Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: THE DIVOON VERONICA  (Read 12864 times)

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
Re:THE DIVOON VERONICA
« Reply #60 on: August 16, 2004, 12:51:55 PM »

What if The Exorcist had been produced by the Walt Disney Studios instead of Warner Brothers?

For some reason, I can't get the idea of Donald Duck trying to wrap his bill around the name "Pazoozoo."

:-\ ;)

Or how about:

The Absent Minded Exorcist

The Exorcist Wore Tennis Shoes

Bedknobs and Crucifixes
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2004, 12:57:17 PM »

Page Three Dance:

And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #62 on: August 16, 2004, 12:59:16 PM »

Jean Simmons=gorgeous and wonderful in everything.

When I think of the beautiful Gene Tierney I think of THE GHOST AND MRS. MUIR.

Jean Simmons was perfectly cast as Desirée in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC (the touring production). And Gene Tierney? She was one of the most stunning of all. (I'm thinking of her in THE RAZOR'S EDGE.) It's interesting that nobody has mentioned Brigitte Bardot. I think that Lee Remick was exquisite, yet I wouldn't call her a goddess.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #63 on: August 16, 2004, 01:04:52 PM »

I must add Audrey Hepburn to my list. I adore her. In my young actress days I would often wear huge Audrey Hepburn sunglasses. 8)

Yes, I was often mistaken for her. ;)

Panni

« Reply #64 on: August 16, 2004, 01:11:06 PM »

I will soon have a $15. Gift Certificate for the CHEESECAKE Factory. Guess what I'll get?
My DD has a new hobby. She loves to eat out, but she's an impecunious college student. So what she does is call head offices of places to complain about the service or the food. They always apologize and send her a gift certificate. Thus the Cheesecak Factory certificate. But as she's leaving the country tomorrow, she won't be able to use it and is mailing it to her DM.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #65 on: August 16, 2004, 01:17:58 PM »

I will soon have a $15. Gift Certificate for the CHEESECAKE Factory. Guess what I'll get?
My DD has a new hobby. She loves to eat out, but she's an impecunious college student. So what she does is call head offices of places to complain about the service or the food. They always apologize and send her a gift certificate. Thus the Cheesecak Factory certificate. But as she's leaving the country tomorrow, she won't be able to use it and is mailing it to her DM.

When Dunkin' Donuts started using the large flat boxes, I wrote an e-mail complaining about how clumsey they are to carry and how much space they take up on the countertops and in the fridge.  They sent me coupons for two free dozens.  It does pay to gripe!  
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 01:23:07 PM by Dan (the Man) »
-- Anaïs Nin

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #66 on: August 16, 2004, 01:32:00 PM »

Jean Simmons was perfectly cast as Desirée in A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC (the touring production). And Gene Tierney? She was one of the most stunning of all. (I'm thinking of her in THE RAZOR'S EDGE.) It's interesting that nobody has mentioned Brigitte Bardot. I think that Lee Remick was exquisite, yet I wouldn't call her a goddess.

I was about to mention Lee Remick but wasn’t sure the dates fit.

Jane

« Reply #67 on: August 16, 2004, 01:35:28 PM »

I have also received some nice coupons.  The last time I called Baskin Robbins to inquire when they will have English Toffee again they didn't send me anything.  Maybe I'm now on the "calls too often" list.

Dan (the Man) Jane now has a headache.  ;D

Dan-in-Toronto

« Reply #68 on: August 16, 2004, 01:41:52 PM »

DR Panni,

I knew a charming woman who lived in her own apartment till she was 95. She had the same hobby as your DD, but mainly because she enjoyed the company. She'd explain to customer service that the milk went bad too soon, the box of crackers wasn't full, the telephone was hung too high for her to reach, etc. She'd always tell her age and would request that someone come by and make things right. Then she'd serve tea and have a lovely visit.

