Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Down

Author Topic: I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TIME IT WAS  (Read 24142 times)

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TIME IT WAS
« on: October 26, 2003, 01:14:59 AM »

I hope you read the notes before reading this here post and coming to this here board.  I hope you went to www.haineshisway.com first, oh, yes, I hope you did, otherwise I shall have to bitch-slap you from here to eternity.

Now, who will be our very first post?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2003, 12:54:26 AM by bk »

Ron Pulliam

Re:I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TIME IT WAS
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2003, 02:12:41 AM »

Me-me-me-me-me-me-me-me-meeeeeeeee!

Huzzah!

And I only had to be up at 2:12 a.m., PST, to be the first poster!

All those sleepy heads on the East Coast should have been up at 5 a.m., EST, so they, too, could have vied for first post!

DR Jed:  Let me be the first on the list to wish you a Happy Birthday ON your actual birthday!

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happy Birthday, Jed[/move]

I found some untapped energy a few hours ago and cleaned out my refrigerator.  I'm glad to say I found no dancing chunks of ham or cheese, but I had to throw out a piece of "What is it, fish" I'd forgotten was in there, and it didn't look any too happy to have been left in the refrigerator.  There was also some spinach and collards, both of which were entertaining spores of some sort.  I won't go into the two quart-sized milk containers from whenever it was I left them in there.  They're gone now.  I took the trash out lest the warm air incited some form of growth or other activity.

While I did have one whole strawberry daiquiri Friday evening (and nodded off in my chair for nearly three hours afterward), I contented myself with iced tea this evening and have had no unseemly naps in my chair or elsewhere.

I just completed watching "Elaine Stritch: At Liberty" on DVD and found it absorbing.  She really can disturb a song, though.

BK:  Do you keep all the DVDs you watch?  If so, how do you store them and where?  Those and the CDs, of course!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2003, 02:51:03 AM by Ron Pulliam »

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2003, 04:07:47 AM »

Well, Dear Wife Joy was absolutely brilliant at that party we performed at last night.  So good, in fact, that we were each given double the salary we'd bargained for.  That'll come in handy.  The lady whose birthday it was, we were told in advance, wanted Richard Rodgers songs.  I was all prepared to do I Didn't Know What Time It Was (and NOT as a Daylight Savings Reference) but she told us she much preferred Hammerstein to Hart.  A lot of the time we underscored the dining, but whenever Joy hit a high note, they dropped their silverware to applaud.
I think this was the right decision: much more fun than my high school reunion, which would have cost a bundle to go to.  Here we got out on the plus side and got to catch the tail end of the World Series.  Better to admire the accomplishments of a 23-year-old hurler than to learn the dubious accomplishments ("I'm in Real Estate!") of those much older.
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

Angela

« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2003, 04:57:19 AM »

BK -- your smiley looks more like wet noodle than a bitch slap!  Ah shucks, I couldn't resist.....
Where ever you go, there you are.........

Jennifer

« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2003, 05:57:42 AM »

Happy Birthday Jed!

td

• td
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2003, 05:58:34 AM »

Oh, svelte BK, you simply must tell us whether or not THE SOLID GOLD CADILLAC has the final scene in technicolor!

I'll have my Warner toons tomorrow!  I've heard that I should not get rid of my laserdiscs just yet, though.

So, it's still free-for-all Sunday, right?

The first order of business, of course is to say:

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]HAPPY NATAL DAY, JED[/move]
« Last Edit: October 26, 2003, 07:07:03 AM by td »
If I could be for only an hour, cute, cute, CUTE in a stupid-assed way!

Jennifer

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2003, 06:00:19 AM »

Hey Emily: I actually love the Bifteque! Although I've never had the steak there.  I also used to go there a lot as a child.  Now I only go maybe twice a year.  But I like their ribs, and I think it's nice for parties!

Thanks for the karma!

Ben

« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2003, 06:11:29 AM »

Why, thank you TD, but I think you meant Jed. I admit I did mention my birthday in a post yesterday, but that was in relation to hitting 50 posts and turning 50 in February. I have a few months to go before the next natal day.

