Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: VAMP TILL READY  (Read 21690 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:VAMP TILL READY
« Reply #60 on: November 11, 2004, 11:05:25 AM »

On to Page 3hree!!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #61 on: November 11, 2004, 11:06:42 AM »

Pogue - the signing on the 4th at Bookfellows is still on - no change there.  I will, however, unfortunately miss your bash if it's on the 5th.  

George

« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2004, 11:07:27 AM »

And the Page 3hree Dance:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%][/move]
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

Charles Pogue

• "The heart must bleed; not slobber." - F. Loesser
« Reply #63 on: November 11, 2004, 11:13:25 AM »

BK, our bash is on the 12th!  Wasn't your signing  at  Bookfellows originally on the eleventh?  I thought this was so, because you had asked for the London dates and when you heard them, said I would be back for the the signing.  Guess not!

Jennifer

« Reply #64 on: November 11, 2004, 11:17:35 AM »

I've only been to London once.  It was a trip that my sister won.  The theatre was fun.  One thing I had a big problem with was the time difference.  My body is so completely freaked by the change.  I really had problems eating before evening.  Luckily I don't have those same problems when i go to the West Coast.

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #65 on: November 11, 2004, 11:18:33 AM »

My Absolute Dream Vacation ("absolute dream" because it could never really happen) would be to see Theater Set Around the World In the Native Languages!  Starting with Sondheim, I'd go to:

New York to see Company
London to see Sweeney Todd
Sweden to see A Little Night Music (in Swedish)
Italy to see Passion (in Italian) and Do I Here a Waltz (in English and Italian, of course)
Rome to see A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (in...whatever language they spoke back then)
and for the final Sondheim portion of the trip, Japan to see Pacific Overtures (in Japanese)

Then, I'd branch off into other shows set around the world:
Australia for The Boy From Oz
Paris for The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Les Miz and The Phantom of the Opera (in French),
Berlin for Cabaret and Grand Hotel (in German)
South Africa for Sarafina
Russia for Fiddler on the Roof (in Russian...I have the Israeli cast recording in Yiddish)
and Argentina for Evita (like that would ever happen!  I do have the Madrid cast recording in Spanish, though)

THAT would be my Dream Vacation!  (To make this a reality, I could very easily accept sponsorship and call it my Absolut Dream Vacation! ;D Yea, that's the ticket!!)

I think this is a fabulous idea!

Jennifer

« Reply #66 on: November 11, 2004, 11:20:23 AM »

I think we must have done the dream vacation topic recently cause I can remember my answers.

Right now I want to go to Venice and Hawaii most.  Plus another cruise.

George

« Reply #67 on: November 11, 2004, 11:20:40 AM »

I think this is a fabulous idea!

Thanks!  Okay, let's start saving our pennies!

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #68 on: November 11, 2004, 11:27:36 AM »

Thanks!  Okay, let's start saving our pennies!

For the trip itself? Or to produce all those shows in all those locations?

Ron Pulliam

• The 1st HHW God!
« Reply #69 on: November 11, 2004, 11:38:00 AM »

Venice!  I meant to say I want to go to Venice before it sinks.  I don't believe that Vienna is sinking at all (at this time.)

Thank goodness!  I had mental flashes of hundreds of thousands of Vienna sausages all soggy and waterlogged!
Measure your life by moments that take your breath away, not by the breaths you take in a moment.

elmore3003

• What is it, fish?
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2004, 11:44:41 AM »

My Absolute Dream Vacation ("absolute dream" because it could never really happen) would be to see Theater Set Around the World In the Native Languages!