Jane

« Reply #69 on: August 16, 2004, 01:44:55 PM »

Dan-in-Toronto I love that story.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #70 on: August 16, 2004, 01:56:29 PM »

I had never seen LEAVE HER TO HEAVEN until a few months ago, and my, what a different Gene Tierney that was from the ones in THE GHOST AND MRS. MUIR, LAURA, and other roles where she's noble, true-blue, and sweet.

No one is a bigger fan of Audrey Hepburn than I, but when you say goddess, I guess I just think of a more sensual, lusty type. But if others are putting her on that perch, I will certainly join the club!
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #71 on: August 16, 2004, 01:59:20 PM »

Having had a rather terrible night of sleep, I availed myself of an invitation to sun bathe and swim at my friend's pol this afternoon. After a weekend of Hurricane Charley and Tropical Storm Bonnie's droppings, it was nice to see the sun shine once again.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #72 on: August 16, 2004, 02:00:52 PM »

A question for the ethicists at HHW.

I have a friend in the building whose mother passed away last week. I thought it would be a nice gesture to bring her some comfort food, and I know she likes cheesecake.

So I baked one this morning. But it looks so good that I'm tempted to bring her just half and keep the rest.

Is that tacky? Please be perfectly frank.

(I'm not trying to influence anyone's decision, but Bev lives alone. And she's not Jewish - so I don't think she'll have to feed guests this week. On the other hand, I do know that this cake freezes well.)

This is why I make cookies. You can always steal a few without anybody finding out.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

Jane

« Reply #73 on: August 16, 2004, 03:05:46 PM »

I just checked the bus stops for my trip to Portland.  It leaves Medford at 6:05am.  I will be on the bus for all of 10 minutes before it makes a 30 minute meal stop in Central Point.  Same goes for the return trip, 10 minutes from my stop I get a meal break.  Oh joy!

I can’t eat the junk from these places to begin with, and certainly not at that hour of the morning.  :P

Sandra you are so clever.  :)

Panni

« Reply #74 on: August 16, 2004, 03:22:55 PM »

Dan-in-Toronto I love that story.

Me, too!  
I wonder what would happen if you called Gold's Gym to complain and asked for someone to come over and make things right? ....I bet I've just created some nice afternoon fantasies for a few DRs.

Jenny

• May we come to trust the dreams we must fulfill.
« Reply #75 on: August 16, 2004, 03:31:06 PM »

You forgot to include The Cassandra Crossing.  It's so embarassing that it's fun.  Basic plot summary: Train fall down, go boom!

That sounds terrible, but what a cast!  Sophia Loren, Ava Gardner, Burt Lancaster, Martin Sheen, Richard Harris, Lee Strasberg, and O.J. Simpson!  Not bad.

We're apparently not the only people who admire the great screen goddesses!  "Boyo-2"'s review of The Cassandra Crossing on imdb.com says "Any movie that has two of the goddesses, Ava Gardner and Sophia Loren, is worth a look for that reason alone."
"I am always thinking of myself, and I expect everyone else to do the same.  That is what is called sympathy." -Oscar Wilde

MBarnum

« Reply #76 on: August 16, 2004, 03:31:52 PM »

I just checked the bus stops for my trip to Portland.  It leaves Medford at 6:05am.  I will be on the bus for all of 10 minutes before it makes a 30 minute meal stop in Central Point.  Same goes for the return trip, 10 minutes from my stop I get a meal break.  Oh joy!

LOL! Maybe you ought to just catch the bus in Central Point instead and avoid all the excess waiting time and Central Point is only another 2 minutes away from Medford...less if you are on the freeway!

You know, when I lived in Central Point, back in the olden days, we didn't even have a Greyhound bus stop there!

Jane

« Reply #77 on: August 16, 2004, 03:36:18 PM »

LOL.  You still wouldn't.  It is only a food stop listed as RSMedford.  

