Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: THE PROBING OF SITZ  (Read 5747 times)

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
Re: THE PROBING OF SITZ
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2014, 07:47:21 AM »

Congrats to DR SINGDAW on his millstone.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

ChasSmith

« Reply #31 on: May 15, 2014, 08:05:39 AM »

I also love my AAA membership...to date, I have never had to change a flat tire myself. And for that, I am grateful!

I, too, feel much safer on the road with my AAA.

While I always have my AAA card on me, I sometimes (seldom, but it happens) leave my cell phone behind.  That is when I feel something will happen and I'll have no easy way to call them.

Yesterday the phone AND keys got locked in the car.  Fortunately, I had my wallet in my pocket which made getting hold of AAA and identifying myself one hell of lot easier than it might have been.

What happened was this:  I stopped at a fast food jernt for a small snack and some hot coffee, intending to get right back on the road.  Instead of using the drive-thru, I went inside to use the restroom, then ordered and carried everything out to the car, sat down, and put the key in the ignition.  Then I remembered I needed to transfer the hot coffee to my travel mug.  (I NEVER drink out of those horrid hot paper cups and foul tasting plastic lids.)  I got out to pour it, and being right next to another car, I shoved the door shut with my elbow and walked around the car to do the pouring.

Now, the car had been completely unlocked with the key remote, and since I'd then opened it up, nothing further should have happened.  But a second or so after I shoved the door shut, the car's security system re-locked all doors.  And there I was, with my (ahem) coffee in my hands.  Basically, the security system behaved as though I'd remotely unlocked it but did NOT open a door.  In that case, after 30 seconds it would re-lock.

Talk about a big FAIL there.  The dealer just told me it could be the car's radio going bad (it controls the security system, and it's 12 years old) or just possibly there's a broken wire from the years of door-opening that sent the wrong door-open/shut signal.  I'll be having them check it out tomorrow or Saturday.  In the meantime, not that I'll ever repeat that scenario, but one new procedure is to have a second car key on my person at all times.

ChasSmith

« Reply #32 on: May 15, 2014, 08:23:57 AM »

And I'm that way about the cell phone, too.  I was a late-adopter of cell phones (I got my first one a few months after 9/11), and I really use them mostly for utility purposes and essentials -- getting and making necessary calls, the occasional necessary text, and having my email with me.  Of course I do a few other things -- sometimes keep up with HHW and HTF, etc. -- but even though I don't live on it all day and night like the Young People do, I never want to be without it.  It really is essential these days.  Another new procedure after yesterday's incident is to use the damned belt clip and likewise keep the phone on my person when out and about.  ESPECIALLY when out and about in foreign lands such as beautiful downtown Carlisle, PA.   :)

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #33 on: May 15, 2014, 08:32:44 AM »

ESPECIALLY in the U.S. of A.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2014, 08:33:16 AM »

Congrats to DR SINGDAW on his millstone.

He probably feels like it's attached to his stomach and not his neck.
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2014, 08:51:26 AM »

True that, DR Ron Pulliam.       :)
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2014, 08:52:04 AM »

Finally able to log back in to HHW, after being unable to access the site for many hours this morning.
I just come here for the novelty coffee mugs and their trenchant commentary on the little ironies of everyday life.

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2014, 08:54:30 AM »

From the 9/11 museum, entitled "Trying to Remember the Color of the Sky on that September Morning," by artist Spencer Finch:

FJL

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2014, 09:41:27 AM »

John G - thanks for your email about the castrecl posting!

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2014, 09:48:05 AM »

Good morning. 

Matthew

• You there, why are you so late?
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2014, 09:48:27 AM »

Has anyone here been to Vienna?  If so, what was the best/worst thing about it?

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2014, 09:50:21 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Fell asleep around one-fifteen, up at three-fifteen, back asleep at five-thirty and up at nine thanks to someone from the film crew shooting at the usual house down the street - NINE o'clock in the morning asking if he can pay me and serve lunch to the cast and crew on the front lawn.  I said absolutely not.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2014, 09:50:55 AM »

So, maybe five hours of sleep - not enough - and for whatever reasons I'm still slightly queasy this morning, probably lack of sleep.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2014, 09:51:36 AM »

From three to five I did get the rest of the singers their music and I wrote a fun pre-show announcement for Abner, that we'll have Mayor Dawgmeat record.

ChasSmith

« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2014, 10:07:29 AM »

I'm up, I'm up.  Fell asleep around one-fifteen, up at three-fifteen, back asleep at five-thirty and up at nine thanks to someone from the film crew shooting at the usual house down the street - NINE o'clock in the morning asking if he can pay me and serve lunch to the cast and crew on the front lawn.  I said absolutely not.

