday was just venting, not complaining.  Today with your mother, that has to hurt. :(

She's always been one of the most positive, upbeat people I've ever known - sometimes annoyingly so.  It's really a downer to see her become so negative and withdrawn.

Trying on clothes that don't fit can do that to anyone.  Her problem sounded extra upsetting.  I hope you will find something she can be happy, or happy enough, with. 

VIBES YOUR MOTHER QUICKLY BOUNCES OUT OF HER MOOD & IS BACK TO HER NORMAL "ANNOYINGLY" HAPPY SELF!

Well, she's in constant pain, she's terrified of falling, and her eyesight is shot...

But, thanks for the vibes, anyway.

Jennifer

« Reply #138 on: August 30, 2012, 05:57:26 PM »

Job vibes for DR JohnG~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jane

« Reply #139 on: August 30, 2012, 05:57:28 PM »

I pre-ordered mine the day you mentioned it, so I've done my bit. Is anyone advertising it in San Antonio?  Will there be a book signing? Perhaps you and your co-author should hire a PR person?
The publisher has a PR staff, but they rolled out 25 of these across the country in one day. I think they're focused on Chicago or Nashville or Pittsburgh at the moment. We have one signing set up and are planning a second.

Jane

« Reply #140 on: August 30, 2012, 05:58:12 PM »

Last night we finally watched "Hunger Games"  We are looking forward to the sequel. 

Jane

« Reply #141 on: August 30, 2012, 06:00:31 PM »

Well, she's in constant pain, she's terrified of falling, and her eyesight is shot...

But, thanks for the vibes, anyway.

I can really identify with the first two.  I'm sure you know medications could also be causing depression.

DR Ginny, HUGS!

Jennifer

« Reply #142 on: August 30, 2012, 06:05:10 PM »

DR Jose where do you put your bike during all your stops?

Jennifer

« Reply #143 on: August 30, 2012, 06:08:53 PM »

Sleep vibes for BK ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #144 on: August 30, 2012, 06:10:33 PM »

Instead of watching the GOP convention, I'm watching another Aryan tale, the second half of 'Siegfried." And also "Night Gallery" season 3 came in at the library. So there'll be a few scary stories tonight.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jennifer

« Reply #145 on: August 30, 2012, 06:11:29 PM »

Vibes to DR Ginny' mom. Maybe try pants that are loose in the legs like gouchos. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jane

« Reply #146 on: August 30, 2012, 06:20:42 PM »

Hmm...interesting, as in good, suggestion DR Jennifer.  Pants like that can be fun & comfortable.  Finding them might be another problem.

DR Ginny, have you tried altering a pair of her pants?  Just have it taken in where needed.

Ginny

« Reply #147 on: August 30, 2012, 06:24:22 PM »

All pants are loose in the legs on my Mom.  She tried some today that weren't too baggy, but I'd made the mistake of telling her they were Size 8 and she didn't believe she could wear a size that small so she insisted that they were too tight around the waist.  I'm tempted to buy some and not tell her the size.

Jane

« Reply #148 on: August 30, 2012, 06:30:07 PM »

Taking clothes home for her to try on might be easier than shopping in the store. 

I think I was also under the impression the legs might not fit right.  If she knows the pants are an 8 just tell her "this style run big" or something like that.

Ginny

« Reply #149 on: August 30, 2012, 06:32:21 PM »

On the upside, I saw several things in the store today that might fit into my England wardrobe.  Think I'll go back tomorrow and take a closer look.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up