Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Down

Author Topic: HELL BENT FOR LEATHER  (Read 46351 times)

Jennifer

Re:HELL BENT FOR LEATHER
« Reply #90 on: October 24, 2003, 10:39:48 AM »

For TCB: I think you just type in your birthday and the system figures out your sign.

Ben

« Reply #91 on: October 24, 2003, 10:39:54 AM »

TCB, you needs must enter your birthday  within the profile to get your Zodiac sign. If you did that, it should post. I hope we are not out of line discussing this on the Notes Post page :-)

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #92 on: October 24, 2003, 10:42:56 AM »

Craig is a softie...plain and simple.

Your wish was granted yesterday, Craig, when I got my first "Karma" privileges.

I gave karma to every single person who had posted, including Swishy Sarah.  I'll have to wait till Sunday to give her some more.

But I fear it will be some time before those algebra grades come up.  :(

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
    • Our Wedding:  The Musical
« Reply #93 on: October 24, 2003, 10:44:59 AM »

DR Joy - how do you get the smilies into your posts?

I go to the site above, click on the desired smilie, copy the link below the smilies box, and paste it into the message box.  It comes with img tags already attached.  How conveeeeenient!

BK:

In answer to your question in the Notes, I am reading with the religion of Joyism, which I created in response to my frustration with and lack of connection to Catholicism, with which I was raised.
Farmer, pointing the way with radish.

Jennifer

« Reply #94 on: October 24, 2003, 10:52:06 AM »

Btw- Swishy Sarah is the first day "i can do it..." on page 4.

And I did read the notes. And i'll prove it. It may be 95 degrees where you are. But here it has been like 35 :(

MrMarkBakalor

« Reply #95 on: October 24, 2003, 10:55:45 AM »

I'd like to note a problem that I had this AM in catching up with yesterday's messages that had been posted yesterday after I had logged off my computer for the day when I left my office.  When I last viewed the messages yesterday, there were about 5 or so pages of messages, but when I logged on this AM we were 9 or more pages.  I could not, however, start browsing directly at page 5 when I linked to yesterday's messages in order to move forward through the un-read messages since there were only  links to the first few pages in yesterday's messages and to the last page of messages.

The solution to this is simple, actually. All one has to do is click on the "new" button next to today's discussion thread. This will load the first page of unread notes since your last check and will take you automatically to the first unread message.

Ron Pulliam

« Reply #96 on: October 24, 2003, 10:59:49 AM »

Now look at that small postage stamp below.  It's nothing compared to the monster poster at the top of page 2.

What am I doing wrong?    ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 24, 2003, 11:01:17 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #97 on: October 24, 2003, 11:02:18 AM »

I'm enjoying Juliana's journal, but I am so intrigued by the "minor epidemic" which she is "not at liberty" to discuss.  What could it be?  The mind races!!

It reminds me of a story that a dance teacher told me once.  She was in the national tour of A Chorus Line and this was in the 70's when everyone was really into drugs (unlike now, right?   ::) ).  So this one girl, we'll call her Shaleesa, gets a batch of Quaaludes and shares them with, among others, the girl playing Morales.  So it gets toward the end of the show, and Morales's 'lude starts kicking in.  She starts to sing "What I Did For Love" and immediately it is clear that something is amiss:

"Kiss todaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyy.........
Gooooooooooooood.... byyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyeee.................. ........"

At this point, the orchestra is already up to "Wish me luck, the same to you".  Someone else in the cast steps in to finish the song.  The post-show dressing room announcement goes something like this:

"Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for a great show and special thanks to Ziggy for catching up there at the end.  Please be advised that the batch of Quaaludes that Shaleesa acquired is tainted.  Please DO NOT take these pills if you have them.  Please THROW OUT any pills that you received from Shaleesa.  Thank you.  Tomorrow's call is 7:30 p.m."

Could be an urban legend, but it's a fun story.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #98 on: October 24, 2003, 11:04:22 AM »

Thank you Jennifer and Ben, but I entered my birthday the first day, and it still hasn't figured out my astrological sign.  Of course, I am a cusp, so I may have short-circuited the whole thing.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

MBarnum

« Reply #99 on: October 24, 2003, 11:05:57 AM »

Hey Mark that tip of yours works great! I had had the same question regarding tyring to get back to where I had last left off reading posts. Hitting the "new" button took me right to the area I was last in!!! Cool!

Maybe you should do a "Cool tip of the day" post for us as there are probably tons of nifty things we can do on this here sight that we never even imagined!