What???

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2014, 11:13:19 AM »

From the 9/11 museum, entitled "Trying to Remember the Color of the Sky on that September Morning," by artist Spencer Finch:

Loved reading about the controversy over the Virgil quote. But I hadn't seen it in this setting. That is gorgeous, as was the sky that morning. And that makes it all the sadder.
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

John G.

• Dance, if it makes you happy.
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2014, 11:14:51 AM »

Did he want you cater the luncheon, too? For an extra $10? What movie is this?
“Let us read, and let us dance; these two amusements will never do any harm to the world.”
― Voltaire

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #47 on: May 15, 2014, 11:25:38 AM »

From DR Ginny:
When the red-tailed hawk visits our yard, all the other birds, along with the squirrels, chipmunks, and rabbits, make themselves scarce.

We often see the smaller birds protecting their nests by chasing the hawks away.

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #48 on: May 15, 2014, 11:27:59 AM »

Stange dreams this morning.  I woke up at 8, but decded to go back to sleep.  My very first dream was me picking up a mug of hot coffee and then losing my grip and dropping the mug in my lap (which of course was in bed).  I jumped myself awake and I scared the Hell out of Nicky!

Then later, I was attending (or was in) a production of GUYS AND DOLLS.   I assume it was Jack's production.  The entire dream revolved around my confusion over the new song in the score.  "If That's A New Hourglass, Then Your Time Is Running Out."

« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 11:49:45 AM by TCB »
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”

Jane

« Reply #49 on: May 15, 2014, 11:28:20 AM »

btw

did you know that the reason why she posed this way for this iconic photo is that she was very pregnant

Really!

Jane

« Reply #50 on: May 15, 2014, 11:32:21 AM »

Has anyone here been to Vienna?  If so, what was the best/worst thing about it?

Craig and Keith now feel bad they wouldn't take me to Vienna when we were 45 minutes away.

ChasSmith

« Reply #51 on: May 15, 2014, 11:35:21 AM »

OMG.  Dreams. 

I'm not making this up: 

The dream I remember from last night involved one of those electric sandwich-grilling devices, and seeing vixmom's face on the slices of bread I'd put into it along with a few odds and ends ingredients I was using up.  It was like vixmom was the spokesperson for the device, and this was a commercial.  Sort of.

Do we file this one under "religion"?  Or "erosion of sanity"??

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2014, 11:54:29 AM »

I've had that dream, too!!!

Jane

« Reply #53 on: May 15, 2014, 12:06:17 PM »

DR Chas & DR Singdaw  ;D :D

Jane

« Reply #54 on: May 15, 2014, 12:11:09 PM »

I'm nervous as I'm having a little procedure done on my toe today.  I have an ingrown toenail, the result of not being able to reach my toes after my shoulder surgery.  It is odd how a shoulder injury caused so many little problems with my feet when I couldn't take proper care of them.

I hope I don't regret doing this.  I expect most people wait until the pain is greater than mine or there are more issues.  I am walking slower on the treadmill and not jogging.  To me that is a big problem.

Jane

« Reply #55 on: May 15, 2014, 12:16:49 PM »

I'm not surprised, still it is nice to know that Casey Kasem has been found.
http://gma.yahoo.com/casey-kasem-found-safe-wash-060700477--abc-news-topstories.html?vp=1

singdaw

• Someone in a tree
    • David's Facebook Page
« Reply #56 on: May 15, 2014, 12:18:32 PM »

~ ~ ~ ALL KINDS OF VIBES (MEDICAL, COPING, & OTHERWISE) ~ ~ ~ for DR Jane today!!!!

Jane

« Reply #57 on: May 15, 2014, 12:21:33 PM »

Thank you DR Singdaw.  How are you feeling today?

ChasSmith

« Reply #58 on: May 15, 2014, 12:27:23 PM »

DR singdaw, something about the way you worded it made me wonder if this was this a new hernia operation or a repair to a previous one.

Just curious.  I'm up for one eventually, but at the rate my own ripoff medical insurance is going this year, I'm waiting on anything I can until next year when I can go on Medicare.  Also, for a hernia, I'm quite sure I'll also want to wait till I have a couple of very quiet weeks in which I can move about quietly at home during recovery!

TCB

• Because I can!
« Reply #59 on: May 15, 2014, 12:36:59 PM »

One more post.
“One thing’s universal,
Life’s no dress rehearsal….”
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6   Go Up