I turned all my clocks back last night, except for the cable box, the VCR and the computer, because each of those appliances do it themselves, so I am up to time (similar to being up to date).

Ben

« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2003, 06:11:51 AM »

Oh, yes, and happy birthday on the real day to DR Jed.

Jennifer

« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2003, 06:16:08 AM »

Btw, I forgot to mention that yesterday I tried my first krispy kreme donut.  They opened their first location here months ago. But it is not really near where I live. Well yesterday while I was shopping, some people were selling them for a charity. So I bought a dozen.  Although as soon as I got in my car I could barely keep myself from crying.  The money was being raised for a small boy who has a brain tumor. And the only operation they can get is in the US. And the Quebec government won't pay for the treatment.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2003, 06:18:14 AM by Jennifer »

Jennifer

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2003, 06:23:24 AM »

Have any of you Big Brother fans checked out canoe's Survivor coverage?  Especially the transcripts.

http://jam.canoe.ca/JamSurvivorPearl/home.html

td

• td
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2003, 06:23:40 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]HAPPY BIRTHDAY JED ! ! ! ! [/move]
As you can see, I've found my pointy hat and pantaloons:

Jrand73

• Valley of the Dolls.
    • Facebook for Jackrandall
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2003, 06:32:32 AM »

Lots of lovely late posts and pictures last night.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]Happy REAL Birthday, DR JED!![/move]

Yes, DR MBarnum has contributed MANY photos and facts to Brian's Drive In Theater, a wonderful site.  He is the one who introduced me to it.

He is also the author of a couple of interviews with stars of the "Hercules" type movies that will appear in the next issue of Scarlet Street!!  With photos!   ;D

Sounds like the Groucho Marx set is a must have.  Thanks, Mr BK, for letting us know.

So, hmmmmmmmm.....do you as theatre goers think that a matinee performance is any different than an evening performance?  Do you think the different time of day makes for a better or worse performance?  Do you feel differently about shows you see in the daytime?
« Last Edit: October 26, 2003, 06:32:59 AM by JRand53 »
.....you're alone.....and the feeling of loneliness is overpowering.

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2003, 06:43:33 AM »

Happy Birthday, DR Jed!!
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

Jay

• This is the face of a voracious aficionado
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2003, 06:56:41 AM »

Dear Reader TD:  Thank you for the early morning guffaw.  Where do you do your shopping?

Dear Reader Jed:  Happy Birthday!
You cannot change the past but you certainly can shape the future.

td

• td
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2003, 07:10:02 AM »

Dear Reader TD:  Thank you for the early morning guffaw.  Where do you do your shopping?

I find that Google has only the finest attire. . .some may like Filene's bargain basement, but, it's always Google for me!

ArnoldMBrockman

• so many possibilities
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2003, 07:43:51 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]GOOD MORNING......The Florida Marlins -RAH!RAH!RAH![/move]

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2003, 07:44:06 AM »

Hooray for Monday Chat! I don't get to participate in the chats as often as I'd like so I'm thrilled about getting to be a part of this one. Looking forward to spending an hour with you folks on Monday eve.

::)

Wow! I had NO IDEA that THE SOLID GOLD CADILLAC was slated for release! It's my absolute favorite Judy Holliday movie followed closely by THE MARRYING KIND.

It's a dreary, dreary day in NC, so it's nice to have this discussion forum to come to to brighten things considerably.
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Kerry

« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2003, 07:58:27 AM »

Happy B'Day again to Jed!  I want to see a picture of td IN the pantalons and pointy hat!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2003, 07:59:33 AM by Kerry »
I like boat races.

Matt H.

• Side by side by Sondheim
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2003, 08:07:16 AM »

I just wanted to reiterate how important it is each day to go back and read the last postings of the previous day. If I hadn't done that, I would have missed those super pics DR Ron posted from SEVEN BRIDIES FOR SEVEN BROTHERS (with Jeff Richards and Tommy Rall both especially noteworthy for different reasons) and the remarkable LILI poster, a movie that I adore. (Hey, Warners, when are you going to release this MGM classic on DVD?)
If at first you don't succeed, that's about average for me.