Then, I'd branch off into other shows set around the world:
Australia for The Boy From Oz
Paris for The Hunchback of Notre Dame, Les Miz and The Phantom of the Opera (in French),
Berlin for Cabaret and Grand Hotel (in German)
South Africa for Sarafina
Russia for Fiddler on the Roof (in Russian...I have the Israeli cast recording in Yiddish)
and Argentina for Evita (like that would ever happen!  I do have the Madrid cast recording in Spanish, though)

No Bangkok for THE KING AND I?
No Budapest for SHE LOVES ME or I MARRIED AN ANGEL?
No Syracuse for THE BOYS FROM?
No provincial France for CARNIVAL?
No Salzburg for THE SOUND OF MUSIC
No Vienna for THE GAY LIFE
No Lichtenberg for CALL ME MADAM?
"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats" - Albert Schweitzer

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2004, 11:53:26 AM »

And then you can just head down the Thruway to Buffalo for THE FULL MONTY.  ;)

(Stop off in Rochester to say hi, though.)

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #72 on: November 11, 2004, 11:59:14 AM »

Okay, I've just checked, and indeed DR LMore's arrangement of "New Words" on Unsung Musicals preceded by one year Glenn Mehrbach's for Andrea Marcovicci.  

I just listened to both of those, plus The Sexiest Man Alive (Brent Barrett--I want him to read this, if he's googling his name) on The Maury Yeston Songbook.  

Of the two first arrangements, I like Larry's best, I do.  But of the three versions of the song, I think Brent carries it better--he is singing to the child rather than the audience.  And the song is so delicate that piano alone really seems most appropriate.

I was shocked, however, to discover after repeated listenings that Maury rhymes "around us" with "astounds us".  For shame!  Lehman Engel is rolling in his grave.
"Champagne to my real friends, and real pain to my sham friends!"
--Wayland Flowers

td

• td
« Reply #73 on: November 11, 2004, 11:59:17 AM »

td, I am crushed that you have no desire to visit us on the Left Coast.  I believe we took a vote recently, and I am sure you were awarded honorary Northwest membership…… or was that Martin Mull?

Now, TCB, if you were considered a national monument, rather than a national treasure. . . .
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #74 on: November 11, 2004, 12:00:47 PM »

Actually, Lehman was still alive when Maury wrote the song.  And I think he was so transported by it that he forgot to nit-pick.
--Wayland Flowers

MBarnum

« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2004, 12:07:22 PM »

My dream vacations would be to Denmark, Scotland, England, and after seeing Tomofoz's photos, France!

I have made two of my dream vacations so far and that is Los Angeles and Japan! Both places I hope to visit again!

George

« Reply #76 on: November 11, 2004, 12:10:43 PM »

No Bangkok for THE KING AND I?
No Budapest for SHE LOVES ME or I MARRIED AN ANGEL?
No provincial France for CARNIVAL?
No Salzburg for THE SOUND OF MUSIC
No Vienna for THE GAY LIFE
No Lichtenberg for CALL ME MADAM?

This will be next year's tour!

MBarnum

« Reply #77 on: November 11, 2004, 12:12:23 PM »

Do any DRs watch "Extreme Makeover: Home Edition" on Sunday nights? Well, I am proud and excited to say that my nephew John will is at this very moment working on an upcoming episode! John works for Centex Homes and he was sent up to Seattle to film and episode in which they are building a home for a widow and her 3 children. I don't know if John will get much, if any, time on camera, but we told him to be sure to take his shirt off in order to have the best chance of appearing! LOL! That is if Ty Pennington does not get jealous of having another good looking guy on the show!

Anyway, look for my handsome nephew John in an upcoming episode!!
(he is the blond guy in the dark blue t-shirt)

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #78 on: November 11, 2004, 12:19:53 PM »

DR MBarnum:  Looking forward to seeing your nephew.  With his shirt off.
--Wayland Flowers

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #79 on: November 11, 2004, 12:19:56 PM »

Pogue, I got confused.  Here's the deal: The Bookfellows signing was moved up to the 4th of December.  So, it appears that you can't come to that one.  Then I go to NY, but I'm back on the morning of the 8th.  The Mystery Bookshop in Westwood signing is on the 11th, which hopefully you can attend, and then I will indeed be able to attend your bash.