Jane

« Reply #78 on: August 16, 2004, 03:41:16 PM »

The stop is at a Pilot Gas station.  I can not begin my trip there.  If I can find out where it’s located, and can keep my luggage with me on the bus, I can sneak off the bus on the return trip and have Keith pick me up in Central Point

Sandra

• "Stupider."
« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2004, 03:42:16 PM »

Man am I bored. I'm trying to read all these Communist books before school starts, but they're all either boring, depressing, or a combination of the two. I don't know how I'm going to sit through this class for a whole semester.
The mountains are pretty.

"I'm gonna put the little fish in the big tank, and the big fish in the little tank." -- talkative bus driver

MBarnum

« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2004, 03:45:14 PM »

I was just looking at Central Point's web site...did you know that Hank Williams was the mayor! Who knew?!

Also, when I lived in Central Point (from 1974 to 1978) the population was only around 6,000..now it has more then doubled to 13,000...that place is a boomtown! LOL!

And, I discovered that one of my interviewees, Mr. William Reynolds - star of THE THING THAT COULDN'T DIE and FRANCIS GOES TO WEST POINT, lived in Central Point for a few years in his childhood!
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 03:46:41 PM by MBarnum »

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2004, 03:47:18 PM »

Back from a good Mexican lunch.  Just heard from our theater and we will have brand spanking new speakers in by Thursday morning at the latest - then I have insisted that we come in long before showtime to reset the sound levels with the new speakers, if necessary.

MBarnum

« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2004, 03:47:32 PM »

The stop is at a Pilot Gas station.  I can not begin my trip there.  If I can find out where it’s located, and can keep my luggage with me on the bus, I can sneak off the bus on the return trip and have Keith pick me up in Central Point

Well, take some good books and don't talk to strangers!

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2004, 03:54:59 PM »

Me, too!  
I wonder what would happen if you called Gold's Gym to complain and asked for someone to come over and make things right? ....I bet I've just created some nice afternoon fantasies for a few DRs.

Sure...just make sure you  have a lot of mirrors on the walls....and those Gold Gym boys will stay and stay....

:D
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 03:57:51 PM by RLP »
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2004, 04:02:57 PM »

Playbill.com has announced that:  Tony Winner Denis O'Hare Joins "Once Upon a Mattress" Film

He's going to play Prince Dauntless.  They've addressed the issue of Tracey Ullman being too old to play Winnifred..and why Denis O'Hare (not a spring chicken, himself) is going to be Dauntless:  A lot of times the networks were thinking about a teenager for the role, but that's not really what the story is about. . . . [Since much of the plot concerns the Queen's refusal to let anyone under her rule marry], it makes sense that the [characters] are more adult."  

I suppose that makes sense.  And if it's the concept to have an older prince, you might as well have an older princess.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2004, 04:05:45 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Jennifer

« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2004, 04:09:57 PM »

Okay I'm confused.  DR Panni, is your DD complaining about service she's received, or just calling places she'd like to eat?

Jane

« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2004, 04:12:14 PM »

Well, take some good books and don't talk to strangers!

Of course I will talk to strangers.  ;D I just hope I will be awake enough to read the books, if I’m capable of reading on a bus without getting car sick.

Boy I wish the break were farther along on the trip.  Stretching my legs in Eugene sounds more appealing.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2004, 04:25:44 PM »

Of course I will talk to strangers.  ;D I just hope I will be awake enough to read the books, if I’m capable of reading on a bus without getting car sick.

Boy I wish the break were farther along on the trip.  Stretching my legs in Eugene sounds more appealing.

I don't suppose that this would be a smart thing to do, but you could pull the cord to stop the bus (if there is one) then rush out and pretend to throw up.  You'd then have a good couple of minutes to "recover."  Huh?  Would that work?? ;D
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Panni

« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2004, 04:54:51 PM »

Still on Page Three? Do I have to do everything myself? Okay... Lift, heave...

Panni

« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2004, 04:56:57 PM »

...Push...grunt, groan...roll...pant, pant.......another PUSH...
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up