Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TIME IT WAS  (Read 24157 times)

George

• A person should celebrate what passes by.
Re:I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TIME IT WAS
« Reply #120 on: October 26, 2003, 10:56:35 PM »

Also, Happy Birthday Jed!
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

George

« Reply #121 on: October 26, 2003, 11:01:56 PM »

Now that I know how to post pictures, how does one attach more than one in one post?

This picture is just because he deserves to be seen!   :-*
« Last Edit: October 26, 2003, 11:05:07 PM by George »
Voldemort is basically a middle school girl: he has a locket, a diary, a tiara, a ring, and is completely obsessed with a teenage boy.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #122 on: October 26, 2003, 11:12:26 PM »

I think one pic per post is perfect and safe.

Dear reader Sandra: Forget about Leonardo di Vinci.  Write a paper on Leonardo di Caprio and tell your teacher you misunderstood.

What are MY dances, chopped liver.  I've been dancing in practically every post - now, dance baby.

Tomovoz

« Reply #123 on: October 26, 2003, 11:14:03 PM »

DR Sandra. Learn from the cat. The study of the ice cube has probably given it new meaning to life. A rebirth of learning. Perhaps it will now appreciate the  "I'm Melting" segment of The Wizard Of OZ. Perhaps it has learnt that if you ponder something long enough to will change form and disappear. Things could be worse. You could be having to ponder Leonardo De Caprio and the endless journey of the "Titanic".  Which bring me back to the Ice cube. I was hoping for the Iceberg to win. Nearly time for my supper (6.12pm here), but not I hope the last.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

George

« Reply #124 on: October 26, 2003, 11:15:38 PM »

Right now I'm listening to AccuRadio (the Sondheim subchannel) and they just played "Another Hundred People" sung by Alice Ripley on the BK produced "The Stephen Sondheim Album!"

Jason

« Reply #125 on: October 26, 2003, 11:25:57 PM »

I'm an east coaster and I'm not in bed. Probably because my skin has been crawling since seeing that sickening rodent crawling on my Scooby Doo. I thought about sleeping on the couch, which I dug out of the pile of clothes and books, only to find "remnents" of rodents, if you get my meaning. Little pellets that I'd rather not think about. Apparently there is no safe place to sleep tonight.

My landlord called me back about thirty minutes after I posted and told me that he'd be in tomorrow to put out some poison. At this point, I don't care how they die, I just want them dead. I'm generally very compassionate for living things--even mice--but this has gotten so far out of hand that I'm now on a rampage and I want to kill them all. Isn't that violent of me? I hate that I've come to this, but it truly is disturbing my life now, and I'm fed up with it.

I can't remember who it was that posted a while ago apologizing for making light of my situation. Don't be sorry...up until tonight, even I thought it a bit humourous. But really, mice on the bed is too much. TOOOOOOOO MUCH! I can make light of just about any situation up to a certain point. That point was reached the moment I saw what I saw.

On a more bizarre note, Ms. Ann Miller is on a rerun of HOME IMPROVEMENT right now on Channel 2 in NYC.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #126 on: October 26, 2003, 11:43:10 PM »

I'm glad to see there are still some night people around.  I love these late-night posts, so keep 'em coming.  

And for those who once made accusations of censorship, I post the following:

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #127 on: October 26, 2003, 11:46:00 PM »

I should be in bed...but I couldn't go to sleep without a quick post.  
I sadly will not be at chat tomorrow night, I'll be at the first rehearsal for Pirates of Penzance.  I'm a lowly chorus member, or "daughter" if you prefer.  The good part is that I've done the show before, so I already know the score.  I'm a little nervous about the casting for this one...our Fredric, who's the lead tenor for those of you who don't know the show, is notorious for singing off key.  He must have had one hell of an audition to land that part.  God only knows what will happen now...
So have a wonderfully wonderful chat.  I never seem to make it to them these days.  I have a set 5-7 jazz choir rehearsal on Sunday nights, and now Pirates rehearsals on Mondays.  Blah, Blah I say.  
This time change has my brain and body fighting.  My brain has informed the rest of the gang that it is only 11:45 (early for a college student) and there is no reason to feel so tired.  My body is stubbornly insisting that it's 12:45 and therefore time to sleep.  Since I resisted the lure of the Night Owl Procrastiation dance and actually finished my homework early tonight, I think I shall give in and get some sleep.  
'night all...

George

« Reply #128 on: October 26, 2003, 11:46:40 PM »

Jason, I wish you the best of luck with your mouse problem.  Where I work, we get mice every year around the same time.  Mouse "remnents" on my desk is pretty bad, but I can't imagine having them in my bed.  GOOD LUCK with your landlord and his follow-through.

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #129 on: October 26, 2003, 11:46:56 PM »

bk - in reference to the cheerful tits - hahahahaha!

Ann

• Cake or Death?
    • My LiveJournal
« Reply #130 on: October 26, 2003, 11:49:29 PM »

I'm never gonna get to 25 posts at this rate.  And I'm suddenly seized with a burning desire to be a "Jr. Member" instead of a humble "newbie"

DearReaderLaura

• I am not a social worker.
« Reply #131 on: October 26, 2003, 11:58:01 PM »

BK -- can you tell us anything about the fire situation from  where you are?
The proxy server received an invalid response from an upstream server.

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #132 on: October 27, 2003, 12:01:05 AM »

I really don't know that much about it.  The air was very hazy, even where I am, and my neighbor told me that in West LA the sky was pink and smelly.

Tomovoz

« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2003, 12:43:50 AM »

A major part of Newstime here in Oz has been devoted to the Californian fires. I guess we fire prone areas of the world stick together and empathise. My thoughts are with the people and their animals. Houses are houses. When you have been through it you realise what really is important.
"I'm sixty-three and I guess that puts me with the geriatrics, but if there were fifteen months in every year, I'd only be forty-three".
James Thurber 1957

Jason

« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2003, 12:48:24 AM »

Will I have the honor of the last post of the day??

bk

• Administrator
  • What is it, fish?
« Reply #135 on: October 27, 2003, 12:49:03 AM »

Last chance to post before the new notes are up.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]   Go Up