Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DIVOON VERONICA  (Read 12974 times)

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
Re:THE DIVOON VERONICA
« Reply #120 on: August 16, 2004, 09:09:06 PM »

...PAGE FIVE!

Panni

« Reply #121 on: August 16, 2004, 09:11:10 PM »

That's enough of a frenzy from moi. Time for some other DRs to take over.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #122 on: August 16, 2004, 09:14:30 PM »

Oh great. Now I want cheesecake and we don't have any.

The women's Olympic saber fencing was tonight. You'd never know it, though, because it wasn't on TV.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Tomovoz

« Reply #123 on: August 16, 2004, 09:16:05 PM »

Women fight tigers with fences!  I am so far "out of the loop".
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #124 on: August 16, 2004, 09:17:37 PM »

I am now about to listen to Olivia Newton John's Album "2". I gather she not only sees dead people, she sings with them too. If Natalie can do it!
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #125 on: August 16, 2004, 09:19:28 PM »

Women fight tigers with fences!

They would probably put that on TV!
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Tomovoz

« Reply #126 on: August 16, 2004, 09:52:14 PM »

I sense trouble ahead - more posts more posts.
Wilbur!
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #127 on: August 16, 2004, 09:58:39 PM »

Where in tarnation IS everyone today?  Is today a HOLIDAY?  

Tomovoz

« Reply #128 on: August 16, 2004, 10:04:30 PM »

No holiday here in OZ.
On Thursday we are going to see a production of "Carousel" starring Mr David Campbell. Really like Mr Campbell but can't imagine him in the role of Billy.
James Thurber 1957

Panni

« Reply #129 on: August 16, 2004, 10:10:38 PM »

Yes, today is a HOLIDAY. It's "Send Panni Cheesecake Day"!

Tomovoz

« Reply #130 on: August 16, 2004, 10:20:13 PM »

Mr Dale:  Miss ONJ and friends will be on their way in the morning - hidden track on there 2.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #131 on: August 16, 2004, 10:21:02 PM »

Yes, today is a HOLIDAY. It's "Send Panni Cheesecake Day"!
Nice try. Blame Canada if you don't receive any.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #132 on: August 16, 2004, 10:26:13 PM »

ONJ has been followed with "Inspiration" by Vic Damone. Just in case my holidays are confused. Not everyone plays Christmas songs on Panni Cheesecake Day.
James Thurber 1957

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #133 on: August 16, 2004, 10:30:11 PM »

I didn't get cheesecake, I got Vanilla Swiss Almond ice cream.

Tomovoz

« Reply #134 on: August 16, 2004, 10:34:31 PM »

Still listening to Mr Damone. Chestnuts roasting on an open fire sounds quite appropriate for the weather we are having here at present. And we are eating Turkey for our evening meal. Perhaps I should follow this CD with "Promises Promises".
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #135 on: August 16, 2004, 10:40:01 PM »

I'm doing my best BK.

I wonder where DR Jed of the late posts has gone. Almost time for a reappearance from DR Jose also.
James Thurber 1957

Tomovoz

« Reply #136 on: August 16, 2004, 10:44:21 PM »

A post from DR Ann would be most welcome!
James Thurber 1957

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #137 on: August 16, 2004, 10:59:23 PM »

Well, I just got back from my parents' house.  We had dinner (pork roast [not my fave], German potato dumplings, green beans, fried macaroni [I'll never understand why my mom makes this] and a cake made from a box but using olive oil instead of (regular) vegetable oil.  It did have a twinge of an olive taste...not good.  It wasn't horribly olivy tasting, but it was the tiniest bit noticeable.  
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #138 on: August 16, 2004, 11:05:45 PM »

Der B. and I just watched Kill Bill, Volume 1.  It certainly is...eclectic, I think is the right word.

Would the other DRs consider it a drama, or a comedy?
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #139 on: August 16, 2004, 11:23:14 PM »

I'm doing my best BK.

I wonder where DR Jed of the late posts has gone. Almost time for a reappearance from DR Jose also.

Well... And here I am!

Quite a nice day off... Which I will now break down in the following posts...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #140 on: August 16, 2004, 11:38:05 PM »

After a nice walk to the Metro, and a short ride to the Memorial Park station, I headed into Old Town Pasadena.  My initial plan was to walk right into Old Town Music and check to see if there was still a possibility of getting some part-time work there over the next few weeks.  Well, something told me to walk around for a bit before heading in, so I did some window shopping here and there, and then finally headed into the store.

