Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down

Author Topic: BARBARA, TAKE OFF YOUR PANTYHOSE  (Read 36353 times)

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
Re: BARBARA, TAKE OFF YOUR PANTYHOSE
« Reply #270 on: June 07, 2013, 05:07:29 PM »

Third grade was about when I started wearing them, too.  I'd been terribly nearsighted all along, but I didn't know I wasn't seeing any worse than anyone else, and no one else figured it out, either, till one day when I asked my grandmother, who took buses all over Columbus, how she always seemed to know which bus to get on.

My appendectomy was also during third grade.  In fact, it was shortly after that that I announced I didn't want to be Chuckie any longer, and would everyone please call me Charles.  What a year!

By 3rd grade I had long ago put a stop to being called Janie.  Or I should say for the most part.

I work with a woman whose legal first name is "Janie."  It's not a nickname.  However, she goes by "Jayne"...just not legally.  And my sister's boyfriend's name is "Larry," not "Lawrence"...but his older brother's middle name is "Lawrence." 

That's almost as bad as:

Lowe's Home Improvement Stores
AMC Loews Theatres
and of course ... Lerner and Loewe

;D

Jennifer

« Reply #271 on: June 07, 2013, 05:09:04 PM »

Has anybody been able to access the new HHW board on their kindle?  I tried deleting my history, and cookies. But it still goes back to the old board.  The only other thing I can think of is to type the title of today's notes into my google search.

:(

Jennifer

« Reply #272 on: June 07, 2013, 05:12:05 PM »

Why hasn't anyone here mentioned how many total days, hours, and minutes they have been on this site?

32 days, 1 hour and 4 minutes.

ChasSmith

« Reply #273 on: June 07, 2013, 05:13:40 PM »

40 days, 13 hours and 4 minutes.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #274 on: June 07, 2013, 05:15:08 PM »

Has anybody been able to access the new HHW board on their kindle?  I tried deleting my history, and cookies. But it still goes back to the old board.  The only other thing I can think of is to type the title of today's notes into my google search.

Have you tried putting the cursor in the URL field and hitting "enter" (or the return button)?  Or have you tried going to the column archives and getting to the notes that way? 

I haven't gotten on-line with my Kindle in a while, only because I have a downloaded e-book from the library that's expired and if I resync my Kindle with my account, that will go away.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #275 on: June 07, 2013, 05:16:01 PM »

DR Cillaliz, re: Weight Watchers.

Have you heard of the yonanas machine?  It takes frozen fruit and when you put it thru the machine it comes out like soft serve ice cream (if you freeze it the texture is like regular ice cream). You can put peanut butter or chocolate chips thru the machine too. But if you just use fruit it is supposedly zero points.

I would highly recommend this machine. I use it every week and have not eaten ice cream since. I know you can get it on amazon.com. And Bed Bath and Beyond and probably other places in the US. So good.

Wow, Jennifer, I was going to ask if anyone had tried that machine.  I saw it in a catalog last night, but I was not sure it would work.

It is fabulous.

I have had mine for more than a year. My niece got my sister one for Mother's day. AT my niece's party I was showing some people how to use it and one kid made his mom go out and get it that afternoon.

You freeze fruit and then defrost it for about 10 minutes and put it thru the machine. You get soft serve ice cream. I don't love the taste of plain bananas. So I use bananas for 1/3 of my recipe.

My favorite (and my niece's favorite) is peanut butter, mixed berries and bananas. It is their version of pb & j and is so good. I harden it in a lock n lock type container. And the next day I take the container out of the fridge and put it under hot water for 30 seconds. ANd then it tastes exactly like ice cream. Only no sugar and junk in it.

I've also made it with chocolate chips. I use all kinds of frozen fruit. Bananas and strawberries I freeze myself. Other fruits you can buy in those bags at the grocery store.

I use mine every week and store it in the freezer. This is my favorite kitchen gadget ever. Cannot recommend it highly enough.

Jennifer

« Reply #276 on: June 07, 2013, 05:17:37 PM »

Please forgive my posts if they get weirder than usual this afternoon and evening.  I was lifting that damn wheelchair out of the trunk and I lifted it wrong.  I must have pulled a ligament or some tissue between my ribs.  I thought I was going to pass out in the parking lot.  i made it into the house, but I had to take two of my pain pills just to stop those pain flashes everytime I moved or breathed.  I am afraid I am getting a bit loopy, but some of you probably won't even notice.

Feel better vibes. :(

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Jennifer

« Reply #277 on: June 07, 2013, 05:19:28 PM »

Is anyone else having trouble telling who is posting? I usually just glance at the avatars while i'm reading.

Jennifer

« Reply #278 on: June 07, 2013, 05:21:24 PM »

Have you tried putting the cursor in the URL field and hitting "enter" (or the return button)?  Or have you tried going to the column archives and getting to the notes that way? 

I will try this. I tried deleting my bookmark of HHW and then manually entering it after I deleted my history and cookies.

I think if there was another link to get to the board that wasn't haineshisway.com/smf then it would work.

George

« Reply #279 on: June 07, 2013, 05:22:45 PM »

I began wearing glasses in Grade Eight....and I was shocked what I had been missing....including the blackboard!

