Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: WE HAD US A TIME  (Read 14585 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
Re:WE HAD US A TIME
« Reply #90 on: October 04, 2004, 05:52:53 PM »

And one for Mahler.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #91 on: October 04, 2004, 05:55:09 PM »

Chat in a mere five minutes.  Be there or be round.  Be there to welcome our first-time chat visitor.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #92 on: October 04, 2004, 05:57:22 PM »

Chat in a mere two minutes - actually the chat room is open right this very minute so get your butt cheeks in there and let's have a chat fest, shall we?

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #93 on: October 04, 2004, 05:57:46 PM »

I've been engrossed by That's Entertainment on TCM.  It's being shown in this strange ratio.  What's up with that?
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #94 on: October 04, 2004, 05:58:34 PM »

Happy Birthday TAMMY MINOFF!
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
« Reply #95 on: October 04, 2004, 06:03:54 PM »

Chat is open and we're having a par-tay!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Panni

• What are men for -- if not to amuse a woman!
« Reply #96 on: October 04, 2004, 06:57:16 PM »

RLP - I feel I must tell you that I am NOT a cat lover -- although I'm weirdly fond of the odd cat that lives in my yard. I just feel sorry for any dead animal -- except perhaps a rat (unless it's Ben -- not DR Ben. Not that I wouldn't feel sorry if I saw DR Ben by the side of the... Never Mind!)

Panni

« Reply #97 on: October 04, 2004, 06:57:59 PM »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MS MINOFF!

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #98 on: October 04, 2004, 07:15:04 PM »

Chat was one of the best ever.  Still going strong so stop by.  And I'd say we need a frenzy or two right about now.

George

« Reply #99 on: October 04, 2004, 07:19:35 PM »

It was a very lively and sparkling chat.  Even Jenny showed up and experienced her very first chat!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #100 on: October 04, 2004, 07:23:42 PM »

However, within a span of about a minute, seven people left chat!  I have to leave now, too (so that makes eight, including me).

For some reason, I'm craving a Big Mac. ::) Also, I have to let in the cat that's being house-sat.

Jane

• Have a REALLY nice day!
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2004, 07:26:00 PM »

Hi,

I have the use of a computer at my hotel.  I'm off to my room in a few minutes but stopped to say hello.

Jose, last night I had a very enjoyable dinner at Aangan.  Tonight I had chinese food with a very nice woman I met today.  She is participating in the study with me.  

Danise she has a similiar accent to yours.  I forget where in Florida she is from.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #102 on: October 04, 2004, 07:30:52 PM »

We want to hear ALL about everything, Jane.

Jane

« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2004, 07:31:42 PM »

Happy Birthday to Miss Tammy Minoff!!!

Jane

« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2004, 07:33:05 PM »

Maya, I'm sorry you found the cat.  I know it must still be upsetting.  Were you able to find the owner?

RLP your poem soffened Maya's story and I'm now thinking of all my lost cats having a wonderful time.

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2004, 07:37:54 PM »

According to the final episode Dreyfus was really played by an actor in a dog suit.
Well, not exactly.  The "actor in a dog suit" was a final joke.  Through the series, Dreyfuss was played by Bear, a real (and really large) dog trained by Joel Silverman.
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

Jane

« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2004, 07:42:05 PM »

Bruce, you don't want to hear about all the tests I had today.  They did go well.  More to come tomorrow. The people at the study are all very nice.

It was fun making a friend to spend time with this evening.  I have yummy leftovers but I don't think there is a frig in my room.  I might snack a little bit more before going to bed.

My cold sitting in the lobby at the computer.  It is cold in my room.  This hotel, which I shall not return to, has central heating.  Since the weather is nice during the day the heat is turned off.  It might have been nice if I had been told that before booking the room.  Even nicer would be if I had been informed not to turn on the heat in my room as it only blows cold air from the pipes.  So last night I made the room very chilly and couldn't get to sleep.  To make up for my complaints of freezing all night I have been given a complimentary breakfast.  Wish I really wanted to eat first thing in the morning before my next test.

The best thing about this hotel is the sncak machine.  It sells Austin Zoo Animals which I haven't been able to find for the last four years.  I had them for breakfast and lunch today.  I shall buy more to snack on during my train trip to NY tomorrow.

Ben I did see your message.

Jane

« Reply #107 on: October 04, 2004, 07:43:39 PM »

Please make sure Jenny gets this message tomorrow.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNY!  HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!  :D :D :D

Jane

« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2004, 07:45:03 PM »

Goodnight.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #109 on: October 04, 2004, 07:46:46 PM »

Soon she of the healing hands will arrive and all will be well with the world.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #110 on: October 04, 2004, 07:50:30 PM »

Back from rehearsal...