Ben

« Reply #100 on: October 24, 2003, 11:06:08 AM »

Hey, DRs, mostly those of you on the East Coast and thereabouts. I have a favor to ask. I am collecting the U.S. Mint State Quarters (I know, I know, I've been called a geek before). My brother-in-law in Minnesota is also collecting them. I'm just collecting the ones from the Philadelphia mint, he, however, has decided that he wants the coins from both Mints, Denver and Philadelphia. Since he's in Minnesota, he gets the Denver Mint quarters. I'm in NY so I get the Philly quarters. I get my quarter and then when I get another of the same state, I send it off to my BIL so he can have both. I am having trouble getting another Maine quarter. Missouri is the latest quarter to be released and there are 24 released so far. I'm up to date with everything for myself but in the months that the Maine quarter has been out, I've only found one and it's in my book. If any of you DR happen to have an extra Maine Quarter with a miniscule P on it (on the right bottm under George W - not Bush but Washington), could you send it on to me so I can send it on to my BIL. The back of the Quarter has a lighthouse on it. It's a very nice design, I think. You can e-mail me or send me an IM if you see my on board here. Thanks in advance. :)

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #101 on: October 24, 2003, 11:09:55 AM »

In my DVD player-Indiana Jones Collection
In my CD Player-Jimmy Buffett-Meet Me in Magaritaville(and I'm getting very thirsty)

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #102 on: October 24, 2003, 11:21:35 AM »

In answer to your question in the Notes, I am reading with the religion of Joyism, which I created in response to my frustration with and lack of connection to Catholicism, with which I was raised.

That's funny.  You don't look Joyish.
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #103 on: October 24, 2003, 11:25:52 AM »

Jay:

Thank you for causing me to snort Mexican rice up my nose. ;)

Jay

« Reply #104 on: October 24, 2003, 11:29:54 AM »

DR Joy--

Happy to oblige.

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #105 on: October 24, 2003, 11:35:35 AM »

Jay-you don't look Jayish!

Jennifer

« Reply #106 on: October 24, 2003, 11:35:47 AM »

Okay I'm going to try to add the smiley.

Btw, i accidently went to clicksmiles, instead of clicksmilies. Not the same site!

I'm having a bit of a problem getting the one i want to show in the link.

Jennifer

« Reply #107 on: October 24, 2003, 11:39:44 AM »

I click on the smiley I want. And I see the link. But then many more smilies appear. How do I choose one of them?

Btw-I'm trying very had not to cry right now.  Guys can truly be insensitive.  Why would a guy who knows you love him more than anything tell you about a date he's going on with another girl???

Jay

« Reply #108 on: October 24, 2003, 11:40:43 AM »

The solution to this is simple, actually. All one has to do is click on the "new" button next to today's discussion thread. This will load the first page of unread notes since your last check and will take you automatically to the first unread message.

This little technique is better than sliced bread!  

Jennifer

« Reply #109 on: October 24, 2003, 11:43:27 AM »

For TCB maybe you accidently typed the day before the month. I'd recheck it. Or ask DR Mark on the technical site.

Jennifer

« Reply #110 on: October 24, 2003, 11:45:07 AM »

Maybe 2 stars will make me feel better.

I agree, I would love a cool tip of the day!

Because I wonder if anyone figured out about hitting the "new" button. But it is great!

Jennifer

« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2003, 11:47:03 AM »

Okay here I go.

Btw, I like the flags too! Very cute. And thankfully everyone's pics seem to have gotten smaller.

Jennifer

« Reply #112 on: October 24, 2003, 11:50:36 AM »

I thought 50 gave 2 stars? :(

Jennifer

« Reply #113 on: October 24, 2003, 11:52:12 AM »

Ah it's 51 that does.  I see only me and BK have 50.  I guess no other posters are as obsessive as me! :)

HollyLynn

« Reply #114 on: October 24, 2003, 11:54:48 AM »

Ok... my first post was Monday on the old board and this is my first post on the new message board!  What a week!

Enjoy the weekend!  I've got a show opening on Saturday (a Halloween play/Edgar Allen Poe thing--it's been a fun show to work on)

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #115 on: October 24, 2003, 11:57:32 AM »

Jennifer:

When you first go to the home page, you see a bunch of different smilies with category names, such as "Weapons", "Cheeky", "Mixed", "Cars", etc.  You click on one of those to go to the category, then you'll see all the smilies for that category.  When you click on the smilie you want, the url at the bottom of that box changes.  Every time you click on a different smilie, it changes.  So you copy and paste that into the box, and voila!

About this boy you think is insensitive, I think we need more details.  How do you know he knows you love him that way?  Is he your boyfriend?  Is he a friend for whom you have unrequited feelings?  When he told you about the date, did he tell you in order to share his happiness with you as a friend, or as an "I just want you to hear this from me and not from the grapevine" type of thing?

François

« Reply #116 on: October 24, 2003, 11:58:07 AM »

I Get Dizzy
Oh So Dizzy!

......and my name is not Walt! -- I know, I know; it's not funny... but I like it!

Yes, I get dizzy from all the options the new site offers!

Now, I also know it's not Ask BK Day, but some of us -- most of us -- would enjoy an interview of Ms Karen Morrow by the Master. Please!

Cold here; it feels like winter already....

More later....

Ben

« Reply #117 on: October 24, 2003, 12:01:32 PM »

3pm and we already have 116 posts! What hath Bruce wraught?

It's great btw, not complaining at all.

Joy

• I want to be a horsie.
« Reply #118 on: October 24, 2003, 12:01:40 PM »

Welcome, HollyLynn!

Oh, and Jennifer, I forgot to tell you:

Jennifer

« Reply #119 on: October 24, 2003, 12:04:53 PM »

Hey DR Joy: Okay I'll try the smiley thing you suggested.

I don't really want to talk about the guy too much. But I will say this. He knows how I feel. He was my boyfriend. But he lives in a different city and it is very hard.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10   Go Up