Emily

« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2003, 08:24:43 AM »

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%]HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE JED-EST OF JEDS![/move]

Good morning one and all from a very exhausted me.

The intestinal troubles continued far into the night and I just COULD NOT SLEEP! (again... WAY more information than you wanted or needed)

I hate not being able to sleep when I am oh so tired.

Jennifer - my little sister (who towers over me at 6 feet making her my "big" little sister) had the ribs at the Bifthèque and enjoyed them very much.  Maybe I should have had those.  Of course, it may not have been the tenderizer that caused me troubles at all.  I haven't eaten that large a quantity of red meat in a while - maybe my body was saying "old on a second... WTF?!?" :)

Just be glad that I haven't included any of the 15 vomiting smilies from that website we are all enjoying so much! :)
"We've heard that a million monkeys at a million keyboards could produce the complete works of Shakespeare; now, thanks to the Internet, we know that is not true" except at HHW of course! - Robert Wilensky

Noel

• Husband (10th year), father and songwriter
    • Musings on musicals
« Reply #21 on: October 26, 2003, 08:28:05 AM »

TD doesn't need to don pantaloons.  That picture does it for me!
In this family, when words won't do, there's gotta be a song.

td

• td
« Reply #22 on: October 26, 2003, 08:46:06 AM »

Thank you, Noel!  The idea of having to shave my abdomen to don THOSE pantaloons is ridiculous! !  !  Maybe Filene's has a pair of higher waisted ones. . .preferably TURTLE-NECKED!

Jason

« Reply #23 on: October 26, 2003, 09:19:14 AM »

TD: Good thing there's no groaning here at HHW.com.  ;D

Jason

« Reply #24 on: October 26, 2003, 09:22:02 AM »

OK. I am shamelessly going to try to get to twenty-five posts today, so deal with it.

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] HAPPY REAL BIRTHDAY, JED! [/move]

Jason

« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2003, 09:24:52 AM »

Did I mention that I got my flu shot yesterday? Well, I did. The Met gives them out to their employees every year--for free! I love free, but I hate shots. But I hate the flu more than I hate shots, so I got one. My arm is a little sore, but I'm peachy keen in all other respects.

I must do laundry today. I must, I must, I must.

DR MBarnum: I must agree with other DRs who think you look like Mr. Bolder. I thought that the second I saw his picture. You sure you're not related?

Jason

« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2003, 09:25:40 AM »

Here we go, folks...this is twenty-five!!! HUZZAH!

Danise

« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2003, 09:27:01 AM »

I'm sorry, but I did confess! :'(  

[move=left,scroll,6,transparent,100%] Happy B-Day, Jed!! [/move]

Still working on a picture.  I can't seem to crop one small enough yet clear enough to fit.  It turns into a pixel mess the smaller I go.

I'm off the mow the lawn now (Joy)--Can't be caught burning daylight now that it gets dark early!   ;-)

Be back later.

D

Touch Magic, Pass it on!

Jason

« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2003, 09:28:20 AM »

For those of you in the NYC area, or elsewhere for that matter, who care about such things, Mr. Luciano Pavarotti is scheduled to sing three performances of TOSCA at the Met this season. I would venture to say that should he actually be able to get on the stage, this will be his last hoorah at the Met. I'll try to find out the dates that he's on, and I will definitely let you all know.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #29 on: October 26, 2003, 09:35:36 AM »

Okay, I woke up at ten-fifteen only it was nine-fifteen.  LOVE that.  Now, how many of you have read the notes?  No LYING.  Because in them I bring up something that is interesting to me - how many of you thought this was our "new" home page or site?  Because after yesterday's query I began to remember people saying "congrats on the new site".  So, I hope I've been clear that this isn't, in fact, our "new" site, this is just the message board of our old site.  Our home page is still the BK's Notes page, and that's what you see if you go to haineshisway.com.  This was never designed to be our home page and I hope you will all continue going to the notes via the old way.

I think I've managed to reset all the clocks but one.  I shall go reset that now, and then all that will be left is the car clock.

We're havin' a party here, are we not?  Let's dance, baby.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5   Go Up