Eating dinner - Chinese...

DR Jane - Glad to hear that you enjoyed Aangan.  Sorry about your hotel.  *I normally stay with my family when I'm in the DC area or I would have given you a hotel recommendation.  ;)

DR Maya - Be sure to say HI to Mark K Molineu for me!  -I told her to say HI to you! ;)  -And I'm sorry I won't be able to play VTAs/SETCs at the end of this month. :(

OK - Let me finish my dinner... I'll be back..

Laters...

OH!!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, TAMMY MINOFF!!!
Make Your Own Luck.

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2004, 07:51:48 PM »

Chat's kinda empty.

We had more people sitting around the piano with Stephen Schwartz this morning.

Oh, well.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2004, 08:14:55 PM »

Sorry I had to miss chat. Rehearsals continue (if that's what you call them. I call them chaos.)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2004, 08:18:24 PM »

Chat was full until about seven fifteen.  She of the Healing Hands has arrived and is setting up her table.

Jenny

• May we come to trust the dreams we must fulfill.
« Reply #114 on: October 04, 2004, 08:18:32 PM »

Please make sure Jenny gets this message tomorrow.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JENNY!  HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!  :D :D :D

Oh!  Why, thank you for the early birthday greeting!  ;D :-*
"I am always thinking of myself, and I expect everyone else to do the same.  That is what is called sympathy." -Oscar Wilde

Panni

« Reply #115 on: October 04, 2004, 09:12:13 PM »

Hey, Jenny - it's after midnight where you are.How does it feel to be 16?

Panni

« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2004, 09:14:45 PM »

(If you get the Disney Channel, I think TIGER CRUISE is on at 3 AM or something like that. What better way to celebrate?)

S. Woody White

• The Lecture!
« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2004, 09:19:58 PM »

[size=20]Happy Birthday, DR Jenny![/size]
There are worlds out there where the sky is burning, and the sea's asleep, and the rivers dream; people made of smoke and cities made of song. Somewhere there's danger, somewhere there's injustice, somewhere else the tea's getting cold. Come on, Ace. We've got work to do.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #118 on: October 04, 2004, 10:16:28 PM »

Might I just ask where in tarnation IS everyone?  Sad to be all alone in the world.  I'd say we need us a frenzy or two right about now from some late-night denizen or other.

My massage was lovely, Jacuzzi was lovely, and now I shall sit on the couch for a few minutes then write the notes.

JoseSPiano

• Who wants ice cream?
    • The View From A Piano Bench
« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2004, 10:22:15 PM »

Good Evening!

Car Update:  Well, they found three things that needed to be fixed.  Two small things, and one thing that could go either way - financially speaking.  I'll know tomorrow what the status is.  Thankfully, every place I need to get to tomorrow is in an easy walking distance - as it was today.

And it was a great day to walk.  A beautiful late summer/early fall day.

Closet Update:  I got it all cleaned out, and I just put everything away.  And I even managed to consolidate a few bags and boxes at the same time!

I left the lights off while I was at rehearsal, and I came home to no "evidence" of mice, so... I think sealing up the hole in the corner helped - and will help - to keep the visitors away.

Rehearsal Update:  Tonight was the first orchestra rehearsal for The Producers.  Tour 1 - The Max Company - is playing here this week in Richmond.  Surprisingly, they're only travelling with the drummer and the keyboard player.  I thought at least the lead trumpet or the percussionist (since the percussion set-up includes a typewriter) would travel with them too, but not in this case.  The orchestra sounds great.  A bunch of them had played Tour 2 - The Leo Company (the one with Alet (Oury) Taylor's husband) - earlier this year in Norfolk, and that helped a lot.  There's a lot of music in the show, and a lot of notes.

I just audited tonight.  Sat back and listened and marked my score up.  The part seems a lot less daunting now.  Most of it is just rhythm - boom-chick, boom-chick - with some "exposed" licks here and there - mainly sound effects.  I have a one-on-one coaching/learning session with the assistant conductor/keyboard player in the morning at 10:00, and we should be able to get through the whole book with no major problems.  The rest of the orchestra will also be in rehearsal at that time finishing up the rest of the show - we stopped tonight right before "Springtime for Hitler".  Then sound check at 3:00, and then show at 8:00 - which I'm auditing.  I won't be playing until the Saturday matinee.

Unfortunately, it looks like Alan Ruck who plays Leo on this tour will be out this week due to illness.  Ah, well.  I was looking forward to seeing him in the role.  I've seen him a few times on Broadway - including his debut in Biloxi Blues with Matthew Broderick.  -And he would go on to play the best friend in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off" opposite Broderick again.

Well, I'm tired and I need to get to bed...

Goodnight.

Make Your Own Luck.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up