I'd probably needed glasses since the fifth grade, but I didn't actually get any until my first year in college. ::)

;)

:o  No one ever did an eye test, even a brief one in school?

Yes...but I cheated.  They had the kind of machine that you put your head in and I squinted my eyes so that I could read the charts, and they couldn't see me squint.  If it had been checked at an eye doctor's office, I would've had glasses much earlier than that.
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #280 on: June 07, 2013, 05:25:21 PM »

What is a New York Style Vienna Hot Dog?

Isn't that the congressman who was sending out revealing photos of himself?
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

George

« Reply #281 on: June 07, 2013, 05:29:29 PM »

Well, it's time for me to leave for the theater.  Tonight is the last evening performance of "Cinder Edna."  We'll also be recording the rest of the performances, starting tonight.  It's a special hard drive recorder that's hooked up to the mixing board, so it just has to be turned on just before we start and turned off when the show is over.

Then, all that'll be left are two shows tomorrow at 1:00 and 4:30, and the 1:00 performance on Sunday...then it's over!  AND I should be home in plenty of time on Sunday for the Tony Awards!

Be back later!

Ginny

« Reply #282 on: June 07, 2013, 05:29:50 PM »

Great workout at the Y and a pleasant walk around the first Friday festivities downtown.  Picked up dinner from Shaddock's (sorry, DR Elmore) and we're in for the night.
"Each of us lives with, and in and out of, contradiction.  Everything is salvageable.  There is nothing we cannot learn from."  --Sr. Mary Ellen Dougherty

Jane

« Reply #283 on: June 07, 2013, 05:47:33 PM »

Is anyone else having trouble telling who is posting? I usually just glance at the avatars while i'm reading.

Funny.  I guess I also look at names.

Jane

« Reply #284 on: June 07, 2013, 05:48:33 PM »

I began wearing glasses in Grade Eight....and I was shocked what I had been missing....including the blackboard!

I'd probably needed glasses since the fifth grade, but I didn't actually get any until my first year in college. ::)

;)

:o  No one ever did an eye test, even a brief one in school?

Yes...but I cheated.  They had the kind of machine that you put your head in and I squinted my eyes so that I could read the charts, and they couldn't see me squint.  If it had been checked at an eye doctor's office, I would've had glasses much earlier than that.

Amazing.  You must not have needed them too terribly.

Jane

« Reply #285 on: June 07, 2013, 05:54:04 PM »

Last Friday we were watching the sun set from our balcony on the Oregon Coast.

Jennifer

« Reply #286 on: June 07, 2013, 06:05:24 PM »

I am on my kindle. What Dr George suggested worked. Thanks. I went to the column archives then found todays notes. And was able to get to the discussion board from there.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #287 on: June 07, 2013, 06:06:23 PM »

I don't know how Kindle works, but there is no old board anymore - it doesn't exist.  So, if you're getting it then something in the Kindle has cached it and it needs to be cleared from the Kindle's memory.

Cillaliz

« Reply #288 on: June 07, 2013, 06:27:12 PM »

At movie night.  Tonights feature.......Harold and Maude starring Bud Cort and Ruth Gordon. 

Jane

« Reply #289 on: June 07, 2013, 06:34:29 PM »

It has been a long while since we watched Harold & Maude.  We should do so again in the near future.

Jane

« Reply #290 on: June 07, 2013, 06:35:40 PM »

Tonight we are watching, on Blue-ray, The Last Stand.  I'm not expecting too much from it. :)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #291 on: June 07, 2013, 06:54:07 PM »

Vibes for DR TCB.

I love HAROLD & MAUDE and the Cat Stevens songs!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #292 on: June 07, 2013, 06:55:12 PM »

Lovely sunset photo DR JANE.

I am watching the Boston Bruins vs. the Pittsburgh Penguins.  Two periods into the game and it is 0-0, but the game is closer than the score would indicate.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #293 on: June 07, 2013, 06:55:58 PM »

Beginning Monday, we are having a new roof put on the back porch of our house.....I hope it goes well....and does not take a LONG time.....

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #294 on: June 07, 2013, 06:57:37 PM »

I don't know how Kindle works, but there is no old board anymore - it doesn't exist.  So, if you're getting it then something in the Kindle has cached it and it needs to be cleared from the Kindle's memory.

It still exists in the Time/Space Continuum, but I doubt that it is accessible from there via Kindle.

Jane

« Reply #295 on: June 07, 2013, 07:06:40 PM »

Thank you DR Jrand

Jane

« Reply #296 on: June 07, 2013, 07:06:50 PM »

'night

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #297 on: June 07, 2013, 07:29:08 PM »

I can get it on my iPhone.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #298 on: June 07, 2013, 07:37:16 PM »

Vibes for TCB. (I typed that as Vibes or TCB, but caught it in time. This is not a game like Truth or Dare.)
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

« Reply #299 on: June 07, 2013, 07:39:45 PM »

Just finished "Behind the Candelabra." Very well acted. Loved the music. Found the script to wander a bit too much and the direction wandered, too, though not always at the same time.

I knew Debbie Reynolds was playing his mother, but I didn't recognize her. I did recognize Dan Aykroyd and Scott Bakula. Did not recognize Paul Reiser.

Rob Lowe may have been my favorite of the supporting cast. Genuinely creepy.
― Voltaire
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up