So, I walk in and start browsing for a while.  I overhear one of the clerks talking about how a lot of the Russian composers and publishers have reverted back to the original Russian distributors and companies (as a result of the GATT (sp?) Treaty).  Well, after the customer left, I decided to follow up with the clerk on other publisher business from the past couple of years or so.  -I used to be a music buyer, and there were a lot of things up in the air publisher-wise when I last left the music store biz.

It turns out I was talking to one of the owners and founders of the store, a wonderful woman who goes by the name, Fritzie.  We talk about this and that.  Who now carries this?  Who now distributes that?  I tell her that I used to work for some stores around the DC and Richmond area.  Well, she asks, "Oh, do you know Foxes Music?"  Well, I reply, "Yes, I do - I used to assist the buyer there for about five-six years."  Then she goes on to tell me that she founded Old Town Music 25 years ago with one of the business partners who founded Foxes Music!  WOW?!?!?!

Yet, one more "Small World" story for Jose during his visit here in L.A.!  -Hmm...  And didn't the Sherman brothers write, "It's A Small World".  Hmmm...

I truly could not believe the coincidence!  And speaking of coincidences...

When I walked into the store, I noticed there was one section that had a bunch of cloths and tarps over it.  I found out that the construction workers upstairs had hit a pipe, and, unfortunately, the water started leaking down into Old Town Music.  Well... One of Fritzie's workers is currently on vacation, and since she needs some help to get that part of the store re-inventoried, re-ordered and re-arranged...  And since they're coming into busy season with the beginning of the school year...  Well, it does look like I'll be putting in some hours at the store!

We shall see...
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #141 on: August 16, 2004, 11:44:32 PM »

After leaving the music store, I walked around for a bit more...

Some nice sales at Macy's.  -It was interesting noting that the incoming Fall apparel was almost the same as the outgoing summer apparel - which, I guess is due to the fact that the weather here in SoCal does not truly get "cold" during the Fall (or Winter).  So, I may be heading back there tomorrow and picking up some pretty decent deals.  There were also some nice deals in The Cellar... Hmm... -Just how many boxes will I be shipping back? ;)

I checked out more of the shops up and down Colorado Ave, and found a wonderful mix of chains, upscale, downscale, and variety.  The whole strip could sort of be considered one big outdoor strip mall - without that strip mall "atmosphere".  And then it was off to meet DR Jay at the movies...
Make Your Own Luck.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #142 on: August 16, 2004, 11:49:07 PM »

Sounds like a wonderful opportunity, Jose!!  How fortuitous! :D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #143 on: August 16, 2004, 11:52:59 PM »

As DR Jay mentioned, we saw "A Home At the End of the World" - which, as it turns out, is not the easiest title to say to the box office clerk.  ;)

What a wonderful movie.  Great acting all around - the acting of the "kids" in the movie was particularly moving.

I had not read anything about the movie at all except for catching some of the blurbs about how Mr. Farrell got "edited".  Well, editing or no editing, I still would have loved this movie.  A wonderful story told in a very simple way, really.  I, too, found myself tearing up here and there.  And I left the theatre feeling quite happy too.

And I may have to buy the soundtrack for this movie too - it's a great "sampler" of the late 60's, 70's and early 80's.  Laura Nyro to Duncan Sheik.  -And Duncan Sheik's scoring and over-the-closing-credits song are pretty good too.
Make Your Own Luck.

Panni

« Reply #144 on: August 16, 2004, 11:53:26 PM »

Whoa! I was watching The Sopranos and I fell asleep big time. Passed out. Dead to the world. Couldn't figure out when I woke up what David Letterman was doing on The Sopranos.  Must let out the doggie and get ready for bed. Will check out the Notes in a few minutes.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #145 on: August 16, 2004, 11:57:06 PM »

OH!  And another wonderful surprise was finding the package that Steve had sent out from Richmond on Saturday morning waiting for me when I got back tonight!  According to the tracking label on the box, it left Richmond Saturday night, and arrived at LAX a couple of hours later!  So, basically, I got the package Overnight/Express - and it was only sent Priority!  Thank you, USPS!  Thank you, Steve!

-And it only took me about an hour to go through everything...  As I suspected, most of it was junk mail... So, I'll be mailing back about 20(!) credit card company Business Reply Envelopes... EMPTY!  SHEESH!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
« Reply #146 on: August 16, 2004, 11:58:23 PM »

And that was my day... more or less...

What will tomorrow have in store for me?

;)
Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up