Okay, techno-hainsies:  I need step-by-step easy instructions to load music from a CD onto my computer.  I have never done this before.  I'd like to save the music as some kind of file, I guess, that I can then send to someone so they can load it onto a site.  I hope I'm being clear.  So, the only thing I know how to do is put the CD in the tray.  From there I'm lost.  It has to be really spelled out for me in the simplest and clearest fashion (capri pants and a white v-neck sweater).

Stuart

• No one is alone.....
« Reply #80 on: November 11, 2004, 12:27:53 PM »

DR MBarnum:  Looking forward to seeing your nephew.  With his shirt off.

You're so polite.

(But so do I, DR MBarnum)

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #81 on: November 11, 2004, 12:30:55 PM »

In any case, it is clear that good looks run in the family.
--Wayland Flowers

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #82 on: November 11, 2004, 12:31:15 PM »

MBARNUM how exciting....and I hope you are enjoying your days off!

Thanks for the METROPOLIS info DRGEORGE.

DRELMORE wasn't CALL ME MADAM in Lichtenstein rather than Lichtenburg?  I am not certain....

WELL.....I have a theatre-related project now.  I will be choreographing the four numbers in the Phoenix Theatre professional production of Christopher Durang's MRS BOB CRACHIT'S WILD CHRISTMAS BINGE.  

Has any DR seen this particular show.  I don't get the CD of music until Monday, so right now I am all at sea.
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #83 on: November 11, 2004, 12:32:30 PM »

MR BK - I think DRGEORGE has done this many times.  If you don't get a response - you might email DR JMK because I am sure that he knows how as well.

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #84 on: November 11, 2004, 12:35:21 PM »

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
« Reply #85 on: November 11, 2004, 12:48:00 PM »

Under the heading of TOO LATE:  DRELMORE I found my copy of that WHERE'S CHARLEY? program today.

Cast included Noel Harrison Marion Marlowe, Arlene Fontanna, Terence Monk, Dean Dittmann, Kaye Hart, and Charles Caron.  It was Kenley (Ohio) Players production.

William F. Orr

• Jeeper Creepers!
« Reply #86 on: November 11, 2004, 12:50:08 PM »

JRand, that link suggests using the "Rip" button.  I don't think that is on all versions of Media Player.  Mine has "copy from CD" on the left side, however.
--Wayland Flowers

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #87 on: November 11, 2004, 01:10:17 PM »

WELL.....I have a theatre-related project now.  I will be choreographing the four numbers in the Phoenix Theatre professional production of Christopher Durang's MRS BOB CRACHIT'S WILD CHRISTMAS BINGE.  

Has any DR seen this particular show.  I don't get the CD of music until Monday, so right now I am all at sea.

DR JRand, Durang is my all-time favorite comic playwright!  I've been wanting to see this play since I first heard about it--it sounds so incredible funny!  I hope you have a good time working on it.
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #88 on: November 11, 2004, 01:12:03 PM »

London is - after all - London.

The only time I was there - we saw LETTICE AND LOVAGE which ws okay....but there was a musical version of METROPOLIS playing as well.  I voted for it, but was outvoted.  Did anyone see it?  I don't think it ever made it stateside!

A professional company here in town mounted METROPOLIS five or six summers ago for a summer theater production. I found it abysmal. I'm sure the London version was spectacular with lots of effects and machinery. On the tightbudget the group had here, there was nothing spectacular visually, so all that was left was the tedious book and, to my ears, an unmelodic score.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Dan (the Man)

• Classic Dan(theMan)
« Reply #89 on: November 11, 2004, 01:21:05 PM »

This might help a bit:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/windowsmediaplayer/getstarted/copy.mspx

Hmmm...I never used Windows Media Player to rip CDs because it was only able to produce low quality wav files.  But version 10 seems to be a winner.  I'm just now trying it out and I'm finding that I can rip to mp3 files (my usual preference) at 192 Kbps, which is excellent.  

Now I'm sorry that I purchased MusicMatch this past weekend...
And the day came when the risk it took to remain tight in the bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom.
-- Anaïs Nin
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up